AGCP: Redux Chapter 2: Lunar conflict

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Kylern

12 micromissiles flew into the four clusters of DINNs resulting in a series of explosions. The aerial units themselves weren't severally damaged but several had been struck in limbs or their wings. One DINN was even missing part of its head and the pilot fought through his malfuntioning sensors. Not a single kill in that first barrage which showed that these munitions were better for swarming targets and insuring some sort of damage rather than instant kills. Not a problem because the two ports on the inside of his wings opened up to reveal his duel energy cannons.

Then suddenly his radio picked up a messege from the Bullet Fiend, guess it wasn't hard to tell the AVF was here even under the heavy electronic defense systems. "Yeah right buddy, I'm going to clean up this mess before you guys can. Just watch why my machine owns this battlefield."

A few DINNs managed to turn around just after realizing they were being attacked from behind. But it was too late for one of them as Kyle pulled the trigger twice and four smaller beams pierced it through the cockpit. The unit sparked and then it plumbetted to the surface before exploding. A second DINN met an equally harsh end as Kyle made a flyby attack. The pin point barrier was activated over the edge of the forward swept wing and then like a beam blade he cut the DINN in half in a very Ed the Ripper sort of way. The machine came apart and both halfs erupted into flames as the YF-19 screeched past the Gundams and their flying armors at more than Mach 3. It pulled up slightly and decreased its speed just enough to safely transform into GERWALK mode and aim its Gunpod at the DINNs from above the Gundams position.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Zangetsu

Zangetsu watched as Kyle disobied his orders and preceded to attack the DINNs. "Okay fine, everyone else unless you want to help him overkill them then I suggest we land on the Osprey, and gather on the deck to meet the Captain." He turned the Bullet Fiend and flew over to the Osprey.

"This is Ensign Zangetsu of the Federation, and team reqesting to come abord. I would apreciate it if we could meet the Captain on deck." he said to them.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Wingnut

- Osprey -
"This is Ensign Zangetsu of the Federation, and team reqesting to come abord. I would apreciate it if we could meet the Captain on deck."

The operator responded. "Permission granted, Ensign. You are clear to land and enter through the aft hatch. Park your sleds outside and find a berth for your machine inside.
The captain will be waiting for you when you get here."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

Strike whistled in approval as Kyle's missiles tore into the DINN formation. He wasn't too keen on his cocky attitude, but when it came to air combat, those who could match a Variable Fighter were few in number. Strike figured he could leave these guys to him.

Zangetsu suddenly shouted out orders to the rest of them, then took off for the Osprey, which Strike could finally see about half a kilometer ahead. The guy seemed to be giving out orders a lot lately. Strike wasn't too keen on how Zangetsu assumed himself to be the leader either.

"Well, whatever," Strike said. "Better get a move on. Stellar," he said, glancing back at the Spartan Gundam, "Follow me."

"Understood," came her reply. The Blu Duel and the Spartan Gundam took off after the Bullet Fiend and towards the Osprey. Strike was eager to get onboard the ship and go check things out.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

as MS began to land on the deck Gai realized there was no chance of him seeing any of the action out there. "well there goes my chance at making a heroic entrance" he sighed and climbed out of his machine.

he stood beside his black and gold Lancelot waiting for the others to park their machines
hellbore

Hellbore was the last to begin re-entry. He tilted his sled to shield his suit from the extreme heat. His Phase-Shift would likely protect but he didn't want to waste power in case of enemy attack.

As the shaking subsided and the red glow faded, Hellbore noted the Kyle's AVF was already moping up what remained of a DINN squad. He boosted the Freedom towards the Osprey, and landed in the hanger via the rear ramp. He noticed a tiny suit, which he recognized as the Lancelot. He exited his suit and walked up to a man leaning on the Knightmare. He saluted and said, "Hi, I'm Ensign Hellbore, formerly of the Grey Wolf. You the pilot of this machine?"
Sume Gai

Gai responded to the man who had approached him "Hello ens. Hellbore, I'm Gai, Sume Gai, but I prefer Night Chaser. now if I remember correctly you're the pilot of the Strike Freedom but it looks like you modified it is it still the Strike Freedom or does it have a different name now?"
Kylern

He guessed he got what was left... no problem though it would take some serious ammo spamming. His machine flew through the hail of fire as the enemy decided to retalitate finally. And honestly he needed help with this. He was only trying to help them with the battle not take it over by himself, after all what did they think he was a newtype?

He had to do something so after releasing a series of flares he caused a series of missiles to predetonate giving him the perfect opprotunity. He set his system on and locked onto everything in the area before they caught him again. "Missile Spam!" He hollered super robot style and pulled the trigger. His four micromissile pods fired off throwing and almost ungoddly amount of ammo into the battlefield. Next came the detonation and the entire sky lit up and his position was engulfed in light and then smoke.
Wingnut

The last DINN pilot left in the air after the missile spam realized he was horribly outclassed and quickly turned around and left the battle area.

"What kind of machine is that?"

- Theo Rawn, Grey Wolf -

"Sir, all the Gundams and the variable fighter have made it safely to Earth."

Rawn unconsciously relaxed.
"Move the fleet out and back toward the moon. Our job is done here."

- Raven Sterling, Fandom space warship repair dock colony -

The news was not good. Her fleet had failed to stop the Gundams and allowed them to escape to Earth.

Shannon will never let me hear the end of this.

There was nothing more that could be done now, so she sent return orders for her fleet to withdraw and return to the dock for repairs and resupply themselves.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
hellbore

"Is it still the Strike Freedom or does it have a different name now?"

Hellbore answered Gai, "Officially it's still the Strike Freedom, I just call it Freedom though."

He paused and asked cautiously "Um, if you don't mind me asking, why is you suit so small?"
He gestured over at the small machine, standing slightly more than twice his height.
Lowind

-Horizon-

Lowind was on the point of going berserk. His idea of stopping the drop was not given a chance to come to fruition at all, and he couldn't even prevent the Federation fleet from getting away.

"Fleet is to return to Great Wall for further resupply and further orders."

"You heard the queen, now move it." Lowind said, trying hard to hide his anger from showing in his words.

-Great Wall-

Lowind had spent the last half an hour in the simulator venting out his anger on everything from Leos to entire colonies, and finally dissipated it. Just as he had washed up and put on his officer uniform the Horizon and the other ships reached the destination.

"This is Captain Lowind, acting commander of the Raven fleet. Requesting permission to dock."
Sume Gai

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, why is you suit so small?"

Gai responded "It's a machine specialized for land combat; being small allows it to move more efficiently and through areas a normal MS can't reach on foot; right now they're working on a flight system for it but till that's done I'll be stuck on a sled or land bound"
Zangetsu

Zangetsu landed the Bullet Fiend in the Osprey's hangar and headed over to where the other pilots were gathering. "Hey Hellborne, whos this your talking to?"

Zangetsu looked arond for the Captain to arrive as he had much to ask him. He noticed a damaged Guarlion in the corrner and that pecked his interest.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Wingnut

- Thomas Ryker -

Seeing that half of the pilots had landed and that it wouldn't be long before the rest did as well, it seemed the best time to introduce himself.

Making his way across the hanger he made his presence known to the pilots.

"Hello, I am Major Thomas Ryker. Commander of this ship. Welcome aboard.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. We will be leaving soon after we get everyone on board so I'll have someone show you to your quarters.

However before that, I have someone to introduce to you that you may already know, at least indirectly."

Ryker motioned with his hand towards a mobile suit standing along the wall for its pilot to come over.

The pilot quickly left his machine and made his way over to Ryker and the other pilots.
The pilot having been on standby removed his helmet and guessing why he had been called over extended his hand towards the other pilots.

"Nice to finally meet you guys in person. The name's Wingnut."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

(permission to retreat denied)

The echoes of explosions tore through Kyle's head as sweat poured down his face. He was breathing hard but he wasn't done yet. On DINN remained and it was attempting to leave the battlefield without being told he could leave. The pilot of the AVF pushed his accelerator forward as he dropped his micromissile pods. The FAST pack boosters pushed him forward in a violent fashion that dug him into the seat.

The unit easily caught up with the DINN before it got a chance to get away. Then transforming into Soldier mode he quickly grabbed the CE mech by the back of the head and another hand on a wing. "You aren't going anywhere buddy..." A pin point barrier was formed around the hand gripping the wing and with a punch he drove it into back of the unit in a Macross Punch style. His unit could almost feel the cheap battery energy supply as the hand wrapped onto it. Then he crushed the battery causing the entire unit to shudder and then rip apart in detonation. He quickly pulled back, transformed into fighter mode and retreated as the DINN and its pilot were killed instantly. The unit had probably given an SOS signal but he didn't care... He just flew as fast as possible to return to the Osprey.

When he arrived he landed the black and gold fighter in the last spot avaliable and powered down. Then he quickly got out still in his helmet and walked towards the growing group near the Lancelot. "Lt. Ryder of the Alpha One reporting that all DINNs were taken care of." He gave a salute and waited.
Zangetsu

'Wingnut?! The mod from mechatalk?' Thought Zangetsu.

"Hey you the same one from mechatalk, stranger?" he asked Wingnut.

Zangetsu turned his head slightly to the Captain. "Sir I have a couple questions for you. I'd like you to give us a squad leader as our previous one has left? Also i'm wondering if I may use that Guarlion in the corner to upgrade my Bullet Fiend for combat here on Earth?"
Cybaster

Emily contemplated it as she quickly regrouped with Zangetsu and the others, but apparently the DINNs' CR were too low to make any kind of opponent for Kylern --- or, for that matter, give her any significant XP, which only something such as actually killing Kylern would give. Or some Fandom enemy with a similar CR to Emily. She decided not to waste her ammo and Beam Magnum uses per encounter on something that trivial and swerved the Unicorn away to follow the others.

"Meh," Emily shrugged, looking at the dying DINNs one last time. "DM's not gonna give me any XP for that anyway."

Soon after, the Unicorn Gundam touched down as well, sliding smoothly along the Osprey's flight deck (and Emily having gotten a total of 18 on the Tumble check as a result). It came to a stop, Flying Armor and everything, on one end of the hanger, and as its cockpit subsequently slid open, the bright pink little ball that was Emily climbed out of it and walked --- suddenly finding herself under the grasp of gravity and almost plummeting the rest of the way down to the deck.

o_O!!!

With a small, surprised scream, she grabbed at the left side of the cockpit opening hurriedly and, after awhile, steadied herself. She then pulled herself back into the cockpit and, in fright, shuffled back into the cockpit, kneeling behind the right edge of the frame and peering out at how tall everything suddenly seemed to her. Hoo, boy. If Emily fell down there, Emily realized, that'd be at least 10d6 points of falling damage and not even her Tumble check could save her from that much...

"Uhhhhh...hello? Someone?" Emily began crying out, stretching her left arm out of the opening and waving madly to get someone's attention. "I seemed to have run out of Feather Fall, and I don't wanna take falling damage! How do I get down from here? Someone help? He~llo....!!!?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Gai finished talking with Hellbore was making his way over to the captain when he heard a call

"I seemed to have run out of Feather Fall, and I don't wanna take falling damage! How do I get down from here? Someone help? He~llo....!!!?"

he knew at once that it must be Emily (her file mentioned her very odd speech)

Looking up as he turned and walked towards the Unicorn Gundam before crying out "HEY; don't you have a winch on your mech, like on the inside of the hatch?"
Last edited by Sume Gai on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaster

Emily nodded and promptly disappeared back into the cockpit; A moment later, a wrench came flying out and began falling towards Sume (and it became painfully apparent that Emily completely misinterpreted the word 'winch' for 'wrench'). "Does this work? It's probably falling at you, since I rolled a 25 on the Attack Roll, so you might wanna make the Reflex Save to catch it...yeah, roll your Reflex Save."
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wingnut

"Hey you the same one from mechatalk, stranger?"

So they did bring other members over.

"Yeah, that's me. They brought me over in I assume the same way they did with you guys." Wingnut paused a moment as his hand went towards his butt before continuing. "Probe and all." The sensation of being suddenly, for a lack of a better term, violated in that area was something he would never forget even if someone wiped his memory of the incident.

A loud feminine screech echoed through the hanger interrupting Wingnut's train of thought.

Turning to the source of the scream he saw a blur of pink scramble into the cockpit of the all white suit that had just landed.
"Uhhhhh...hello? Someone?" Emily began crying out, stretching her left arm out of the opening and waving madly to get someone's attention. "I seemed to have run out of Feather Fall, and I don't wanna take falling damage! How do I get down from here? Someone help? He~llo....!!!?"

If this were an anime Wingnut would have a large sweat drop behind his head right now.
I guess for spacenoids gravity really is a harsh mistress.
He noticed Sume moving to give her a hand so it seemed that she would be all right.

Seeing as the pilot he was talking to was more interested in talking to Ryker, Wingnut continued to watch Sume Gai and this female pilot to make sure that things were all right, when for some reason a wrench flew out of the cockpit.
...The hell? Why did she throw a tool at him? This chick is going to be a handful to deal with, I can tell

- Ryker -

"Sir I have a couple questions for you. I'd like you to give us a squad leader as our previous one has left? Also i'm wondering if I may use that Guarlion in the corner to upgrade my Bullet Fiend for combat here on Earth?"

"I'm certain that will not be a problem. Rawn told us that your machines may need upgrading to work better on Earth so we do have a lot of spare parts around that could help.
As for that Guarlion, its Tesla Drive is still intact so you should be able to fit it to your machine to allow it to fly. With that Red Eagle in the area we are going to be headed for, we'll need all the flying types we can get.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.