AGCP: Redux Chapter 2: Lunar conflict

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

AGCP: Redux Chapter 2: Lunar conflict

((OOC: Basically a continuation of the last thread from where it left off. I'm just starting a new thread/chapter to keep things neat.))
Last edited by Wingnut on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

What was he doing here? A blue mobile suit floated in space just near the gravitational pull of the moon's surface. The pilot had been asleep and when he woke up he noticed that he was alone... Wasn't he with a group? He remembered going out to test this machine for some company. But for some reason he had blanked out in the middle of things. His mobile suit was barely armed with any defenses... mainly a machine-gun and his shield mounted combat spikes. He hadn't taken anything else when he had started this. But where was everyone? Did they leave him behind for some reason?

"Where is my current location?" Kyle asked messing with the navigational controls. He calculated his position and found that he was far from the test location. Then it all smacked him in the face like a bad dream in the morning. He had blanked out while doing a speed test... For some reason he had lost control and the spinning motion had caused him to black out. That made more sense... But where was he going now?

Not to far away was what appeared to be a battered fleet... Was that the Federation Army? It was! He had somewhere to go now it seemed and quickly after repositioning his machine upright he took off towards the fleet at high speed. He had switched his beacon on to show he was an allied unit... Well sort of. He was a civilian test pilot and the company he worked for was commissioned by the Federation Military. That would, by logic, make they allies. And with the top speed of this mobile suit he was able to quickly reach the Federation fleet and opened a line with the closest ship that could carry mobile weapons.

"This is Test Pilot Kyle Ryder of the Lunar Corporation (Made the name up...). I request clearance to dock with your ship?" He asked waiting to be allowed to dock. He had no idea they were being pursued by the enemy fleet and had no idea that by asking to dock he would be drawn into the battle that would ensue. But there was no point in worrying about that now... What was done was done and he would deal with the consequences later on.

He was given permission to land it seemed and his unit was now inside of a military ship where it had always wanted to be. A military weapon belonged here... But once he landed he decided to sit in the cockpit until he was either asked to come out or needed. He honestly didn't belong here but he was here and would now wait.
Last edited by Kylern on Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nightwing03

"Well, guess i beat the Big O." Mike said with a smirk.

Mike couldn't see the Zaku I anywhere so he headed off. He then heard a transmission saying everyone should head back to the Grey Phantom. He then sped off towards the direction of the Grey Phantom which was heading towards the moon.

"This is Mike Grahams, pilot of the Guardian Gundam, Earth Federation force, approval to land?"

A voice approved over the transmission.

He slowly lowered the Guardian down, and walked it slowly through the hangar hatch.
Mike opened his cockpit and left the Guardian.

"Maintenance crew, i need you guys to fix up my Guardian quick." Mike exclaimed.

He then walked off towards the bridge of the Grey Phantom and entered.
♣♦♠♥
Lowind

"All ships, prepare to intercept the Federation fleet before they reach the moon! Victory shall be ours!"

"Heard that? Crew you should know what to do, but let me say it anyway: Advance at full speed, the Horizon will be at the front of the fleet. Hangar team, you have time to repair all mobile suits. But be quick about it. All pilots should take the opportunity for some rest and recovery." Lowind said trying to mimic an officer's tone. The Musaka-class vessel activated its engines, as he ordered his crew around.

Did I forget anything? Oh yes. Jean Sterling. Lowind thought.

"Crew I forgot to say this just now, but Master Jean Sterling is on this ship right now. Please mind your manners in his presence. Hangar team, your top priority is to repair his Xeku Zwei."

"Ah. Master Jean, you grace us with your presence." Lowind said with more than a little sarcasm concealed among his honeyed words as the bridge gate opened. "Do you wish to assume command of this vessel?"[/i]
Cybaster

After another 10 minutes of imaginary TIE Fighter Blasting, Steve and Monterey returned. Emily smiled cutely at them. "Yeeeeeeees?"

"First off...Kiddo, you're on a military ship. To not refer to us as 'Sir' or the rank as a sign of respect is kind of Out of Character, alright?" Steve replied, shaking his head, causing Emily to pout. :( "I'll let it go this time since you've only been in the Federation for half an hour, but the next time you forget I'm gonna start docking XP from you. Got it?"

Emily nodded.

"Good. Now, listen carefully, kiddo." Steve continued. "We're kinda behind schedule. Tome of Battle's suffered a game mechanics imbalance and is slowing down the whole character creation process; Stupid tech writers apparently got the Swordsage Engine's 1st level bonus skill point modifier set to six times instead of four and it's overloaded their buffer circuits. Damn Tome of Battle," Steve muttered under his breath, cursing. "It's the new sourcebook ship out of all of the others, too.

"But anyway. We can't leave it behind because as a 1st level armored transport it'll be a sitting duck to any CR3 Fandom enemies that appear, and its Saving Throw bonuses from its complement of three Neros isn't gonna be high enough to fight off the Fandom's save-or-die attacks. So the rest of the supply force's going to slow down with it until it finishes en-route errata repairs to its Skill Point totals...which means we'll be late delivering the RX-0 to the Grey Phantom at the Moon."

Emily blinked. "So whatcha want me to do?"

"It's simple. I've already gotten your character sheet submitted to the Federation --- you're now the official permanent pilot of the Unicorn Gundam, are now Ensign Emily Stormgunner of the Federation, and are now at 9th Level, congrats."

"I'm at 9th!? Yaaaaaay!" Emily jumped up and down gleefully. "So that's where that *DING* I heard a few minutes ago came from!"

"Yep. Anyway, we're going to send you to the Grey Phantom with two of the supply fleet's Neros and you'll officially be under their command from now on. We're going to put the RX-0 on a Flying Armor SFS, which should increase its Movement Speed by about 250ft per round, and send you to the Grey Phantom ahead of us. With the innate Run feat that all characters seem to have in this campaign, you should be there pretty fast. Unless you're stuck in a random encounter along the way, which should only happen if you roll a 1 on the d10, chances are you don't have to do anything other than sit back and pay attention to the radar; The Flying Armor will do most of the work, and all you need to do is ask the Grey Phantom if you can join their party once the RX-0 is near it. And if you're attacked along the way, the Flying Armor can help, if not you know how to detach it."

Emily nodded. Steve smiled.

"You'll do okay, kiddo. You're a multiclass Monk/Paladin/Fighter with Spring Attack, 18 Cha, Divine Grace and fated by the DM to pilot the Unicorn. Your build will be just fine. Just believe in yourself, the Unicorn Gundam and the SRD...oh, and consider taking Divine Shield for this level, just to boost your AC some more." As Steve began floating away, he suddenly turned around just as Emily was strapping herself in officially. "Oh, and remember that the people you're gonna meet on the Grey Phantom...well, they're not really into the destiny that is D&D. If you talk the way I've taught you to them you'll probably get blank stares at best, so just act normal, and keep your dice rolls private."

"Mmm-hmm, got it!" ^_^

"Right, and Monty? Give the girl her normal suit...good luck, kiddo. Wizards bless you."

Then as Monty floated away as well after tossing a package towards Emily, the girl enthusiastically grabbed at it...and beamed. As she eyed her new helmet and AEUG-issue-like Flight Suit with a happy smile, she couldn't help but notice that it's bright pink.

And bright pink happens to be her favorite color.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Terrace

Terrace was fuming.

After getting over his excitement at being allowed to pilot Gundam Heavyarms Custom, he had expected to go gloriously to battle, going trigger-happy insane whenever he saw a enemy blip, and enjoying the insanity.

Instead, Terrace was told to transfer to Grey Phantom as a large group of other Gundams, many sporting battle damage, came into the hangar and stomped into holding docks. He wanted to shoot something, and being denied left him very, very annoyed. He just about drove a lowly tech to run to his quarters in fear after snapping at him.

Then Terrace thought about it: Needing absolutely no repairs, he would likely be one of the first to fight in the next battle. With this happy thought, he calmed down sufficiently that the techs were able to approach him without getting yelled at.

Putting the matter aside in his mind, he walked to a location where it would be guaranteed that he could talk to the surviving pilots: the lounge. After all, the best way to survive your first battle is to listen to the veterans...

As a pilot walked in, Terrace called out to him.

"Hey, how was the battle?"
Last edited by Terrace on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Zangetsu

-"Hey, how was the battle?"-

Zangetsu turned to the new pilot. "Well it was chaos everyone going everywhere and shooting everything. That idiot Strike brought out Stellar and her Destroy Gundam."

Zangetsu clenched his fist and then relaxed it. "But anyways whats you're name and what suit do you have? My name is Zangetsu and I pilot the Gundam Bullet Fiend."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Terrace

-"But anyways what's your name and what do suit do you have? My name is Zangetsu and I pilot the Gundam Bullet Fiend."-

Terrace smiled.

"I'm Terrace. I pilot the Gundam Heavyarms Custom. I feel cheated about being made to sit out this battle. Though to be fair, I was dimension-snatched too late to participate. But," here his grin got even bigger, "because Heavyarms needs no repairs, I'll probably be one of the first ones out into the battle. Maybe we can be friends."

Click Here!
Zangetsu

Zangetsu suddenly became curious. "Heavyarms Custom eh? It's almost the same as my Bullet Fiend except, I replaced all shells with beams. I would like to be friends as well. So can I expect you to assist us in battle from the rear?"
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Kylern

The Zudah had landed and the cockpit door opened as Kyle decided to step out for a few moments and get a breath of fresh air. He wasn't in a military flight uniform but a test uniform meant to combat extreme Gs and was also fireproof in case the accident prone Zudah caught fire on the inside. He stepped down into the ship and looked at all the Gundams running around looking all cool and bad ass. He wasn't a Gundam pilot... his machine was a pretty standard mobile suit based on Fandom designs. Lunar Corp wanted to test the abilities of mono-eyed designs and this was what they came up with.

A random mechanic came up to him after looking at the experimental unit. "I see your the one piloting the new test unit. I'm glad to have seen the elusive EMS-10 myself. Its a rather interesting unit... I can't believe the Federation would authorize the creation of a Fandom like unit for test functions." He spouted out rather excitedly. Kyle just looked at him with a cocked eyebrow and his helmet in his arms.

"You have to know the enemy to defeat them I guess... All I know is its fun as hell to fly. Would it hurt to get refueling and rearming while I'm here? I saw an enemy fleet behind you guys and if I'm going to have to fight then I want myself in tip top condition." He replied after brushing his hair from his eyes. He felt like the odd one in the bunch of course but everyone needed bullet sponges he guessed.

"No problem Sir. I'll get to it. What sort of weapons are you mounting?" The machanic asked as he drew a clipboard to take notes.

"I need ammo for a 90mm assault machine gun, anti-MS grenades, two sturm faust RPGs, and if you have one laying around I'll take a long range anti-ship rifle." He said these off the top of his mind from his knowledge of usable gear. He remembered that the reactor wasn't strong enough to support beam weapons which was a shame but they had to have bullets laying around...

"Alright I'll get to it. The RPGs will be hard to get ahold of since their typically only used by the enemy forces. The rifle will also be trouble. If I can get ahold of one I'll mount it on your unit."

"Thanks buddy, I appreciate it. Just bill Lunar Corp for the fuel and ammo. I'm sure that will make their day. When battle does happen I'll get combat data which will make everything alright in the end." With that the mechanic gave a yes sir and left to get things done. Kyle looked at all the Gundams once again and felt rather small.
Terrace

Terrace kept smiling.

"As long as I get to blow up several Fandom mooks via sheer firepower, I'll be glad to support from the rear. I think we'd make a great team."

He gestured to his own normal suit.

"And I'm just tickled that my normal suit has a coloring scheme reminiscent of my Gundam."

He stood up to leave the room.

"Well, been nice talking to ya. I'm going to go to the hangar and drool over Heavyarms, if that's alright."

Click Here!
Zangetsu

"Heh, I'm going that way too. I need to check on the repairs on my Bullet Fiend. I'll make sure to cover you if anybody tries to get too close out there. Ohh and you should watch out the enemy has Epyon." As he left the room with Terrace.
Terrace

"Ah, well, that shouldn't be too much of a problem if we keep our distance and keep trying to pump Epyon full of lead. You do know that suit has absolutely no long-range weapons, right? Just a extra-powerful beam saber and a heat whip."

Eventually, the two of them reached the hangar. Terrace gleefully glanced at Heavyarms and went over to it, intending to familiarize himself further with the controls. Then looking to the side, he saw a Mobile Suit that didn't look a thing like a Gundam.

For crying out loud, even the Turn A looks more like a Gundam than that thing, and I don't consider the Turn A a Gundam at all...

Stopping a mechanic, he asked about the suit.

"That's a test unit meant for gathering information about Fandom designs," was the response. Terrace blinked.

"You mean like where to shoot Fandom suits for the best chance of destroying them, or performance issues?"

"I don't know. You'll have to ask the test pilot about that."

Terrace thought about it, then continued floating towards Heavyarms. He could always ask the guy later...

Click Here!
Lowind

Do you wish to assume command of this vessel?

Jean Sterling was trying to keep calm. "This man is not someone to be taken likely" he thought as he remembered that it was this captain that annihilated the Destroy Gundam, while surrounded by at least 4 other enemy gundams.

"Thanks for the praise, Captain, but no. This ship is fine under your command as it is. Besides ranks aside I am just a guest aboard this ship. And truth be told, such a small ship isn't really worthy of my command." Jean said the last line in a condescending tone in an attempt to prove his own superiority, but he also whispered that line so as not to jeopardise crew morale.

The captain laughed in a extremely chilling way. "Fine then. Master Jean, you might want to take a rest for now. We have prepared a cabin for you.
Same goes for everyone else - you all have time to take a breather until further notice. Crew at ease."He said raising his voice to issue the command. "By the way Sir, I regret to inform you that this ship is carrying only two mobile suits at this time. It is a small ship after all, regrettably. Who knows, maybe you weren't supposed to board this ship, or indeed even draw breath at this point."

Jean was about to draw his sidearm. He found that he could not. "Is this man... telling the truth... and am i believing his nonsense...?" he thought.[/i]
The Big Zabowski

Neros floated high above the recovery efforts, the fleet readying to leave the area. It was then that two Jegan units spotted the marred Gundam, and decided to tow it back to the ship for repairs. Try as they might, they never did get a response from the cockpit, and gave the pilot up for dead. They'd have to reassign the unit it seemed. In the distance, the wreckage of what looked to be a partially intact Siren floated as well, now being hooked up to another gaggle of Jegans and being towed back to the Grey Phantom.

Inside the Neros, Zabo sat unconscious, his glasses cracked and visor smashed. Smoke filled the cockpit giving it a deep brown haze while sparks let off every which way. The Siren on the other hand, was the last of it's kind. It had a hole blown in it's middle torso, signaling the death of the Siren team..

---

Once both suits were dragged on board the Grey Phantom, the crews went to work opening the hatch of the Neros, being forced to remove the armor plates and locking mechanisms on the suit so as to preserve the hatch parts as much a possible. It would take them a bit, but eventually they would open the cockpit to a groggy Zabo, who attempted to remove his helm only to be met with the stinging stabs of small shards of Plexiglas. He was quickly attended to by medical technicians as he sat just outside of the cockpit.

"What a day.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Strike Zero

Earth Federation
Ra Calium class ship Grey Wolf

"Man... what a mess." Strike said as he looked over their Gundams.

In reality, the statement was quite an understatement. The only two Gundams left that were even remotely in shape to fight were Zangetsu's Bullet Fiend and Mike's Guardian. The rest were all badly damaged and desperately in need of repair. Strike could only hope that the talk he heard about them getting a couple of new Gundams was true.

"What a mess," Strike said again.

"You're telling me," came another voice.

Strike turned and looked to see the technician he'd met on the Liberator.

"Hey, Random Technician. You made it."

The man looked put off, but quickly shook it off. "So, how about that 'fantastic plan' of yours? Crazy adolescent teenager at the helm of a giant armed mobile sit of death didn't work out, huh?"

"Hey, that usually works against hordes of enemy grunt suits. I didn't expect there to be an enemy Gundam with a giant beam saber."

"I guess. How's she doing anyway?"

Strike shrugged, though he thought he'd better go check on her later on. He felt a little guilty about what happened; he was the one that set off in the first place, after all.

But, for now, he was going to relax here in the hanger for a little while. He went back to counting off their Gundam units. Blu Duel, Strike Freedom, Neros, Bullet Fiend, Guardian...

Strike frowned. Was that all? They seemed to be missing one...

"Hey, RT... where's the Dynames?"

"The what?"

"The Gundam Dynames. You know, Folken's unit?"

There was a long silence, then Random Technician gave a shrug.

It wasn't here? Strike's eyes slowly began to widen as he came to a horrible realization.

"You... you guys did remember to transfer it over to one of the Clops when we abandoned ship, right?"

"Well, we were about to, but then you pulled us over to help you with that half-assed counterattack scheme you cooked up, so it's probably still on the--"

The man froze in mid sentence, then looked over at Strike. For several seconds, the two men just stared at each other looking horrified.

Fandom
Wreckage of the Federation battleship Liberator

Marlene slowly circled the once-proud Federation warship, now a sorry sight indeed. The Liberator was missing its bridge and was full of holes. According to the most recent reports, it was damaged to this point thanks to one of their independent operatives. It was man by the name of Volnixshin, and this man had used a mobile suit similar to the Federations... a Gundam...

Gundam...

The word left a bitter taste in Marlene's mouth at every utterance.

Right now her team was surveying the wreckage. The ship's reactor had been damaged, but was in no danger of going critical. They were searching for anything that could be of use. Parts, weapons, battle plans, though she doubted that even the Federation would be stupid enough to--

"Commander!" came a cry of the intercom.

"Yes, what is it?" Marlene replied.

"We... we found something. Something big."

"Well, what is it?"

"I... I think you better look for yourself."

Impatience welling, Marlene punched the controls and maneuvered the Bawoo over towards the ships hanger bay, where her team was at. She set down, exited the cockpit and floated over to where they were waiting for her.

"Well? What is it?" she repeated.

"This way," they said and gestured that she follow, which she did.

When they arrived, everything was pitch black.

"Lights," the man said. Several floodlights flashed to life.

Marlene's jaw dropped.

"This..."

In front of them stood a mobile suit... but not just any. This was the mobile suit that had defeated Lady Raven's entire squadron single handedly the first time around.

It was a Gundam.

"What should we do with it ma'am?" the man asked.

"Do you even have to ask?" Marlene snapped. She paused then looked back at the green-armored machine. "Take it back to the ship, but... don't report it to Lady Raven just yet."

As they made preparations to move the machine, Marlene found that for some reason she couldn't tear her eyes away from it.

Before she made a report to Raven... she had to figure out just what she was going to do with it... this Gundam...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Terrace

Terrace looked up from his rather lengthy orientation session in the cockpit of Heavyarms Custom (which involved, among other things, simply sitting in the seat and imagining blowing random Fandom mooks to itty-bitty pieces) to see a man who looked like a fellow pilot and a random tech looking at each other in horror. Figuring that they had just heard a truely disturbing joke, he dived back into the manual in his lap that he had found on the way to the ship.

Click Here!
Kylern

The pilot in his pitch black flight suit started to walk through the hanger to see all the different Gundams. On his shoulders were what looked like patches showing his test unit and on his front was his name and rank. He had been a military space fighter pilot so he was an 1st Lt.

They were all so powerful looking and he was pretty impressed with the tech. They were big, powerful, and heavily armed compared to his Zudah. His mobile suit didn't have the weapon capabilities and such these guys did and instead his focused on specs and ability. He was pretty sure he could win a race against any of these guys... But that was unimportant.

As he gave a short round about the ship he decided to head back to what he was use too. His Zudah was finishing its re-arming and re-fueling just as he came around and the mechanic from before came around to him with a smile.

"It seems your ready to go Lt. Ryder. We managed to get the weapons you asked for and there is a 135mm anti-ship rifle hatched to the side of the ship if you want to use it. It only has 5 shots so be sparing on it." The guy said with a check list of everything that had been done.

"Thank you sir. I'll stay on ship until we get to the moon. It seems you might need an extra gun on board to fight the Fandom." He replied as he looked over the checklist quickly.
Cybaster

"Catapult ready, RX-0 systems check register normal, Flying Armor all green."

"Nero escorts from the Complete Arcane and Complete Divine report ready to go."

"Okay! I'm all set!" Emily tittered, shuffling herself around the seat of the RX-0, now in a pink-colored AEUG normal suit and strapped in. The RX-0 itself was hunched over slightly to brace itself for catapult launch, feet planted on a streamlined Gundam Mk. II Flying Armor SFS. She pressed a few more buttons, bringing up another small window within the panoramic cockpit's screens. "Right, Cap'n, am I good to go?"

"Yes, control will give you the word. With your Flying Armor and the current position of the Grey Phantom, it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get there." Steve Livingstone paused from that small window Emily just opened, rubbing his chin thoughtfully, causing Emily to blink at him. "Just remember, kiddo, the important thing's to get there. So if you get bogged down in a random encounter, feel free to full retreat if you get down to 3/4 Hit Points or face more than twice your CR's worth in enemies, got it? And try not to get AoO'd too much."

Emily nodded one more time.

"Good. Then good luck to you, kiddo --- if a Succubus Paladin can exist, you certainly can make it in this world. Keep your Will Saves high, your Character Sheet ready, and if you ever have to roll a Move Silently check, for the love of Heironeous please don't get a 4. Control, begin your clearance."

Steve's window closed to be replaced by an orange-haired operator girl in a brighter pink uniform than Emily's normal suit. "Understood. RX-0, Unicorn Gundam, you're clear to go."

"Right! ...Okay, how should I say this...? Oh, I know!" Emily paused a moment, tapping her helmet glass as she was momentarily stuck on how to give a Gundam exit quote, and finally decided to let plot contrivance play its part. She suddenly knew what to say and faced forward with a confident smile. "Emily Stormgunner, Unicorn Gundam, ikimasu --- And I just rolled an 18 on my +12 Tumble check!"

"Launching's a Concentration check, kiddo, not Tumble!"

"Whaaaaa!? Oh, n----"

Then the RX-0 and Flying Armor rocketed forward, jarring Emily against her seat momentarily as it shot out of the Oriental Adventures' flight deck and lifted off; After awhile, the G-forces died down, and Emily straightened herself again as soon as she could move freely; Two Nero escorts on Flying Armors soon took up flanking positions next to the RX-0, and moved parallel towards the distant Grey Phantom.

Then Emily looked around, and she was treated to her first point-blank view of space itself --- and was absolutely dazzled by the stars surrounding her. It was absolutely breathtaking; This really was definitely better than boring ol' religion class, Emily tittered to herself...

"...Oh, and my Concentration check was 12. Lucky~"
Last edited by Cybaster on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Ascension

Some time after the battle Mari finally finished dragging the pieces of the Big O back to the damaged Necronomicon.

"Well, that didn't go quite as well as expected..." TM muttered as he climbed out of the wreckage.

"NOT AS WELL AS EXPECTED?!?!? YOU DESTROYED THE SHIP!" Bob screamed.

"Now now, Bob, be glad! At least most of us survived! We only suffered two-fifths casualties."

"There are only three of us left!"

"Never fear! We still have the dimensional gate that summoned me, do we not? All we have to do is summon a few... allies. I think I know just the thing."

"You're writing off CATS and Jimmy just like that?"

"Yes. Yes I am. Don't tell the girl, though."

"Why not?"

"Because if she tries to destroy me, I'll take the ship... and you... with me. Simple as that. Now come along and help me fire up the gate."

"Yes... sir."

"And don't be such a grouch. Don't make me put up motivational posters."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.