New RPG Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

Fritzy wrote:Gambit, it would be nice if somehow the word 'Gundam' is involved with your idea in some way (either to start or eventually), because we're treading a fine line here between AU and General ideas.
Yeah, I basically said the same thing on the last page. Still, even reading his idea right now, it does allow for something called a Gundam to show up at some point (Leading to the interesting point where we would find out what kinda of unit is a Gundam in that universe).
That Ashlyn Guy wrote:I know it's confusing for everyone because Red went and confused me.
You make that sound like a bad thing. :P
Recon 5 wrote:Yeah, I know that I just broke up the current line of AU discussion with a General suggestion, but since this is the overall RPG forum, whats wrong with that? The General section is for RPs that are currently running.
Uh... no, the General Section isn't just for RPG's that are currently running, it's for RPG's that aren't classified as UC or AU. As for what's wrong with a General RPG suggestion, it's that we're not looking for a new General RPG right now, we're looking for a AU RPG. :P
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Gambit01

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:

Gambit, it would be nice if somehow the word 'Gundam' is involved with your idea in some way (either to start or eventually), because we're treading a fine line here between AU and General ideas.
How exactly do you think the good guys are going to be able to do something besides run away from every battle? :P I just think 'Mobile Frame' sounds cooler than 'Mobile Suit' is all.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Strike Zero

So... Mobile Frame Gundam?

I can dig it. :)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Gambit01

You daaaamn right. 8)
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Recon 5

Would a new Gundam universe or a reimagining of an existing AU still be a valid setting? I've been toying around with the idea of a new AU or modified AU where MAs are still the in thing, with the first MS (a Gundam, naturally) only showing up in the middle of the story or towards the end. I might even introduce the first ever Mobile Armor Gundam if I get the chance to see this one through. For now, though, this idea is just here for the record in case anyone wants to pick it up.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Psyden

Actually, there have technically already been 2 Mobile Armor Gundams:

FHA-78-3 Heavy Full Armor 7th Gundam
RX-78GP03 Gundam "Dendrobium Orchis"

And that is not even counting the transformable Gundam. Of course, underneath it all, there are still suits, but it's a Gundam, there has to be a suit hidden in there somewhere.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
mcred23

Recon 5 wrote:Would a new Gundam universe or a reimagining of an existing AU still be a valid setting?
In short, likely yes.

In long, if you are going to do a reimagining of an existing AU, you can pull anything but UC and FC, for obvious reasons. If you want to make a new universe, that's fine, but like I said a few pages back, you can't pick and choose mecha from other universes (Like having Zakus and Leos and Daggers all in the same universe, that won't fly).

Kavik Ryx

Can a recommendation be a shameless plug?
mcred23

Kavik Ryx wrote:Can a recommendation be a shameless plug?
If you mean recommend an offsite RPG, which I suspect is what you mean, then no.

If you mean something else (Not that I'd have a clue as to what), please explain (Preferably via a PM).

Kavik Ryx

mcred23 wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:Can a recommendation be a shameless plug?
If you mean recommend an offsite RPG, which I suspect is what you mean, then no.

If you mean something else (Not that I'd have a clue as to what), please explain (Preferably via a PM).
I guess the actual term I was looking for was shameless self advertisement. Taking a self created AU story, and using it as the basis for an RP.
Psyden

Heck, that's what I was thinking of doing, and I think that is what Gambit might be doing (unless he really did just make a universe for the Proposal).

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Recon 5

I think thats what we're supposed to do, actually...

mcred23

Kavik Ryx wrote:I guess the actual term I was looking for was shameless self advertisement. Taking a self created AU story, and using it as the basis for an RP.
I still have no idea what you mean about the self advertisement... :|

However, as for the part about taking a self created original AU idea and then using that as the basis for an RPG, that is perfectly fine. Gambit is doing just that, and other people are more than welcome to come up with their own ideas (Of course, just keep in mind what we've already said about using MS and whatnot).

Kavik Ryx

Good to know. I won't write anything for this one, but I'll give an idea for whenever the next will turn out to be. I should probably get a feel for this whole RP thing first.
Lans

Psyden wrote:I might even introduce the first ever Mobile Armor Gundam if I get the chance to see this one through. For now, though, this idea is just here for the record in case anyone wants to pick it up.
Actually it's a good idea. Setting on some universe when everybody used MA instead of MS. I don't see why we couldn't RPG with this kind of setting. The background is somewhat easy to create, like a UC without AMBAC technology. I know MA aslo uses AMBAC to a degree but yeah, we could play even with that gap.
mcred23 wrote:
That Ashlyn Guy wrote:I know it's confusing for everyone because Red went and confused me.
It is a bad thing. :mrgreen:
mcred23

lans* wrote:
mcred23 wrote:
It is a bad thing. :mrgreen:
Thou is not a member of the RPG Trinary. Thou has no say in what is or is not bad (Never mind whether confusing Fritz is a good thing, only I and Cardi know the answer to that question)! :twisted:

Lans

Kavik Ryx wrote:I guess the actual term I was looking for was shameless self advertisement. Taking a self created AU story, and using it as the basis for an RP.
I think he has written some gundam universe and wants to offer the storyline and settings for us to be played in the RPG.
mcred23 wrote:Thou is not a member of the RPG Trinary. Thou has no say in what is or is not bad (Never mind whether confusing Fritz is a good thing, only I and Cardi know the answer to that question)! :twisted:
Uppss, time to bail-out. Earth here I come. :mrgreen:
Recon 5

lans* wrote:
I think he has written some gundam universe and wants to offer the storyline and settings for us to be played in the RPG.
If we do pick it up and somebody else gets the mod post, he'd better steel himself to see his vision derailed. I've had it start to happen on an RP I was running (luckily it died shortly after) so it would be a lot worse if he was not in charge.

Kavik Ryx

Recon 5 wrote: If we do pick it up and somebody else gets the mod post, he'd better steel himself to see his vision derailed. I've had it start to happen on an RP I was running (luckily it died shortly after) so it would be a lot worse if he was not in charge.
It all depends on which story I go with since some of them I have developed more or is more specific. F is my most developed, an easy one to make an RP out of, but is so specific in my head near the end that it would be painful to see it take a different route. Neo F is a lot broader in scale but would be harder to derail. Faith's Melancholy would probably be ideal because I have not developed it enough for it to feel bastardized. There are three others, but they are too short or too specific to work with. Whichever one I go with, it won't be until the next go round of AU RP suggestions that I bring it up anyway.
mcred23

Alright everybody, it's submission time, and here's where you'll be getting the details you need to know.

First and foremost, for an idea to officially submitted, you need to PM it to me. When you send it, make sure you use the "Code" tags around your idea so that any italics and whatnot will remain intact as the writer intends.

For the idea itself, you guys should have a good idea what you want to put in the post. If you need some help or inspiration, take a look at these threads for some finished ideas.

Now, you can resubmit an idea to me if you found some errors or made some changes to it or whatever, just make it clear in the PM that you're sending a new/updated/revised/whatever idea and I will use the one in that PM (And delete the older one, since I only have so much space in my inbox :mrgreen:).

Next, and this is important and something I want to make clear, if you don't want to, or can't, be the Game Master of the RPG, please make that clear in your idea. We don't want to vote for an idea only to find out a week later that someone else is going to have to run it.

And finally, the deadline. You have until 11:00 PM (EST) on this Friday, April 18th, to submit your ideas. After that time, no further ideas will be accepted. The Voting Poll will go up shortly after that.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or ask them here. Also, keep an eye on this thread in case I have to make any updates or changes, as they'll be made in here.

Uh... I think that's everything. (Checks list) Yep, everything I got... 8)