New RPG Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Fritz Ashlyn

New RPG Discussion Thread

The G Gundam RPG has closed, and the Trinary has decided to see how well the section can continue to support 3 simultaneous RPGs.

This thread is for members to discuss what AU the new RPG will take place in, as well as a place to submit and discuss specific ideas. After a reasonable period of time they’ll be sorted and cleaned up so that a new thread can be started for everyone to vote for the idea they like the best.

The only rules for the new RPG are as follows: G Gundam is obviously not allowed as an option, and ideas have to fit under the Alternate Universe Gundam category.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Terrace

I vote for the After War Universe. I even have a story idea. I just ask that if it is selected, I don't be made GM.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Cardi Doorl

Well, what's this idea of yours, if I might ask?
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
EZero8

ORegan wrote:I have an idea....If it's a CE RPG, maybe we can give CAIB's idea on the OYW/Zeta/whatever board to chris/whoever decides the next RPG and see if they like it....that is if CAIB and EZ don't mind. Then again, like all ideas I have, no one likes them.
To continue with what was discussed in the G Gundam discussion, I have no problem with submitting the idea for a CE RPG here. I've still got all of that stuff saved away in my computer somewhere too.

On a similar note, I also have stuff saved for an After War Gundam X RPG if we go in that direction. Or even better! Let's restart Heretic's Wing RPG that never quite got off the ground before it was deleted accidentally! :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Strike Zero

Does it have to be a Gundam AU RPG? Why can't it be an RPG based in another universe that's not Gundam, like Metal Gear or Armored Core?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
EZero8

Because the General RPG section is taken by the Character Party.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Terrace

Here it is.

In the year After War 0022, the rebuilding after the 8th Space War is progressing smoothly. The New UNE is re-establishing order to Earth, and is working with the former SRA (now known as the Space Colony Republics, or SCR) to bring peace to space. However, a group known as the Hoplites seems determined to bring about the destruction of the two governments. It is suspected that Olba Frost is the leader of the Hoplites. To counter this threat, the New UNE and the SCR form a special task force known as the Centurions. With mobile suit pilots trained by the legendary Garrod Ran, their mission is to defeat the Hoplites and prevent Olba Frost's goal of remaking the world in his own image.

Centurion Mobile Suits (at first):

Daughtress Neo
Daughtress
Daughtress Command
Jenice
Septem
Daughtress High Mobility "Wise Wallaby"

Hoplite Mobile Suits (at first):

Daughtress
Daughtress Command
Jenice
Daughtress High Mobility "Fire Wallaby"
Daughtress Flyer
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
SNT1

Speaking of which, the Wing RPG would have never died if the GM (who missed nearly the entire 2 months) had characters that it extremely vital to the plot and pace. Oh, and that deletion thing, I forgot about that too.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
EZero8

Well if Heretic is willing to resubmit that, I'd support it. Though, it kinda divvies up my vote to several established ideas.
Recon 5

Well, we could start a General one instead of another Gundam RP. That would still be 3, right? 1 Gundam + 2 General. We could also have another UC RP, maybe an IGLOO RP or AoZ RP. Why does it have to be 1 UC + 1 AU + 1 General?

I think that CE is a pretty good choice. Even among grunt machines it has more than enough variations to make the most obsessive customizers happy. A Wild Dagger, Buster Dagger or Forbidden Blue sure beat your average GM variant in terms of RP satisfaction.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Wedge14

I'm cooking up a CE idea. I'm borrowing a bit from one Ez8 made back in the day.

Give me some time to research some stuff and cross check things i'll pitch the whole idea.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

EZero8 wrote:Well if Heretic is willing to resubmit that, I'd support it. Though, it kinda divvies up my vote to several established ideas.
I still wouldn't want the exact same thing, though... But I still have the Taurus linearts that I can dig from the grave :D
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
The Big Zabowski

I've been toying with an idea of a 00 story taking place during the earlier Solar Wars, so I sort of threw this together a while ago for you guys to chew on.

AD Timeline
2051: Aeolia Schoenburg born
210?: Celestial Being formed
2188: Manned Jovian Investigation Project commences
2283: Neil Dylandy/Lockon Stratos born
2288: Empty Jovian ship wanders for six years before being found with the “Nena” Haro.
2288: Allelujah Haptism born.
2289: 4th Solar War

Gundam 00 S
The 4th Solar War

With the Earth’s oil supply exhausted; the Jinkakuren and the Union of Free Solar Nations have begun a fully fledged Space Race during this 4th incarnation of the world wide “Cold War” between the two nations. With a fast paced construction schedule for their space elevators under way, each nation has hopes of being the first to capitalize on the newly "rediscovered " Solar Capturing systems pioneered by Aeolia Schoenburg over 200 years ago.

With each of the national conglomerations spying and plotting against the other, it is only a matter of time before the whole world is drug down into another world war, and life as the human race knows it is changed forever..

This will consist of Arcs of Proxy wars similar in fashion to the TFTF. With two separate threads for the HRL and Union, and a single battle thread for each encounter between the two groups. Celestial Being will NOT have an active part in this story, but murmurs of the group can be in the wind; existing in the shadows and leading either side to accuse the other of nonsensical treachery…

The teams will be mostly autonomous units for each side which encounter the other “by chance” as per the usual RP dish.

The HRL

The 506th Peoples Rapid Response Squadron
This group will comprise mostly of Tieren and Tieren LR Cannon types.

The Union

The 8th Tactical Mobile Fighter Squadron
This group will mostly comprise of Realdo and Realdo Tank types
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
mcred23

Recon 5 wrote:Well, we could start a General one instead of another Gundam RP. That would still be 3, right? 1 Gundam + 2 General. We could also have another UC RP, maybe an IGLOO RP or AoZ RP. Why does it have to be 1 UC + 1 AU + 1 General?
Primarily because we don't want to heavily favor one universe, such as UC, by having multiple RPG's set in that universe at the same time. We like to offer some choice for new members, and having several RPG's set in the same universe doesn't do that.

That said, since I'm the one who primarily runs the selection process, I'm going to go into some more of the semi-standard details on what we are, and what we aren't, allowing...

-AU's outside of the G Gundam/Future Century are fine. Alternate-AU's, again, outside of G Gundam/FC, are also fine.

-Original Universes (Meaning, a setting created by someone that has it's own characters, story, mecha, etc) are allowed, although we stress that before people submit and/or vote for an Original Universe idea that they make sure it's well enough developed for an RPG to work (As, a few polls back, I got a number of half-way developed Original ideas I refused to put in the voting poll as they were horridly done).

-Mixed Universe (Ones that basically take mecha, characters, story, etc. from established Gundam/Mecha Universes) RPG Ideas aren't being allowed at this time, as the Party RPG is already covering that area, more or less.

Now, as usual, this thread is going to be open for a while to allow people to suggest/develop ideas. We don't really have a set time limit, but figure on this thread being open for something in the area of three weeks, followed, of course, by the eventual voting thread. When that gets closer, I'll go over the process by which one officially submits an RPG to us so that it gets in the poll.

Anyway, that covers everything I wanted to get into this post (That I could remember :P ). If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them here or PM me.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
SNT1

ok...

AW, CC, Original I probably will not support, due to not being popular enough, and getting devoted (keyword DEVOTED) members stay throughout.

AD is hot, but IMO it's kinda underdeveloped at this point.

AC is still great among us, alot of members can probably relate it as their first Gundam show.

CE is great, because it's expansive, and all the bad things people thought about CE (i.e. Writer, director, Clyne Faction) can be completely absent in an RP setting.

So, I'll likely support AC and CE, and considering AD as well. I *can* support all other universes, but it's going to have to be exceptional.

edit - SRW will not likely count as Gundam, but I'd probably consider that too :P
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Psyden

Those who'd support a rehash of sorts of Heretic's Wing RPG, could you please PM me, I have some ideas that I'd like to run past ya'll and I'd also like to hear some of ya'll's, as well.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Montague

The Big Zabowski wrote:I've been toying with an idea of a 00 story taking place during the earlier Solar Wars, so I sort of threw this together a while ago for you guys to chew on.

AD Timeline
2051: Aeolia Schoenburg born
210?: Celestial Being formed
2188: Manned Jovian Investigation Project commences
2283: Neil Dylandy/Lockon Stratos born
2288: Empty Jovian ship wanders for six years before being found with the “Nena” Haro.
2288: Allelujah Haptism born.
2289: 4th Solar War

Gundam 00 S
The 4th Solar War

With the Earth’s oil supply exhausted; the Jinkakuren and the Union of Free Solar Nations have begun a fully fledged Space Race during this 4th incarnation of the world wide “Cold War” between the two nations. With a fast paced construction schedule for their space elevators under way, each nation has hopes of being the first to capitalize on the newly "rediscovered " Solar Capturing systems pioneered by Aeolia Schoenburg over 200 years ago.

With each of the national conglomerations spying and plotting against the other, it is only a matter of time before the whole world is drug down into another world war, and life as the human race knows it is changed forever..

This will consist of Arcs of Proxy wars similar in fashion to the TFTF. With two separate threads for the HRL and Union, and a single battle thread for each encounter between the two groups. Celestial Being will NOT have an active part in this story, but murmurs of the group can be in the wind; existing in the shadows and leading either side to accuse the other of nonsensical treachery…

The teams will be mostly autonomous units for each side which encounter the other “by chance” as per the usual RP dish.

The HRL

The 506th Peoples Rapid Response Squadron
This group will comprise mostly of Tieren and Tieren LR Cannon types.

The Union

The 8th Tactical Mobile Fighter Squadron
This group will mostly comprise of Realdo and Realdo Tank types
If Flags become a factor in this at some point, my votes with him.

I'd also like to see MS IGLOO.
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
mcred23

Montague wrote:I'd also like to see MS IGLOO, nit and grit stuff.
MS IGLOO is UC, and thus it ain't going to happen during this poll.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Recon 5

I just had an idea! What about we have a Super Robot RP, but with the Super Robot as an NPC and the rest of us piloting cannon fodder? That would be a nice change of pace.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
ORegan

Recon 5 wrote:I just had an idea! What about we have a Super Robot RP, but with the Super Robot as an NPC and the rest of us piloting cannon fodder? That would be a nice change of pace.
So you want an AC RPG? :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?