New RPG Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

IMPORTANT NEWS: Everybody who has sent me a PM so far (And you know who you are) needs to resend it. Why? Because none of you used the "Code" tags, which like I said before, are needed to keep any italics, bolded text, or underlines intact (And in one of the submissions I got so far, there were a lot). I'm not going to go back and attempt to replace all of those text changes, because I know I'll miss something and it's just a lot easier for everyone if you guys just use the Code tags, which work just like the Quote tags...

Code: Select all

Your [i]idea[/i] goes in [b]here[/b], as we should [u]all know[/u].  :P 
If your PM doesn't look like that when you send it, or didn't, make sure it does, or resend it so it does, m'kay?

M'Kay.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Gambit01

Could you make a list of all the people who's submissions you've recieved, red? You know how PM's can sometimes be.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Zangetsu

Is there a deadline for when we can send in ideas, because I have an idea but it'll probably take me till friday due to homework.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Cardi Doorl

Deadline's mentioned in Red's initial announcement, but here it is again ;)
mcred23 wrote:And finally, the deadline. You have until 11:00 PM (EST) on this Friday, April 18th, to submit your ideas. After that time, no further ideas will be accepted. The Voting Poll will go up shortly after that.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
mcred23

Seems nobody is fully reading that post, since I'm still getting PM's that aren't using Code tags... :x
Gambit wrote:Could you make a list of all the people who's submissions you've recieved, red? You know how PM's can sometimes be.
Actually, I do plan to do this. By tomorrow night, I'll post a list of all the people who have sent me a submission, so that way you'll still have a day or so to get it in if you didn't.

And, just to make sure this gets noticed...

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE "CODE" TAGS WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR IDEA!!!

EDIT has been EDITED: Alright, I promised a list of those who have sent me a PM, and here it is, as of 6:30 AM, on April 17th...

Strike Zero
Gambit01
Wedge14

Still waiting to hear back from Terrace about his thing and what the deal was with his PM, but otherwise, that's it. Everyone else, ya still got a lot of time to get something in...

Zangetsu

Heres my idea.

Mobile Warrior: Neo Century

It is the year 2279 AD. Mankind has choosen to eradicate war by hosting a fighting competition using giant humanoid robots called, Mobile Warrirors (MWs). These MWs are used by teams to fight and win for whatever reason drives them. Teams are made of up to four MWs and their pilots. Out of these people the team will decided a captain to represent them. This catain will be given a MW with a special designation of the team's choosing and a V-shaped antenna. The teams compete in a series of ranked battles to decide which teams are the strongest. These top ranked teams compete in a large brawl to decide the winner. This winner is declared the champion, and given the grand prize.

1) Mobile Warriors are designed by the team.
2) They don't want to make one they may use a prexsiting designs.
3) MW designs other than captains must be downgraded to grunt level.
4) Battles will be watched over by someone who is apointed the judge.
5) Captain suits may have a unique feature or two but, no super robots (stats designs are fine).

Battlemodes.
00-No Restrictions
01-Restricton on Members
02-Restriction on Arms

Example of a four man team using exsiting designs.
RX-78 Captain
RGM-79
RGM-79
RGM-79

or

Freedom Gundam
GINN
Strike Dagger
M1 Astray
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Strike Zero

It's an interesting idea Zangetsu, but two things:

One: Make sure you send it to Red via PM.

Two: Even though this is your own original universe, units that already exist from other universes aren't going to be allowed--you will either have to make them for the players, or the players are going to have to come up with their own original units, as you said.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Zangetsu

Of course but, I had to give something to be a bases. I'd happily make people mechs but, they will be confinded to my ability.
mcred23

Zangetsu wrote:Of course but, I had to give something to be a bases. I'd happily make people mechs but, they will be confinded to my ability.
Well, if you come up with some of your own units, or just want to have everyone make up their own, make that clear and resubmit the idea, because as it currently is, it won't work.

EDIT: Updated list of those who have sent me PM's with ideas that I can post.

Strike Zero
Gambit01
Wedge14
Terrace

And, for those of you still on the fence or trying to cram an idea in, you have just a hair over six hours (As of this edit, exactly six hours and four minutes) left to get an idea in.

Zangetsu

Redone Idea

Here my re submited idea.

Mobile Warrior: Neo Century

It is the year 2279 AD. Mankind has choosen to eradicate war by hosting a fighting competition using giant humanoid robots called, Mobile Warrirors (MWs). These MWs are used by teams to fight and win for whatever reason drives them. Teams are made of up to four MWs and their pilots. Out of these people the team will decided a captain to represent them. This catain will be given a MW with a special designation of the team's choosing and a V-shaped antenna. The teams compete in a series of ranked battles to decide which teams are the strongest. These top ranked teams compete in a large brawl to decide the winner. This winner is declared the champion, and given the grand prize.

1) Mobile Warriors are designed by the team.
2) MW designs other than captains must be downgraded to grunt level.
3) Battles will be watched over by someone who is apointed the judge.
4) Captain suits may have a unique feature or two but, no super robots

I will develop some designs but, teams make make their own designs that will need to be aproved.

Battlemodes.
00-No Restrictions
01-Restricton on Members
02-Restriction on Arms
03-Restriction on the number of weapons.
mcred23

And time is up. The voting poll will be up shortly, while this thread is being closed.