Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

They still treat them well enough, but keep them on a very short leash by various means.
Federal Order A-1141

Captain Zabowski. The Gundam team will now be tasked with the following information that you must relay back to Commander Ryker and his men as soon as possible. We will be bringing the war to a new level with Anti Newtype protocols to help curb the tide of Newtype experimentation within Fandom.

This includes but it not limited to the detaining of possible Newtype candidates and the possible extermination of such subjects in order to prevent them from falling into Fandom hands. It is imperative that the following dossiers on the families of these certain subjects are turned over to the Gundam team.
This was the original order that Micheal got and is their current stance. Sort of a do what we tell you, and everything will be fine, but if you don't there will be unplesent concequences for those you hold dear.
TBZ can likely explain it better as he came up with the idea.

And the use of Destory Gundams later on sounds like a good idea. Although, they will be far closer in effectiveness to Stellar's performance than the almost cannon fodder show at Heaven's Base and on the moon.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

Regarding the existence of 'Prana':

It's apparently making everyone too confuddled (especially Cardi and Wedge14), and after checking Shu Shirakawa's page on Wikipedia, it seems a better English translation for it is 'Mana' --- which is exactly what it still is, a form of magical power. But on the other hand, 'Prana' was the original term Banpresto gave the type of magical power wielded exclusively by the Masoukishin crew, and that kind of distinction (given the range of fandoms we're getting Mechas from) would be good.

So I'm putting it to the vote. Would Prana ===> Mana make it less confusing for everyone, or would keeping the original term as-is be fine?
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Cybaster wrote:So I'm putting it to the vote. Would Prana ===> Mana make it less confusing for everyone, or would keeping the original term as-is be fine?
I'm fine; It's fairly obvious in my book.

Prana==>Aura ==>Mana==>Magical energy
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

Omega, have Dante drop it. That battle's over and we need your machine to intercept Kyle on his way to Earth, but the encounter will be by luck and not an order to stop him.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

Done. BTW, what happened Saturday? Hope Kyle doesn't get easily distracted.
Kylern

who on earth are you attacking Omega? You just out of nowhere spot someone and attack? Last time I checked nobody was just flying around.

If your aimed at me then I've not even let the Gray Wolf yet. My next post I'll be taking the LC fleet and leaving, if you want to cross me then you'll have to attack the Uraga class Redemption, and three Northhampton class stealth frigates.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

:shock: Sorry, i'll fix the post so Dante goes through the atmosphere.
SNT1

^No offense dude, but do you really know what you're doing? ~.~
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

...As Cardi said, it's my first RPG... So, to answer your Question, somewhat, yes.

EDIT: On second thought... 1 Character: Somewhat yes, 2 Characters: Hard to Say... I've already asked Kylern a question concerning Dante.

It likely would've been better if i waited a while before adding Dante...
Sume Gai

It'd be good if Dante didn't have ADD...

cause you are in the middle of a fight with Cardi
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

Wingnut told me to drop it, so i did. Besides, Dante and Zaine still need to meet, and the Best chance for that to happen is if he gets to Earth before the Trap laid out for the Ceres is sprung.
Sume Gai

Omega wrote:Wingnut told me to drop it, so i did. Besides, Dante and Zaine still need to meet, and the Best chance for that to happen is if he gets to Earth before the Trap laid out for the Ceres is sprung.
Well that explains it; sorry bout that...

so I guess Wraith will have to deal with Cardi himself.

Omega

When Dante gets to Earth, I'll need the Thanatos to make itself known to him. Otherwise He'll attack Aidoneus Island and likely get shot down before He and Zaine meet.

At least he'll be going in circles for ya, Gai.
Sume Gai

hey as long as you don't attack the Thantos...

Omega

Sume Gai wrote:hey as long as you don't attack the Thantos...
I'm starting to get the hang of it.

BTW, i made something of Zaine's connection to Dante known... for those who's interested.
Wingnut

Damn it, now there's nothing to stop Kyle. Which was THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF BREAKING OFF AND GOING TOWARDS EARTH IN THE FIRST PLACE!

You people have the insanely annoying talent of taking the most simple plans and fucking them up beyond recognition and making my job a lot harder than it has to be.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

Question

-What kind of units are the SNRI branch are using?

-Is the SNRI the only branch of the Federation to join in on the attack?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

Wingnut wrote:Damn it, now there's nothing to stop Kyle. Which was THE WHOLE ZOINKS POINT OF BREAKING OFF AND GOING TOWARDS EARTH IN THE FIRST PLACE!
One MA against FOUR Heavily-Armed Warships?! I'm reckless, yeah, Not crazy.
Kylern

I already said I'm not interfering. So quit worrying about me. I might be an a-hole but I'm not going to ruin this next battle.

If I do anything it will be AFTERWORDS when I jump that carrier that launched the Spartans in the first place.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

SNT1 wrote:Question

-What kind of units are the SNRI branch are using?
For this operation the Spartins will be using Daughtress Neos and Cybaster's character is piloting something out of the Monoeye Gundams which is set at about the same time as ZZ.
-Is the SNRI the only branch of the Federation to join in on the attack?
Yes, and it is just this one group of units. The Federation is spread too thin to spare a large attack force, so a small group of high skill/trained pilots is being sent instead.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.