Another Gundam Character Party! :Redux:

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu quickly pulled out one of the beam sabers to block Epyon's beam sword. "A good move but, my suit's specialty isn't long-range. It's close!"

As he finished his sentence, Zangetsu opened up the Beam Machine Cannons and fired on the Epyon.

"Stellar is a worst pilot then you because of that system of yours. Give anyone that system and they'll become ten times better, at least. Truth is I don't know how much skill you have but, given the fact you ran after losing the system last time I fear not much."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Strike Zero

Stellar was absolutely mortified that the Gundam Epyon had managed to sever the Destroy Gundam's arm.

"No... I don't want to die..." she was whispering now with a trembling voice.

Another mobile suit appeared and began to engage the Epyon, drawing it away. However, Stellar still followed the machine fearfully with her gaze.

"Don't want to... don't want to..."

She raised her remaining arm and powered up the cannons once again.

"STELLAR WON'T DIEEEE!"

"Stellar!"

Stellar froze.

"Stop firing! We need to retreat, right NOW!"

She turned and looked disbelievingly in the direction of the voice.

"Sh...Shinn?"

At that point, the Destroy Gundam movements abruptly came to a halt, and its multitude of beam cannons cooled down.

Stellar stared at the Spartan Gundam floating a few meters away from the Destroy.

"Shinn?" she said again.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu backed off from the Epyon. "It stopped? But why?" He kept his weapons trained on Epyon.

"What'll you do at this point?" he asked as he floated between Epyon and the Destroy to protect it if needed.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Volnixshin

Shinnix flew straight towards a Fandom ship, trying to open contact, he needed to get his crew aboard a Fandom ship. Why were none of them responding to his hails?
"This is a message to all Fandom ships, I am Shinnix, I am the leader of a strike force that was sent to space to help you. Please respond. Again, I am Shinnix of the Earth-bound Fandom Operations, any Fandom ship, please respond, we have no where to go!"
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Ascension

((Sorry about leaving you hanging, Nightwing))

Between the Big O's size and TM's distractedness, nothing was there to stop the Guardian from gouging a chunk out of his target's head crest.

At the same time, though, there was nothing stopping Mari from firing a barrage of pink energy bolts at the offending Gundam.

Within the Big O, TM remained stunned, horrified. If this was all a dream, why were things not going his way? But if it wasn't a dream...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Wingnut

Volnixshin wrote:Shinnix flew straight towards a Fandom ship, trying to open contact, he needed to get his crew aboard a Fandom ship. Why were none of them responding to his hails?
"This is a message to all Fandom ships, I am Shinnix, I am the leader of a strike force that was sent to space to help you. Please respond. Again, I am Shinnix of the Earth-bound Fandom Operations, any Fandom ship, please respond, we have no where to go!"
"NOW!" Shouted a voice from seemingly out of nowhere.
Suddenly a group of black and grey machines with green trim swarmed the Death Angel. Some fired their burst railguns, while others made swipes at the machine with their assault blades and still others rammed into the unit with their break fields.

Shinnix never got a chance to find out who or what was attacking him as one of the attacking units charged the Death Angel at full throttle with its blade in a thrusting position that pierced the cockpit and decapitated the pilot inside.

"Well done, men." Called out the squadron leader to the rest. "Plant the charges and let's get to the main fight."

Four of the Guarlions then placed high explosive charges in critical points on the unit, the fuel tanks, reactor, main support frame, and one over the cockpit. All the Last Battalion then flew off to join the main DC force as the charges went off and obliterated the remains of the Death Angel.

- Jean Sterling, Xeku Zwei -

Jean watched on with some degree of horror at the sight of the black machines ganging up on the mobile suit he was about to go and help out and destroying it was brutal efficiency.

Who the hell were those guys? I'd better watch out for them in the future.

"Jean, it's Raven. Come in."

Without thinking first he responded. "Yes, what is it?"

"The third party is weak at the moment. Now is your chance to prove yourself to our older sister by destroying them."

"Right. I'll finish those punks off right now!"
Jean took off at full speed for the Necronomicon eager to make a name for himself.

Sorry Jean, but I just can't let you live any longer. My plans to rule the Fandom don't include you I'm afraid. At least you'll go out in a blaze of glory.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

"Hey, Citric, there's an enemy Jegan moving towards us at high speed."

"A single Jegan? Don't worry about it," Citric replied. "He couldn't possibly do anyth--"

Several shots from the Jegan's beam rifle struck one of the Vayeate Shuivan's generators, causing it to explode violently.

"What?! Dammit! Joi, get him!"

Joi complied, deploying her Sandleon's massive claws and opening fire.

Strike had to work to avoide the beam fire--he could actually hear the Jegan's frame straining under the tight maneuvers he was putting it through--but he did it. He continued forward and fired once more, aiming for the Sandleon. The shots, however, simply glanced off the machine's heavy armor.

"Guess I'll have to take it in close," Strike said, tossing away his rifle.

"You think you can beat me in close combat?" Joi shouted as he took a swing at the approaching Jegan, but Strike reacted too quickly and her claw me only empty air. In one sweeping motion, Strike drew his beam saber and lashed out at the Sandleon's claw. The weapon sparked for a few seconds, then exploded, taking the Sandleon's right arm with it.

"Why you--!" Joi fired her missiles at the Jegan, but Strike shot them down with his vulcan guns.

"You've got to be kidding me." Strike rushed forward again. "Is this the best you can do..." he lunged at the Sandleon, "with a Gundam?!"

Joi grunted as she pulled back, but not far enough. The Jegan's beam saber cut across the Sandleon's torso, leaving a nasty gash in its armor.

"Dammit! Citric, c'mon!"

Answering the call, Citric fired the Vayeate's massive beam cannon.

Strike cursed. He managed to dodge it by dashing to the right, but the maneuver cost him his shield.

"Two on one... that's a little unfair isn't it?" Strike chided as he dodged yet another blast.

"That's the Fandom! Now just die!"
Lowind

Lowind was more than a little confused and amused at this set of events.

"Amazingly, this is proving to be more of a messy situation than the original Destiny battle itself..." He said while giggling.

"What'll you do at this point?"

"Hmm good question... Oh yes I know! I will do this-" He swung his heat rod in a massive swing at the Bullet Fiend, a stroke he knew it would dodge for sure, leaving an opening, "and this-" he charged through the opening he had created, "and THIS!!" Lowind cleaved a ferociously strong vertical cut through the Destroy Gundam's head, a stroke so deep that his sword went right through the bottom of the head and cut into the center torso cannon.

"Now now my friends..." as Lowind stopped to savour the brillantly melodious scream of horror from the Destroy," As a result of me being so kind and generous, that blow to the cannon wasn't deep enough to damage the reactor below. But of course, I won't be so sure about her safety when she fires that thing again. "

The Epyon turned around. "Perhaps you guys can do the hero thing and convince her to stop, but unfortunately I have other matters to attend to. Goodbye my friends, and by the way I actually am anxiously awaiting the big explosion, so PLEASE DO NOT succeed in calming her down." The sounds of Lowind's patented psychopath laughter blasted through the public channel as he fled the area to rescue his team.

"Oh yes, Joi, Citric, I am retreating from this area, and that means you guys might want to do that too. But then again, you are not under my command, and I don't care what happens to you guys." Lowind said as he flew past the 2-on-1 duel.
Strike Zero

Strike's eyes widened when he heard Stellar's tortured scream come over the radio. He turned around to see the Destroy Gundam shooting sparks out of its chest, it's body ravaged.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what Stellar was going to do next. Strike broke off his attack on the two Fandom suits and made for the Destroy at full speed.

C'mon! Make it in time! He could already see the Destroy Gundam's cannons begin to glow anew, charging themselves to fire again.

"Stellar! Don't move!"

He hoped she had the proper mindset with which to comply. Strike flew up to the Destroy Gundam's chest, and slashed at the Destroy Gundam's damaged torso, cutting the cockpit open.

The cannons were bright now, white hot.

Hurridly, he tossed the saber away, reached into the cockpit with the Jegan's hand as carefully as he could, and pulled Stellar out. He had just pulled her close to the Jegan's body when the cannons fired.

The beam scorched across the Jegan's back as Strike turned and fled, badly shaking it. This was followed by another, larger detonation as the Destroy's beam cannon's exploded. Strike fought to maintain control of the Jegan while at the same time scrambling to get away from soon-to-go-nuclear Destroy Gundam.

"This is definitely not going to be good...!"
hellbore

hellbore had again let himself be distracted by mere grunts and was brought back to himself by the spectacular explosion of the Destroy Gundam.

He finished off the Leo's and GINNs using his two remain DRAGOONs, and sped over to Strike's stricken Jegan. The back of the suit was all melted and was still red hot in places
"Strike, come in, Strike, are you OK!" hellbore called over the comm. Continuing to look over the suit he noticed that it was still cradling something in its hands. Zooming in, he saw the unmistakable suit of Stellar Loussier. She was out cold, and he transferred her over to the Freedom's hands, grabbed the Jegan and dragged it as fast as he could towards the Louisville, still trying to raise Strike.
Wingnut

- Bian Zoldark, Valsion -

The two shots struck true obliterating the two Dovel Wolf units and as the third one got near, a mighty swing with the divine arm finished it off as well.
These Fandom "aces" are nothing but a joke against a strong opponent.
Seeing his own forces making short work of the Fandom MS and even the Barrelion units taking down a couple warships he heard the order to retreat being given by the flagship of Raven's fleet.
She'll be mad about that later.

It was then that Bian noticed the Federation re-enforcements arriving on the scene as well.
Bian then opened a comm channel to the DC forces. "Attention all DC forces. Our job is done for now. Return to your ships and prepare to withdraw from the area."
Bian too throttled up and headed for his own flagship as well.

- Jean Sterling, Xeku Zwei -

Jean could not believe what he heard. Retreat? No. I can't do that yet. "I have to show what I'm made of!"
He then continued to rocket towards the damaged Big O with the intent to kill it's pilot.

((OOC: Jean has lost it here. He is therefore open to being killed himself so don't worry about doing him in with an attack.))

- Captain Theo Rawn, Ra Cailum class ship Grey Wolf -

Captain Rawn watched with interest at the destruction of the large mobile suit that vanished in a ball of light.
With a look in his eyes that spoke volumes and yet said nothing at all he saw the opportunity to make the best of a situation that did not on the surface seem to work out at all.
"Lieutenant, make sure that the pilot of that monster machine is recovered along with the other pilots and machines of the Liberator. Their abilities and certain talents will be the key to defeating the Fandom once and for all."

"Yes, sir. I'll see to it immediately."

Ryker had the right idea about these people. They will be the key to deciding the future of this world.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Lowind

"Mission accomplished. The Destroy has been destroyed. Thanks to me of course." Lowind said to the entire Fandom channel while admiring the brillant explosion of the behemoth.

"Now, now... to rescue them. Tom, Dick, Harry, what's your status?"

Silence.

"Hey, respond!" Lowind yelled, just as a head of a Doven Wolf drifted past the Epyon's head. "No way." he said in shock.

He stood still for a stunned moment, unable to believe he had lost the only friends he had since coming into this dimension. "No way. No way. No way. No way. NO WAY. NO WAYYY!!!" Lowind screamed, as the joy gained from taking down the Destroy seemed to painfully bleed out of him.

Just then, he saw a signal light coming 12 o'clock. Coming closer, he found himself realising that sometimes angsting actually worked. Then he cursed himself of thinking of a joke at a time like this as he carefully took hold of two badly wounded pilots. He couldn't even tell who they were.

"Horizon, get ready your medical staff. And be quick about it!" Lowind yelled.
Strike Zero

"Jesus, stop shouting, I'm fine," Strike said, rubbing the side of his head.

He glanced over at Stellar, who lay cradled in the Strike Freedom's hands. To his relief, she appeared to be fine. He then glanced back at the once glorious form of the Destroy Gundam, now nothing more than an twisted, glowing pile of scrap metal.

"Well, that certainly didn't go as planned." Strike muttered. He had been expecting a good deal more from Stellar and the Destroy Gundam. But then again, it couldn't be helped in the face of a Gundam Epyon.

"If the Fandom's starting to field suits like that, we're going to have to up the ante over on our end as well..."
Zangetsu

Zangetsu looked over and saw the remains of the Destroy. "Well at least there safe."

Several enemy suits closed in and prepared to fire on him. Zangetsu fired apon all of them destoying two and maiming the rest. "Hey Captian Zabo, hows about we withdraw for now and regroup?"
Lowind

"They will live." The Horizon's doctor said pointing at the two sleeping bodies IDed as Dick Leavens and Harry Dervis. "They were lucky to survive. Off course based on what I heard, Sir Lowind you yourself declared Tom Suuve M.I.A?"

"We have no time to search for him. Besides I think I saw that Valsion stab its claw right through his Doven's cockpit. I will send someone to gather his possessions and inform his family of his untimely demise." Lowind said with a straight face.

"Dick had to have his ruined left arm amputated whereas Harry had lost his lower left calve and entire right leg." The doctor continued. "They have both expressed interest in resuming service, and will be undergoing cybernetic surgery to replace their lost limbs once they are ready. But suffice to say there will at least be a month or two before they are really for action again.

"Is that so...? Well then i guess there is nothing more for me to see to here." Lowind turned around and headed for the bridge. "Crew, have you received any new reports from the flagship?" While placing himself on the captain's chair trying to keep a straight face. He had not noticed that there was no official captain of the Horizon- they had been looking for a replacement, one which he now filled.
Last edited by Lowind on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaster

(Well, here I go! If there're any problems or if I got the wrong feel for the RPG, give me a shout and I'll make any needed overhauls and changes. :roll: )

Religion. Is. Boring.

A point learned the hard way by 12-year-old Emily Stormgunner as her instincts immediately decided on something that was far more productive than learning about how Jonah survived being swallowed by a whale. Namely, taking a nap. And why not? The sun was shining, the air was cool, she had a window seat, and the teacher was barely paying attention to her, anyway. Wearing a one-piece white-and-green overcoat/dress combination over a small, average body and with short, sparkling red hair with a yellow mouse hairclip, peachy skin, round green eyes and a cute face, Emily was well-dressed for a nap, too. Heck, she had her blanket right there!

Oh, yes. Nappy time.

It was a nice day to sleep, not to learn math.

Little did she know that her worst nightmare was about to begin as she began fading into Dreamland...

Federation Armored Transport Ship Oriental Adventures, 30 minutes away from current battle site

"...Oi, Cap'n! They'll let any old hack write a sourcebook nowadays," Was the very next thing Emily heard as her eyes fluttered open --- and found herself stared at by two completely ugly but completely surprised strangers standing around a hatch as she sat in some kind of small electronics cockpit. One of them was a mechanic, dressed in a grease-monkey's work suit, while the other looked like some sort of military officer with a grey beard, narrow eyes and his officers' cap put on backwards. "Since when did the minimum age limit for new characters go down to 11 for Humans, anyway!?"

They blinked. Emily blinked back at them. "W-wha?" She poked herself. It tickled. "Is this my dream?"

"You tell me, kiddo," Captain Steve Livingstone of the Oriental Adventures frowned back promptly, running his hand over his face. Nope, no dream either. Of the Oriental Adventures' sister ships, the Complete Arcane, Complete Warrior, Complete Divine, Complete Scoundrel and Tome of Battle, why did this have to happen to him? Probably because they're the ones carrying the prototype RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, no doubt, Steve surmised. "We open the cockpit of the RX-0 and the next thing we know we find you sitting here. What're the odds? That's either some really badly butchered plot hook or a DM rolling a Natural 1 on a percentile. And given how old you look? I'm willing to go with the Natural 1 theory. What's your name, kiddo?"

Emily blinked. A lot. "E-emily. Emily Stormgunner."

Steve paused, appraising her, his eyes doubting...finally, they softened. "Meh, I've seen younger. Well, since we find you in here, you might as well get started on learning the game rules. You'll find the RX-0's SRD underneath your seat; The campaign's already started, actually, so you might want to start reading. If you don't know something or want some other sourcebooks on the Unicorn, ask Monterey Cook here."

Emily's pained expression as she heard Steve rattle on about dice rolling indeed confirmed that this was probably her worst nightmare indeed...
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Nightwing03

"C'monnnnnnnnn, why won't this thing die already!" Mike said.

"Alright, if the cockpit isn't in the head then i'll have to go for the chest or torso!"

Mike's eyes widened as he saw pink beam fire coming for the Zaku I. He didn't have anytime to react, the Guardian was hit in the back and right shoulder. Mike cursed to himself.

Mike swirved down towards the Big O's chest and used his remaining beam saber and stabbed it into it's back. Then the Guardian flipped it's leg backwards which made it look like a "U" shape. Mike activated the thrusters to full power then dragged the beam saber from the back to the torso.
♣♦♠♥
Terrace

Terrace was noodling around various sections of Mechatalk in his pajamas when a bright flash of light blinded him. The first thing he saw when he regained his sight was a lab that looked like it would be right at home in Star Wars. Seeing people dressed in what looked like radiation suits, he said the first thing that popped into his head.

"Um, what's going on?"

"If you'll follow me, I'll explain -- once you're been decontaminated." Terrace looked at the suited person who spoke.

"Decontaminated? Do I have some disease?"

"Just follow me."

Terrace did so, getting up unsteadily. Rad-suit Man pointed him to a door.

"Here is the Decontamination Room. Just go in here, and the techs will take care of the rest."

"Ookaayy." As Terrace walked in, he saw a pair of people working a console. Then a device that Terrace thought looked like a giant laser cannon popped out from the ceiling. Looking at it, Terrace said one thing.

"...Eeep."

VOOOOOOOM.

And with that, he was thrown against the wall.

"Ooowww..."

"Alright, please get into this normal suit. We will explain the situation on the way to your Gundam." As the officer who handed Terrace a normal suit launched into the explaination of the situation, one thing stuck out in Terrace's mind.

I get a Gundam? Awesome...
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Cybaster

Steve eventually returned to the Hanger Deck, and the cockpit hatch of the Unicorn Gundam, twenty minutes later not to find Emily reading the 1200-page SRD sitting next to her chair, but prodding at various controls and the flight stick. And making airplane and machinegun sounds as she imagines shooting down TIE Fighters with the Unicorn Gundam's vulcans. Steve immediately blinked in surprise and about 4.5% panic.

"Kiddo?" Steve asked. "What are you doing?"

"I'm blasting TIE Fighters!" Was the answer. "BOOM!" Emily yelled happily as she jerked her flight stick towards Steve briefly, causing Steve to jump. "Uhhh...you're dead, y'know? So, uh, can you lie down?"

"No I'm not dead. Dead is going down to -10 Hit Points. I'm still at full."

"Yes you are, I just blasted you! You're down to this -10 Hit Points, uh, yeah!"

"This isn't Star Wars." Steve answered matter-of-factly. "And believe me, my AC is so high you need to roll two d20s on your attack roll to hit me anyway, kiddo."

Emily just opted to o_o at him. "...What about missiles?"

"Sorry, kiddo. High reflex saves, too."

"Drat."

"Anyway, weren't you supposed to be reading the SRD? Why're you playing around with the Unicorn's controls? Y'know, that book next to you with 1200 pages that you need to learn to know how to even fly this---"

Emily beamed. "I'm done!"

And in response Steve gave her blank stares.

"Done?"

"Done."

"You aren't lying."

"Uh-uh."

"For real?"

"Mmm-hmm!"

"B-but...it's supposed to be incomprehensible to normal people! Only true D&Ders and gamers can even understand what the SRD pertains to---"

"I said I'm done! Honest!" Emily sulked, crossing her arms.

"...You're done."

"You asked me that."

"And you remember everything? Even the pictures?"

"Mostly. Some parts in the book I don't get altogether, but yeah."

Steve stared incredulously at her.

"Prove it. What's the Challenge Rating of a MS-14A Gelgoog vs. the Unicorn?"

Emily leapt from her seat and pointed enthusiastically at Steve in response. "That depends if it's in Char Aznable colors or not! The standard MS-14A has a large Beam Rifle, a Shield, twin Beam Sabers, and only roughly half the performance of the Unicorn, so if the Unicorn is CR15, the Gelgoog would be CR5. But anything in Char Aznable colors instantly gain +10 to its Challenge Rating, which makes the YMS-14 a CR15 beast, equal to the Unicorn in performance given equal pilots."

Steve blinked. A lot. "...You...memorized most of the Unicorn SRD in fifteen minutes and learned how to pilot a Mobile Suit!? I take back the Natural 1 thing; You being in the Unicorn's definitely some DM's bad plot hook."

"Some parts I don't get, though. What am I supposed to do with this Grapple check, anyhoo? So I have to roll an attack roll followed by an opposed Str check? And what's the size modifiers? Why isn't Grapple a Touch Attack? It's not like armor plating's gonna protect from someone wanting to hug a troll..."

"Kiddo, kiddo, kiddo..." Steve rubbed the bridge of his nose with his fingers in annoyance. "You're a Dex fighter. Dex fighters don't Grapple. They avoid Grapple like the plague. And Sunder. Just don't try using it. It's better for both of us this way."

"'Kay!" Emily smiled, then the next question came in and she winced. "...And what's this NT-D System? The SRD says some stuff on it in the Epic Level pages but I don't see any of it here..."

"Oh, that. It was installed, and was gonna be activated in the Unicorn in an earlier patch, but the patch got delayed so the activation time got delayed by...say...about 25d10000 months." Steve frowned. "I don't think this war will last that long, either."

"Which means?" Emily blinked.

"Which means...we get the NT-D System when the DM says we get it."

"Which means?"

"I dunno, Emily!!! We get it when the higher powers give it to us! We might even never get it activated!" Steve growled, banging the edge of the hatch with his fist and causing Emily to jump and o_o. "What, do you have Int and Wis as your dump stats or something!? ...You don't have Int and Wis as your dump stats, do you?"

"Nope!" Emily grinned. "Str and Con." ^_^

"...Str and Con. Riiiiight. Fair enough, Dex Fighter." Steve shrugged. "*coughMulticlassMonkcough* Anyway, we've got a change of plans, and we're gonna head to the Moon and transfer you and the RX-0 to the Grey Phantom. The journey's gonna take another, say, 3d20 minutes. I'd say another half-hour, average. So you might wanna start practicing again if you've really memorized the SRD."

"Can I shoot TIE Fighters instead?"

"........................Fine, fine, you can shoot TIE Fighters instead as long as you're still practicing how to fly the RX-0. You're the Newtype with the Spring Attack feat and 18 Charisma here, I ain't gonna argue with you."

Then Steve walked away, leaving Emily to make machinegun sounds again.
Last edited by Cybaster on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
hellbore

"Ens. Hellbore, please land on the Grey Phantom, we have medical teams waiting to receive you and passengers," the C&C operator said over the com link.

Hellbore reached the launch catapult of the Ra Cailum class ship he'd been directed to, and placed the ruined Jegan on the deck and placed Stellar nearby.

The promised medical teams rushed up and collected Stellar to be checked over and revived by whatever the process was that made her better. Some Went to the Jegan's cockpit and checked on Strike.

He maneuvered the Freedom into the mobile suit hanger, and clambered out, thanking the crew member that helped him , and went to report to the Captain, being the first Gundam Team member on board.

Making his way to the bridge, he made note of the pilot's quarters, noting they were quite close to the hanger, Handy,that he thought.

Reaching the bridge door Hellbore activated the comm panel and announced himself.
"This is Ensign Hellbore, formerly of the Liberator, reporting for debriefing, who is in command?"