Round 3, Fight 9: Neo Canada vs. Neo Norway

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

Round 3, Fight 9: Neo Canada vs. Neo Norway

THIRD GUNDAM FIGHT
ROUND 3, FIGHT 9
NEO CANADA vs. NEO NORWAY

- Hoh Rain Forest, Washington -

December 12th

A flock of gray jays broke the skyline as a helicopter chattered through the air. It was the red helicopter of the announcer and behind were the floating observation decks that seated the many spectators.

There was a slight drizzle. But nothing serious enough to effect a gundam.

"The Jungle is home to many fierce beasts. Lions, Tigers and Bears. But they've all run away. For this jungle is habited by Canadians and Norwegians."

The crowd laughed slightly. It was rare for one of the announcers jokes to actually fall through.

"Allright! Let's get this started Coming from all the way from Neo Norway we have Odel Trygvason and his Odin Gundam!! And from Neo Canada Quinn Patrick and the Hockey Gundam!! Let's see a nice clean fight!!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Wingnut

Odel patiently waited in the Odin Gundam for the match to begin.
The terrain was dense with trees and would prove to be an asset as his opponent for this match relied on open spaces to take full advantage of its maneuvering capabilities. It was what prompted Odel to carry the 120mm machine gun for this match, though he didn't figure on using it for long as his shots were likely to hit trees as much as they were his opponent.
Standing ready he signaled the referee that he was ready to go.

(OOC: BTW, what's Neo Norway's record so far?)
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

(1-1-0)

Quinn sighed briefly, before waving to the crowd.

"I thought this was a gundam 'fight'! Not a shoot out...." He said thinking about all the opponents he has fought this far armaments.

Neo Norway would be no different. He was out gunned once again. But the same was true for Neo France. Hopefully this guy would make one fatal mistake. Quinn wouldn't waste his time and take advantage of every opportunity that is given to him.

He glanced at the trees around him...No skates. But he could use them to his advantage.....

The Hockey gundam flashed with life. Tapping it's feet with it's sticks. Quinn palmed his lucky looney.

"Let's do this Viking man!"

Wingnut

- Referee -

Seeing that both the competitors were ready for the woodland battle, he shouted "GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY... GO!"

- Odel Trygvason - Neo Norway -

Upon hearing the referee start the fight, Odel brought up the 120mm machine gun to his shoulder and started letting loose with all it had in the general direction of the Hockey Gundam. Odel wasn't really aiming for any particular spot on the machine, but rather simply trying to deal some early damage that he could take advantage of later in the fight.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Quinn eyes lit up with sorrow as he saw trees infront of him suddenly start exploding as they were hit by shells.

The Canadian instantly knew what that meant and dove to the left, bot not quick enough. The sharp stinging of countless bullets crashing and ricocheting off his hockey pad like leg armour was hard to ignore.

Still in his dive he pulled back a fist and screamed

"BOOOST KNUCKLE!!!!" His right fist suddenly rocketed towards Odel and his well armed Gundam.

Wingnut

Odel noted that his strategy had worked as the Hockey Gundam was hit while diving to the side. However he noticed the fist flying towards him too late to dodge it, but in time to raise the shield and swat it away as it impacted with enough force to almost knock the Odin off its feet.

Regaining his balance Odel found his opponent again heading off to his right.

'Time to get in close'

Discarding the now empty machine gun Odel takes out one of the Fenir beam axes, but not activating it, and charges the Hockey Gundam with shield still raised as he snapped off a shot from the double barreled beam cannon at his opponent.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Quinn hit the ground and rolled, farther to the right. His evasive diving and rolling helped him out a bit. Odel's Odin Gundam had equpped it's axe but was also trying to fire at him with his arm mounted beam guns.

It wasn't too hard for Quinn to predict the oncoming attack. With a quick shuffle to the left he had sidestepped the attack before it was fired.

Quick to take advantage of the situation. Quinn took two big steps forward heat hockey stick still in hand and used his melee weapons long reach to make a vicious slash aimed towards the Neo Norwegian's legs.

Wingnut

Odel noted that the Canadian dodged the beam shot with greater ease than expected. 'No matter. That wasn't really meant to hit him anyway.'

Then the Hockey Gundam did almost exactly what Odel wanted it to do. It made a heavy strike at the Odin's legs. With a small smirk he activated the beam axe and blocked the strike, holding the stick in what would be called a saber lock if both were fighting with beam sabers.

Odel knew that a beam blade would soon overwhelm a solid weapon like the hockey stick so he had to act at the right time before that happened, which was now.

Using the Odin's superior power to hold the weapon lock with one hand, Odel activated the heat whip stored in the shield and flung it towards the head of the Hockey Gundam with the intent of wrapping it around the neck of the Gundam.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

!!

Quinn mumbled to himself annoyed as his attack was parried. Regardless up close is where he wanted to be. Odel had done him a favour be closing in to melee range.

The hockey player angled his stick and the axe away from him and dropped it pulling back his fist.

Just as a heat whip lashed around his neck he attacked back close range.

"The Gloves are off! BOOST KNUCK -- LE!!" He shouted sending off his last glove as the whip meet it's mark around his neck.

Wingnut

Things were going just as Odel hoped. He had successfully got his opponent in close where he could use the Oden's combat abilities effectively. He had also managed to get Quinn to abandon his primary stick as well, however the one thing that was unexpected was the other flying fist that slammed right into the torso of the Oden. This close it was impossible to avoid, but lucky for Odel, it was the only thing going wrong at the moment and was also easily fixed.

He shouted "Thrusters!" which activated the back mounted engines on the Oden, thus negating some of the impact force the rocket punch had delivered.

When he regained his bearings he saw that the whip had indeed hit its mark and was entangled around the Hockey Gundam's neck. Odel yanked as hard as he could with his left arm to bring the Hockey Gundam as close as possible to reduce the reaction time of his opponent while swinging the still activated beam axe in a diagonal sweep at the head of his opponent.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Quinn would of probably made some quip about being lead around by the neck.

Quinn yelped as Odin tugged him closer. "Not so fast!" He managed to croak igniting his beam skates and bending his ankles in a painfull looking way stabbing the back of the skate deep into the earth.

Quinn had grounded himself, creating some leverage against his more powerful opponent and keeping him away from the painfull looking axe.

But that heat whip wasn't so comfortable burning into his neck. Especially now that it was so taut.

Wingnut

Odel was somewhat peeved that his opponent caused him to swing and miss in a rather embarrassing fashion by literally digging his heels in.
Odel was following the swing of the axe with his eyes and noticed something that could seal victory for him here: the twin beam cannon was poised right over the upper right leg of the Hockey Gundam.

'Let's see how well you move with only one leg.'
Shouting "Beam cannon, FIRE!" caused a deadly beam to lance out from the cannon towards the right leg at almost point blank range.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Quinn only smirked for a second listening to his opponents boast.

"PURGE!!!" He shouted at the same time as Odel activated his cannon.

The hockey gundam suddenly jettisoned it's outer shell including armour on it's legs. The jettisoned armour collided with the beams and saved the Hockey Gundam's legs from destruction.

Taking advantage of his new speed. Quinn rocketted forwards with an impressive jump kick with the beam skates still shimmering pinkly.

Meanwhile he was still tethered by the heat whip.

Wingnut

(OOC: Actually Quinn wouldn't hear the taunt as I had only single quotation marks while only the command to fire the cannon was spoken aloud, but it's not that important other than I need to make the distinction of thought and speech more clear. Thus any further thought lines will be in italics.)

The skate cut a nasty gash in the Oden's armor causing Odel to cry out as he felt the same in the cockpit.
Damn you. "All guns fire!"
This caused both the machine cannons and vulcans to fire a 3 second burst giving Odel the time to charge up his ultimate attack.

All right Canadian, no more tricks and games. I'm ending this now!

As he swung his right arm in an arc directly at the Hockey Gundam's head and upper torso Odel shouted "THUNDER OF THOR!!!"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

(Some minor bunnying. And i assumed the Thunder of Thor can hold it's shape for a few moments like a beam saber if needed. If theres a problem just give me a ring ding and i'll redo this.)

Quinn had landed flat on his back, after his stupendous drop kick. Glancing up for a second he saw a bright light.

Quinn's first instinct was to swear, his second was put his beam blades up.
Odel's massive beam had connected with the skates. The power from Odel's final attack was just too much. But the Beam skates were enough to stop it, but Quinn didn't have the strength.

The Canadian pushed his hardest to stop the beam from coming into contact with the actual gundam. HE was losing ground slowly as Odel used his strength and leverage to push down on him.

"Cease!! I forfeit the match to Neo Norway!" He grunted as the Hockey Gundam's legs started to buckle under the stress.

Wingnut

(OOC: I don't really see anything wrong with this that jumps out at me so I don't really see any need to change things.)

- Odel Trygvason - Neo Norway -

When Odel began his swing at the Hockey Gundam he had noticed that it had fallen on its back after the kick. No matter, I'll just crush him.
However the Canadian raised its legs and blocked the attack with the beam skates.
He doesn't have the power to stop me like that. And sure enough the legs of the Hockey Gundam were beginning to buckle under the strain of the attack despite the pilot's best efforts to hold them in place.

Odel was about to put a bit more effort into the attack when he heard something come over the comm system. "Cease!! I forfeit the match to Neo Norway!"
This stopped Odel in his tracks, so to speak, and he stopped applying pressure to the legs of the Hockey Gundam and cut the power to the ultimate attack, thus causing the giant beam hammer to dissipate.

"Very well. I accept your surrender."

- Referee -

The anticipation of the crushing of the legs of the Hockey Gundam never came to fruition. The Neo Canadian had forfeited the match, and the Norwegian had accepted.
I guess that's the way things go sometimes. "This match is now over. The winner is Odel Trygvason and the Odin Gundam!
Crews may now recover their fighters and Gundams."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cardi Doorl

Match Result: Neo Norway wins
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!