Unofficial Match: Hawker Gundam vs. Claymore Gundam

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Unofficial Match: Hawker Gundam vs. Claymore Gundam

((Continue here, fellas))
Ascension wrote:-Neo Scotland, New York City

Alexander frowned in aggravation. New York City was quite a large one. Even something as large as a Gundam was easy to hide in such a metropolis. The Neo-Scottish transport plane he had commandeered buzzed as low over the city as it legally could (some ancient incident had caused the city's airspace to be restricted somewhat), but he still didn't spot the Hawker Gundam.

"She didn't lie to me, did she?"

"It'd sairve ye right fer this foolishness!" Moira said, clucking her tongue.

"Ah'm musin' introspectively, woman! Stay out of this!"
SNT1 wrote:--Neo England--

Two heat-seeking arrows start to track the transport plane as Neo-Scotland looks for the Hawker Gundam, which is well hidden in the tallest skyscraper clusters. Adrianne had fired upwards, revealing her position thanks to the smoke trails of the missile-like projectiles.

"I just woke up...." *yawn*, Adrianne says. "I have a match a few hours from now, too. "

The Gundam, which was in a lying position, slowly stands up, and jumps at the tallest building, firing three more heat-seeking arrows. She had placed an extra quiver on top of the building, bringing her total to 54 arrows. (49, now). (OOC: 3 beam tipped, 12 piercing, 15 explosives, the rest heatseekers)

She would have some fun watching the plane try to avoid 5 arrows on hot pursuit.
Ascension wrote:-Neo Scotland

"We've got missiles tracking the plane! No, make that arrows!" the pilot radioed back to the cramped cargo compartment in a panic.

"Wha?!?" Alexander let out a long string of curses. "I should've expected th' English t' stob us in th' back like they ulways have. Abandon ship! Th' Goondahm can make it t' th' groond from here..."

Alexander took a running leap into the Gundam's cockpit and started it up as quickly as he could.

"Open th' doors, Moira, unless ye all want t' dee at th' hands of this treacherous woman!"

"Saint's presairve us..." Jenny muttered.

The Claymore Gundam tumbled out of the back of the transport plane, followed shortly by about a half-dozen figures wearing parachutes. Moments after the crew bailed, the plane exploded in a theatrically large fireball.

Although it was heavy by Gundam Fight standards, the Claymore still had enough thrusters to slow its fall. When it hit the ground, it did not hit with enough force to damage its legs.'

"If that nippie sweetie would've quit yammerin' fer half a minute, we might not be in this pairdickament..." Alexander complained.

"And if ye could lissen t' reason, we wouldn't be here either!" Moira protested.

"There ya go again, ye bletherin' skite... Just keep quiet. Now Ah've got e'en mair of score t' settle."

Alexander switched his comm to broadcast on an open channel.

"Shew yer face, woman! Ah came here t' settle this fairly, not t' watch on as ye shoot me in th' back! I know well o' th' English capacity fer backstobbin'. Ah came here in th' hopes that ye would prove th' English capable of honorable combat!"

"I AM RIGHT HERE!" Adrianne shouts on the top of the old skyscraper'sspire, with a smug smile on her face.

"why won't you... make your way up here," Adrianne dares. "Besides, it's not my fault you didn't not find me lying smack dab in the middle of Times Square! Why can't you be nice; I picked the battlefield so you won't have to leave when this is over with it!"

Consecutively, she fires four more seeking arrows, aiming to test the Claymore's maneuverabilty and for Adrianne's entertainment.
Ascension wrote:-Neo Scotland

"Alexander, watch out!" Moira warned on the private Neo-Scotland channel, "Those arrows are heat-seekin'!"

"Heat seekers, you say?"

Alexander would have to time this perfectly. There was no way he would be able to dodge the heat-seeking arrows without ejecting his armor, but he wasn't willing to sacrifice his protection yet. Nor did he want to take the fire. Luckily he had just the thing to make the missiles miss.

He waited until they were just a hundred yards or so above his Gundam's head, then fired the beam musket directly at the base of the Empire State Building. The beam musket may not be able to hit a small moving target, but it can sure hit a building. The broad, hot beam tore into the base of the skyscraper, starting secondary fires and generally wreaking havoc with the old building's now-creaky support structure. The four heat seeking arrows streaked into the wounded building right behind the wide beam, creating still more chaos inside the skyscraper.

With a shuddering groan, the huge building began to lean, a lean from which it would probably never recover.

"Well, Mistress Hoont, Ah have a counter-proposal t' make... why dahn't ye jain me doon here?"

Alexander grinned like the Cheshire Cat.

((I've got to try to level the playing field somehow... why not do it by literally leveling the playing field?))

"****," Adrianne grunts. She notes that heat-seekers aren't exactly hot in a city environment.

Following the Empire State's shaky situation, she grabs the extra quiver, and makes leaps on several roofs. Settling on a bigger-roofed building.

"Well, Mistress Hoont, Ah have a counter-proposal t' make... why dahn't ye jain me doon here?" Alexander says. Adrianne spats, "NO! But.... ."

She hurls the quiver into the Claymore, and just before it hits the target's position, Adrianne hits it with an explosive arrow.... setting up the street where Alexander is for a colossal explosion.

"Good thing the Empire State is still standing... Why do you have to ruin everything?" Adrianne teased.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ascension

The Claymore Gundam, its armor completly blackened, lumbered out of the blast mostly intact. Its heavy armor shielded it from the fireball, its powerful legs kept stable through the shockwave. Only the shrapnel had been able to cause real damage, leaving a general stinging feeling all over Alexander's body with a few sharp pinpricks of pain here and there. Nothing too threatening.

"Now ye're jus' makin' me mad, woman..."

Alexander fired the beam musket again, the broad beam tearing through the Met Life building the long way. Maybe he could manage to at least shake it a little. He charged in the same direction, but even at a full run the fully-armored Claymore was pretty sluggish. He realized he might have to eject the armor soon in order to deal with his jumping bean of an opponent.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
SNT1

The Claymore had survived the blast, but now it just looks ugly, thanks to Adrianne. It then proceeds to wreck New York even further, trying to do the same thing to her building like he did to the Empire State Building.

Adrianne felt the shake, and then tower leaned a bit to the side. She says, "I salute your armor engineers, you aren't in bad shape as I thought," while making a sucky girl scout salute with her gundam. With the Claymore charging at the base of the building she watches on, with her bow and a piercing arrow drawn and aimed but not fired.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

So, Adrianne planned to stay on top of this building until it crumbled, did she? Well, Alexander knew he could try throwing mines at it in an attempt to bring it completely down, but he had a better idea...

...and he needed the extra speed anyhow...

"Ruuuuuuuuuuumimbairh thuh duth of Aaaaaaaaaaalpiiiiiiiiin!" he yelled, ejecting the jacket armor mid-run. Yeah, he can do that. This is G-Gundam. Dashing now at much greater speed than before, he drew his beam claymore.

"Wraaaaaath of thuh Claaaaaaaaaaans!" he shouted, and the beam blade grew to incredible size. He ran down the length of the Met Life building, slicing through its foundations as he charged. When he emerged on the other side, he allowed the beam claymore to power down to its normal level in order to conserve its charge.
SNT1

Adrianne watches as her opponent goes into overdrive, powering up and slicing through the building...

Fortunately for me, experience does count! Adrianne thinks back at her match with the Volta Gundam, when the building crumbled and created a massive dust-fest (before she started to lose, anyway). She jumps on yet another tall building just before te previous one crumbled.

"My, oh my, Sir MacAlpin," Adrianne says, noting the street lights blacked out by the cloud of debris, "You really are making my job here easier, aren't you? Or do you just thrive fighting at a disadvantage?" Adrianne follows the tease with a few bursts of vulcan fire in the Claymore's direction. She takes advantage of the fact that she can see him, but he can't see her, thanks to her superior sensors.

She follows it up by firing the arrow she was holding, aimed at the torso of the Claymore.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

Hey, as long as one's opponent is cheating, one can cheat too and still be able to morally defend one's actions. Sorta. Anyway, to make a long story short, the survivors of the Neo-Scotland transport's crew, led by Moira, had scrambled into the nearest tower along with a couple of pairs of high-powered binoculars.

"Th' joompin' bean is on top o' th' big shiny angular one!"

Alexander twisted in the direction of the Bank of America Tower and held his beam claymore out in front of him, its flat turned towards his opponent, as a makeshift beam shield. The arrow and vulcan rounds disappeared into the glowing blade.

You can pull the physics card on this post if you'd like and I'll remove the next action, but as it is this fight is not fair in the slightest nor is it much fun for me. I've never had reliable ranged weapons of any sort. I've got to close the distance if we're ever going to have anything resembling a real fight. Although I just noticed your speed rating is only one point above mine when we're both in normal mode... I've been assuming all this time that your speed rating must be enormous in order to justify your jumping all over the place. Now I feel a lot more justified in doing what I'm about to do.

Taking a running thruster-assisted leap, the Claymore Gundam sailed through the air, landing at the bottom end of the slanted edge clearly visible in this picture. He then proceeded to do the impossible (and see the invisible, row row fight the power), utilizing the exponentially increased mobility of his Fury Mode to wall-run up the building's steep slope.

"So there ye are..." he said bemusedly as his Gundam bounded up to the roof.

"It's OVER! WROTH OF THUH CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!"

Once more the beam claymore's blade expanded to prodigious size, and he ran at the Hawker Gundam, swinging the sword in a broad but surprisingly quick horizontal slash aimed (more or less) at his opponent's Gundam's head.
SNT1

(OOC: All in the distance, height advantage and knowing exactly where to go. Hawker Gundam isn't exactly a speeding bullet. "I got the high ground!")

"Amazing..." Adrianne comments. Despite the cloud, she can see the Claymore clearly heading: straight at her building. However, it's still dark and dusty; so she still has some advantage.

"Sniper Mode!" Adrianne activates her own fighter. She keeps her intensity down so she won't glow as much as a freakin christmas tree like last time, at least for now.

Well, that sure didn't last long....

In a burst of heightened energy, the Hawker Gundam powers up when the Claymore had reached her within visible range.

"It's OVER! WROTH OF THUH CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!"

As it ran for Adrianne, she had to counter with her own explosive arrows: "BARRAGE!" With 6 arrows heading to different vectors, including one aimed below the floor to mess up the Claymore's footing, and one intended to disable the hand wielding the sword. (so 5 aimed at Claymore, 1 @ground)

The recoil pushes Adrianne over the edge, and falls down the wall of the skyscraper on the otherside. To lessen the impact she stabs the wall with her bladed bow, causing friction and slowing her down some. Landing on her feet, she makes a run for the streets, aiming to be more annoying than ever.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Psyden

James surveys the surroundings. The MetLife building is destroyed, and the Empire State Building is leaning. Now they are working on the Bank of America Building. From his high ground, the Neo American can see what both of the fighters are doing, and incase they manage to hide from him, the USS Constitution will be able to find them wherever they go.

On the deck of the Constitution stands James Ranger in the Cowboy Gundam. Captain Westwood is to his right and Commander Abrams is to his left in their respective Minuteman Prototypes, and behind them stand the 5 production versions of the Minuteman , which rounds out the Constitution’s contingent.

“Alright Ladies, prepare to move out!” The gruff voice of the Cmdr orders his troops, only to be contradicted.

“Belay that order.”

To the Marine’s surprise, it is James who does it, holding his left arm out to stop the Marine from going over the bow of the ship and into combat.

“We are to obverse. If things get out of hand, we are to intervene, but not before hand. The Commission wants us to be the Unofficial Ref for this Unofficial Battle.”

“They are destroying the city.” It is more of a statement of fact than a plea on Abrams part.

“I know…” James didn’t like standing around, either, but he really doesn’t have a choice. Of course, that won’t stop him from purposely looking for a reason to intervene.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Ascension

As Alexander's giant sword sliced through Adrianne's wake, it quite accidentally consumed the majority of the arrows headed for the Claymore. For a moment Alexander thought he had gotten away scot free... no pun intended...

Then the ground exploded beneath his feet. The leg armor, still intact despite the ejection of the armored jacket, protected him from the bulk of the shrapnel, but between the building's roof starting to crumble and the shockwave of the blast, Alexander tumbled backwards off the edge of the tower. He switched off and "sheathed" his blade, choosing to slow his fall with a combination of his Gundam's thrusters and the extremely low tech... and somewhat painful, even for a Gundam... method of physically clawing at the side of the skyscraper.

He made it to the ground in more or less one piece, albeit not nearly as gracefully as the Hawker Gundam had.

"At least we're both at street level now..." he muttered.

"Can ye see anything, Moira?"

"I cannae see ennythin'! Thuh mair damage ye do t' th' city, th' more lights go out an' th' harder it is fair us t' do ye enny good!"

"Ah was afeared ye'd say somethin' like that..."
SNT1

After her run slowed down to a mere stroll in the dark, Adrianne's sensors indicated her of a new unit, or, units, in the area. Immediately she points her weapon to the nearest target (which was the Cowboy Gundam), plus a few thugs right behind it. Seeing that those said units aren't really doing anything right now, she lowers her bow and arrow, and continues her search. "I guess it doesn't hurt to have fans, right?"

Moving on, she whispers to the opposition, "Where arrre youuu?"

She would later realize that they will be two blocks apart from each other, on opposite sides. The bigger problem will be how to flank. However, she decides to instead let her prescence be known by shooting all the visible street lights with her vulcans, to render the section of the battlefield in complete darkness. It should, at the very least, strike a bit of worry on her opponent's part.

And now, she begins a creeping march towards the enemy...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

Alexander frowned as the street lights began to go out. He was really wishing now that he still had his Claymore Mines. He could've tried to lay a trap for the Hawker... but now he was stuck with his sword.

That didn't mean, however, that his options were limited to simply standing around completely exposed in the street, waiting for the Hawker to find him. He turned around and slammed himself backwards into the Bank of America Tower. He didn't use the beam saber because he didn't want to give off extra light, but the sheer bulk of the Gundam was plenty to clear a hole for him in the side of the building.

Backing into the tower would give him at least a little shielding on three sides, meaning he could focus his attention on watching in a single direction... straight in front of him.

((As far as I know, there are absolutely no established tactics for fighting a sniper with nothing more than an oversized sword. I'm making this up as I go along. If I have to, though, I can always track down the Royal Gundam episode of G in order to learn how to fight a sniper with little more than a glowing fist! :lol: ))
SNT1

As the Hawker creeps, one by one Adrianne pulls heat-seekers and holds it with her right arm, slowly and carefully. Then she hears the slam, a loud bang. She looks around frantically for abit, with her first suspect the Neo Americans. Seeing they're still in an idle stance, she continued her trek into the block where Claymore is supposed to be---but finds nothing.

Not here, how could I...wait... that hole! Adrianne finds where the Claymore had gone off, her sensors couldn't have been wrong... but.. inside the building? "Sensors- Analyze the building......" Adrianne mutters.

After the scan, she looks towards the watching fans in mobile fighters and says to them, "Sorry." With this she screams, "one more time---BARRAAAGGEE!!!!" her 6 remaining heat seekers, fired at the same time, all took a sharp turn into the hole. Taking note of the condition of the tall building, Adrianne thinks, If my arrows can't do it, I'm sure the collapsing skyscraper will!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

All Alexander was waiting for was an indication of what direction the Hawker was firing from. As soon as she shot off her barrage, he burst forth from the building, beam claymore in hand. Even with his rather poor sensors, he spotted the archer. He turned, running headlong towards her. One arrow struck him... another, another... but he kept charging at his assailant.

He bellowed in a mixture of rage and pain and raised his beam claymore towards heaven.

"It is finished!" he shouted, a sudden thunderclap punctuating his battlecry, "There is nowhere for you to run, girl!"

The beam claymore came arcing down in a vicious diagonal slash. Alexander was attempting to split the Hawker open from the left side of its neck all the way through to its right flank, barely missing the cockpit in the process.

"Ach!" Jenny complained, "He went an' damaged the Goondahm again..."

Moira wore a similar frown.

"That he did. An' on top o' that, we're stranded here till anoother plane can get here froom th' Brigadoon..."
SNT1

There was no way for the Claymore Gundam to avoid her attack. In fact, it had to come out of its hole to lessen the damage, or else it will recieve more injuries from thousands of tons of steel and concrete crashing down. Adrianne smirked at this...

...until she saw her enemy charging at her, ignoring the pain! Yes, the mechanics of the thing might be far from optimal at this point, but it was hellbent on bringing down thw Hawker Gundam.

Eyes wide, Adrianne had no choice: "O shi~"

In a flash, she leaned back to avoid the attack, thrusted on full reverse, and her bladed strongbow raised high to block the sword.

She succeeds inn blocking it! However, the strength and intensity of the beam claymore was just too much to overcome....the bladed tip shatters, and the claymore proceeds to slash, damaging her pulling arm, and damaging her right leg (remember she was leaning.)

It did send the Hawker Gundam flying backwards, some due to her thrust, some because of the blow, and the instinct to fall back. Adrianne screamed a glass-shattering yelp backing off a good distance.

"Can you still see me? Because I can and NOW YOU'RE DONE! SIIIDEE...."

She pulls a beam arrow, a specialty ammunition, aiming, then someone interrupts....her father. "Adrianne, playtime is over! Can't risk more damage for the more important things!"

"WIIINNDDEEeeeerwhaaat?" The beam arrow, accidentally pulled, charges intensely....above the Claymore Gundam's head, and keeps going until it hits the Chrysler building far away, prompting that skyscraper to go down too in flames and rubble.

The BAE Sherwood makes a stop just between and above the two fighters. Adrianne, still limping, jumps at the deck. As the ship starts to speed away, Adrianne proclaims, "Alexander MacAlpin: I have dominated this match. I can still use both of my arms, but you won't last more than a few minutes! but consider yourself lucky, I have a more important match to attend to! Until we meet again," wih that her gundam bows, and the whole team leaves the scene.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Psyden

“Gaah! Not the Chrysler Building! Damn it…”

Well, the Neo Englishwoman is gone, but the Neo Scotsman is still here.

“Hey, MacAlpin! I saw the wreckage of your transport. Do ya need a life?”

The Minutemen, both production and prototype head for the hanger, while Cowboy waits for his answer.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Ascension

"Thankee kindly," Moira replied, waving at the Neo-Americans.

"'bout time someone showed up," Jenny muttered.

Alexander was still staring at the retreating Sherwood.

The Claymore was a total wreck, but somehow its arm and his endurance lasted long enough for him to raise its beam claymore high one more time in a gesture of victory. Alexander shut the Gundam down in this pose, and he almost collapsed from the relief as the Mobile Trace system ceased registering the Gundam's pain.

"Ye're a dirty cheater, woman..." he muttered, "tha's all this match proved to me..."