Round 3 Non-Combat RP Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

Round 3 Non-Combat RP Thread

OOC: You guys know the drill!

Current Day: December 11th
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Strike Zero

In the dark of the computer room located at the back of the Neo-Iceland hanger, Tomas sat watching the video being played in front of him with great intent. It was a recording of the last match that the Corsair State had fought--Morgan Burke versus Neo-Egypt's Seth Mukantagara and the Osiris Gundam.

Tomas watched as the Corsair Gundam threw itself into the spiked body of the Osiris Gundam without hesitation, and without missing a beat, attempted to sever its opponent's head with its cutlass from such an impossible position. He watched as the Osiris retreated, swinging an attached beam knife as it did so. A desperate strike.

Then the Corsair fighter did the unthinkable. She actually opened her cockpit, and began to shout something at Neo-Egypt. The audio was of too poor quality to be able to make out what she was saying, but Tomas presumed it was something along the lines of "surrender or die".

Neo-Egypt did no such thing, as Tomas had suspected. Instead, he used his ribbons to hurl the Osiris' severed arm at the Corsair's torso and attempted to retreat once again. Corsair nonchalantly batted the limb aside with her cutlass as she pelted Neo-Egypt with Vulcan fire in response. Not two seconds later, she severed the Orsiris' other arm, then plunged the sword into the Gundam's torso.

The outcome was decisive. Neo-Egypt's surrender was merely an unnecessary formality at that point.

The recording came to an end and the screen went dark. Tomas continued to stare at the blank monitor, thinking. He was to be Morgan Burke's next opponent. This time the battle would be fought at Mount McKinley, Alaska, which was good news. It was the middle of winter, so the air temperature of the surrounding area would already be at or below freezing. To top it off, if they were fighting at the summit of the mountain--something that Tomas sincerely hoped was the case--the added elevation would only work to better the situation, since it was naturally colder the higher one went. This meant that he wouldn't have to wait around to be able to use the ice at its full effectiveness, and if he used the AP emitters, it could become cold enough so that his ice would be as solid as permafrost. All things considered, the victory should have belonged to him hands down.

Despite that... there were two potential factors remaining that left Tomas with a sense of unease.

The first was that Ellie and the others had been unable to determine what caused the Barrage mode to fail during the fight against Boris. She had checked, double checked, then triple checked the entire system and could find no problems whatsoever. She had looked over both Aurora drivers and every single capacitor and generator that was used to route the extra power produced upon activation. Nothing. She had even gone so far as to tear apart every single piece of electronic equipment that was to be found in the cockpit and still found no indication as to what had caused the failure. In short... they had no idea what it was, what had caused it, and whether or not it was prone to happening again.

And against this opponent... it happening again was not something that Tomas could afford.

For the second factor was Morgan Burke herself. There wasn't any question that she was skilled... that's what had landed her in the finals in the first place despite the fact that she represented a band of pirates that possessed no real nation to call their own. There was just something about her... and the way she fought. The way she had so effortlessly defeated her first opponent Sven Dikestra in the first round... and the display she had given in the second of not seeming to care about her personal well being as long as she gathered a victory.

For the first time since the Gundam fight had started... Tomas was actually worried about his upcoming match.

It certainly didn't help that there seemed to be absolutely no information about Corsair available anywhere. Sure, there were the stats and data about the Gundam that was available to all fighters, but there was nothing on Morgan Burke herself. Tomas didn't know her reputation, what her previous fights before the finals had been like, or what kind of a person Corsair really was.

It would be in his best interest to find out.

Tomas grabbed his jacket draped across his chair and started for the door. If there was anyplace where he could find the information he was looking for, it would be at the floating dock...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
EZero8

--Chase Lee--
--Neo China--

Questionable... very very questionable. The ref undoubtedly made this decision on the fly. Chase sighed as he climbed out of the Slayer Gundam to survey the damage. Neo France must be pissed...

He took a good look at both Gundams. They were badly torn, headless, and charred from that double finish. It should've been called a draw. Unless there was some sort of weird thing going around where the GFC is modifying the rules. Suspicious yet again with their questionable decisions... Chase was seeing a trend.

Chase called over to the Neo French fighter, unsure if the man could hear him, "Tough luck dude. That was a good fight... should've been a draw I think. I'll see you around..."

Neo China's crew shows up not long afterwards to pick up the Gundam. Garrick looked sadly at the damaged state the Slayer was in, not so much because of the work he'll have to do, but moreso because he didnt expect the Dragon Slayer to recieve so much punishment from one of the worst records in the Finals.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
ORegan

As Sean was happily asleep in his quarters onboard the Blarney Stone, the ship had an unexpected visitor. Neo-Ireland's ambassador had his personal ship leave the D.C. to meet up with them. The ship entered the large hanger of the Ex-MS Carrier. The Ship was able to carry 20 mobile suits, but with the Gundam fights, it was one of the many not in use. The other spaces were stocked with liquor and spare parts for the gundam, since Sean has a habit of always heavily damaging his mobile fighter.

The Ambassador barged into Sean's room, finding him sleeping in the nude holding a bottle of vodka like a child does a bottle.

Ambassador: Sean wake up!

"ZZZZZzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzZZZZZzzzz"

Finding an empty bottle of booze, he smashed the bottle off a wall.

"ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzz"

Ambassador: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WAKE THE F*** UP!

Sean woke up from his snooze. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Ambassador: Look at this headline from the New-New York Times.

Barely able to see, Sean played off like he could read it. "Yeah...that's uh...pretty neat...I didn't know cats could jump that high."

Ambassador: That's not what it says. It reads "Irish fighter destroys Another landmark in Drunken stupor." The article claims you to be doing all of this intentionally! Stop destroying landmarks of Neo-America. first it was The Mississippi River Bridge, and now Mt. Rushmore. What kind of an idiot are you?

"Calm down. I have diplomatic immunity because I'm a Gundam Fighter, remember? That is all collateral damage."

Ambassador: JUST BECAUSE IT SAYS THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO DESTROY EVERYTHING!

"Take a chill pill boyo, we'll talk this over lunch."

Ambassador: Fine, but I'm still not done yelling at you...and for the love of God, put some pants on!

As Sean started to get dressed, the Ambassador entered the dining area. Sean came late from getting dressed, and joined his wife, Shamus, and the Ambassador to a hearty lunch. Yes there were potatoes. The food seemed to calm down the man of politics down as he talked peacefully to Sean to avoid hitting things that are important to people. Sean agreed. It was also discussed that they would not be stopping by O'Malley's before the battle because their match was close at hand

After lunch, the Ambassador said he couldn't stay any longer, as he had an important meeting to get to. The catapult launched the private jet, everyone watched it leave. Within the jet, everything was smooth sailing. The man was peacefully reading the paper about Neo_China's victory in the third round. Suddenly alarms went off in the cockpit. The pilot's informed him that something was wrong with the engines, and they were about to blow. The Ambassador immediately yelled out the word "sabotage" As he ran for a parachute. He wouldn't make it in time as the plan exploded taking the lives of the Pilot, Co-pilot, and Neo_Ireland's Ambassador. The crew of Neo_Ireland's support crew watched in horror as a ball of fire took the place of the sleek white aircraft.

"WILLY!" cried Sean as he made a run for his still damaged Gundam and into the cockpit. Inside he heard Willy's voice in the cockpit in an evil laugh.

Willy: Ahahahahaha! No one stands in our way for anything now!

"NO! That wasn't part of the plan!"

The rest of the ride to Ellis Island would be a gloom one as the techs made preparations to the Gundam, and Sean tried to suppress his range before he killed Willy.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Cardi Doorl

Ismail Aidid grew restless from remaining in the Neo Somalia support hangar. Sometime near mid-morning, he arbitrarily decided he would go to the bar for Gundam fighters he'd heard about. He threw on a green, short-sleeve button-down shirt over his wife-beater and slipped on a pair of old jeans. Being a Gundam fighter meant he didn't have to wear a military uniform, and that suited him just fine. The things were too constricting anyway.

He strolled into the hangar where the Siad Gundam stood, mostly repaired of the damage it had received in its match against the Leprechaun Gundam two days earlier. It would be ready for Ismail's match tomorrow.

"Aidid!" came a shout. Colonel Ahmed Fereh. "Aidid!" he shouted again when Ismail ignored him. This time, Ismail humored him and turned in his direction. "Aidid," added Fereh one last time as he walked across the support hangar toward Ismail, "Where are you going? You have no authorization to leave your quarters! You must rest, and you must think about why you have lost both of your matches so far."

"I am going to the bar in the sky," grunted Ismail. Without another word, he turned away and continued to the nearest helicopter. Frustrated, Fereh blew a whistle, which signaled five guardsmen wielding stun batons.

"Aidid," intoned Fereh, trying his level best to sound cold and commanding, "I gave you no authorization to leave your quarters. You will return at once."

Ismail didn't even pretend he cared, and simply pushed past the guardsmen. With an angry snarl, Fereh snapped his fingers. The guard closest to Ismail immediately lashed out with his stun baton, striking the Somalian fighter on the small of the back. Ismail grunted and staggered slightly, but then wheeled around and grabbed the guard's outstretched right arm with tremendous force. In a single, spinning motion, Ismail threw the man right into two of the other guards, sending the three tumbling through the hangar.

The two remaining guards were brave, if nothing else. Undaunted by how easily Ismail had dispatched three of his peers, one of the men dashed forward and thrusted with his stun baton. The attack connected, hitting the left of Ismail's ribcage, but Ismail appeared to be unfazed as he grabbed the man's arm with both hands and casually broke it. He could feel the bone breaking, and that, combined with the satisfying wet snap, sent tingles up Ismail's spine.

He tossed the howling guard aside, then spun around to send a left hook right into the last guard's face just as the man was trying to strike with his stun baton. The punch connected brutrally, smashing in the man's nose and shattering teeth as blood spattered all over Ismail's fist and forearm.

"Ismail, you beast!" roared Fereh, "I'm calling in the troops this instant!"

Then a commanding shout from the other side of the hangar: "What is going on here!?"

Fereh's head darted to the source of the shout and as General Mahmoud Abdi Yusuf. "Sir!" he blurted as he stood at attention, "Gundam Fighter Aidid left his quarters without authorization. When I ordered him back, he wounded these guardsmen."

"Why did you leave your quarters, Aidid?" asked the General simply.

"I am going to the bar for Gundam fighters," replied Ismail, wiping blood from his knuckles.

"Go, then," nodded Yusuf, to Fereh's disbelief, "You have my approval."

"But sir!" objected Fereh, "Aidid is not fit to appear publicly and mingle with the other Gunda fighters!"

"Colonel," replied Yusuf smoothly, "Neo Somalia's public image is very poor. The other nations think we treat our representative like a caged attack dog. Let us prove them wrong. I trust Aidid will do the right thing."

"Understood, sir," conceded Fereh, who had to give way to his superior officer. He turned to address the lower ranks. "Assemble a control detail and pre-"

"Belay that," inerrupted Yusuf, "Aidid will go without a control detail." At this, Ismail gave a brutal grin. For some reason, the General was giving him a blank check to act as he pleased. Yusuf went on, "Ismail will also be flown there by my own personal helicopter, which is already prepared."

"Yes, sir," replied a thoroughly defeated Fereh, "Understood, sir."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
SNT1

--Neo-Philippines--

Alvin was being carried by GFC emergency crew into the Sarao. He is sitting in a stretcher, which wasn't really necessary, as all he got was a massive headache that won't linger around for too long. He looks back at the slowly calming crowd and sighs at his Jeepney Gundam being hauled away by his own team.

"Well, at least it's safe from that crazy bastard now," Patrick notes, seeing the referee is trying to quell the mess. "Don't worry, we won't be disqualified, we're still 2-1, and the head is an easy fix." Hannah in the meantime is quiet, fuming with anger.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

-Neo Scotland, New York City

Alexander frowned in aggravation. New York City was quite a large one. Even something as large as a Gundam was easy to hide in such a metropolis. The Neo-Scottish transport plane he had commandeered buzzed as low over the city as it legally could (some ancient incident had caused the city's airspace to be restricted somewhat), but he still didn't spot the Hawker Gundam.

"She didn't lie to me, did she?"

"It'd sairve ye right fer this foolishness!" Moira said, clucking her tongue.

"Ah'm musin' introspectively, woman! Stay out of this!"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
SNT1

--Neo England--

Two heat-seeking arrows start to track the transport plane as Neo-Scotland looks for the Hawker Gundam, which is well hidden in the tallest skyscraper clusters. Adrianne had fired upwards, revealing her position thanks to the smoke trails of the missile-like projectiles.

"I just woke up...." *yawn*, Adrianne says. "I have a match a few hours from now, too. "

The Gundam, which was in a lying position, slowly stands up, and jumps at the tallest building, firing three more heat-seeking arrows. She had placed an extra quiver on top of the building, bringing her total to 54 arrows. (49, now). (OOC: 3 beam tipped, 12 piercing, 15 explosives, the rest heatseekers)

She would have some fun watching the plane try to avoid 5 arrows on hot pursuit.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

-Neo Scotland

"We've got missiles tracking the plane! No, make that arrows!" the pilot radioed back to the cramped cargo compartment in a panic.

"Wha?!?" Alexander let out a long string of curses. "I should've expected th' English t' stob us in th' back like they ulways have. Abandon ship! Th' Goondahm can make it t' th' groond from here..."

Alexander took a running leap into the Gundam's cockpit and started it up as quickly as he could.

"Open th' doors, Moira, unless ye all want t' dee at th' hands of this treacherous woman!"

"Saint's presairve us..." Jenny muttered.

The Claymore Gundam tumbled out of the back of the transport plane, followed shortly by about a half-dozen figures wearing parachutes. Moments after the crew bailed, the plane exploded in a theatrically large fireball.

Although it was heavy by Gundam Fight standards, the Claymore still had enough thrusters to slow its fall. When it hit the ground, it did not hit with enough force to damage its legs.'

"If that nippie sweetie would've quit yammerin' fer half a minute, we might not be in this pairdickament..." Alexander complained.

"And if ye could lissen t' reason, we wouldn't be here either!" Moira protested.

"There ya go again, ye bletherin' skite... Just keep quiet. Now Ah've got e'en mair of score t' settle."

Alexander switched his comm to broadcast on an open channel.

"Shew yer face, woman! Ah came here t' settle this fairly, not t' watch on as ye shoot me in th' back! I know well o' th' English capacity fer backstobbin'. Ah came here in th' hopes that ye would prove th' English capable of honorable combat!"
SNT1

--Neo England--

"I AM RIGHT HERE!" Adrianne shouts on the top of the old skyscraper'sspire, with a smug smile on her face.

"why won't you... make your way up here," Adrianne dares. "Besides, it's not my fault you didn't not find me lying smack dab in the middle of Times Square! Why can't you be nice; I picked the battlefield so you won't have to leave when this is over with it!"

Consecutively, she fires four more seeking arrows, aiming to test the Claymore's maneuverabilty and for Adrianne's entertainment.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ascension

((Isn't it kind of ironic we're fighting in the NON-COMBAT thread? :lol: ))

-Neo Scotland

"Alexander, watch out!" Moira warned on the private Neo-Scotland channel, "Those arrows are heat-seekin'!"

"Heat seekers, you say?"

Alexander would have to time this perfectly. There was no way he would be able to dodge the heat-seeking arrows without ejecting his armor, but he wasn't willing to sacrifice his protection yet. Nor did he want to take the fire. Luckily he had just the thing to make the missiles miss.

He waited until they were just a hundred yards or so above his Gundam's head, then fired the beam musket directly at the base of the Empire State Building. The beam musket may not be able to hit a small moving target, but it can sure hit a building. The broad, hot beam tore into the base of the skyscraper, starting secondary fires and generally wreaking havoc with the old building's now-creaky support structure. The four heat seeking arrows streaked into the wounded building right behind the wide beam, creating still more chaos inside the skyscraper.

With a shuddering groan, the huge building began to lean, a lean from which it would probably never recover.

"Well, Mistress Hoont, Ah have a counter-proposal t' make... why dahn't ye jain me doon here?"

Alexander grinned like the Cheshire Cat.

((I've got to try to level the playing field somehow... why not do it by literally leveling the playing field?))
SNT1

--Neo England--

"****," Adrianne grunts. She notes that heat-seekers aren't exactly hot in a city environment.

Following the Empire State's shaky situation, she grabs the extra quiver, and makes leaps on several roofs. Settling on a bigger-roofed building.

"Well, Mistress Hoont, Ah have a counter-proposal t' make... why dahn't ye jain me doon here?" Alexander says. Adrianne spats, "NO! But.... ."

She hurls the quiver into the Claymore, and just before it hits the target's position, Adrianne hits it with an explosive arrow.... setting up the street where Alexander is for a colossal explosion.

"Good thing the Empire State is still standing... Why do you have to ruin everything?" Adrianne teased.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wedge14

-Alexandre Loussier-
-Neo France-
-Late night before his matchup in the general hangar area-

Alexandre had grown accustomed the flag of defeat. He just didn't understand why he kept being defeated. He was his homeland's best combatant. Leagues better then the other fighters who were in the runnings.

The Neo Frenchman sighed as he briskly walked towards his car.

His country started to pull funding no body guards for him and no chauffeur. If he wanted those necessities back he would have to win. No more losing for Alexandre Loussier he would prove to everyone that he wasn't a loser.

Recon 5

Completely undetected by Alexandre, a large figure ran through the shadows making absolutely no sound on the pavement.

As he approached the Neo Frenchman's car, Tao Long reflected on his current position. Although he resented this assignment, he knew that he had to comply with his orders if he wanted to achieve his goals.

They don't think much of me, do they? Assigning me to weed out this weakling. Nevertheless, if it will bring me closer to the usurper its worth doing.

Sensing that the time was right, Tao launched himself into the air in a superhuman leap, somersaulted once in mid- flight and landed feet- down on the top of Alexandre's car, severely denting the roof and cracking all its windows in the process. Standing straight, he crossed his arms and looked disdainfully at his target.

"Going somewhere, Neo France?"
Wedge14

Alex's chin almost hit the ground after he had seen what this stranger had done to his car.

He recognized the man, but he did not know from where.

"That was a Renault! You'll pay for what you did to my car!" He quickly shouted rolling up the sleeves of his expensive designer jacket.

He took two steps then he propelled himself at Tao Long. His right foot stretching outwards in an actually pretty impressive jump kick.

Recon 5

Normally, Tao would have simply dodged the kick, but he wanted to finish his job as quickly as possible and that meant minimizing the horseplay. Still, that didn't mean that he couldn't have just a little fun while he was at it.

His right arm shot up from where it had been resting above his left, too fast for Alexandre to see, and the hand clamped itself around Alexandre's ankle, stopping the Neo Frenchman's foot approximately an inch from the tip of Tao's nose.

In the split- second that followed, he brought his left hand up to Alexandre's ankle as well, and with a powerful flick of his wrists he snapped the ankle, released Alexandre as the Neo Frenchman swung to his right, and made a jump so carefully aimed and timed that he landed with his feet square in the middle of his victim's abdomen with enough force to drive the latter into the floor with a loud crack that Tao hoped was from Alexandre's spine.

As he hopped off onto the ground, Tao hoped that it was over. However, just to make sure he turned to look at Alexandre again.

(OOC: Well, Wedge? Giving him any last words?)
Wedge14

Alexandre would of been able to recognize Neo China's Tai Long had actually been able to get a good look at his face. But all he really saw was Stars. And fists moving faster then he had ever seen. If he even saw them.

His broken body hit the ground hardly. The moon was shining bright staring at it for the last few moments of his consienceness Alexandre just couldn't help but take in it's beauty.

"Merde..."

Was his last word, as the clouds blocked his vision of the moon.

---

A few voices were heard in the distance. The sound of a car being crunched was a loud one a few of the security people who were working in the hangar area were coming to investigate.
Last edited by Wedge14 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recon 5

Tao didn't understand Alexandre's last word but he thought the Neo Frenchman's tone of voice was appropriate. Hearing the footsteps of the approaching security staff, he decided to leave immediately. He had no doubt that he could eliminate the guards as easily as he had eliminated his target, but that would increase the chance of someone escaping to tell the world of Tao Long's return. It wasn't worth the risk.

Tao wasn't smiling as it didn't befit the occasion. Instead, he turned and sped off with the same soundless steps into the darkness from which he had come.
Last edited by Recon 5 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Dieter Mayers - Neo Germany -

Even after decking that foreigner and meeting that charming fighter from Neo Somalia again, Dieter wanted to forget his entire trip to the bar at O'Malley's. He had left the place in a huff, sending Felica back to the zeppelin and taking one of their VW's out on a drive.

Since he was still a test driver at heart, he pushed the car to its limit the entire way as he tried to clear his mind. He soon found himself outside the courtesy 'general hangar' area, and he turned the car into a long skid and parked in the empty Neo German hangar.

He slammed the door shut, and decided to take a walk to see what he could get into at this hour. Within a couple of minutes, he was outside Neo France's hangar trying to figure out why they would park a partially crushed Renault out in the open. "Weak frame. Poor engineering," he grumbled as he looked over the damage.

Dieter walked around the car, and found Alexandre laying at his feet. "Eh? Can't hold your liquor?" he teased quietly, nudging the downed Neo Frenchman with his toe, thinking he was passed out.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

As Dietar tapped the broken Alexandre a dozen flashlights suddenly froze on the German fighter.

"Stop right there!! Whats going on here!"

"Someone Call the police!"

"That's Dieter Meyers!"

"What happened to that car?"

"Who's that on the ground!?"

"Someone Call an ambulance!"

"My flashlight won't work"

"Someone tape off the area"

"I'm not doing it i'm on break"

"Then get out of here!!"

"Dieter Meyers! Put your hands over your head!"

"Reach for the sky Bratwurst breath!"