Round 3, Fight 2: Neo Brazil vs. Neo Sweden

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Sam felt his hatchets bounce off something in the cloud of smoke, as he retracted them he saw the Luta Livre coming down on him like bat outta hell, thinking quickly he fired his thrusters and flung himself forward about thirty meters with a flick of his head, at the same time he racked his hatchets and grabbed his timber Axe attaching it to his right chain he stopped on the spot and started to spin using his thrusters, as he gained speed he activated the heat chain and tossed the axe out into the centrifugal force and slowly let chain out, cutting down every nearby building in it's path.
Ziryab

After altering his cross which was almost bringing him straight down rather than at an angle, it took a few seconds for Akin to catch on to the intent of Sam's latest maneuvar. The Neo-Swede was attempting to collaspe every building around them in the area. Too many possibilities of what could result for that. He had to take this chance rather than heed to caution.

If this was timed right Akin could land right on top of the Hatchet Gundam. Either landing on its head and destroy it outright. Maybe just land on its shoulders, sending it into the ground part ways like a hammer to a nail then try to escape. And if he missed he would at least hope to crash into the city's underground sewage system. Maybe it would provide some protection from this multi-building demolition.

Midair and in midflight the Luta Livre Gundam flipped over. Coming down feet first as Akin angled himself to continue his bead on the Hatchet Gundam which had not only moved but now spinning in place, swiinging a humongous axe as it did.

Not much I can do now, a smile still plastered on Akin's face and sped up. But follow through!

"COMETA DA GRAVIDADE <Gravity Comet>!!!"
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Sam realized his trick to bring the buildings down on himself and the Luta Livre had failed and he was now a sitting duck, he quickly retracted his chain and axe in time to bring it up as a shield but not in time to avoid having his right shoulder completely dislocated as the Luta Livre hit him as it passed by, howling in pain he hefted the great axe in his left arm and swung for his enemy before firing his thrusters and retreated, landing near his starting point Sam planted the head of the axe and reached up to his right shoulder.
Ziryab

Beautiful, Akin's knees began to straighten. Though Sam's had used his enormous axe as a shield in the last moments, there was no way the Neo Swede fighter could protect himself from the impact's force. Himself taking morbid satisfaction in Sam's agonized howl.

Rather than gloat and carry on his attack, with buildings's coming down, Akin had to bolt from his opponent expediently. Yet as soon as he was leaping back into the air his feet were struck from underneath.

Recovering faster than anticipated. The flat of Sam's axe had struck him in mid-leap as if he were a baseball, sending the Neo Brazilian sprawling heels over head through the air.

His mobile fighter crashing onto its shoulders, the wind sped from Akin's lungs as he laid on there on the ground as the buildings continued to tumble around them. Himself being placed just under one of the toppling buildings due to the Hatchet Gundam batting him away.

"Shiiiiii," Akin's gazed in dread as he looked up then forward flipped back onto his feet. Holding up his beam shields over his head as he desperately searched for safety.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Sam howled primally as he shoved his shoulder back into the socket, as he did this his Gundam began to glow faintly, Sam's adrenaline levels activating the hyper mode, he shook noticably with pain as he heaved his axe back onto his shoulder, "Damn, I think I squished him." He chuckled, he knew a pilot that good wouldn't go down from something like that, "Come on, let's get this do already." He fired his thrusters and jumped into the rubble searching for his quarry.
Ziryab

"I'm okay. I'm okay," Akin responded to his crew still floating above him with a bird eye's view of the match.

"Okay, in cases like these a weapon would be of some use," the Luta Livre Gundam attempted to dig its way out of the rubble. Beam shields being used for makeshift shovels. "Easier to blast my way out of here," seeing nothing but darkenss with his Gundam panoramic view.

"Ahhh," the pressure from his body covering, moblie trace suit lightening as his Gundam reach the surface and open air. Cautiously, his Gundam darted and poked its head out of the rubble. Scanning all around for sight of the Hatchet Gundam.

Akin chuckled to himself and remained in the hole. Turning off his beam sheilds he shoved and dug around him to get comfortable. Hiding back in the hole he held his right forearm over his head to act as a cover inside the hole. Shifting it around a bit, he partially reburied himself--trying to hide the shield's glow under a bit of rubble, debris and dust.

All there was left to do now was hope his sensors would pick up Sam's approach and wait.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Sam smiled insanely as he searched for the Luta Livre, as he went along his sensors detected a heat source but it looked to small to be a mobile suit, "Damn where the hell are you ?" He continued along at a plodding pace.
Ziryab

"That light," Akin witnessed from his cover as golden light filtered through as if was the coming dawn. The heat sensors alone was reading the Hatchet Gundam as one large glob of heat--far different than it had appeared to his sensors far ealier in this match.

"Hyper mode," he gritted his teeth in disdain. This would be a problem. A big problem. Maybe he would luck out on this one's hyper mode. Maybe it would be more speed than power like mose people tend to lean toward. And if he could manage to outpace Sam... if Akin could keep up an offensive position to keep him from retaliating...

Deeply inhaling, Akin shifted himself towards the Hatchet Gundam's direction and planted his feet firmly. Activating the left beam buckler and pushed his left forearm foreward.

"Grrrrrn--" straining as he pushed forward against the confines of his hole. Slowly bringing his right forearm down to assist as well.

Akin's strain almost became a roar as he pushed. Thrusters igniting as he attempted to push forward. Causing it to landslide--burying, distracting, trapping or loosening Sam's footing. Even if it doesn't work as well as he wants it would provide a moment he need to set himself up for his barrage.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

(Actually think more like backlighting coming from nowhere than what they had in the show.)

Sam swore loudly as a pile of rubble began sliding towards him, firing his thrusters he jumped above the slide before he got buried, he saw the Luta Livre emerge right before he landed behind a large chunk of building, "Damn the heck was he thinking?" Sam wished he still had his bazooka, it'd give him an edge in he debris.
Ziryab

((Ah. Thanks. Been quite a while since I've seen the series back when they showed it on Cartoon Network.))

"Awww," Akin slid down the hill of rubble as the Hatchet Gundam thrusted away from the sliding debris.

"Don't be shy now!" Akin laughed in the direction of the faint glow. Using the beam shields as shovels to throw rubble and debris in the air and Sam's general direction. Hands swinging wildly in large circles. "You're the only one with an activated hyper mode between us."

"Don't tell me you're too scared to fight," picking up a larger chunk of debris with two hands and tossing it into the air before going back to his erratic shovel tossing.

"You mean to tell me your Gundam has a glass jaw?" Letting his laugh resonate as he taunted Sam.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Sam stepped out from behind his cover in the middle of the hail of debris with his timberaxe resting casually on his left shoulder, as the larger chunk came at him he merely smiled and hauled back for a punch, as it come in range he unleashed the devastating power of his Gundam in one punch, the chunk was obliterated in an instant, "Hardly, just wanted you to show yourself." He fired his thrusters and jumped for the Luta Livre, bringing his axe down in a wicked chop as he came in for a landing near the Gundam.
Ziryab

((Quick question for reference. He using the big axe or one of his two regular size ones?))

Much better Akin commented as the Hatchet Gundam came into range. Waiting so long to get his hands on it despite the obvious increase in power of the Neo Swedish Mobile Fighter. A melee fight in this tournament he always loved.

Now if he could just get that axe away from Sam.

"Whee fwee," Akin whistled as Sam was flying down on him with the enormous axe of his.

As the weapon neared on its downward strike the Luta Livre Gundam jerk. Though lightly pulling back, rather than move completely out of the way if pivoted on one foot. Turning much like a scribe's compass. Turning a circle until he stood side-by-side with the Hatchet Gundam. Yet rather than stopping he kept spinning, twirling around and low to the ground as he did. Trying to twirl directly behind his opponent for a suplex.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

(Think giant double headed axe)

Sam landing missing his mark, he barely saw the movement of his opponent, thinking quickly he shifted his weight to his back foot he swung in a tight circle firing his thrusters briefly trying to make his opponent back off into the ideal range for his axe.
Ziryab

The Hatchet Gundam kept pace with him in his twirling. By the time he was supposedly behind the Gundam, Sam had shifted his body and took a remarkable swing at him. Forcing Akin's Gundam to on all fours in an almost American football-like stance as the beam shields on his forearms already turned off.

For the briefiest moment the Neo Brazilian blinked as the hefty axe scraped across his Gundam's head. Slicing off the top the V-fin and capping off the very top of the Gundam's head and jostling the machine.

"VULCANS!!!" Akin demanded frantically wanting to deprive Sam of a back swing that would remove his head. Though the light shelling would press his opponent back in a momentary retreat, Akin charged for Sam's midsection as if a football play had been snapped. He had to stay as close as possible to Sam. Greatly so now that the Neo Swede could amplify the might and ferocity of his axe with his hyper mode.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

(OOOOO you in a bad way now dude :twisted: )

The vulcan fire caught Sam off guard as he whooped at his grazing hit, he backed off only to be tackled in the mid-section by the Luta Livre, causing him to lose his axe, "Bad idea my friend." He set his feet and slid back only a few meters but not even falling, Sam raised his arms up and cupped his Gundam's hands togethor, roaring again he brought them down at the Luta Livre's back in a crushing hammer.
Ziryab

((Eeee! >.< Bad? Yes. But necessary for this lil' setup I planned. >:3 ))

Akin held his teeth clenched.

The Luta Livre Gundam laid sprawled and splayed upon the ground. A small crater beneath it as the ground around it was cracked and broken. The double fisted, hammer strike not only creating a visible dent in the Neo Brazilian Gundam's back but also forcing the machine into the ground like a nail.

Feverishly, Akin scrambled forward. His Gundam barely picking itself off the pavement while it kicked and crawled its way between the Hatchet Gundam's legs. Expediently Akin grappled the Hatchet Gundam's left leg like a child clutching to its mother. Low to the ground, Akin tried to set his Gundam on its feet while he turned to look under the Hatchet Gundam's crotch.

"VULCANS!!!" he commanded. Keeping his targeting reticle on the Hatchet Gundam's crotch as he threw his shoulder into its left thigh. Intending to lift the heavy legged Gundam off its foot and onto it's back.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

(Dude that is so hitting below the belt :evil: )

Sam rocked back and heaved forward at the same time, his balance thrown off but not enough to knock him over, regaining his weight ratio he stomped his lifted foot back down with all his strength setting his stance, he then sent a pair of punch combo's at the Luta Livre clinging to his leg.
Ziryab

((I know. =3 He may not be Dieter but that won't stop him from deploying off his own tricks and methods. =p))

Sam rocked back and heaved forward at the same time, his balance thrown off but not enough to knock him over, regaining his weight ratio he stomped his lifted foot back down with all his strength setting his stance, he then sent a pair of punch combo's at the Luta Livre clinging to his leg.

Akin and his Gundam were buckling under the blows as Sam wailed away. Sliding down the leg and back onto the concrete. Forcing Akin to tuck his Gundam head down after taking one blow to the face. Crushing the right camera eye as most of the right cheek was caved in. Other blows left to hammer onto the machine's shoulder and back.

While Sam tried to force dents and craters into Akin's Gundam as it slid down the Hatchet Gundam's left leg. Literally being pummeled into the ground as he tried to hold on with at least one arm.

I still have two up my sleeve left, he wanted to tell Sam. And here is one of them! Pressing his right forearm against the back of the Gundam's leg. He also tried to reach his left forearm out to his opponent's other leg.

Even one leg of this machine was too hard for him to fully lift and topple as he had hoped. He even tried his thrusters to help in the lifting, unfortuantely he could only use those on his feet and shoulders. The double handed hammer blow delievered earlier had kept him from using many of the thrusters on his back.

"Beam emitters up," he slid from his lips. Activating the forearm beam shields right at the Hatchet Gundam's legs. Deciding to topple the machine over by trying to away its legs if not the use of them.

"Timber...," he wanted to smile in spite of the pain.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

(Vertical or horizontal?)

Sam howled in pain as the emitters activated and began melting away at his shins, he fired his thrusters and slid back form the attack, his thick armor breached and several leg components damaged before he had a chance to act, "Damn, gotta end it before I lose my legs." With this he reached down and grabbed both of his beam knives, setting the left for a reverse grip and the right for a normal one he fired his thrusters again and jumped for the Luta Livre hacking and slash with reckless abandon.
Ziryab

((*droops head* Can't believe I actually had to look that up to be certain I got the term right -_- Horizontal.))

There was little chance for to catch a moment of respite as the Hatchet Gundam pulled from what meager grip Akin's Gundam held on the left leg. Yet Sam's pulling back gave Akin what little time he needed to replant his feet while keeping his body in a low crouch. Nearly bowled over as Sam slammed into his upraised forearms that were guarded by the still activated, irridescent glowing beam shields.

Though not large enough to cover him completely Akin curled into as best he could against the stabbing and hacking. Defending his Gundam's head most of all as leaned on his right foot in his low crouch.

Arms crossed over his face, Akin threw his entire weight from his low stance at the Gundam's left knee. Uncrossing his arms at the last moment to slam his shoulder into the already damaged leg right at it's knee.