Round 2, Fight 6: Neo Brazil vs. Neo Japan

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Round 2, Fight 6: Neo Brazil vs. Neo Japan

THIRD GUNDAM FIGHT
ROUND 2, FIGHT 6
NEO BRAZIL vs. NEO JAPAN

- Key West, Florida -

December 7th, FC 16

It was mid-morning; the sun was halfway up the sky, equidistant from the horizon and its noon position.

The entirety of the island of Key West proper was the arena, giving the combatants and unprecedented area in which to fight. The crowds watched from boats, from airships, from some of the closer islands - you name it.

The announcer's voice crackled on: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 6th fight of the second round! I know you're all eager to know if your champion will succeed in this fight, so we will make sure no time is wasted.

"My dear audience, our challengers this morning are Akin Bisneto of Neo Brazil, in the Luta Livre Gundam-"

Predictably, the crowd erupted at this, so the announcer allowed the sentence to go unfinished until they'd let out their steam to an acceptable degree. Neo Brazil's supporters in the crowd made up a slight majority of those present, which included Japanese come to see their own representative, local Americans, terrestrial citizens of some of the closer nations, and assorted others who'd come in hopes of seeing a good fight.

"His opponent," picked up the announcer once he felt the crowd was at a sufficient level, "Is Ryusei Urameshi of Neo Japan, in the Gundam Ultima!"

Those supporting Ryusei showed said support. They were outnumbered in the audience, but the way they cheered it seemed nobody had told them.

Most likely unheard and unnoticed by the general population of the audience, the announcer closed by saying, "Will the fighters please enter the combat area and signal readiness to the referee?"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ziryab

—Akinkawon Zeferino d'Santos Bisneto—
—Neo Brazil—
—Luta Livre Gundam—

Sitting atop the drawbridge of the cockpit, the mobile trace suit dressed Akinkawon left his legs to dangle in the air before the announcements began. Wanting to bask in Key West's beauty before the fight after being in its absence for almost five years since his last concert here. Soon after that came the candidacy and training for this latest Gundam Fight. Bringing many of his future concerts he had planned to a halt and one new album on hiatus for a while.

His head titled back and eyes closed as he took in the sun and salty air of lovely Key West. His Gundam, meanwhile, stood motionless just off shore but well and far within the bounds of the beam barrier kept around both he and his current opponent, Ryusei Urameshi. One of the more younger fighters in this tournament he felt may have been more suited for the youngbloods like Ryusei.

"Oh well," shrugging to himself, the innumerable small dreadlocs tied into a ponytail to slide up and down his back. "We oldies will show this kids they still have a lot to learn," grinning to himself as he looked towards the shore.

"Boris will have his chance. As will Ismail. Ning is holding out and dishing out as best she can. And now..." He began to stand upon hearing and feeling the crowds voices traveling through the air. Support and accolades for both he and Ryusei.

"I take to the stage again!"

Slpping back into his cockpit, the Luta Livre Gundam began to move again. Making its way towards the center "stage" to announce its readiness.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
RGM-79G GM Command

(OOC: Sorry I took so long Ziryab.)

IC: Ryusei was waiting next to his Gundam when he heard that his fight was to start as soon as the pilots said they were ready and stands up before stretching a bit. "I hope this one will be a good fight as well, although I guess last time my Gundam got pretty beat up." He says before looking over at the Ultima and then running over to it and getting into the cockpit. He then hears Tetsuya saying something about how he better win once he gets the unit moving around and stretchs some more in it to make sure everything except for the weapons in it was working right.

Once he has it started he has the unit walk towards the area of the fight while looking around to see the area for any places that he could use in the fight such as buildings for cover and other things like that. 'At least this place isn't as cold as the last one.' He thinks to himself as he nears the area and starts to look around in the Gundam again and starts thinking about a battle plan to use during the fight. Once he gets to the area for the fight he contacts the referee and says, "Okay I'm ready for the fight." He then gets into his ready stance for when the fight starts.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Wingnut

'Ah, Florida in December. Very nice.' though the Neo American referee as he took a moment to appreciate the warm weather compared to most of the rest of the country.

'Well, looks like I have a job to do here. I just hope they're not going to burn the place up like that Egyptian wacko.'

"GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY... GO!"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Ziryab

(('s quite alright Jimmy =p))
(([insert theme: Dig In by Lenny Kravitz] seems to fit his mindset XD))

Inside the Luta Livre Gundam's cockpit Akinkawon pulled in his lips then tsk'ed. Gauging Ryusei Urameshi's Gundam Ultima as he looked it up and down.

Certainly a fierce looking thing, thinking to himself.

"Just hope the fighter doesn't match the machine," then muttering.

Momentarily, Akinkawon began to regret the decision to forgo using the beam spray gun in this match. Good ol' fashion hand-to-hand fighter that he was, he thought no need for it even knowing preliminary, public specs of his opponent's machine. Regretting that decision even more as he stood near the beach where there was little, if any, cover.

And why did he do such a thing to begin with?

A smirk becoming slowly evident on his face as he looked directly at his opponent, eyes boring into hatch as if he could see the pilot inside.

Because Akinkawon came to love a challenge.

Challenges and obstacles were always placed before him. One after another and many at once. And he faced them all. Win, lose, tie or stalemate. He faced everything that came at him.

And now was no different.

"GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY... GO!" The fight referee blared.

On both feet the Luta Livre Gundam suddenly made a single hop in place then began to almost violently shake. Starting from its head and working all the way down to its feet, the whole machine shook.

"YE~OW~!" Akin announced his readiness.

The Luta Livre Gundam suddenly hopped back. Then it hopped forwardback to where it stood. It jumped in placed and the feet spread apart as they hit the ground. Its body bent low to the ground. The right foot stepped directly behind it while the clenched left hand swung forward. Then the right foot went back to its place and the clenched left hand did like wise. The left foot took a step directly backwards and the clenched right hand swung forward. Then the left foot went back to its place and the clenched right hand did like wise. Swaying its body as it did so. Watching from directly above the footwork made a nigh equilateral triangle.

He continued doing this and both his hands scooped up a pile of sand from the beach and then them machine began slapping the sand. It scooped up another pile of sand as it moved in place. This time almost rubbing it into its hands and rubbing it off as if the machine were using talc. Then it scooped up the sand a third time. But, if you were looking hard enough, more than it could pick up and dusted most of the sand off it hands. Leaving a fair amount still hidden in its clenched fists as it return fully to its swinging motion.

"Ready when you are, amigo!" he heartily expressed.

RGM-79G GM Command

(Sorry for taking so long again and for such a short post.)

Ryusei hears the other pilot say he is ready as well and the referee start the match and watches what the other pilot does in his Gundam before having it grab the 90mm machine gun and then has the Gundam run behind a building for cover and leans out slightly and aims at the enemy Gundam's legs before firing four rounds at the other Gundam.

'I should probably see how this guys fights before moving in close to fight. I just hope he doesn't end up dancing more during the fight, although I guess it would be a good time to attack since he'd be open while he is dancing.' He thinks to himself before looking out to see what if anything his attack would do.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
Ziryab

"Tsk," Akin sucked at his teeth. A disappointment borne more from hurt feelings than insult as Ryusei dodged behind one of the buildings after unholstering his machine gun.

Akin meanwhile continued his sway out in the open. Waiting. Holding his clenched fist full of sand in the air knowing Ryusei would likely open fire on him. Why else would his opponent suddenly dodge around a corner with a gun in his hand?

Once the gun began to poke out the Luta Livre Gundam halted in its rthymic pace. Stopping on its foot as it took a step back and turning sideways at the waist, its arms still in the air. The profile view lessened its target area while the bursts of gunfire began whizzing by. Suddenly facing away from the Ultima Gundam (Akin having to turn his Gundam's head sideways to look directly at it), the Luta Livre Gundam made a thrust hop backwards. Away from the line of gun fire as all Ryusei would have to do was tilt his wrist to hit him if Akin continued to stand there.

"Wise move to hide behind a building, menino <boy>!" He taunted, hopping further back and tucking into a backflip. His Gundam now hiding behind a building on the same side of the street as Ryusei upon landing. Still showing a side view of himself to his opponent.

"But you should not be doing that because you think I have a gun," a grin tugging at his lips while his Gundam was still visible behind the one story building Akin chose as his cover as he faced the Neo-Japanese fighter amidst the docks where the tallest buildings around seemed to only be three stories in height.

However, I will give you a few reasons why you should do so anyway, he thought.

RGM-79G GM Command

(OOC: Sorry I forgot to post yesterday.)

"So you don't have one? Well then I guess this should be a close combat fight, I prefer that anyway." Ryusei says as he puts the machine gun away and runs right at the enemy Gundam while avoiding any other buildings in the way. 'Either this guy really doesn't have a gun or he is trying to trick me, doesn't really matter which it is I guess, I just wish I had remembered to bring the shield.' He thinks to himself.

Once the Ultima Gundam is closer to the Luta Livre Gundam Ryusei runs around the building that Akin used as cover so that he can see the enemy Gundam without the building being in the way and runs over to it before punching at the enemy Gundam's left arm with his right fist.
Ziryab

Akin's smile at Ryusei's response quickly began to fade. The Neo-Japanese fighter's Gundam at first began rocketing out from his hiding place and into the open. Like a heatseeking missile the Ultima Gundam tracked the visible Luta Livre Gundam down until he was charging down the alleyway Akin was standing in.

The fist careening towards Akin's Gundam, immediately the Neo Brazilian tilted his body away from Ryusei then towards him. Throwing his body into a sideways flip over his opponent. His Gundam Slamming down on its feet, Akin began to give himself some distance in the crowded space, cartwheeling his way out from behind the building and out into the open street.

I'm likely going to despise that fist of his before the end of this match, coming to a stop and bending low to the ground. Swaying his shoulders back and forth as he waited for Ryusei to join him out in the open while he side stepped back and forth in a half circle.

"I glad to here that," remarking to Ryusei's preference for a close combat fight.

RGM-79G GM Command

Ryusei sees the enemy Gundam dodge his attack by flipping over the Ultima and turns to face the Luta Livre Gundam, "Your not attacking yet? You are pretty good at evading though, I never saw a Gundam move like that before." Ryusei says to Akin before running towards the other Gundam.

'I wonder if he is trying to see how I fight or get me into an area that would help his Gundam. Like since he needs to move around a lot, an open area like this one should be much better. But it doesn't allow much cover for the Gundams.' Ryusei thinks to himself before stopping out of melee range from the other unit and getting into his stance to wait for the Luta Livre Gundam. "You can make the first move now." He says to Akin.
Ziryab

((OOC: Gonna assume that by outside of melee range you mean Ryusei is outside of kicking distance, right?))

"A cautious gambler I,eh?" Akin grinnly questioned as the Ultima Gundam stayed just outside of his Gundam's reach. Akin himself considering to take up Ryusei's offer to make the first move.

"Just remember," Akin's Gundam pitched forward, its hands still clenched with sand inside its fists "you offered!"

The Luta Livre Gundam's right shoulder led off as it pitched forward. Throwing it into a roll as it attempted to close the distance between them. Coming to a stop the Gundam immediately threw it's right leg out in a foot sweep. But the knee was still bent, giving the impression that it was actually attempting to sweep the Ryusei's feet out from under him. Using his left arm, fist punched into the ground, Akin swung the right foot upwards as it made the sweep motion. Lifting and pivoting his body until it had made a complete spin. ending in a handstand kick aimed at Ryusei's chest.

RGM-79G GM Command

((OOC: Yeah that is exactly what I mean.))

Ryusei sees the Luta Livre Gundam making some odd movements while moving closer to the Ultima, 'It may look weird but I guess I can't underestimate him.' He thinks to himself before seeing the other Gundam start a sweep kick and gets ready to put his left arm there to try and block the attack when he sees the other Gundam's leg move up and is suprised to see that the attack went like that causing him to miss his chance to block or dodge it and the Ultima gets hit in the chest causing it to get knocked back and hit a building.

Ryusei then yells while holding his chest before slowly standing back up after he doesn't feel anymore pain from it. 'His attack was confusing I wonder if the whole fight will be like that. If it is I am going to be in trouble.' He thinks to himself before running at the Luta Livre Gundam as fast as he can. 'I'll need to do my best if I want to win this fight.' he thinks to himself before saying, "That was a pretty good attack. Hard to see tell what was going on with it." He then activates the heat emitters on the right hand and punches at the Luta Livre Gundam once he gets close enough.
Ziryab

And hereeeee it comes, Akin smirked as the Gundam Ultima's right hand began to glow.

His eyes widened as the Neo-Japanese Mobile Fighter expediently closed the gap between. The glowing read fist aiming for his head.

In the brief moments between movements Akin pondered his options. Wishing he had some sort of cutting weapon--heat or beam--to cleave away that right hand.

"AY!!" The Neo-Brazilian exclaimed as he immediately performed a squatting duck. One hand slamming to the ground while the other swung across his head. Forearm parallel to the ground and covering his face as the Gundam Ultima's right fist swiftly passed over his head.

"That is some mean right hook you got there, amigo!" The Luta Livre Gundam pitched forward in a single, quick roll.

"A lesser fighter would start having second thoughts by now," he guffawed as his body began to bend backwards while his hands reached over and behind him. From its still crouched position the Gundam made a single half roll backwards--ending with a dual leg kick at Ryusei. Blindly targeting somewhere around his midsection as he began to choose the option of his best defense being an offense that would not let up.

RGM-79G GM Command

Ryusei sees the Luta Livre dodge and then kick at his Gundam's midsection and dives out of the way while turning off the heat emmiters before turning to face the other Gundam, "Well I dodged that one. Now I just need to work on dodging anymore of your attacks." He then gets the left arm's Pile Bunker ready to use if he needs it and then boosts at the other Gundam. "Doesn't the Luta Livre Gundam have any weapons? I've only seen you use the arms and legs of it." Ryusei asks Akin before kicking at the other Gundam's irght arm with his left leg.
Ziryab

"Doesn't the Luta Livre Gundam have any weapons?" Ryusei questioned him as Akin began to stand. His own dual kick dodged. Akin smirked. Depends on what you consider weapons, he thought. In his mind all of his weapons were more defensive than truly offensive weapons in his opinion. And he had no intent on being put on the defensive.

"I've only seen you use the arms and legs of it." Ryusei's left leg rose in a striking Akin's right forearm which he used to block. Sand still held in the clenched right fist.

"Sim! <Yes!>" The Luta Livre Gundam stepped forward with its foot. Swinging forward an at the hips his left arm swung under Gundam Ultima's raised leg. Securely locking it in place with his elbow.

Letting his right arm drop for a moment, Akin stepped back on his right foot and swung his back to Ryusei. Bring up his right elbow to slam it into his opponent's chest as he did.

"MIM! <ME!>"

Once the hit connected he would quickly attempt to continue his attack. Swinging the rest of his body around to face his foe. Dropping his left arm as it held Ryusei's leg and swing it with him. Throwing the momentum of his left into Ryusei's gut in hopes of keeping the Neo-Japanese fighter from retaliating let alone gather his bearings.

RGM-79G GM Command

(OOC: Weird, I thought I posted yesterday. >_<)

IC: After the Ultima's leg is grabbed Ryusei trys to pull it away before he starts pulling on his leg to try and get Akin release the Ultima's leg when he sees the Luta Livre about to hit the chest of the Ultima Gundam and tries to put the arms in front of the attack to block it but saw it to late and the Ultima is hit in the chest by the attack damaging the Ultima's fairly low armor. Ryusei then grabs his chest after his Gundam is hit and yells, 'I got carried away and left myself open, if I keep this up I'll lose very quickly.' he thinks to himself while trying to get ready to counter any other attacks before he feels the Luta Livre Gundam swing around and Ryusei loses his balence.
Ziryab

The sensors going off in his mobile trace suit registered the force of his blow and the object he struck. The feedback halting his elbow more than his harming it since he was not the one being harmed.

There was little time for Akin to exert abstract thought or even comment as he felt his eblow connect as planned. All that he cared for in these moments was following through with his attack. Now was a good time to carry through. Intending to keep Ryusei off balance with as little retaliation from him as possible.

With one hit scored by his right elbow and his back to Ryusei, Akin carried on. Holding the Ultima's left leg, the Luta Livre Gundam left's arm bounced the leg upwards before itself dropping. The Neo Brazilian Gundam swung the left side of its body around to continue attacking its opponent. Coming face to face, the Luta Livre Gundam's left leg swung around until its left foot just behind its opponent's right foot, at the same time the left arm also swung around. Coming up in a circular arc aimed right as his opponent's gut. He may have covered himself after the first blow, as Akin realized within scants seconds, but the Neo Brazilian was unable to halt the momentum of his own attack. Himself choosing to go on with the gut aimed uppercut even if he could.

RGM-79G GM Command

Ryusei sees the other Gundam start to attack again and sees the uppercut heading for his gut and trys to move the arms down to block it as much as they can, however it takes slightly too long and his gut is hit, however the left arm had blocked some of the attack and lowered the force hitting his gut a bit, although it is still enough to make him hold his gut and yell, before looking at the Luta Livre Gundam 'One more hit there and I'll probably lose. So I can't let myself get hit again, I'll need to get free first though.' He thinks to himself, before activating the right hand's heat emitters before punching at the enemy Gundam's right arm in an attempt to get away from it. He then moves his left arm up to block more attacks when he sees the wrist is damaged and can't move. 'I blocked with the wrong area, I guess I can still use the arm, but the left hand is pretty much useless now.' He thinks while his attack goes at the other Gundam.
Ziryab

The Luta Livre Gundam shuddered and reflexively pulled back its right arm. Mimcking Akin's movements as the mobile trace suit ignited pain around his right bicep. Causing the Neo Brazilian to yelp in pain and tighten his muscle after the blow. The ignited, heat emitting right hand causing more damage and pain than a blow normally would.

Teeth clinched, Akin's nose flared. His right arm tightened at the pain as his opponent tried to pull back.

You're not getting away that easy! His lips curled into a sneer.

The Luta Livre Gundam raised its left foot that was behind the Gundam Ultima's right leg. Akin quickly locked his own leg around his opponent's at the knee then leaned forward with the left side of his body. Throwing his shoulder at Ryusei in spite of the other's left arm being used to block.

Upon contact with the Neo Japanese mobile fighter, the Luta Livre Gundam kicked up its right foot and the unit's thrusters activated. Intending not only to keep its opponent close but also pin him should he fall over or charge him into the nearest structure if he continued to stand.

RGM-79G GM Command

Once Ryusei sees the Luta Livre Gundam let go of the Ultima's leg he starts to move away when the Luta Livre Gundam traps his Gundam again, but with it's leg this time and then boosts forward while pushing his own Gundam with it's left shoulder. Once he feels the Gundam moving suddenly Ryusei is a bit suprised before he punches at the Luta Livre Gundam's left leg.

'Damn, if it stays like this I won't be able to get in a good attack. Although I could use one of the knives I guess I'd prefer not to but I guess will if I really need it.' He thinks to himself before turning his attention back to the other Mobile Suit, not noticing the building behind him that they were headed towards.