TFtF Discussion Thread #2

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
The Big Zabowski

-Wants to burn the profile photo for Richard, as it's one of his more crappier..works.-

-_-*

Either way, that image is going to be out of date, as that helmet was wrecked in his little crash-ola. IC wise he's going back to a standard helmet and suit. Fritz, you can whip up a photo of that if you want, or use the new picture I have of him post recovery.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Goose

Hey, you gotta mention dead charecters. Even people like Max Baxter. ^^

... Fritz, I mentioned in my sigup that his hair was white.... -_-

So, can we edit the profiles further after the Trinary is done? There's a lot of backstory for Jack which I worked out but skipped over due to a number of reasons, chief among them being relevance to the plot. <.<
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
Wedge14

I've been waiting forever for you guys to unveil the wiki so I could change the lil mistakes in Panny's profile!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Psyden

Is this Wiki going to be used from now on, as in after we move onto other RPGs, or is this merely for the TotF?

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Cardi Doorl

wonton bob wrote:Very nice. I love the background info on each. Especially the First appearance , last appearance section also the family mentioned ..I assume this will be updated as time goes by.

edit: :lol: I see Max Baxter was included. I would like to see the demise of the dead characters.
Of course it'll be updated, silly ;) The idea was for an RPG Community database that stays up-to-date as the RPG goes along, so we don't have to comb through thick sign-up threads and discussions and RP threads to get information on a character, custom machine, ship, battle, etc.
Goosey wrote:Hey, you gotta mention dead charecters. Even people like Max Baxter. ^^
Yep, because this was meant to be very wiki-like in its absolute completeness, we don't go around pretending a character didn't exist; not even Max Baxter.
wild Goose wrote:... Fritz, I mentioned in my sigup that his hair was white.... -_-
I think I brought that up back when he was making all the character art (and the other Trinary members had the luxury of seeing them well in advance ;)) I don't remember his reply.

Of interest, though, is that that portrait of Jack kinda matches your original Propaganda of Warlords signup.
Der Goosenheimer wrote:So, can we edit the profiles further after the Trinary is done? There's a lot of backstory for Jack which I worked out but skipped over due to a number of reasons, chief among them being relevance to the plot. <.<
Extra help in the form of members doing some help on his/her character's (or characters') individual page(s) is appreciated, so long as you're not conveniently altering something that happened in-RP, or making anything up. I don't want someone to suddenly claim they scored a dozen kills in Apollo.
Poofy Pop wrote:I've been waiting forever for you guys to unveil the wiki so I could change the lil mistakes in Panny's profile!
Aw, you could've gone and done it anytime you'd've liked, dear test driver.
GP10 Hybrid Gundam wrote:Is this Wiki going to be used from now on, as in after we move onto other RPGs, or is this merely for the TotF?
My original idea was for the wiki to encompass all New Board RPGs: that we'd even go back and include the information - however scant - for the SEED, SRW, X, Wing, and G RPGs as well. Getting up-to-date with TftF will alone be a daunting task, though; that's a crapload of information to put together, and a lot of it will have to wait on Dale (hopefully) restoring all the threads that were lost.

If/When the wiki's up-to-date with the RPG, and information need only be addedin little bits at a time as we move forward, then maybe (no promises) we'll bother adding info for the other RPGs. Any future entries for TftF series go in by default, though.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Goose

Ah, I see. Thanks for the details, Cardi. I shall now go forth to conduct enhancements to the backstory of Jack!

Also, the 2nd image that Fritz drew is closer to my interpretation of Jack at the start of Propoganda of Warlords... his hair went white after Loum or Perth, can't remember which. I suppose I can retcon by claiming that since being assigned to the Dervish, he decided to dye his hair so as to try and indicate a new start.

If you'd like, I can help with the ship profiles of the AEUG's Sally Ks...
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have no regrets, this is my only path.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."
wonton bob

:twisted: so we can add info huh. how do we add a pic ? Drossel's pic isn't up but was included in the sign up thread.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Wedge14

wonton bob wrote::twisted: so we can add info huh. how do we add a pic ? Drossel's pic isn't up but was included in the sign up thread.
it's actually quite simple...just sign up to wikispaces and click edit. blah blah blah go to the page you want...click the 'no picture avaliable' place holder then click the picture icon on the top and upload the new picture and replace the placeholder!!

The site is really easy to use...

I'll probably put some work into it...data management is one of my many super sexy skills...so expect to compile a bunch of data and create some streamlined lists and stuff to make things easier.

I'm almost tempted to convert the whole wiki to metric. :twisted:
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
EZero8

Wedge14 wrote:I'll probably put some work into it...data management is one of my many super sexy skills...so expect to compile a bunch of data and create some streamlined lists and stuff to make things easier.

I'm almost tempted to convert the whole wiki to metric. :twisted:
I just think you have too much time on your hands... :wink:
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Fritz Ashlyn

UNTIL THE POSSIBILITY OF A SECTION ROLLBACK IS LOOKED INTO, PLEASE STOP ALL POSTING IN THE RPG. THERE IS A CHANCE ALL POSTS SINCE LAST SATURDAY WILL BE DELETED IF THE ROLLBACK IS POSSIBLE. CARDI AND I HAVE SAVED THE CONTENT OF BOTH THEADS SO THEY CAN EASILY BE REPOSTED IF AND WHEN THAT OCCURS.

WORDS. CAPS LOCK.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Cybaster

Cardi Doorl wrote:
wild Goose wrote:... Fritz, I mentioned in my sigup that his hair was white.... -_-
I think I brought that up back when he was making all the character art (and the other Trinary members had the luxury of seeing them well in advance ;)) I don't remember his reply.

Of interest, though, is that that portrait of Jack kinda matches your original Propaganda of Warlords signup.
I think Fritz's reply to that on the Sign-ups thread was summarized in two words: "Too bad". :P
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

NEW PLAN

Everyone can continue posting! Cardi and I will continue saving the content of both threads as we go. The new idea from upstairs is sort of circumventing the rollback possibility, so please continue posting normally.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Saosin

I've got a question!

I'm new here and I'm writing up a character bio to sign up for TFtF. I have been writing my character for the AEUG, but just out of curiosity, what mobile-suits are available to new characters in the Titans?
Psyden

New AEUG pilots get the MSA-003 Nemo.

New Titan pilots get the RMS-106 Hizack.

EZero8

Only HiZacks are available to new characters for the Titans I believe. Anyways, welcome to Mechatalk!

EDIT: Ninja'd.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Saosin

Well I guess its the AEUG then :D
Psyden

Actually, I just remembered that the AEUG have a single Hizack...

Saosin

I'm actually more into the Nemo idea, I've got a thing for GM-type MS
EZero8

Ok... welcome to the AEUG once you get your profile approved. 8)
Psyden

I like the profile, there, Saosin. My only problem is how radiation comes into play with Stardust, since they dropped a colony, not a nuke.