Round 2, Fight 2: Neo Egypt vs. Corsair State

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Turinu

As the Corsair drew closer to the Osiris, it was time to implement a new defensive attack. Now that the enemy had run through it's heated metal particle mirages, it's armor had been considerably weakened. The Osiris held it's ground as the Corsair charged forwards, Shotels in a sort of "S" formation on the body in an attempt to guard the lower and upper areas of the body, though somewhat poorly due to their shape (though the said shape would allow them to hook the enemy's weapons somewhat).

Just at the last moment as the Corsair was coming in for it's strike against the body of the Osiris, the cloth on the body seemed to expand outwards like needles, twisting and stretching out as far as possible for what cloth was left; while various portions of the Osiris's regular armor were now exposed it now resembled something close to a wall of spikes; one that the Corsair was feet away from crashing into.

Code: Select all

OOC: Attempt 2! ;_;
Heretic

(OOC: accepted)
There was no time to go back on her charge, even if Morgan wanted to stop, the Corsair’s momentum wouldn’t allow it. The two machines collided with the screeching of metal being torn apart. Morgan felt pain spreading across most of her body and the screens in her cockpit shuddered with static lines. The force of the impact hat ripped away her already damaged left arm and the spiked hade driven through most of her armor into the mechanics beneath.

The Osiris’s spikes were so imbedded that the two machines had become almost inseparable.

Morgan’s forward screens cleared just enough for her to see that she was face to face with the Osiris and that her right arm with still in a position to strike. With every last ounce of strength she had left, she moved her arm to stab the Osiris in the head.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

OOC: A bit shorter than the original I had written up, but I hope it'll do.
Unfortunately, they weren't as imbedded as Morgan had first thought. The spike cloth would go limp all around the Osiris (and thusly the spikes within the Corsair would go limp as well) as it would push with all it's might away from the Corsair. Despite this push the beam cutlass would still cut clear across the face of the Osiris; it's head guard and eye cameras melting away as the edge of the blade managed to slash through the front part of its face. The front head guard would fall off as would its face guard; however the head itself was still attached, all be it moderately damaged. The internals of the head were now exposed, and its eye cameras destroyed. Most of the cameras in the cockpit were now defunct and only the cameras on the body were able to pick up any images.

The head wasn't the only part damaged, however. As one of the arms attempted to push back the beam cutlass would dig through it too. The left arm was slashed clear off from the wrist as it fell to the ground, hanging from the damaged arm simply thanks to the cloth wrapped around it. Despite the obvious cringing pain throbbing through Seth's left arm, he had to continue fighting! His teeth seemed like they would crack as he held in the pain, eyes narrowing intensely as he tried to withstand it.

The right arm was still in okay condition, and as the beam cutlass made its first pass, the cloth would slide off of the arm and the Beam Katar in the right arm would activate; Osiris' cockpit would open for better visual confirmation and as the Osiris fell backwards... "Uraaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!" the beam katar would make a slashing motion as he shouted with all his might, in an attempt to slash through its waist and sever it in two.
Heretic

The Osiris letting go of the Corsair had been a mistake. Although damaged, with fluids leaking out of the holes in the Corsair’s armor, Morgan could still move. If the Osiris had kept its spikes rigid, she would have fallen sprawled atop it and possibly suffered more damage, as well as loose all but the most minimal movement. Even as she was, Morgan managed a step back, the swinging beam katar missed its mark, slicing through what was left of the Corsair’s armor at the middle but missing the vital superstructure and what remained of the working mechanics.

What’s more, the Osiris’s slash now put it at a disadvantage. The Osiris’s right arm was now across its body, if it tried to swing agene, the motion would be backhanded. With Morgan standing and the Osiris on its back, there was no way such a strike could contend with her remaining cutlass. She could deflect the beam or sever the arm entirely then fallow through with a killing blow. Even if the Corsair were to collaps from its wounds, Morgan could still direct the fall so that her cutlass stabbed through the Osiris’s head and into the ground behind it. Whatever move she made, it would result in her victory.

In her bloodlust, the Osiris’s open cockpit made a tempting target. But to kill her opponent would result in her disqualification, and she had to win.

She opened her own cockpit and looked at the Egyptian, “Yield!” she shouted down, “I have the High Ground! Any move you make I can dodge and retaliate! I can strike you down before you can stand! You have lost! YIELD!” Taking the Osiris’s head would have been enough for a victory, but Morgan wanted more, she wanted the Egyptian to admit defeat. To surrender, to validate her reasons for being in this torment.

According to the tradition, there was no dishonor in loosing a fight but keeping one’s head. But in this case, if the Egyptian wanted to save face with the other fighters, he would have to give up his pride for Morgan.

OOC: I hope you play along with this, I want to play with the idea of Morgan craving the summation of her opponents.
Turinu

OOC: No surrender for you~! I shall take such blissful fruits and smash them~!

... Gah, my rusty roleplaying skills are starting to take their toll. D:
"Just because one takes the high ground doesn't necessarily mean they are the victor! You need to take the Osiris more seriously! To give up as an Egyptian Warrior is to commit suicide, I shall not do that!" Seth retorted, grinning.

"I shall not yield, rather I shall be defeated through combat... if you can do such! I won't give you the pleasure of your opponent surrendering!"

The cloth still clinging to the left arm began to move and as it solidified, flung the severed portion of the left arm and wrist directly towards the torso of the Corsair, in the area he attempted to slash earlier. At the same time all the remaining extension cloth would begin to solidify into spikes once more, with the Osiris's back-mounted thrusters turning on soon after, pushing it across the ground at a minor pace and burning the backside of the Osiris in order to push itself back.

As it did such the cockpit hatch would close, leaving only the back-up body cameras to show images. The Osiris's cockpit would be able to take a hit from the beam cutlass attempting to cut through, whereas the rest of the body would not; thusly it was safer closed than open, even if he sacrificed most of his visuals.

He did major damage to the Corsair with his previous attack before the slash to its waist. Even though he had a severed arm and poor visual capabilities now, he could still pull a victory from this. The question was while his machine would be able to hold on, how much longer could he?
Heretic

OOC: it’s a bad idea to deny an already enraged pirate maiden.  Do you know the saying, “Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned”?
“Have it your way…” Morgan’s voice was icy cold. The Egyptian was denying her the satisfaction of his surrender; instead, she would take satisfaction from his agony.

Her chest mounted Vulcan cannons were still operational, and she still had a few rounds remaining in reserve. “Cannons! Fire!” She poured every last round aimed at the Osiris’s torso. When her guns fell silent, she offhandedly slashed the arm thrown at her away with her Cutlass. By then the Osiris was attempting to move away. Too little too late. Even with its thrusters, the Osiris couldn’t move fast enough to get away. Gears and actuators screeched with protest, some heating almost to the breaking point and sending even more feedback into Morgan’s body. In a single motion she flipped the blade around in her hand and brought her cutlass back around to strike at the Osiris’s remaining arm, then followed through with a stab into the right side of the torso which she pulled along hopping to gouge the Osiris along its body.

Her intent was fist to disable, then to inflict at much pain on her enemy as possible. The feedback she was feeling would have been agonizing to even hardened warriors, it was noting in comparison to what she had known before. She would have her satisfaction, even if she had to push the Egyptian beyond his threshold for pain.
Turinu

OOC: Found it! :D
Seth had completely forgotten about the vulcan cannons on the Corsair; while he was drawn up in the heat of battle it had completely slipped his mind. The rounds slammed into the covered torso, breaching the remaining cloth and puncturing through portions of the torso. While the main spinal portion of the frame remained unharmed, many vital areas within the torso had been clearly blown out the other side.

Seth held his stomach in pain as he nearly fell onto his knees, managing to stand up through sheer willpower alone. As the cutlass came in to Slash his arm he quickly attempted to twist it out of the way; unfortunately his torso was nearly ruined; the emergency turn failed and the cutlass would cut into the arm, severing it in two. His arms went from holding his stomach then to his other arm holding the cut arm in pain.

As the cutlass came back the Osiris already began to fall backwards; the blade would miss its mark (though there really wasn't much of either arm left at this point). Nearly armless and with a ruined torso, paired with a nearly ruined sensor silhouette, the fight had already been decided; he had lost, and if he went on any longer he'd probably be in more than critical condition.

The Osiris had fallen onto its back, and after a few minutes, leaned up as best it could with it's cockpit open. "Fine!" he shouted after catching his breath, holding his stomach and arm in pain. "I... surrender. I shall not allow my companion to suffer any more damage."
Wingnut

The Neo France referee was not pleased with the outcome. He really wanted to see that Corsair state wench get what was coming to her, however she managed to turn the tables on the Egyptian and force his surrender.
'She must have the devil's luck to win twice in a row like that.'
"This match is now over. The winner is Morgan Burke and the Corsair Gundam!
Crews may now retrieve their fighters and Gundams"
'Enjoy it while it lasts Ms. "Red Star".'
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cardi Doorl

Match Result: Corsair State wins
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!