Round 2, Fight 1: Neo Vatican vs. Neo Hong Kong

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Ziryab

A derisive snort escaped from Ning's shuddering body. The man had paid no attention. Discounting not only her reason for why she remained, but nearly discounting her very being as well.

But his opinion mattered little. Wanting to look outside herself, it meant oh so nothing.

A view window in her cockpit began opening. Showing the view outside her Gundam in its golden hue.

She was beautiful. She was a goddess.

The hands and fingers of her Gundam began to extend. Began to hum and buzz with life and energy. The heat hands came online. Fingertips turning into fingernails. Palms burning a crimson red then brightening to a golden yellow.

"I am not Guan Yin so I am unredeemingly selfish?" Open palm, a hand pointed downwards. Reaching down. A guesture of the Bhumisparsa Mudra, of invoking the very earth itself to bear witness. "I am selfish because I have chosen not to fail others? Chosen not to take their expectations should I fail? Decided to be the only one to bear it all? The pain. The humiliation. The defeats. Even my triumphs. I try to believe in me so no one else may share my burdens!"

An outstretched hand pointed at Michael. Middle and ring finger under her thumb, index and pinkie directed at him. The Tarjani Mudra, a gesture of warning. "As I am in selfish in my own gain, I am selfish in bearing the labor, the burdens, so others may be content. Just as I have done as a friend, a daughter to aging parents, a wife, a mother and now a fighter. Let them be happy and never know of my labor, my pain, my fears. It is for the best. I refuse to let them share what I have taken upon myself."

Her hands level to her chest as the Templar Gundam charged. Open palms with her index and pinkie finger and thumb outstretched upwards. Middle and ring finger reaching for the thumb. The Bhutadamara Mudra, a protection gesture of dispelling whatever is needed to be dispelled.

Her forward foot implanted into ground began sliding. Snow and debris kicking up everywhere as the Gundam's body began to spin with the aid of its thrusters. A thin swirling cloud of mass rising around her. As she done so her vulcans began to fire. Spraying wildly in all directions. An attempt to slow him down or distract him just long enough as he sped towards her. "Harm me if you wish! Demean me as you have! Call me and everything I have stood for 'worthless'!"

Her forward foot sliding along the ground suddenly came up then kicked off to the side. Pushing her to one side perpendicular to her opponent. Quickly, before she could move too far out of range, she kicked in the opposite direction and forward. Moving in a tight triangle she kicked her heel and spun, appearing at the Templar Gundam's back. "But your words and beliefs shall not lay upon them! Not my country. Not my people. Never my family!"

Capitalizing on her position, with thrusters still roaring, she roll flipped at Michael. Coming out of the flip she fired the last remainging rounds of her vulcans. Two legs stretched out as she sought to land upon his shoulder blades at the wings base. Thrusters still going high so once she landed she could force him downwards with weight of her rocketing machine. "Neither Guan Yin nor unredeemable!" she bellowed.

Her hands were revealed to be held in the same mudra of dispellment. Still over her chest. Yet somehow, so suddenly she was sprouting extra arms. First an extra pair. Then two. Then four. Then sixteen. Then more. Waving, oscillating and moving. As if her Gundam had become Guan Yin itself (despite a snapshot or slow motion capture camera showing both her arms moving at tremendous speeds).

A harsh whisper was uttered over the comms, as she displayed one of her final attacks, The Thousand Limbs Strike. "Qiān Shǒu Pú Sà <Thousand Hand Bodhisattva>..."

Like waves crashing upon the shore, craving and taking soil, her hands repeatedly fell upon Michael.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Gambit01

Distracted by avoiding the vulcan shots, Michael lost track of the Gun Fu Gundam as it flipped over his head.

"Tch."

He felt stinging in his back as the shots came down across him, and foreign weight as his adversary landed on him. The sudden impact forced him down to his feet, knees threatening to buckle.

"I am not Guan Yin so I am unredeemingly selfish?" He heard her cry.

"I am selfish because I have chosen not to fail others? Chosen not to take their expectations should I fail? Decided to be the only one to bear it all? The pain. The humiliation. The defeats. Even my triumphs. I try to believe in me so no one else may share my burdens!"

The words almost distracted him from the build-up of power, from her aura telling him he was about to be on the receiving end of something that was really, really going to hurt.

Almost.

Sighing as he knew he had nowhere to go, no where to run with her weight on his back, he mentally prepared to will himself on whatever the damage, even as he thought of a way to rectify this situation.

How can I...what can I do?

"As I am in selfish in my own gain, I am selfish in bearing the labor, the burdens, so others may be content. Just as I have done as a friend, a daughter to aging parents, a wife, a mother and now a fighter. Let them be happy and never know of my labor, my pain, my fears. It is for the best. I refuse to let them share what I have taken upon myself. Harm me if you wish! Demean me as you have! Call me and everything I have stood for 'worthless'! But your words and beliefs shall not lay upon them! Not my country. Not my people. Never my family!"

Then he felt them.

Two hands; four; six; eighteen; eight hundred; on and on the blows fell down, striking his back, his neck, his shoulders. Sensors blared as Michael cried out in pain.

Falling to his knee, he was able to pick up another parting shot, this one verbal.

"Neither Guan Yin nor unredeemable!"

This had officially become a battle of attrition; if this battle wasn't decided within the next five moves, Michael would lose.

Glancing back, Michael 'saw' the Gun Fu Gundam, perched on his shoulder, looking victorious.

"'Worthless'?" Michael said as he brought his shield arm up to the opposite shoulder, instinctively clutching it in pain. "I don't recall calling you, 'worthless', or trying to imply as such. I simply called you pathetic, because you are; pitiful. It is pitiful to see a Gundam fighter so absorbed in their own enhancement that they are unable to see the grander consequences of their actions.

"There was a time when I was similar to you; I only sought after myself, my own enhancement. Only, in my case it was a six-year old street urchin trying to survive. Stealing, extorting; nothing was beneath me. What did I care? I took everything I could, and I gave nothing, just like you; neither my work nor my skills, and neither my misery nor my pain. And because I gave nothing, until I met Father Simon, I recieved nothing. A good thing too, that I met him, because I was failing. All I had to do was support one person, and I was gradually failing.

"So tell me, Gundam Fighter of Hong Kong; if a, dare I say, resourceful and clever street-smart-urchin was unable to bare his own weight by himself, what hope do you have of doing the same to an entire country? Whatever your arguements, your abilities, or your beliefs, you carry more then simply your own ideals with you every time you march out to combat; you carry the hopes and dreams of all of Hong Kong. You are fighting for their future."

He rubbed his shoulder and grimaced.

"A powerful attack; I wonder, how much heavier would the blows have been, had you not been weighed down by a burden you refuse to acknowledge?"

Wait, that's IT!!!!

"Yes, a burden; you do not want their hopes and dreams upon you, 'goddess', so you ignore them even as they are heaped on top of your shoulders despite your protests. Me, this current me, I am different."

A subtle shift of the arm, an unseen spreading of the crossbow's prongs...

"My nation's hopes, dreams, ambitions are not my burden; they are my responsibility, they are my goal; they are my fuel, and my end.

"No, not a burden; they are a support."

A deep breath, as he prepared himself for more pain.

"You sacrifice your nation’s ideals to place yourself on a pedestal to satisfy your delusions of grandeur; I am willing to sacrifice myself for something greater then that very same self, because I know that no matter what I do, no matter where I go, I am NEVER alone."

Another deep breath before the plunge. And it began not with a bang, but a whisper.

"Volley Rain."

Fifteen arrows at high speeds shot out from his own body; they traveled to the left leg of the Gun Fu Gundam.

Without both legs to provide support, she will not be able to use that annoying leaping ability; perhaps this will even the playing field a bit.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Ziryab

Damn this thing! Ning cursed her mobile trace suit.

Pain was rendered into her left leg.

Through forcefully clinched teeth she could be heard. A harsh spat of predatory hisses, hocks and growls. Keeping herself from yelling her pain as she stood atop the Templar Gundam's shoulders.

"Because you were alone," she her voice strained in pain. Knees beginning to buckle. "Given the chance you sought... sought that it would not happen to others, right?" Her left knee began to falter. "So you placed yourself on an idol. Pedestal, statue, alter and all." Her voice barked derisively "Michael the Just..."

Her left leg gave way. Her right arm formed a crook as she began sliding of the Templar Gundam's back. Hooking the Gun Fu Gundam's arm around her opponent's chest. "Instead of being champions with your people. You promoted yourself the champion of your people," her voice calming past the strain. A left arm wrapping around the collarbone. "Again I say, 'I have failed at least a dozen countries,' their champions I have sent back to them in defeat," satisfyingly hissing, into Michael's ear as it were.

"Each one of those fighters have aided in reducing what I once was. My idol has long been nothing but fragments of sand." Her right leg began wrapping itself around the midsection. The left leg was allowed to dangle. The foot of her left leg felt it was resting on something. A prong or knife handle. She was not sure.

"My father told me, 'a gem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a person be perfected with trials.' And my trials in this tournament have been perfecting me! What I have now, what I am now can not be wiped away nor collaspe!" Her body began to move. Backwards her back began to bend. Waist pushing forward. Limbs pulling Michael along as she began her Back Breaking Submission. "Because what remains is truth! Truth to why I have no need for burdens! Nor fuel! Nor support! Truth to why I fight for myself!"

Ning's eyes were gazed skywards. Behind her eyes was everything. All of it coalescing until it became the white and slate gray sky. Despite the pain in her left leg a confident laughter returned to her voice. Was that why this silly choirboy can not understand? She questioned herself. Because he chooses it to exist outside and around of him?

"Truth that makes a 'thatness' to my world! Nothing else exists," she began pushing and pulling her body more. The golden hues of their hyper modes casting an eerie reflection upon the snow. "And you can silence yourself and actual listen! Truly listen to me! Or I can end you right here!" Her voice fell into a harsh whisper, "For then someone as ignorant as you has no right to be called 'Michael the Just'..."

Gambit01

Pain. That was all Michael felt. Pain.

It was all Michael could do to maintain a vertical base; if she leaned him over to the point of where is own back was arched, then he was doubly-done for, from her attack and the second half of his own.

Still, he could grit out words.

"You...are a very confused and confusing woman."

Tears fell out of eyes clenching too hard, but he pushed on.

"I don't know how you come to the conclusion that I place myself on a 'pedistole' or how I've promoted myself as some kind of 'champion'. I don't even know where I picked up that name of 'the Just'; I am simply Michael, a man who's own faith and moral values mean more to him then his life, and among those moral values is living up to my resonsibility. If my responsibility as a Gundam Fighter in living up to the obligations of my country makes me a 'champion', then so be it.

"But how you go from complaining about 'deminishing' what you once were to 'perfection' is beyond me. What perfection? Perfection as a fighter? No such thing; there will always be flaws, always something in your style that someone else can take advantage of. Perfection as a person? Part of being a person means interacting and sharing with people, something you by your own admission have no interest in doing. So where exactly is this perfection you boast of? Maybe its in feeling sorry for yourself? That's all this conversation has proven, as every tale from you, this entire debate began with your 'woe is me' trite."

Michael choked on his next words; debates were all well and good, but something had to give soon, and he doubted it was her grip.

"If you wish to fight for yourself and yourself alone, then do so; improve your skills to the best of your ability. There is nothing wrong with that. However, for you to be fighting for such things, and only such things in a place like this, where the lives, hopes and dreams of not just the nation you refuse to ackowledge, but of the entire world is at stake, is almost unforgivable, and beyond repungent. Someone like you can not win, must not be allowed to win; in a place where winners herald a new age, any age your victory will bring will be one of lonely bitterness and greed."

Pretty words, but time was running out for Michael.

How can I get her off? And how is her bad leg not...

A shifting of his leg caused him to brush against something.

Clever woman.

Biting his lip hard enough to draw blood, he sent the command.

Eject

He felt the knife pop out, and the resulting shifting of balance as the Gun Fu Gundam was tossed forward.

Physics is fun.

Gripping the Gun Fu Gundam around its now exposed neck with his good arm, Michael flipped his opponent over his head and leaped back.

"Ever hear of the saying, 'what goes up, must come down'?"

Michael pointed up, watching with satisfaction as 'Volley Rain' lived up to its name and pelted down from the sky.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Ziryab

Sprawled on her back she saw something... No! Somethings!--falling from the sky. Rapidly descending, their bright, colored specs of light distinguishing them from the slow drifting snow.

When did that happen!

Ning attempted to tuck in her head and pull her knees inward. Her left leg still hang and unable to reach her chest as her right leg did. Nonetheless she began to roll to the side. Over debris, upturned asphalt, abandoned cars, street signs and lamp posts.

She was unable to tell how many of those screaming streaks of beam there were. Just so much as she could avoid them.

Unfortunately not all of them could be avoided. The beams streaking and bombarding her back, shoulder and dangling left leg. It took her a few seconds later to realize the screaming had stopped. The bombardment ending.

Stomach down the Gun Fu Gundam began to uncurl itself. Splaying atop the snow covered ground. Panting...

"I speak...," hands clenching then splaying. Pushing herself up from the ground. "I speak a perfection of oneness..."

Slowly she began to rise. Awkwardly at first. Wanting not to place weight upon her left leg. "I need no burdens. No support. No ideals. No responsibility. I need none of those because I do not fight for my people."

She began standing upon her own two feet. Heavily leaning her weight upon the right foot. Only the toe of her left foot lightly touching the ground. "I fight with my people. I fight for me because I fight for them. From the moment I stepped into this arena we have been fighting alongside one another! I with them. They with me."

For a moment her stance was beginning to falter. The Gun Fu Gundam crashed onto its knees. "And together we shall continue fighting no matter how much my body hurts." Its hands placed themselves upon the ground once more. Pushing itself upright."Even if this machine gives out..."

Erect once more, her hands began to cross over towards her waist. "Even if I must abandon this Gundam and fight you on foot." Unholstering and unsheathing the handle of her beam jian and a single beam pistol. "I fight for myself BUT not myself alone. I fight for myself because what stands before you is not just," her voice quaked, "it is not just me but everyone! Everyone who stands before you and declares themself one of my people is here within me!"

"This is the perfection I have found." In an exasperated sigh vents expelled themselves. A swirling wind worked itself about her. "A perfection that, I, Ning Qiu Ouyang never stands alone!" Despite the pain it caused, she settled the left foot down solidly. Oh how much she wanted to yell in pain. "Right here. Not far away. Not away in space or the crowd. They do not exist neither outside nor away from me. But right here! Besides me... within me... is all of us. All of Neo Hong Kong and Hong Kong stand with me. Just as I stand with them. Understand? Every last one of us has arrived to do battle with you... I can not seperate their lives, their dreams, their hopes from me because they became a part of me! Myself has become united with that--not just within my mind but my verying being! I am not alone in this fight because that concept does not exist! It's existence is as foreign and different as you and I are to one another."

Boldly she took a step forward on her left foot. Forcing herself not to yell nor stumble. "Together my people and I shall continue long after I choose to surrender!" The swirling funnel of wind picked up. Making its presence fully known by the uplifted snow caught in its form.

Between her thumb and index finger she gripped her weapons. "And together, in a place where winners herald a new age, my victory shall not be won by one person but millions! The future will not be created by myself alone but by all of us!"

Allowing her to perform the Varada and Abhaya mudras. An outstretched palms, both pointed towards Michael, held downwards at her waist and the other at shoulder height respectively. A gesture of fulfilment--charity and reassurance from fear respectively. "That is my truth! That is why I fight for myself! Why I can fight for myself. Because in the end I do not fight for myself. Because the person that is Ning Qiu Ouyang. The people of Hong Kong. The people of Neo Hong Kong. They are one. And I've learned not to have that any other way."

Gambit01

Michael just smiled sadly and shook his head.

"Maybe it's just that exhaustion is getting to me, or maybe it's the cultural barrier, but for the life of me I can't understand how what you just said made any sense with what you've been saying. You've gone from 'fighting alone' to 'deminishing' to 'perfection' to 'being one with everyone' in the span of minutes. I won't even get into how you went from refusing to take other people's burdens to now joining them; you embedded that particular arguement into my neck.

"Further debate is pointless; you either can't make up your own mind, or are unable to clearly speak it. Besides," he added, "This fight is over."

Standing up, the vents released steam trying to eleviate the stress on the Templar's joints.

"Your machine has no flight capabilities, and you are far too dependent on flipping and leaping attacks regardless. That leg will last what, thirty seconds? A minute? Whatever your reasons for fighting, that ability to fight is being drained from you by the second; standing like that doesn't help much."

Michael supressed a grimace as he took a firmer grip on his sword; his arm was hardly in any better position, and that attack from Ning earlier almost sealed his fate. Nonetheless, Michael had every reason to be confident.

"If you don't back down, I'll be forced to end this decisively," he warned, raising his beam-edged sword despite his shoulder screaming in protest.

Something caught his eye directly between the two of them. Eyes widening in recognition, Michael began to form a plan...
Ziryab

((Wow... I think I need to buy a muse or something. >.> Feels like I dropped my ball with this post. >.<;;))

"Some two hundred countries and territories in this tournament," she meekly chortled. "The possibilities of cultural barriers may be an understatement..."

"So I'm not surprised you may not be able to understand," attempting to keep herself together. "And though I may wish to back down so much at the moment," her body wavering. "They would never allow me to do such a thing. The only we can stop this is by you 'ending this decisely' or my machine gives out. Both of which seem imminent."

Ning kept a close eye on the Templar Gundam through the increasing wind and swirling snow. As his sword began to rise her body began shifting to her right leg. The knee bending slightly. She kept her waist level so not to be leaning to one side. This was her last move and despite her pain she was determined to pull this off--if not lose.

Ning may not be able to fly. Was limited to one leg. But that did not mean she was still grounded. One leg still worked. Her thrusters were still online. And they were in a city.

She cleared her mind, her heart pounding in joy at this possibility--and a bit in exhaustion too-- as she gripped her weapons tighter. Michael could fly as high as he wanted, but he was in a city and he fought not just some fighter but an acrobat and gymnast (though somewhat limited by circumstance).

"Please," she offered, "continue and do as you seem to see fit."

Gambit01

"Very well," Michael calmly said.

With snow being raised by his movements, the Templar's legs were seperated in a fighting stance, the left ahead of the right. Michael held the beam sword horizontally, pointed slightly downwards. To help eleviate the stress on his bad arm, he balanced the blade along his good arm.

Hidden from view was the beam knife that his empty hand could draw at a moments notice.

For a brief while, he didn't do anything, simply staring straight ahead at his enemy, gauging the distance.

Then he charged.

Moving forward quickly, Michael dipped his foot down, kicking up more snow as if to leave an intimidating trail behind him; it served to cover up the object he was dragging along very well...
Ziryab

Michael's deliberate stalling as drove Ning on edge.

Letting her hear the roar of her machine and the howling wind it created.

In the span of moments of waiting for him to strike like a viper she hunkered down. Mind and body alike. Resolving herself from the nervous quakes her right leg bent further. The Gundam steadily lowering itself to the ground.

She shuffled the beam jian and beam pistol in her hand. Almost dropping one as she placed them in her right and left hand, respecitively.

The moment he jetted forward, a boom of engines with violent trail of snow behind him, the Gun Fu Gundam began to lean to the right. The left hand with up in an out held fist as it held up the beam pistol.

It then threw itself, with its right leg and aid of its thrusters towards the nearest building. Blindly she fired in the Templar Gundam's general direction as she went.

Ning held out her right hand and foot as she collided with the building. The machine's weight forcing most of it's decaying structure inwards before she rebounded off it.

She pushed off and ignited thrusters again, for a moment her back to Michael as she fell to the opposite building. Her body made a full revolution as the Gundam collided with this building.

She then pushed off again, as she had done before. Her beam pistol fired again as she spun three times before colliding into the opposite building.

The buildings were beginning to crumble further inward, forcing her to push off towards another building. Spinning in four times as many revolutions as she did. Snow and light debris following her movements and swirling about her.

Upwards she moved, rebounding with her right foot and hand, sometimes using the left hand as well. Each time spinning faster and faster as she rebounded. The spinning top of a machine turning attempting to create its own whirlwind.

I may not be able to fly, she told herself, but that does not mean I your flight will be without turbulence. If she could get high enough before him maybe, she could even fall upon him from above. Otherwise there may be no way she would be able to reach him.

Gambit01

(OOC: Sorry this was up so late; real life has been kicking my ass))

Michael was appropriately impressed; and shocked.

Watching the Gun Fu Gundam--no, it's pilot--suck up the pain and, despite an incredibly damaged leg, jump around like that was certainly inspirational, and very daring--to say nothing of guts and fortitude--but there was one fatal flaw, Michael knew, in this strategy.

Her leg cannot possibly sustain the stress of a landing, not in that condition.

Michael was soon to realize, however, that landing was very much not what Ning had in mind.

In fact, to coin the phrase, the elevator was going up.

Three shots came his way, but they were wild and he had no cause to stop nor dodge.

Her next shots, as she began to pong herself between two buildings, were far better placed and he had to spin out to avoid them, effectively stopping his charge.

No sense charging forward when she's above, anyway. Michael thought rirely.

As he spun though, he did some quick mental calculations...and hurled his sword at where he believed Ning's beam pistol would be.

Much like the Gun Fu's leg, the Templar's arm was an impact away from being useless. He had no intention of potentially wasting a huge swing just for Ning to block the strike with her own blade. Not when he had something better literally at his feet.

That pistol though, could make all of this useless, so it would be better to get rid of it.

By all means, get above me, Michael mentally encouraged, You won't be able to run up there; and at this distance, there is nothing that dodges my Burst Attack...

Michael brought a foot close to the object he carried along with him, long since buried in both the snowfall and Michael's charge.
Ziryab

(('s alright. But you did luck out. =P My friends kept me away from home during the dead line of my ultimatium. XD))

At times one had to thank technology such as this. Despite the continual spinning of her machine the cameras offered a clear, and non-spinning picture. Cutting down on any possible dizziness she would have normally felt and allowing her to see her surroundings as anything but a blur of colors. And somehow ((thanks to G Gundam physics XP)) she could see past the flurry caused by her finally attack. Beyond the flurry of snow and debris being picked up and spinning about the whirlwind, slowly soldifying into a viewable funnel, she created around herself.

It was how, despite the machine's multiple revolutions, she watched almost helplessly as the hurled sword tore through her beam pistol. Leaving her hand holding the destoryed pistol's butt as it continued flying past her. And in the seconds that the sword sped away from her the remaining butt in her hand was release and attempted to grasp it before her spinning took her away from it.

Almost.

The Gun Fu Gundam's fingers coming upon the hilt.

Almost.

The tips of it's fingers threw the sword's flight off course.

Dammit

The swords course and her moving in different directions.

Perturbedly she gritted her teeth. A panel on her thigh slid open and she reached for the second pistol. One last time her body crashed into a building. This time on its roof before her spinning form rebounded into the air.

The side to side spin vaulting of her body stopped in mid-air. The Gun Fu Gundam still spun. Faster and faster than before it went. The funnel the machine was creating elongated. Touching down onto the ground. It form solidifying into snowy colored tornado. Wind strong enough to life up the larger pieces of debris and vehicles with some ease. Slowly ripping signs and light poles from the ground.

The storm was like a howling beast, strutting from side to side, snarling winds and rending structures.

Suddenly the storm lifted. Off the ground. Twisting, turning and shaking the swirling funnel turned itself horizontal.

"Fēng Bào Lóng Lǒng Bù <Storm Dragon's Terror>!" Her amplified voice roaring above the storm's.

The animal she existed inside descended into a sort of sideways belly flop

"HAO BIAO <GRAND WHIRLWIND> !!!!"

Gambit01

Michael felt it....he felt his Gundam start to be pulled into the wirlwind.

She pulls me in and attempts to take me out with her beam sword and pistol. Good thing I took care of the last, Michael thought, unaware that during her spinning, the Gun Fu Gundam removed a spare.

Still, I only have a couple seconds left...

The Templar Gundam kicked his foot up; piles and piles of snow were shifted aside, as the object he had been dragging along since his charge shot up in front of his face. His bad arm reached out....

....and grabbed his shock lance by the handle.

Aim for the center; pull of the storm is at it's weakest, and that's where she'll be.

The gold hue became brighter, as Michael charged forth at full-speed; the second-fastest Gundam going all out with the fastest charge of all the Gundams.

"BURST ATTACK!!!!"

Michael rocketed forth, wings half-spread, half-folded; flames burst forth from the vents as he charged, lance aimed right for the center....
Ziryab

Right now she wanted to laugh. But did not entirely have the energy for it.

Instead a soft chortle bubbled up as her arms spread out to the sides. Her targeting systems tracking him. A part of her perturbed that he was standing there.

The whirlwind she encased herself in began to fall downwards, sweeping to the side as it did so. She did not trust this whatever disabilities this man incurred. Let alone his standing there. Which is why she had not dropped directly atop of him as she had done two others. And why she not expect him to stand there in confused awe and speculation as one other had done.

No. This man had held a sword at her. Attempted to charge at her. Threw with possibly percision intent.

Like a serpent, Ning guessed Michael would wait for the opportune time to strike back at her.

And this was why she did not trust him.

Hit or miss, her Gundam would force itself to power down. No chance to fight on even if she could.

So she took no chances. Almost wanting to thank her limited search capabilities, for once, even. It would never make her a suit a sniper or sharpshooter, but it would try and hold true the closer you were. And right now, while the Gun Fu Gundam spun it's way towards the Templar Gundam, armed outstretched, she gave faith into the targeting system.

Beam jian fully igniting, her beam pistol taking aim as well.

I'm making an exception for you, she mentally directed at him. Changing this attack yet again. Not only did she not directly pounce upon her opponent this time but she was now taking aim to fire the beam pistol first rather than last. Halting him or pinning him down in one spot until she could get close enough to tear into him.

"BURST ATTACK!!!!" He cried. Rocketing from the ground.

The culmination of why she did not trust him on full display. Charging at him like that. Why she quickly began squeeze the trigger before her shots could be lined up by the machine's system to compensate for its radical spinning.

The chortle in her throat bubbling into a frustrating roar.

Gambit01

She had a spare?!

The wild beam shots missed him at first, probably due to the suddeness of his attack, but Michael knew it was only a matter of time; it was a struggle to keep the Templar in a straight line, charging right towards his spinning target, and there was no way to dodge once Burst Attack had started to begin with. He was committed to this attack, come hell or highwater.

The shots were missing, but as he got closer and closer, they missed by narrower margins. Finally, they were close enough to hit.

Michael grimaced as he felt the beam shots randomly burn along his back, bounce off his shield, shave off bits of his head, come dangerously close to out-right taking it out. But there was only so many times she could have shot at him before the lance reached her.

And reach her it did.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Michael cried as he used the last bit of life in his arm to thrust forward...
Ziryab

Like a fist to her gut the mobile trace suit registered the piercing lance strike that jutted into the right side of her torso. Right into spin of her machine's body.

The wind expelled from her lungs as the Gun Fu Gundam curled its body around the weapon like a dead spider. The Templar Gundam had stabbed into the spin of her machine's body and as a result she continued to spin, with the lance and Michael in tow, rather than being jerked into a complete stop.

Not yet, she told herself. Moving her arms. Unable to reach her with her beam jian. Desperately taking aim with her pistol as her body curled. Unable to even yell or utter, merely wheeze and gasp for air from the blow.

Together the two of them spun out of control in the center of a raging and bucking whirlwind. Slowly it began to dissapate.

Unable to reach with her beam jian, she took aim at his head with the targeting system. Her own eyes welling up with water from the pain. As soon as they vertical she weakly flicked the ignited jian at him with her wrist. Hoping it would at least distract him long enough to squeeze the trigger.

Not... yet.., through watering eyes, focus

Gambit01

I'm getting sick, Michael thought. The centerfuge prevented him from simply letting go of his lance, though on the bright side, he got her.

Now if I could only squeeze the handle to send out the 'shock', he thought wryly.

Then he noticed they were gradually slowing down. Desperately shaking out the cobwebs and ignoring the wrenching pain in his arm, he knew he had to act now, knowing that his next actions were...well, were really going to hurt. A lot.

Michael slowly moved his free limb into an awkward angle, and ejected the knife in it's elbow; it went flying into the Gun Fu's direction, whether blade-first or handle-first fate would deside. Even has he did that, Michael braced himself and squeezed the handle of his lance, sending out the 'shock' impulse along all but the handle.

That was it for his arm, and he felt the searing pain of it being wrenched out of his socket; had it not been for the automatic shut-off systems, there was a strong possibility of Michael going into shock. With noting holding him and the spinning slowing, Michael went flying.

He didn't go flying fast enough, and the beam jian found itself imbeded into his other shoulder. To be more accurate, it found itself halfway between his remaining shoulder and neck; had Michael's Templar's arm not ripped when it did, his 'head' would have been taken off it's 'shoulders'. Meanwhile, the beam shot tore a neat whole into his left ankle. Michael was unable to restrain a scream in pain as he the violent winds ripped him away.
Ziryab

"So," Ning attempted to sit up. Her body, and her machine, was still twitching uncontrollably from the lance's electrocution. It seemed that the Templar Gundam's lance had some sort of device much like a taser gun installed into it.

"I believe we are done," absent mindedly speaking over the comms though she was really talking to herself.

Looking around inside her machine's cockpit, video windows flashed and flickered. A particular set of them overlapping the ones reporting to various forms of damage her Gun Fu Gundam sustained. They told her of her Gundam going into immediate shutdown. Drained both by her Grand Whirlwind and a sudden electrocution. Drained as her own body was from this ordeal.

Looking around her beyond the cockpit she was lodged into an impact crater. Gazing at broken asphalt, abandoned cars, fallen lamp posts and signs and the city's system underneath.

Somewhere around those fallen posts was the lance that had dislodged from her body during the crash. And somewhere else amongst all this wreackage was her pistol which feel from her hand somewhere between the electrocution and her crash landing.

She had landed here shortly after her electrocution, which seemed to have suddenly and immediately cut off her slowly dissapting whirlwind caused by her Mobile Fighter. Temporarily shorting the machine for precious seconds. Trying to uncurl herself from the second feedback given from her mobile trace suit (the first being the lance stabbing into her), Ning desperately attempted to make her body go limp as she felt herself falling. Limply grabbing onto built-in handlebars in her cockpit as her body felt freefall from the inside.

In a breakfall and in a manner worthy of the doomed cinema hero in a Hong Kong action film, the Gun Fu Gundam spectacularly crashed into the ground below.

Now, meekly the machine attempted to sit itself upright in its own crater. Shuddering and twitching, tt's legs began to slide and fold before it. The arms and hands slid under one another, craddling just below the belly button.

Defeated as she was, unable to carry on with her Mobile Fighter starting to shut down on her, Ning attempted to take it in stride. Placing her machine into a lotus meditation position as it soon shut down. It's emerald eyes flickering for scant moments before becoming dull and cold as her own eyes closed and all the machine's operations save for emergency backup power (which was nowhere near enough or capable of putting the machine back into the fight for one more hurrah) was online.

The Gun Fu Gundam came to a complete halt as it shutdown. Settled into it's lotus position not only for show to her opponent and the audience. But to help calm herself. Her nerves. Her pain. And above all her frustration.

She had made it this far and was fighting against the best the world had to offer. She tried with all her might to believe--to tell herself that this was only her second fight. That...

I will have another chance, she told herself. In the sequel. She grinned.

Wingnut

The German official had a almost impossible task of keeping up with the Gundams as they activated their final attacks on each other. Mostly because of the whirlwind caused by the Gun Fu Gundam. Indeed he did not see the final blow, however it was obvious from the position taken by the Neo Hong Kong fighter that she was admitting defeat and that her Gundam was no longer able to continue fighting.

"This match is now over. The winner is Michael the Just and the Templar Gundam!
Crews may now retrieve their fighters and Gundams."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cardi Doorl

Match Result: Neo Vatican wins
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!