Round 2, Fight 1: Neo Vatican vs. Neo Hong Kong

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Round 2, Fight 1: Neo Vatican vs. Neo Hong Kong

THIRD GUNDAM FIGHT
ROUND 2, FIGHT 1
NEO VATICAN vs. NEO HONG KONG

- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -
- Center City (Downtown) -

December 6th, FC 16

Center City in the Future Century was quite as thoroughly urbanized as its Anno Domini counterpart. The area was damaged repeatedly during the turbulence of the pre-FC wars, prompting what was left of the city's inhabitants (those who hadn't fled to Neo America's space colony) to avoid the area, for the most part. Though largely rebuilt, it has remained mostly empty since - an eery museum of pre-FC architecture. The only hint of any damage whatsoever is actually not directly related to the pre-FC wars: two buildings are still little more than rubble ever since Neo Argentina defeated Neo Myanmar in the elimination phase just a month ago - both had been following leads to find the reigning nation's representative when they ran into each other. The rest of the area, however, is untouched.

A light snow fell in the early-morning hours as crowds gathered to watch the upcoming fight. The speaker systems crackled to life with the voice of the announcer.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first match of the second round of the Gundam Fight finals! The first round is over, and what a round it was! In the second round, we're sure to have victorious fighters defending their undefeated stances, and defeated warriors hoping to reverse their fortunes!

"And it just so happens that we have an example of each in this fight. On one side, we have Neo Vatican's Michael the Just in the Templar Gundam, who came away victorious over Neo Liechtenstein in the previous round.

"If Michael wants to remain undefeated, he'll have to hold out against Neo Hong Kong's Ning-Qiu Ouyang in the Gun-fu Gundam. Ouyang was defeated last round by Neo Germany's representative, and must surely be out for blood to remedy this!

"The arena is a large section of urban Philadelphia. The rule, as usual, is to destroy or remove the opponent's head, or otherwise render him incapable of fighting. Ladies and gentlemen, I won't waste any more of your time. Will the challengers please enter the combat area and signal readiness to the referee!"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ziryab

—Ning-Qiu Ouyang—
—Neo Hong Kong—
—Gun Fu Gundam—

Purposely she strode into the arena. Strutting with one foot before the other. Arms swaying in tune with her gait. Hands loose at her sides. Tightly clenching a few times. Relenting to open palms.

"BEGIN."

Authoritatively commanding the referee the moment she stepped into the arena's designated boundary.

"NOW."

Desire clear by the low growl in her tone.

She continued without stopping.

Still far enough to be within regulation distance from her foe before the match officially begins. Yet slowly, methodically she would be nearing that mark soon.

Hungry eyes locked onto her opponent.

Targeting systems yet to be turned online. Madly she waited for the signal.

Despite her jaw wanting to clench, teeth needing to grind, she resisted. Not tensing her muscles as she made her way. One foot lightly touching the ground before the weight followed. Knees and elbows bent.

And still she continued.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Gambit01

When he knelt before Cardinal Simon, Michael's mind was still wandering to his awkward moment with Cheoco; in fact, the abnormially cheerful girl had been in his mind all day, and frankly, he was worried; he should have been studying up on his Hong Kong adversary.

"What have you determined of the represenative of Neo Liechtenstein?" The Cardinal asked with all the grace and dignity of a master to his apprentice.

"Innocent, almost naively so," Michael answered immediately.

The Cardinal nodded.

"Innocence can have its place in leadership, but not at the expense of common sense. Continue to be vigilent."

"Yes, Father."

"Now go forth, and remember; think not of victory, unless you find the person to be unexceptable."

The Templar Gundam stepped out, wings folded as it faced its Hong Kong foe. Michael now stared hard at this opponent, this time opting to allow-her, wasn't it?-to make the first move. He raised his lance to signify that he was ready.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Wingnut

The Neo German judge was a bit surprised at the harshness at which Ning-Qiu Ouyang had signaled to him, but considering how humiliated she was defeated at the hands of his own country's representative, it wasn't that unexpected.
The Vatican fighter, naturally more respectful, signaling him was the cue he was waiting for.
"GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY... GO!"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Ziryab

It registered little in Ning Qui's mind. The judge official signaling the match's beginning did not resonate in her hearing. Yet her opponent was ready. For her that was enough to begin.

Her stride continued unabated from the moment her Mobile Fighter took its first step into the arena.

She continued in a straight line towards the Templar Gundam. Batting aside rubble with a the side of her Gundam's foot or slapping aside with the hand.

Onward she continued. Attempting to maintain a steady, calm breath. Breathing with her entire lung capacity. Eyes focused not just on her foe but the surrounding landscape. But he was her main focused. Weapon systems had deftly locked on to the compeiting machine. Impassively waiting for the order to fire, whether by means of the head vulcans or engaging her beam pistols.

Yet she continued walking as she began. Hands at her side and one foot crossing in front of the other. Nearing closer and now about the equivalent distance of a city block away if the machines were human sized.

Gambit01

Michael turned his full attention to his foe upon the signal from the referee. Yet beyond re-arranging his grip on his lance so that he held the actual handle, he did nothing.

He stared impassively at his opponent, almost curious as to what she was going to do next.

She's just marching....attempting to intimidate? Impress? Force a reaction?

Michael simply waited, though his grip on his lance tightened.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Ziryab

It seemed the Templar Gundam was doing much of nothing as well.

Unless you count standing there holding up its, something.

For a brief moment Ning almost wanted to stop at Michael's response. For a longer moment a voice in the back of her head caused her to question her self and her strategy.

But both currents of dissent were quickly snuffed out as easy as making her Gundam take another step forward. Continuing its methodical march onward.

The only change in her repetitious stride was her arms lightly swinging to the center of her waistline with each step. A bit of precaution she considered. The swing would easily aid the movement each arm in blocking or redirecting whatever attack her opponent finally decides to make.

As for what sort of attack it may be, she forced such contemplation out of her mind. All she needed to know is that she would be attacked. When and how it came mattered little beyond the fact that it was happening.

And until that attack came, she would continue unabated.

Gambit01

Michael was thorughly confused now.

Is she just going to continue until we're nose to nose? Perhaps she has some attack that requires us to be close.

Now he was very annoyed with lack of ability to get Cheoco out of his mind; his opponent probably had various advantages over him now, while all he knew was that this was one of the few Gundams slightly faster than his own.

Well, he had remained still till this point; might as well remain still some more.

He raised his lance so that it pointed directly at her, but otherwise made no change in position; certainly not to adequetly charge forward.
Ziryab

((You meant lowered his lance and not raised, right?))

It would have seemed that the Templar Gundam was about to make its first real move. Lowering its lance until it pointed directly at the Gun Fu Gundam.

For a brief moment Ning halted her trudging. Stopping in mid-step for a moment. Resisting the urge to jump aside. Wanting to see what her opponent did first. Even if that meant waiting until the last minute.

Nothing happened.

She finished her movement. Her foot gently coming down to the ground. Followed by another. Then another.

She continued her march. Possibly nearing the distance of the lance's point.

Her arms slowly rose, lightly crossing over until they were folded over each other.

Am I making you nervous? Ning said in her head. Though wanting to taunt him out loud. Instead she kept walking towards him.

Why not? She grinned to herself.

"Am I making you nervous?" Her voice sounding more like a command than a taunt.

Gambit01

((OOC: Uh, yeah I did. :o ))

"Am I making you nervous?" Her voice sounding more like a command than a taunt.

"Nervous?" Michael repeated, his voice sounding light and...jolly?

"Not really. Curious now..."

It was then Michael attacked; the only thing he knew about this Gundam was that it was slightly faster than his own, and with most of his own offense depending on speed, he would have to take her by surprise. And now with this enemy Gundam so close, the Templar charged at, for normal mode, full throttle, the shock lance pointed directly at the enemy's head.

"...most defintely."
Ziryab

"Nervous?" Michael replied lightheartedly. Which almost brought an annoyed sneered to Ning's face as she looked at the lowered lance. Trying not to tense up as she neared closer to its point. Her knees bent a bit more as she continued.

"Not really," Michael continued, "Curious now..."

The halt in his voice causing Ning to slow her approach in mid-stride.

It was something often used in films throughout her career, whether she was a stunt woman or a member of the title cast. The dramatic pause in speech.

A virtual telegraph to one's oncoming attack.

And given the nature of this tournament--what she called "a headhunter's ball," Ning knew precisely what to do. Doubting that the Templar Gundam's fighter would skewer her head rather than wait for her to get close enough to step on his foot.

Her body, followed by her Gundam, jerked back. Barely seconds before the lance thrusted forward.

The Gun Fu Gundam bent backwards. At the waist. Continued until its back was parallel ((or is that perpendicular? Whichever... >_<;;)) to its waist. The folded arms swung out to the sides and behind its back while the knees bent.

A bout of laughter erupted from Ning as the lance began passing over her. Despite it nearly taking off her face. But her laughter was not intended for Michael. It was caused by the thought of that of all the tournaments fighters, how many were this flexible? Or even more so as she would soon prove.

From a side view, and within the scant couple of seconds of completed the manuevar, it looked as if the Gun Fu Gundam was impersonating a low lying coffee table. And just as she was settling into that position, the lance still passing over her, her Gundam's left leg kicked upward at a ninety degree angle ((assuming Michael's a righty)) hoping to kick Templar Gundam's hand or outstretched arm in an attempt to part him from his lance.

Gambit01

Michael had many attributes that made him, like everyone else who had made it this far, one of the best Gundam Fighters alive today. He was fearless in battle, a brilliant tactican, skilled in weaponry, and of course fast. While he lacked the 'ruthless' aggression that the legendary warriors of old had, in the eyes of the Neo-Vatican that simply made him even more qualified.

However, there was one attribute that set him apart from the other candidates to pilot the Templar Gundam.

The ability to think on his feet, to instinctually adapt to any changes of the situation.

So to say he wasn't impressed, or even out-right shocked, that what the thought was a sure-fire match ender would be one of the biggest lies the world had ever heard, right up there with, "No new taxes," and "I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman."

Fortunately, though the logical part of his mind went numb with inaction, the instinctual part was ready and waiting.

Not even realizing what he was doing, Michael allowed his lance to be kicked out from his hand, forcing it up. He brought his left hand, however, towards the bent over Gun Fu Gundam. The Beam Bow hooked under the shield spread itself open as it fired a single round at the Neo-Chinese opponent.

Even as this was happening and the Templar continued to sail over his opponent, Michael ejected the right elbow beam knife and swiftly bringing it down, grabbing the beam knife by the handle and hurling down towards the enemy.

"VERY curious." Michael finished as he sailed away, front-flipping so as to land on one knee and one foot with his back to Ning, hand clutching at the hilt of his Beam-edged sword.
Ziryab

She couldn't avoid the shot but she decided as to what it would hit. Twisting and turning at the waist. The beam arrow hitting the outside of her thigh.

Yet that did not keep the shock and pain from sending her body into a brief spasm. Causing her to sprawl from her contortion stance, dropping immediately to the ground.

What the hell was that, something flying by her cameras ((the beam knife)) as she involuntarily writhed on the ground for a moment. Missing her chaotically moving Gundam.

Not taking any chances--just incase it was a gernade of some sort--immediately began to roll in the opposite direction of it. Amidst her side rolling her legs and arms began going behind her back. Her body began to form an 'O' while she used the momentum to not only roll herself upright but forward. Now rolling along the ground like a human wheel.

She propelled herself forward, the targeting and tracking system aiding her in Michaels direction. Manuevering herself--her head going under her shoulder blade and turing her head slighting to take aim at him with her head vulcans.

Another bought of laughter falling in between the shells firing.

Gambit01

Michael spun and drew his saber, charging towards the Ning. Holding his shield in front, he waited until the pat-pat of the vulcans ceased. Not everyone of them was intercepted by his shield; some grazed 'his' ribs and legs, causing him to grit his teeth even as he ignored it.

When he closed in, he slashed with the saber.

"You're laughing; enjoying the fight, or are you just that confident?"
Ziryab

Possible dizziness did not register with Ning, accustomed as she was to it.

Lucky for her too as her head was quickly out range and view of the Templar Gundam. Michael had quickly capitalized on that fact, sending the Gun Fu Gundam's proximity beacons in a frenzy as he neared.

Intercepting Ning as she tried to roll for another pass. Looking over/under her shoulder to gauge his charge she let go of her ankles. They embedded themselves into the ground as her momentum carried her into a somersault over the beam slash. Nearly loosing both hands as her body vaulted over the stroke.

"You're laughing; enjoying the fight, or are you just that confident?" questioning her as she landed and forward rolled away from him.

She stopped in a kneel with and outstretched leg. Looking behind her at her foe, both hands went to one side of her body. Getting up and turning around she showed on one side of her body towards the Templar Gundam as she unholstered the her beam jian and a beam pistol on the side of her facing away from the Templar.

Holding her beam pistol and unignited hilt close together as if they were one object. For anyone viewing it did not help that both were a steely blackish gray in color, further hiding the fact they were two seperate objects.

She stood with her knees bent low as if waiting for the signal to charge forward.

A low chortle underswept her voice. "Would you like to find out?"

Gambit01

Aware that her movements probably signified something, but unaware that she armed herself, Michael charged, shifting his shield to allow him to grab his sword with both hands in a horizontal position and stab downwards.

"Yes, I think I would."
Ziryab

Many a choice stood before Ning Qiu.

The last conceivable moments: Slide in low? Send her Mobile Fighter flying horizontal? Suddenly move to the side opposite his shield arm? Rocket straight upwards? Catapault over his head? Fire her vulcans as she charged head on?

The only certainty for now was the upward swing and a point blank range.

Her options were as many and varied as the light snow that fell around them. Their appearance did little in hampering neither the optics of her machine nor her own sight. In fact, the very sight of them aided in clearing her mind even as the grips on her beam pistol and beam jian grew tighter. She would react as it happened. Not before. Not after. Merely now.

Focus unwavering from the Templar Gundam as she noticed herself breathing. Loud at first then slowly quieting.

The knees of the Gun Fu Gundam bent further. It's body leaned forward.

Without a word nor laughter, the machine pushed it back foot from the ground.

The only sound from the machine was its footsteps as it sprinted forth.

Gambit01

He expected some form of counter; a dodge to the side and an attack; rolling under his lunge and going after his exposed back; maybe even an ill-conceived idea of leaping over.

Of all the things Michael was expecting, what he was not was a direct counter.

What the...?!

Michael saw that he was trapped; he was going to take a blow either way. It was merely a question of going through with his strike and chance victory in exchange for greater damage, or abort and minimize it.

He chose the later.

Gritting his teeth as his Gundam transmitted the armour being shaved off directly to his mind, the Templar Gundam back-flipped several yards away. The wings spread, allowing him to gracefully and softely land on the ground; even that display of skill and grace wouldn't be enough to take anyone's attention from the gash on the front of his armour.

"Ow," Michael grimaced, "That hurt. Do you have any idea as to WHY they make it so we feel the pain in our Gundams? Don't you find that...barbaric?"

There was no insuation in Michael's question; he was simply trying to make conversation, albiet under unusual circumstances.
Ziryab

Her focused was almost cracked as the Templar Gundam took the blow. Momentarily she paused as the strike connected, allowing Michael's reflexes long enough time to force him away from her. Rather than take aim as his fleeing from she spun on her heel. Spinner her entire in a 360 revolution until she halted her body in same position as she was in earlier.

Profile form, only one side of her body shown to her opponent. Both hands close to her back leg, hiding both her beam pistol and now unignited beam jian.

"Ow," Michael replied over the comms, "That hurt. Do you have any idea as to WHY they make it so we feel the pain in our Gundams? Don't you find that...barbaric?"

"Barbaric maybe," she coldly stated, "but how better for people to express themselves. Without pain all of this would mean nothing," her hands gripped tightly. "Ever bit of pain you feel is a reminder of this chance you have been given."

"To be given the honor to fight for their entire country. To bear the pain of so many soldiers who would have fought and died should countries have gone to war," her voice began to grow louder. "To fight for the ideals or hopes of our homelands or those people we choose! To question our own ambitions... our own dreams!"

The feet of her cheongsam dressed Gundam suddenly forced themselves into the ground. Tossing up the surround tuffs of snow. "I may not be fighting for some high minded goals like many of the others! But the fact I've made it this far is just as important!" her voice roaring. "My heart was in this no less than anyone's!!!"

"I did not run!" Panels on the machine's calves suddenly opened. "I did not hide!" Panels in the machines shoulders slid open. "I fought!" Like a raging bull, the vents in the Gundam's face began to flare with steam.

"I have failed at least a dozen countries!" She should the weapons held within both hands. "With these!" She slid away both weapons into their respective holsters. "And these!" Holding up her fists.

Parts of the Gun Fu Gundam's body continued shifting as her body moved forward to face the Templar Gundam.

"Call my reasons selfish," her voice calming but losing none of its power nor intensity. "Because I do not fight for some grand belief or ideals. Because I fight for myself. But if I have nothing else to fight! Not else but me and those who believe in me--"

A foot forward crashed into the ground. Debris and snow thrown about. A fist level with her waist and open palm with her head. An information window opened. Her Wuxia Mode fully activated.

"SO BE IT!!!!"

Gambit01

"Barbaric maybe," she coldly stated, "but how better for people to express themselves. Without pain all of this would mean nothing, every bit of pain you feel is a reminder of this chance you have been given."

"To be given the honor to fight for their entire country. To bear the pain of so many soldiers who would have fought and died should countries have gone to war," her voice began to grow louder. "To fight for the ideals or hopes of our homelands or those people we choose! To question our own ambitions... our own dreams!"

Michael saw it; her Gundam beginning to change form.

She's going in to hyper-mode?!

"I may not be fighting for some high minded goals like many of the others! But the fact I've made it this far is just as important!" her voice roaring. "My heart was in this no less than anyone's!!!"

"I did not run!" Panels on the machine's calves suddenly opened. "I did not hide!" Panels in the machines shoulders slid open. "I fought!" Like a raging bull, the vents in the Gundam's face began to flare with steam.

"I have failed at least a dozen countries!" She should the weapons held within both hands. "With these!" She slid away both weapons into their respective holsters. "And these!" Holding up her fists.

Parts of the Gun Fu Gundam's body continued shifting as her body moved forward to face the Templar Gundam.

"Call my reasons selfish," her voice calming but losing none of its power nor intensity. "Because I do not fight for some grand belief or ideals. Because I fight for myself. But if I have nothing else to fight! Not else but me and those who believe in me--"

A foot forward crashed into the ground. Debris and snow thrown about. A fist level with her waist and open palm with her head. An information window opened. Her Wuxia Mode fully activated.

"SO BE IT!!!!"

Michael closed his eyes.

"I see, so you have failed others, and have resolved to fight for yourself. How...pathetic."

It was a case Michael had seen time and time again, and more often then not, kind words--if indeed any words--would not be able to get through to her.

A golden hue began to surround his Gundam as he spoke.

"Thank you so much for taking an ordinary question and turning it into a big philisophical discussion. A nice answer, by the way, though you proceeded to step all over it by admitting to be here for selfish reasons. In return, let me tell you what I am fighting for."

Three prongs extended from each of his arms as excess steam was expelled from the chest plate.

"I'm fighting because there are over one billion people between this planet and the colonies, and what will determine who rules over them for a time is not an election, but a spectical. Whatever its supposed substitution for outright war, this tournament is people's pain being put on display in the form of competition to distract people from the truth; they don't have a say."

Similar prongs extended from the back of both the Templar's legs.

"I'm fighting to make sure that whoever eventually wins this tournament knows exactly what they are doing, that their nation knows exactly what their responsibility is as the world leader. More often then not, the represenatives of this tournament are almost mirror images of their nations ideals. So if that's the case, what does your selfish nature say about your nation? Or perhaps, just perhaps, you don't even care."

Once again, the wings spread, only this time it wasn't as some reflex to slow down his fall.

"Those who think of nothing but themselves and 'those who believe in them', those who's only goal is their own enhancement have no business fighting at all, let alone a tournament of this magnitude."

Balancing the blade of his sword along his shield, Michael pointed the tip right at the Gun Fu Gundam, crouching his own down.

"Let's go."

Michael sprung and charged, bringing the full weight of his Gundam's Seraph-mode down upon his foe.