Round 2 Non-Combat RP Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Round 2 Non-Combat RP Thread

And so the Non-Combat RP for Round 2 starts

Current in-game date: December 6th, FC 16
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Heretic

-DC General hospital-
-Quinn Patrick-

“I told them a hockey themed Gundam wasn’t a good idea,” Said Steele, with his arms crossed he gazed out the window of Quinn’s hospital room. “Why not an RCMP Gundam or maybe a lumberjack or something.”

Quinn laughed, “You’re just upset that I was chosen to be the pilot instead of you.” His injuries hadn’t been too severe, but with the conclusion of Quinn’s fight with Neo-Scotland, Quinn had passed out. He had spent the night in this hospital while the doctors checked everything. He had been told by a flighty nurse that he would be permitted to leave soon and that he only needed some rest.

“We’ll now we’ve got a problem, that building did a number on our machine, the tech guys are scrambling to do what they can, but we don’t exactly have the spare parts needed to rebuild it to specs.”

“What does DeWolfe think?” Quinn asked.

“Humph, DeWolfe is confident you can manage with whatever there is at hand, a sentiment I don’t understand.”

“I guess I’ll have to try not to let either of you down then. Thanks for the update; I’ll see you later when I get back to the Intrepid.”

“Yeah yeah.” Steele muttered as he crossed the room to the door, “just take it easy, I hear there are packs of reporters clamouring to interview you about what you did in that fight.”

“I’ll watch out for them.”
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Strike Zero

-Somewhere over DC-
-Neo-Iceland Valiant class transport carrier Agnar Epsilon-

"Damn... my fight is scheduled on the last day of the round again." said Tomas, reclining in a swivel chair. "Why do they insist on making me wait all the time?"

"Quit your whining." Linda retorted, annoyance flashing across her face. "You should be happy. If they had made your fight early on, you wouldn't have had as much time to prepare, and Ellie and the crew wouldn't have as much time to repair the Gundam." Linda paused, allowing her words sink in. "You haven't forgotten that you completely destroyed the Aurora Driver in the left arm during the fight, have you?"

"No." Tomas groaned. He knew perfectly well just how damaged the Gundam was.

After the fight, the Aurora Gundam had been loaded onto the Agnar Epsilon and repair crew had promptly started repairs, and they were certainly dismayed at the extent of the damage. Amazingly, Ellie's incensed, high-pitched yelling could be heard though the entire ship as they both looked over the damage done to the Aurora Driver.

"What the hell did you do to it?! Look at this! The magnetic field dampeners are shredded! Shredded! This alone is going to take me a whole day to fix! Then I've got to recalibrate the magnetic fields once I'm done fixing the thing--which isn't easy, by the way! You have to make sure the fields are properly alligned... then you have to make sure the dampeners are working and that the power levels are at their correct output... Oh, but of course the fun doesn't end there... no sir! Nearly all the armor plating is going to need to be replaced, so that's another half a day wasted and--"

At that point, Tomas had done an about face, made his way over to his quarters, stuffed a pair of ear plugs into his ears, and stayed that way until they got back to Washington.

"All I'm saying is," Linda continued, "Instead of moping around and complaining about how long you have to wait, you should use the time to get ready for the upcoming match."

"I know that," said Tomas. "Doesn't mean I have to feel good about it though." Abruptly, Tomas reached over for the laptop sitting on a wall-mounted table and typed rapidly on the keyboard, bringing up the profile for Neo-Russia. "So," he said, "what do we know about the Vodka Gundam?"

Linda grabbed her own print-out of the Vodka Gundam's information and looked it over. "Well... it would seem that the aspect it excels in the most is speed. He's definitely a little faster than you anyway."

"Well, that's good news. What about his offense and power?"

"Nothing to write home about, though his offenseive capabilities increase a good deal when he enters his super mode." Linda paused, squinting at the weapons listing. "It says here he has a flame-thrower. That could prove to be a problem."

Tomas frowned. "Well, we'll just have to figure out a way around that." Tomas clenched his fist and then punched it into the palm of his other hand. "One thing's for sure though. I'll be sure to make this fight as epic as the last one was."

Linda rolled her eyes, thinking back to what quickly became a drunken brawl on Neo-Irelands part. "Epic. Right..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
SNT1

Sarao, near Nellis AFB

Alvin has had a somewhat uneventful week after his fight with Neo America, being the first fighter to participate and all. Of course this changes right after they get the schedule from the committee.

Al was the first to get the message. Hannah sees it, knowing that its the list that is supposed to have come out sometime today, and asks, "So, who's the victim?." She was rather cheery, despite having a hangover for two days (so it seemed).

She knows Patrick has tweaked the Jeepney further by eliminating the bugs and whatnot. More importantly, the Eskrima maces, or as they should properly call it "sticks", are at the very least useable, even without the beam emitters. Al can very much equip the maces in battle without the consequences of explosion or some kind of fallout. As of now, the beam emitters are being worked on.

Al simply says "Hatchet Gundam."

"Ah." With that, Hannah immediately goes to her laptop and types away like crazy, bringing up the data from previous battles and more importantly the one it just had in the first round of the finals. Suddenly, Al asks Patrick if he can go out for a ride.

"Err, why?" Patrick asks.

Al responds, "Well... We are near Vegas... which is near Mojave... which is where the Neo-Egyptian and the Pirate will be currently fighting."

"Ok, well bring Hannah with ya."

"k," was Al's simple response, "You heard that Hannah? We're gonna take a ride in the desert!" Al raises his voice, a bit higher than usual.

Hannah was listening in, so she responded swiftly.

Of they go to the desert, to watch the two behemoths duke it out, only a couple of hours of driving.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ORegan

Sean was released from the hospital, cane in hand and given pills to take 5 times a day, starting at 8 AM(they will be taken off screen as it'd be a pain in my butt to type). he walked out of the hospital and was greeted by an un happy site: a bright green limo. He was ordered inside.

when he got into the limo he was greeted by the same man who scolded him when he got into that street arguement. this time he didn't look so pissed.

Guy: Listen, you need to control yourself there lad, the Officails aren't looking in your favor don't cha know!

"Yeah, i know, but what do ya expect when ya make a system that works with a drunk pilot? even worse, one with a giatnt beam that he can shoot out of his ***** torso?"

They drove around the streets of DC while they talked. it was nicer to be looking at the limo for the people in the streets then it was for the men inside the limot o be looking out into the street.

Guy: aye, We have pleaded with the officails to add in a safety mechanism to your suit, so it won't happen again, we'll justneed there blessing.

"they ***** should, unless they want something in Liousawhatever blown to****** smitherens!"

Guy: calm your temper, you just got out of the hospital, ya did, now where's your stop?

they just passed by O'Malley's, and Sean signaled the driver to stop the limo.

"Don't tell me to calm the **** there Mr. Bigshot, My job is to fight, your's is to talk, don't forget that."

Guy: whatever Sean, just don't embaress us again, the ship is parked at it's docking place, if there are mechanics in there working on the Beam, that means the officails approved of the safety mechanism.

Sean got out of the limo and shut the door. He walked over to O'Malley's giant elevater and made his way to the top.

(he will now be at O'Malley's)
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
EZero8

--Washington D.C.--
--Chase Lee & Neo China's Crew--

Chase and the rest of the Neo China crew were back in DC once again to allow the unit to undergo repairs. Chase sighed when looking at the harsh burn mark on his side, left over from the cockpit shot that Neo German pulled off and pretty much got away with. Luckily, it was just a burn, but had the knife went any deeper things wouldn't have ended very well.

"He ought to be banned... but its customary for the GF Officials to want an entertaining 'bad guy' running around in a rampage." Chase thought to himself. The Slayer Gundam hadnt suffered any extensive damage, and with a few days to work on the unit it would be good as new again. The Dragon Armor would be fully repaired as well.

Now all that lay ahead was the next fight. He had been serious in his last two fights... which was unlike him. Usually he'd be lazy as shown back in Suvival Eleven... and perhaps the new approach would be better?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
SNT1

--Da Strip--

"Can you still walk?"

"Yeah."

"Good, come on, that was a good win."

"...I got sloppy."

"Blah we'll worry about that later!"

That was Patrick and Alvin talking over the radio, as Al immediately limps back to his mobile hangar after the referee's declaration, waving away to the now-boisterous Jeepney crowd, while the crew picks up the remnants of the flails.
------------------------------

Alvin gets a healthy cheer with his crew, after he got off the Mobile Fighter. Hugs and handshakes were all around...

Clearly being defensive is a disadvantage in the Finals... guys are just too powerful and too fast for me to setup decent counterattacks like I always did getting to this point. Maybe I should gear myself to making aggressive, quality attacks. Al's train of thought gets interrupted by Hannah. "You're spacing out."

"Eh, just tired," Al replies and smiles. Maybe I really need to apply Hannah's aggressive style in the next few matches...

Gah, I should have finished him off after I ripped his right arm... Bleh.

Al decides he can just savor the victory tonight, and worry about it later.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

The Stockholm hovers over to the Hatchet Gundam and quickly sets crews to work on attaching cables to the eyelets on it's shoulder armor in order to haul the Gundam onto the repair deck, at the same time the medical team was busy extracting Sam from the cockpit, Sam woke up briefly as they got him onto a stretcher and asked for a com unit, "Hey Jeepney guy, thanks for the fight."
SNT1

Al was nearby the mobile fighter, with his two main crew chiefs pulling him to go to O'Malleys when his com picked up a signal.

"Hey Jeepney guy, thanks for the fight." It was the pilot who he had just beat.

Not knowing what to say, Al says, "No prob... and uhh get well." He remembers seeing the pilot having touble coming out of his own cockpit. Shrugging, Patrick tells him, "Yo! We eatin' out!"

Al heads for the shower to relieve his pains while The Sarao meets back up at the infamous floating lounge.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Strike Zero

-Washington D.C.-
-Neo-Iceland mobile suit repair and maintenance facility-

A loud stacatto of creaking and popping filled the air as Linda marched over an old dock overlooking the Anacostia River. She stopped when she was about a meter away from the man sitting on top one of the support posts normally reserved for a seagull or some other type of bird.

"What are you doing up there?" she said, her tone lined with exasperation.

Tomas said nothing. He simply continued to stare out towards the opposite bank of the river.

"I've been looking all over the place for you. It's time for dinner and the stew I made is getting cold."

Still no response. There was a long uncomfortable silence as Tomas made no effort to respond or even acknowledge that Linda was standing just a few feet away from him. After about ten seconds, Linda broke the silence once again.

"Look, it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known that the hyper mode was going to malfunction."

"Did Ellie figure out what caused it yet?" Tomas said.

Linda hesitated. "No… not yet. Right now her focus is on repairing the frame before they start analyzing the system."

Tomas fell silent once again. A chill wind blew and nipped at Linda's skin, causing her to shiver. "C'mon, let's go inside already. It's getting dark and there's no sense in staying out here and freezing to death, so—"

"The second fight."

Linda tilted her head slightly. "Huh?"

"The second fight of the finals and I've already lost a match."

She could feel her impatience building. I knew he would be like this. Tomas had never lost a fight during the entire year of the Gundam fight preliminaries. It was inevitable that he should lose, faced with the elite of the elite here at the finals, but it was apparent that he hadn't exactly prepared himself for that.

This was no time to tell him off however, as it would probably only make things worse.

Linda took a deep breath, struggling to control her irritation. "I know. But there's no reason to be so upset. This isn't like the tournament they've held the last two times. You've all got…" She paused and began counting off on her fingers. "Twenty-three matches to go. It's still anybody's game here."

"That many, huh?" Tomas glanced back towards his sister. "Well I don't suppose it's possible that anybody's going to go undefeated here."

"Not likely. Get down."

The Gundam fighter sighed. "Fine." As he jumped down and started for the hanger, he began to shake his head. "I swear, you really are starting to sound more like mom every day."

"Hah, hah. Funny." Linda fell in step behind him. She was glad she managed to get him to come in, but she could still tell something was amiss from the way he spoke. His usual cocky, cheery tone still wasn't there.

Oh, well. I guess I can't expect him to fully recover from it right away…
Last edited by Strike Zero on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
SNT1

--Neo England--

"I'm not DONE YET!"

Adrianne screams out loud.... she opens her eyes...but wait.. What the f.....

She is in a room. Yes, her personal quarters in the BAE Sherwood. "What's going on?!?"

Her father steps in... "Hey there. Have a nice nap?" Her father has a solemn look on his face. He would have to bear the bad news.

"What the hell? Why am I... ugggh.." Adrianne feels a headache.

"You lost the match," Robert says, looking at Adrianne's perplexed face turning into a mixture of anger and confusion. Robert turns on the nearest TV screen, and plays a video, explaining to her what happened. The best way to get through Adrianne, Robert thinks, is to be blunt about the facts.

He says, "Yes, Chicago, even with a wrecked landscape, is literally a playground for us snipers. We can, and should, control the tempo, no matter how boring it might get. I was actually very impressed with your performance the first half of the battle. You utilized the surroundings, and you controlled the fight."

Continuing, Robert sighs, "Then, I honestly don't know what happened afterwards. You charged a close-range enemy head on quite a couple of times, not to mention dragging the opponent into the only open area in the zone! The Italian was good, but you had much part in defeating yourself." Robert says this not with anger, but with some disappointment.

Adrianne just looks down in shame. She was a little cocky back there, after all. "I bet you're very disappointed." Robert replies, "Well, a little. New news, we fight in..." He looks down at the schedule, "... Tennessee. Basically alot like the training grounds back home. Well, if you're feeling better, breakfast is at the dining hall. Come."

As Robert walks away, Adrianne has things to ponder. Would the people still accept her, even with the continiung letdown? After all, it's much harder to accept not because she was lacking skill (she certainly has it), but because of not-so-smart tactical decisions.

She lazily walks out to start the new day. Like a bloody hangover...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ORegan

Mount Rushmore, South Dakota

Sean woke up after becoming unconscious. After he was declared the winner, Sean passed out from drunkenness and the force put on him from the clover beam.

When he awoke, instead of cheering, there where many people who were booing him. These weren't the fans of Ismail booing, but the fans of Mt. Rushmore. Sean single handedly destroyed 75% of the old rock, more if you want to count being the one thrown into the other face. The Blarney Stone Came in and picked up the Irish Fighter. When they left for DC, the Techs started their work on repairing the gundam.

Wife: Ar yeh ok deary?

"**** you, where's my dinner?"

Wife: over on the table where it always is you pig headed ****

"Watch your tongue Sea Hag."

Sean started to scarf down a large portion of potatoes. Good thing Ireland paid for all his meals.

Wife: By the way, we found out where your next fight will be. Ellis Island.

"Isn't that the place with that bimbo holding a torch?"

Wife: aye' the very one.

"Who am I fighting?"

Wife: Germany.

A smirk crossed Sean's face. "Great, I can't wait to meet him again."
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?