Round 1, Fight 9: Neo Trinidad and Tobago vs. Neo China

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

The Slayer Gundam met the Calypso midway, and Chase quickly slashed at the unit before darting away. He was missing the left arm, and thus he would need to keep at the hit-and-run strategy again... or at least until his left arm was functioning again.

"Gotta keep going..." Chase muttered. They hadnt fought for all that long, but he already had his arm shut off from the Burning Shot. If he kept this up, things look bleak for both fighters.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
artmaster079

(OOC: A first for the RPG: Page 3!!)

The two mobile fighters clashed back and forth, flying and running at each other, trying to gain the upper hand, but it seemed to be going nowhere.

Amir skated to a stop and was breathing a bit heavier than he should be. It didn't help that they were slowly moving up the side of the volcano. While the air wasn't becoming thinner inside the cockpit, the incline itself was slowly increasing.

This is going nowhere... why can't I get a good hit on him? thought Amir as he looked at his options. I need to rethink my approach here...[/i]
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

Chase had also skidded to a stop, but he wasnt as tired as he should be. Adrenaline was helping him, and he could feel the blood pumping as he and the Calypso Gundam continued to fight at a standstill.

He began to wonder when his left arm was going to reset again. It had been shut down for awhile now, and he needed it most at this time.

Then suddenly, without warning, the arm came back to life. While Chase was happy to see it function again, it came at the cost of sharp pain from the previous slash from the cutlass. Gritting his teeth, Chase sucked it up and prepared for battle again. Now he had full access to another finisher...

"Lefty's back..." Chase says before charging in once again and getting ready to slash.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
artmaster079

Amir noticed the Slayer Gundam's arm started to move again... unfortunately for him, it meant that Chase Lee could use another one of those insane attacks.

There must be some kind of limit to that attack... especially if the arm shuts down after every use... thought Amir. He knew that the Slayer Gundam's pilot would definately use it again if it could end the match.

The pain was starting to subside, but it still hurt to move the shoulder. Looking around, there wasn't really anything he could use to his advantage, so he decided to go with Plan B. Ever so slowly, the Calypso Gundam began to walk towards his opponent, he raised his left arm up, pointing the cutlass at the Slayer Gundam.

"I've got a suprise for you, Chase Lee... "

"Well, well..." Chase says with a smile. The man was preparing for his super mode.

Chase did not slow down, quickly gaining in on the Calypso. He wasnt going to wait for the cliche'd "transformation" sequence, not when the fight is on the line. He was ready to take on anything that unit can dish at him, but he'd much rather avoid fighting the Super Calypso entirely.

"Surprises eh?" Chase says, "Well bring it on."

He finally got into range and slashed at the unit's head with the Nagamaki in a downwards motion. If the Caplyso was to dodge, he could still alter his slashing pattern...
artmaster079

The Calypso raised its left arm above its head and defended against the aerial attack with his shield and successfully blocked the nagamaki's powerful swing.

He really knows what he's doing... thought Amir.

Then for some reason, Amir started to smile...

"Heh..." Chase was smiling as well. He was within range to do the damage he wants to.

As the Nagamaki was blocked, this left the rest of the Calypso wide open to attack since the shield could only block one side at a time. Chase quickly flips over the shield and behind the Calypso, and slashes at both of the Neo Trinidadian's arms with his Nagamaki and a beam saber he pulled out.
artmaster079

The Slayer's movements were quick, leaving Amir with very little time to counter with the shield... and the cutlass in his right hand. The right arm bent just enough to block the attack. However, the force of the attack pushed the Calypso back a bit.

Amir's face cringed slightly, but he started to smile again "You may have damaged the shoulder, but you never got the arm."

Boosting his thrusters, he rushed the Slayer in a counterattack "And as for the shoulder itself - a little pain isn't gonna kill me!!!" With that he aimed the shield and yelled "Micromissiles x 2!"

Chase quickly reacted to the missiles and gunned them down with his hardly used vulcans. Now he also had two melee weapons drawn...

As the Calypso Gundam came in at him, Chase darted away and circled the unit before attacking from the side again. He was going to try and knock those arms out of the fight no matter what before going for the finish.
artmaster079

Amir rolled out of the way of any attack, coming to a crouched position, he then made a small backwards jump in the air with his thrusters. He knew the Slayer was trying to get his damaged shoulder, but he needed some space. The Calypso Gundam landed several meters away and took a defensive stance, now he had to wait...

"Why is he trying to run?" Chase thinks to himself, getting frustrated and bored with the whole defensive play the Calypso pilot was using.

Chase would normally rush in and continue with his agressive attacks, but unfortunately, he believes that Amir had something in mind.

"I need another approach..." Chase mutters, then fired a beam from his hand beam gun at the Calypso Gundam.
artmaster079

Amir noticed that the Slayer Gundam seemed to stop its attack. So you figured me out already, did you? he thought to himself.

Then without notice, his comm link beeped again. Dammit, don't they know i'm busy?

<Amir! What's going on up there? Why haven't you beaten him yet?> shouted Elizabeth.

"If you haven't figured it out yet, Lizzie, I'm kinda having a problem with this guy... he's quick... and smart too, I guess" responded Amir, his eyes unmoving from the opponent. "Look, i'll get back -"

An idea came to him, and he simply deactivated the link. The Slayer Gundam's pilot is trying to dismember my arm.... so maybe... it's just crazy enough to work - although i'll need the timing to be perfect...

"What to do..." Chase says, standing there and waiting for the Calypso. He had plenty of Burning Shots left... in fact, he had 5. One was used well, though he'd expect the pain on Amir's shoulder to be gone by now.

"Oh what the heck..." he muttered and put away his beam saber. He focused his ki energy to the Nagamaki...
artmaster079

"Wh- what the hell is that?" asked Amir to no one in particular.

It looked like the Slayer was preparing that damned "Blazing Shot" attack again.... but this time it was different. Instead, the energy seemed to be going to the Nagamaki.

A Blazing Shot amplified the power in his arm, so... it would also amplify the power in the swo-

SHIT! he suddenly realized. He took a step back, unsure if it were wise to counterattack. There's no way of knowing how long it takes to charge! Getting hit with that is not going to be fun...

"Looks like I scared him..." Chase thought to himself. The Nagamaki could've easily been charged within a few seconds. But he wanted to scare the man... intimidation is the key. His ki energy had been channeled not the charge the attack, but to suppress the charging time to go slower, allowing him to abort the attack if the situation called for it.

"Never had to use this attack in a real fight before... but the simulations help in manifesting it." Chase says with a smile, "Are you ready...?"
artmaster079

"Am I ready?" repeated Amir with a chuckle, "What do you think? I'm more interested to see how you pull this off, you know, considering how slow you are..."

Amir put his shield to his left side, at the ready. His now functioning right arm (though it still hurt a bit) placed his cutlass at torso level, pointing at his opponent. The Calypso Gundam's eyes flashed a golden color for just a second, and the sides of its calf armor opened, revealing a pair of thrusters. The fighter's power began to build up...

"Heh, this is gonna be interesting Chase Lee," stated Amir, still smiling.

"Interesting... his super mode?" Chase wondered, and then suddenly released his suppression. The Nagamaki's blade flared up a split second later and manifesting into a large, powerful beam blade. Chase then charged forward.

"I'm not gonna wait... this is your end!" Chase says, "BLAZING NAGAMAKI!"

With that, he closed the distance between the two Gundams and using his extended range, slashed at the Calypso.
artmaster079

When he heard the attack and saw the overwelmingly powerful Nagamaki stop charging, he realized this was it. The Slayer rushed him, and suddenly Amir realized that the Nagamaki was closer to him than it should be. He instinctively jumped back, yet he could have sworn that the suped up Nagamaki actually slashed into his torso, however, there was no time to check.

As he was, the Calypso Gundam was only partily transformed, and he was sure Chase wasn't going to allow him to finish it yet. He boosted back a distance, moving more uphill on the incline and took a glance at his torso. The bastard did hit me! he realized angriliy. He was sure that Chase had a time limit on the attack but how long? I have to keep on my toes now, or its over...

Chase saw the Calypso make a run for it, and he continued his aggressive attacks, quickly gaining in on the Calypso yet again and attacking it.

"You can only run for so long!" he says, coming in close and slashing at the unit again and again in repeated and rapid succession. He made quick strikes and continuous slashes at the unit's limbs and head, making sure not to hit the cockpit on accident. If he kept the enemy from reaching Super Mode, he has this fight won.

"Keep the pressure up." he thinks to himself.
artmaster079

"Crap! He's being waayy to serious about this!!" said Amir as he continued to evade the Slayer's powerful attack.

How long is this attack gonna last? His Blazing Shot was only lasted so long... I need to find a weak point in his offensive movements...

He thought of boosting into the sky where it should (keyword 'should') give him some room. The Slayer, he noted was not as manueverable in the air as opposed to the ground, while performing its crazy kung-fu kind of attacks. The only problem was that the rapid succession of attacks from the freakin' Blazing Nagamaki was making it difficult for him to move away.

He knew it was pointless to counter that beam. There was simply too much power pouring out of it - he had to find an openi ---

There! That's it! he thought excitedly.