Corsair's Gambit: Non-Combat RP Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

The crowd cleared as the fiasco was settled. Chase sighed, he didnt even get to see anyone in action. There went his scouting opportunity.

But he then found some strange man in a leotard picking up some glass and helping the injured. A man in a leotard... weird.

"What has this world come to...?" Chase says, taking a last bite from his sandwich and gulping down the rest. He began to walk back to Neo China's hanger, where the Slayer Gundam awaits to be tranferred onto their ship before they head off to Hawaii.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Heretic

-Cheoco-Chan-

Cheoco was growing tiered of watching Zedrich lovingly maintaining the Excelsior Gundam. She would be fighting in the Fifth Match against the Neo-Vatican Gundam Fighter. Since she still had a bit of time before then, she was feeling restless, she wanted to do something. “Yo, Dr. Zed!” she called up to Zedrich, who was diligently polishing his idol. “I’m going out for a snack.”

Zedrich looked down at her and replied, “Just get back here in time for the fight.”

“Okay!” Cheoco called skipping out of the hanger.

-Sven Dikestra-

With Quinn Patrick being metaphorically pulled along, Sven made his way into a small coffee/donut shop. “Well,” Sven said to Quinn, “let’s get that snack you wanted before we go cursing for chicks.” Even as he said it, Sven was already visually appraising every female in the shop.

Sven heard Quinn let out a sigh and looked back at his new Neo Canadian friend. “What’s the problem, I thought you Canadians liked Donuts?”

Quinn held up an American made ring of fried dough covered in nearly a centimeter of sticky sugar icing.

“They don’t come that way in Canada?” Sven asked.

Quinn shook his head and dropped the heart-attack in Donut form back into the box of unwanted snacks.

“Well if we’re not going to eat, lets practice some of those pickup lines I was talking about earlier.”

Quinn rolled his eyes.

“Oh come on, with me backing you up, there’s no way any woman could say no to us. Here, I’ll prove it.” With that Sven turned to the closest young woman in the Donut shop and said, “My dear, I’ll be the first Gundam Fighter to face the Corsair State in this tournament, with a woman as beautiful as you cheering me on, there is no way I can lose to that pirate scum. And if you grant me just one kiss, I surly can’t lose to anyone…” Before the woman could respond, Sven moved in close and pressed his lips to hers.

-Cheoco-Chan-

“My dear, I’ll be the first Gundam Fighter to face the Corsair State in this tournament, with a woman as beautiful as you cheering me on, there is no way I can lose to that pirate scum.”

Cheoco was so surprised by what the stranger said to her that she was stunned in silence.

“And if you grant me just one kiss, I surly can’t lose to anyone…”

“Na ni?!” she exclaimed before the tall blond man pressed his lips against hers. A kiss, my first kiss… MY FIRST KISS?! Franticly Cheoco pushed away from the blond man and fall backwards to the floor. “My first kiss” she said quietly with tears welling up in here eyes.

The blond man leaned down offering her his hand to help her up, “If I’d known it was your first, I would have held back a little, its no wonder your legs gave out-” Cheoco slapped away his hand and started crying.

“My first kiss, stolen…”

-Morgan Burke-

Morgan had shed her pirate costume, including the unnecessary eye patch. With any luck, nobody would be able to tell who she was with a passing look. Being a Pirate Captain meant also putting on that same show around her crew, she was known to everyone as cold and vicious, which could make it hard when she had a craving for a nice peaceful cup of tea. She had snuck out of the hanger just so she could sit in a quiet Donut shop and sip on a hot cup of tea without anyone knowing.

She was enjoying herself until two men came into the shop, one was tall, blond and boisterous, the other was black haired and quiet. Gundam Fighters both, From Neo Holland and Neo Canada. Morgan tried to ignore them mostly.

Her attention was drawn back to them when the Neo Holland Fighter said some stupid pickup line about being the first opponent for Morgan. Then Morgan felt a sudden flash of anger when she saw the Neo Holland fighter forcing a kiss on a young woman. The anger became rage the instant Morgan realized who he was kissing. Cheoco-Chan?!

Morgan was already making her way across the shop when Cheoco fell to the floor. She was only steps away, fully intending to clock the Neo Holland fighter upside the head. Then someone beat her to it.

She stopped in her tracks when the Neo Canada fighter grabbed Neo Holland by the collar of his shirt and landed a swift backhand slap. Neo Holland looked stunned, his eyes fixed on the silent angry glare from Neo Canada. Shaking his head, Neo Canada let go and stormed out of the shop. For a moment Neo Holland looked unsure of what he should do as he held the now reddening side of his face. Finally he ran from the shop calling after Neo Canada, “Quinn! Wait!”

Still standing where she had been when she stopped running towards Neo Holland, Morgan heard Cheoco’s quiet sob “My first kiss, stolen…”

Cheoco had stopped sobbing somewhere between the Donut shop and the Gundam Fighter hanger. Morgan hadn’t said much of anything besides, “you should get back to your Gundam.”

Why did she care? Why should she walk a rival Gundam Fighter back to her Hanger? It was none of Morgan’s business, so why was she helping? But looking at Cheoco’s tear-filled eyes, something in Morgan’s chest told her she had to do something.

When the two of them were almost to the hangers, Morgan stopped and left Cheoco to walk the rest on her own. Turning her back, Morgan walked away, planning to slip back into her hanger once again in her pirate disguise. When Cheoco called out, “hey, what’s your name?” Morgan didn’t answer.
Last edited by Heretic on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Folken Fanel

Peter and Odel finished their drinks admist a big fuss caused by the guy who'd been shouting when they had walked in. "Well, that was a waste of time," said Odel as the two got back into their cheap rental car. They headed back to the Baldor, were they would get ready for take off.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Cardi Doorl

Fernando turned back to Ning and bowed gracefully.

"I do believe the situation has been defuse, madame," he intoned, for all the world as though he'd had some part in preventing a fight. In the fantasy world he lived in, that was the case.

Then, just as he was straightening to stand up, a strong arm pulled him back into the crowd. It was Sancho. "That's enough of this!" he hissed, "We need to get going!"

"But the lady...!"

"She can take care of herself, you fool!" shot back Sancho, "Don't you realize who she is? She's the Gundam Fighter representing Neo Hong Kong! How could you not recognize her? She was a celebrity even before she became a Gundam Fighter!"

"I don't recall..."

"And that man who made the peace offering at the coffee shop? He is the man representing Neo Brazil - the very man you will be fighting in your first match!"

Fernando halted Sancho right there. By that time, they were a good distance away from the crowd. "You say that man is my first opponent in these finals, Sancho?"

"That's right, Juan. His name is Akinkawon Bisneto."

Fernando repeated the name, remembering the sound of each syllable. "Perfect!" he exclaimed suddenly, clenching a fist, "That man... I could feel his strength of character from across the street! I could tell he was a man full of honor. My first fight will not be slaying a dragon, then, but rather a duel of honor with an honorable man!"

"Fine, fine," grumbled Sancho, "Now can we hurry back? We have preparations..."

Sancho went on with what they had to do to get ready for the fight ahead, but Fernando was lost in his reveries, thinking of the glorious duel ahead.

- Elsewhere -

In a dark corner of a bar lay a man nobody had wanted to bother since he'd entered. He had, without any preamble, marched to that corner and fallen asleep, but nobody dared wake him up or ask him what he wanted.

The man was, of course, Ismail Aidid, Neo Somalia's representative in the Gundam Fight. The military detachment that had come with him to keep an eye on him hadn't wanted him to leave the hangar until his fight in Chicago in a couple of days, but Ismail had eluded them to roam free. Whatever went on in his mind, he'd come to a stop at this bar, where he fell asleep for whatever reason.

Until, of course, the front door slammed open, followed by a powerful roar of "BIERE!"

Ismail woke suddenly with an agitated grunt. He immediately identified the culprit: a man in lederhosen who'd just taken a stool at the counter. Ismail stood to full height and walked with an unusual gingerness over to Dieter and growled, "You disturbed my sleep. I don't like that."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Wedge14

Boris picked up the last shard of glass. Silently stood on the sidewalk staring at the glass like it was some kind of wonderful alien thing. Like a precious gem, or the sun itself was resting in his palm.

The man was in his own world as he stood there motionless infront of the bar. The shards of glass shimmering in the streetlights. Then rather suddenly he grunted and closed his fist.

The high pitched sound of glass rubbing against glass rung throughout the street. Boris didn't flinch a bit as if the glass wasn't in his hand. After 45 seconds of him clenching it. He opened his hand and dumped the contents into the sewer grate below him.

A small pile of sand hit the ground and Boris folded his arms. His hand unfazed, in the same pristine condition it was the night before.

There wasn't a recycling bin in sight.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Ziryab

—Akinkawon Zeferino d'Santos Bisneto—
—Neo Brazil—
—Luta Livre Gundam—

Whilst everyone began going there seperate ways, a few going into the coffeeshop behind him Akinkawon watched the Russian man across the street while bystanders dejectedly began to disperse. Their hopes of seeing a street fight ruined.

Sipping his coffee and watching him pick up glass, the Neo Brazilian was rather grateful for further aiding in diffusing the situation. And after watching as the Russian clinched the glass until it became sand he finally called over.

"'ey!" holding up his coffee as he called out. "'ey, amigo! Care to come inside from the cold? Maybe have a bit of coffee with us?"
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Wedge14

Boris raised an eyebrow as someone finally broke his concentration. Boris stood there for a moment staring at the man who had called to him.

It was if Boris was processing the thought. After a few moments he crossed the street and approached the man, Boris' body glistened with a permament sweat he crinkled his nose and wiggled his mustache in an unknowingly humourous fashion.

"Yes,I am Boris." Was all he said, it was the man's odd way of saying. 'Yes please that would be nice.'
Last edited by Wedge14 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ORegan

Sean walked to the hotelroom. his wife was at the door, golding her rolling pin in her hand

"and just where have you been off too? i hung up on you an hour ago!"

"Nothing, just let me sleep for a ******* minute, i need to rest for tommorow"

"And where are ya going tommorow? watching the Gundam gights at the bar?"

"Aye, i need to look at them till i can fight them"

with that Sean plopped himself on the couch and fell asleep. he never sleeps in the same bed as his wife because she snores
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Anonymous

Amir Ali Khan
Neo Trinidad
Calypso Gundam

"What's wrong?" asked Elizabeth, "you been like this ever since we arrived on Earth with the Calypso Gundam."

"... Nothing's wrong, Lizzy, it's not something you need to worry about" replied a rather distracted Amir.

The pair sat in a nice (and warm) resturant near the earlier confrontation. An hour ago, Amir had his first encounter with some of the other Gundam Fight Finalists - which obviously, didn't go well.

"You know..." said Amir slowly.

"What? What is it?" asked Elizabeth eagerly.

"I still think its your fault that I almost got in a fight with the Irishman, the Spaniard, and the Walking Rock," declared Amir.

"Dammit, you're still talking about that?" she replied angrily, "For the love of God, put it too rest."

".... All i'm saying is that if you didn't 'encourage' me too help Miss Ning, then it wouldn't have happened."

Elizabeth crossed her arms, and seemed to think about it. "Nooope, I'm pretty sure you're the one that was 'testing them.' whatever that means..."

They stared at each other for awhile.... during that time, the waiter returned with the check. Amir looked at it, and his eyed widened a bit.

"Umm... you did bring some money with you right? I kinda forgot my wallet" he said uneasily.

"WHAT?!!" Elizabeth looked like she was going to pop Amir's head off. Then Amir smiled and Elizabeth procceded to hit him in the arm, "You stupid, stupid, son of a bitch, stop doing that, it's not funny!!" she yelled as she hit him. She started too laugh after awhile as well.

"So, what time do you want to leave in the morning? I hear some of the teams have already left," asked Elizabeth after a while.

"Dunno, maybe when I wake up, I'm gonna take the boys out for a drink before we call it a night," replied Amir.

"Since when do you drink?" she asked, confused.

"Me? Nah, I don't touch the stuff, I hear it makes people do stupid shit," he said with a chuckle, "anyways, I think its about time I take ya back to the ship, ya know, so you can get that beauty sleep of yours."

"Okay fine, but DO NOT, under any circumstances, get mixed up with anyone else okay? I think I've had enough headaches for one day," Elizabeth stated in a VERY serious tone.

"Don't worry, what could happen?" said Amir rather innocently.
ORegan

Sean woke up with a sharp pain in his hand as well as his head. he was hung over and had dried up blood all over his hand, as well as sharps of glass stuck in his hand. he decided to go to the nearest hospital to get them out, as if he told his wife she would hell at him until his head fell off.

He walked in the hospital and asked for some assitance while waving his hand. a concerned waitress quickly rushed him to a room and a doctor plucked each sharp out. it hurt like hell, but he wasnt gonna show it. he was a gundam fighter, and like all gundam fighters, he's immune to minor pain in the long run.

when he leaves he decides to go back to that pub. he sat down and started drinking some more and watched the gundam fighters. it was about at this time that the doctors looked at his medical records, and recongnized him as a gundam fighter from the insurance card that he used.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Ziryab

—Neo Brazil—
—Luta Livre Gundam—

"Akinkawon," supressing a snicker at the bizzare looking Russian. "But feel free to call me Akin." Holding a door open once the man came near.

Taking a peek back inside—a feat not hard to do as the shop was all glass—it seems Ning was enjoying the company of what looked liked film students. Or at least they looked like film students—looking much like the stereotypes in the American movies he'd seen.

"Can't guarantee you how much privacy we'll have though."

Wedge14

Boris quietly stepped inside the coffee shop going underneath Akin's outstretched arm. He squinted putting on a large snarl as the flourescent lighting irritiated him.

The coffee shop was very busy, the man quietly on his own butted to the front of the line. The young man he butted infront of just stood there gawking not completly sure what he should.

Boris simply laid some change out on the counter. The employee just stared at him confused.

"umm yes?" She said.

He grunted and pointed to the change.

"What do you want sir?"

He blinked. "Tea." And pointed to the sign, and then to the pile of change, it would've been the exact amount but he didn't put enough in for tax.

"I'm sorry sir. it's a dollar and 12 cents...theres taxes."

"Taxes? what is this taxes?" He said his patience slowly being taxed.

"Well..." The manager suddenly butted in.

"Look here...just give us 12 more cents."

Boris grumbled to himself. Reached into the front of his leotard and plopped 12 pennies onto the counter.

He recieved a tea instantaneously.

He then quietly shuffled to a seat and sat down. Staring a head of him at the coat hangar.

"This Neo America is a strange place ah?" He said as if talking to himself.

Ziryab

—Neo Brazil—
—Luta Livre Gundam—

"Indeed it is," Akinkawon agreed as he took out a chair across from Boris and sat. "I often thought the country was strange before—both when I watched some of their programming on satellite and internet and again when I listened to the stories of my classmates from America."

A gentle grin crossed his face upon a flood of memories flooding through. "I'm actually using such... 'knowledge' I gleamed from them to manueuver in this country," chuckling.

"Of course second-hand accounts are one thing. First hand and," he searched for a word with his hand, "navigating the reality is another matter. Especially as all of us will be hopping back and forth across this country for the rest of the tournament, neh?"

Ascension

((OOC: Originally I was going to type Alexander's lines in standard English with tags like "Alexander muttered in a heavy Scottish accent" to let you know that he had one. Reading O'Reagan's posts, however, convinced me to type the following... If it's unintelligible, if my accent is off, or if you're Scottish, please don't be offended.))

-Brigadoon

Since it was modeled on a castle, the Brigadoon featured an inner courtyard area perfectly suited for practice. It was here where, away from all but the most determined members of the press, who circled above in helicopters, Alexander put the Claymore Gundam through its paces, working his way past the annoyance lingering in his mind from the opening ceremonies. He took the Gundam to its limits and felt the urge to go farther.

"RUHMIMBARH THUH DUTH OF ALPIN! FUUUUUUUUURY MODE!!!"

The Claymore Gundam's eyes flashed red and, with a hiss followed by a series of clanks and thuds, it shed its armor. With a roar, Alexander drew and ignited his beam claymore. The light from the enormous beam blade gave the Claymore an unearthly appearance. Above, the helicopters moved in a little closer. They didn't have long to get a picture, because the sword soon flickered and sputtered out. A moment later, the Gundam itself powered down, its head slumping lifelessly forwards.

"JENNY! Wha's thuh prahblam?"

"Every time ye go intah Fury Mode, ye poot extrah strain on thuh poor frahme of the Guhndahm. We cannah be affordin' ta do it every time ye prahctuss."

"Wha' ahr ye talkin' about? Restahrt thus Guhndahm now!"

"Thar ye go agin, makin' demahnds! Ah've half ah mind tah go an' see if thuh Irish'd treat me bettarh!"

"Wull tell thut half uh yer mind it kin go fer all Ah cair. Ah'm goin' intah town fer a drink."

"An' awhr whiskey ain't good enuff fer 'im anymair! Good riddahnce! We'll jest let Moira have thuh Guhndahm!"

A glint of anger showed in Alexander's eyes, and he half turned towards Jenny. Thinking better of it, he turned away and continued on the path leading out of the ship, muttering curses as he went.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Wedge14

Boris listened to Akin quietly occasionly sipping his tea, and staring at the coat rack.

When he finally found a moment to slip a word in, he spoke his paper cup of tea firmly grasped by his hairy digits.

He spoke slowly his voice deep and low with a thick Russian accent.
"Travel is made easy by the Gundam Fight Officials. They tell us where to go and when to be there. As fighters our minds should only be focused on the battle at hand, but these strange locales and bizare customs create numerous distractions to most of us outsiders."

He took a loud sip.

"Those are just a sample obstacles in our paths of glory. The one who comes away with the most of this tourney will be the one who turns their obstacles into a learning experience."

Ascension

-A Bar, Washington, D.C.

Alexander, in a generally dark mood, stormed into the bar, past the German in liederhosen and an apparently angry African man. Their problems were not his concern... his concern was whiskey. In large quantities. In heavily accented English, he requested as much. The bartender brought out a bottle and a glass and prepared to pour. Alexander knocked the glass aside and took the bottle from the man's hands.

"Thank ye kindly. Now ye maht wannah be bringin' me anoothahr bahttle fair when this one runs oot." <Thank you kindly. Now you might want to be bringing me another bottle for when this one runs out.>

The bartender chuckled.

"As long as you're paying for it, buddy..."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Dieter Mayers - Neo Germany -

The harried bartender had just set down a pitcher of beer and a cold glass when Ismail lumbered over. "You disturbed my sleep. I don't like that," the Neo Somalian rumbled.

Dieter picked up the glass and took a large swig, taking time to savor the flavor for a moment before setting it down with a clank. He turned and looked Ismail in the eye and said, "You disturb my eyes," in a calm, matter-of-fact tone.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
ORegan

While drinking and watching the Gundam fights he heard "Thank ye kindly. Now ye maht wannah be bringin' me anoothahr bahttle fair when this one runs oot."

that was the tongue of none other but a Scot. Scots! in Washington!? if there was anything int he world that could ruin a good drink, it was a pissant skirt wearing, golf playing, tape inventing Scot. Normally he would start to yell and curse at the Scotsman, but he was way too pissed off to be pissed off at anyone else.

behind him he heard two other's bickering. he glanced over and say that same Neo-Nazi gundam fighter from the night before. there goes the ******* nieghborhood.

"hey Scotsmen, pretty good drink they have here in America uh? too bad they serve it ice cold as if our teets (teeth) need to be frozen solid."

the bartender asked if he'll have another drink "Aye, I'm Irish ya dumb ****, what do you think? of course i'll have another"
Ziryab

—Neo Brazil—
—Luta Livre Gundam—

There was a head shake and grin. "Never thought of it that way too deeply, no," remembering the qualification tournament and last eleven months. And by what he saw of his upcoming opponent out there on the street. That man will certainly be a learning experience. "There were mainly obstacles to me," holding back a smile at how the fighter of Neo Spain reminded him of a great, centuries old literary character.

The two drank partially in silence. Partialy because Akinkawon was mulling over the knowledge. Partially there was little else for the two men to say.

But as they began to part ways, Akin began, "I will look forward to meeting an obstacle such as yourself when our time comes, Seu Boris." Extending a hand before he left the odd looking Russian. "And maybe afterwards we can compare experiences."

Wedge14

Boris shook the man's hand heartilly. He nodded and grunted before saying his parting words.

"You take care of yourself comrade Akin. And we will pass our learning experiences to each other and others through fair sportsmanship and dedication to our fields."

With that Boris disapeared into the cold dark streets of washington. He would wander a bit before he settled in for the night.
Last edited by Wedge14 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.