Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

No posts exist...

Continue on.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Fritz Ashlyn

Recon 5 wrote:(A)someone else has a facepalm- worthy accident
Well, Dieter is pretty much the semi-competant comic relief villain of this story so far...
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
ORegan

Recon 5 wrote:Does Sean exist purely to be defeat himself with incompetence unless (A)someone else has a facepalm- worthy accident or (B)his sheer incompetence outmatches his opponent's skill? Not to insult you, ORegan, but I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor guy...

Also, I predict that no posts will exist for this thread. I can do that because I'm just that good :D.
I'm trying to make Sean the little engine that could.

If you're talking about the pure stupidity of Sean's "What attacks can I do?", then it's simply to make a funny "dick" character....Also, he's drunk, so it's not like he'll be thinking right. If you're talking about the fact that I have him take alot of damage, then it's simply that's how I RP all my characters.

In the OYW RPG, My character went through at least 9 Zaku's, a Dom, a Gyan, a couple zeon planes, and a gelgoog....I don't like making my guy out to be the invinsable character. I find it kind of cheap.

And you must be a witch!
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Recon 5

The only thing left for you to do will be to portray Sean fighting with booze withdrawal symptoms, maybe have Neo Ireland cut off his alcohol budget for once. Mind you, I suspect that it will make Willy even more vocal and annoying :D. Still, your RP style (and Fritz's) is extremely refreshing because you really get into your character. Kudos.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
SNT1

Neo-Ireland, Neo-Scotland and Neo-England need to kill each other already
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ORegan

SNT1 wrote:Neo-Ireland, Neo-Scotland and Neo-England need to kill each other already
You missed the potential fight between Ascension's guy and Sean. I forget how it happened....but it was before there was a Neo-England in the RPG...and I stated that Sean beat Neo-England, and that's why he was so pissed off at Sean....Cardi needs to do a retcon :p

Recon 5 wrote:The only thing left for you to do will be to portray Sean fighting with booze withdrawal symptoms, maybe have Neo Ireland cut off his alcohol budget for once. Mind you, I suspect that it will make Willy even more vocal and annoying Very Happy. Still, your RP style (and Fritz's) is extremely refreshing because you really get into your character. Kudos.
But if he quits the drink, he'll never be able to enter his Drunken Fighting super spectacular mode!

But thanks for the compliment, but I should note that I modeled most of Sean after myself...like the trash talking part and the love of boiled dinners....and he has my exact name :p
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Ascension

I'm back.

*Insert long excuse involving spring break and a blizzard here*
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
SNT1

You missed the potential fight between Ascension's guy and Sean. I forget how it happened....but it was before there was a Neo-England in the RPG...and I stated that Sean beat Neo-England, and that's why he was so pissed off at Sean....Cardi needs to do a retcon :p
It's actually why I jumped to make Neo-England when the second group of signups were allowed :o
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Recon 5

ORegan wrote:But thanks for the compliment, but I should note that I modeled most of Sean after myself...like the trash talking part and the love of boiled dinners....and he has my exact name :p
Ooh, so does Willy visit you at night? :D That wouldn't be very pleasant, I imagine.

Anyway, the bar fight continues. Some times, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, especially if he's abusing his kung fu...

Ok, that was so lame its disturbing.

ORegan

I actually got the idea for Willy from the Simpsons. Ralph Wigum claimed there was a leprechaun that told him to burn things...and using my favorite Groundskeeper for a name..bingo..*Not very original*
SNT1

Recon 5 wrote:((Was that an attack or just a threat? I'll go with it being an attack))
She just destroyed the incoming table and shouted at Tao, actually.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Recon 5

SNT1 wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:((Was that an attack or just a threat? I'll go with it being an attack))
She just destroyed the incoming table and shouted at Tao, actually.
Righto. Editing now.

artmaster079

In case anyone cared, I finally finished the fight. (Yay!!!) Yeah, so someone might wana call it...

Also, is the current situation at O'Malley going on at the same time as my fight or later? I'd at least lie to watch the fun...
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

A bit late for that. The fight's almost over unless someone else interferes. The man will be back soon, though. You can count on it.

Ascension

No doubt you have noticed my recent absence. I am sad to say that I'm sort of going through an emotional breakdown right now, and college is really being a pain, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop my online RPGs. I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Goodbye and good luck. Maybe I'll see you again sometime in the future.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Recon 5

Don't feel too bad about it. After all, Mechatalk is always open. Its been great having you on this board.

SNT1

Ascension wrote:No doubt you have noticed my recent absence. I am sad to say that I'm sort of going through an emotional breakdown right now, and college is really being a pain, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop my online RPGs. I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Goodbye and good luck. Maybe I'll see you again sometime in the future.
that's a bummer. well, good luck with your life.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

so what's the good word on this thing?
Wedge14

Urgh. I'm so sorry about this.

I've been super busy!! I'm in night school for culinary arts, and am still doing the whole police academy thing during the day. :? That plus my part time job and an excessive life of drinking and partying down usually keeps me pretty sapped.

But don't worry. I'm gonna try and sort some things out before the weekend is over. Hopefully me and Cardi can either get things moving again, or we'll have things ready to move again.

Once again, i'm really sorry about this!

EDIT: I'm just waiting to discuss something Cardi.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Wedge14

The decision was made yesterday, but I decided to wait to today to inform everyone. With mine and Cardi's current schedule we have decided that both of us are unable to GM a game as demanding as this one. Considering the high number of drop outs and the amount of time it has spent in limbo we believe it would just be best to close this game.

I'm sad to see her go. And i'm really sorry for the people who feel a lil' gipp'd because of this news. But in retrospect this game ran quite well. We actually broke an old MT curse with the AU rpgs! All in all i think we had quite a success.

I'd like to thank everyone involved, Heretic, Cardi all our players. All the people who took over abandoned characters, all the people who nerfed their suits in the sake of fairness.

Thanks guys. I look forward to the next rpg. That takes this ol girl's spot. I'll try and take a run at GMing another perhaps.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!