Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG » RPG Archive




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am
Posts: 4536
-Sammy-

As the group of misfits debated on who should go and how this operation should be done, Sammy just observed, looking back and forth at their spat. Sammy then finally speaks out and spills out the rest of the plan. And it looks like Sammy's idea matches that of Amy's more.

"I'm not sure you can keep stealth by forcibly stealing documents by blowing up doors.... And I tell ya, this is a better time to get that document more than any other time," she says, "Once they finish this round of testing, they go to freaking Philippines to test their weapons there. So this is our only time to get what we need---and we have to drop our stealth."

"Yes, we're also going to plant explosives to destroy the lab itself, just so they'll try to spend their time looking for it."

"Think about this, Eric," Sammy turns to Eric and explains, "Why do you think they're testing weapons just outside are backyard? Lancaster probably has their own dedicated test course facility, surely that big of an R&D and defense facility have something of the sort, right? I really, really don't think it's because of the raving reviews of our steak by food magazines this past month that they decided to test here..."

"I have a feeling that we and the Empire are trying to one-up each other in a grand game of chess..." Sammy shrugs, feeling as though the enemy knows about them, and their little meetup here in Barstow is the last piece of the puzzle before blowing it up. She thinks she may have some fault there, starting an aggressive recruitment campaign. Undoubtedly there are some people who couldn't keep their mouth shut.

Sammy falls into a mix of fatigue and a bit of inferiority complex against her father; Samuel managed to keep it tight under wraps for 29 years, she nearly blows the lid in under one year.

She then shakes herself off and continues saying the plan after some worrying moments of silence from Sammy. "Anyways... once they find us out, and they will, I need mobile suits to shoot down the Leos guarding. I think there are still two to four mobile suits there, (OOC: plus some PCs who choose to be there). Hopefully that distracts the defense enough that my partner and I can make a getaway."

"If no one volunteers, I may have to volunteer someone else to do it. Sorry new guy, I don't know you enough yet but maybe you can show me your stuff in robot combat," Sammy, non-personally dismisses Magnus' offer.

_________________
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:09 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm
Posts: 535
-Vann-

"That," Vann said, speaking up from the back, "would be what I signed up for. Trust me boss, what I lack in subtlety I can more than make up for with a suit." He looked around the room, gauging people's reactions.

Here's that f*cking therapy you need, Vann. Some @ss-kicking therapy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:55 pm
Posts: 370
Location: over there
"I've got nothing against taking out what we need to take out," Eric added after taking a deep breath. "That's why we're here, isn't it? I'm just against turning the whole base into a pile of slag."

"As for someone on the ground, I'm no demo-man, but I know a guy... but I doubt he'd come cheap." he said, looking at Sam. "If we can pay up, I'm sure he'd at least make the trip. He could be down here in about six hours. He might even be willing to contribute to our mobile suit and pilot compliment."

_________________
*insert witty eyecatch here*


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:37 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 603
Location: Subsumed by the ELS
"Screw it. I'll go in with the Samster." Kate scowled but piped up anyways, "Besides, none of the rest of ya could keep a straight face with a gun under your skirt anyhow."

_________________
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:27 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:58 am
Posts: 71
"If it's all the same to you, I'm going to go check on my mobile suit. Send someone up after me if you need anything."

With this, Magnus turned his back on Sammy, and began to depart. As he passed Kate, he paused briefly, and began to speak.

"Would you be willing to speak with me for a few minutes?"

With this, Magnus walked out of the room, and headed back up to the surface. Once he reached his GuAIZ, Magnus removed his mantle and belt, stashing both of them in his cockpit, and re-entered the base so he could find a place to recharge his GuAIZ' batteries.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:25 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Posts: 1088
Location: South Australia
"pfft, whatever" Amy replied dismissively at eric "also, if you call me a psychopath again, i'm leaving, I don't need to put up with strife from a guy who gets his clothes via dumpster diving." she added before walking back to her chair and sitting down.

***hole. she though to herself, fast becomming unimpressed with some of the group that had employed her, but she felt somewhat vindicated when sammy revealed the rest of the plan

_________________
Flag Fighter for life!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:25 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:55 pm
Posts: 370
Location: over there
Eric sighed as he placed the empty bottle onto the bar for... whoever to clean up later. He was quickly becoming tired of these people. He missed his life working for the agricultural companies. Protecting crop fields and processing plants was easy, especially when he didn't have to actually hang out with the nut jobs he worked with. He also got payed substantially, which was a good bit more than he could say for this gig.

Still, he decided to keep his mouth shut. These people had blood and explosions on their minds, and, no matter how much of an issue Eric had with that, he was going to go and make sure that at least somebody lived to tell the tale.

_________________
*insert witty eyecatch here*


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am
Posts: 4536
-Sammy-

"Alright... Kate's coming with me. Let's see... I'll put our two macho guys in mobile suit fifteen miles away from the base, so they can come and destroy mobile suits once I give the order. Kate, you and I will need to park our suits inside giant bed trucks. The drivers will come to our aid in the base once I give the order. Let's see... everyone else will back up Eric and Vann should they have trouble dealing with their first line of defense.

"...Given enough time, the boys testing here in Barstow would come back to Lancaster in a panic... that's when we retreat. And when you retreat, don't go directly to Barstow; stagger about in all directions, so they can't track us down. All of you are mercenaries or have been one at any point, piloting alone shouldn't be too hard for you..."

"Any questions? If not you guys can relax for the next day, then we'll put this plan into fruition..."

_________________
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:14 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 603
Location: Subsumed by the ELS
Kate, the meeting adjourned, wandered into the hanger. She would get the details on her what her role and equipment from Sammy later. Magnus had wanted to talk, so she found the right berth and called up to the GuAIZ's cockpit. "You wanted to talk to me? Hurry up, I want to double check and prep my suit before I end up as Sammy's real life dress-up doll later and she tries to stuff me in some imperial uniform."

_________________
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Posts: 1088
Location: South Australia
with a yawn, amy got up from her chair and followed kate into the hangar, aiming to get a feel for the layout of the place, to her suprise she saw that her Flag had been towed into the hangar while it was in plane mode, shrugging her shoulders she clambered onto the mobile suit, fetched her dissassembled rifle from a compartment in the cockpit and sat down at a nearby table, dimly noting that he GuAIZ located there was the same one she took a swipe at in Mojave

slowly and meticulously she layed out all the parts for her FN FAL, setting about cleaning each part before diligently assembling the weapon, once she was satisfied with her work she went looking for sammy, holding the gun by its carrying handle

"hey" she said to the resistance by way of greeting when she found her "got anywhere around here that i can fire off a few rounds? need to zero the sights on this"

_________________
Flag Fighter for life!


Last edited by blind_dead_mcjones on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:26 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:58 am
Posts: 71
"I'd like you to keep your eyes out for something in Lancaster. I remember seeing a saber which matches the one I usually wear in one of the officer's quarters. I'd like you to retrieve that for me if it wouldn't take you too far out of your way, and if possible, find out why that officer has one of these."

Magnus leaned against a wall, noticing the cold of the underground base much more acutely without his mantle to protect him from it.

"I found my saber on the body of a rebel I killed in battle, and I'd like to figure out what it means, and how the rebel is connected to that Imperial officer."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:35 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm
Posts: 535
-Vann-

Vann was not happy to see the mercs in the hangar. He didn't trust anyone whose only motivation was money. His support team was still working on his Gundam. Vann's support team was the only group of people he could trust. Well he could trust them to be a bunch of complete f*ckups. He looked up at the catwalk, which held a teen roughly his age talking into a headset. "HEY CAPTUX, QUIT F*CKING AROUND AND GET THIS THING READY FOR THE NEXT MISSION."

Solar Captux climbed down from the balcony to talk to Vann. "Do you ever relax, V? Like, ever?"

"Yeah, relax. Whatever. We're attacking Lancester in a few days, so consider this an advance warning to not f*ck around with the operating system."

"Relax, V. I just made a few updateth to your thythtem. You'll have time to try them all out."

"I swear, this better work, you'll finding yourself having to replace your teeth." Solar was probably the closest thing Vann had to a friend. He was an expert coder, and had personally written the operating system for Vann's Gundam. He had personally invited Vann to come to Firebrand. While Vann's uncontrollable temper and Solar's random mood swings made them rather tense, they were still incredibly close. Solar himself was scrawny and had an obvious lisp, two thing he was incredibly conscious of.

"So," Vann asked, "What do you think of these new Mercs?"

"It'd be cool to check out their operating thythtems, might as well thee what crap they uthe thethe dayth. Probably thome horrifically outdated verthion."

"Yeah, forgot that was all you f*cking cared about," Vann grunted. He still just didn't like having the others around.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:55 pm
Posts: 370
Location: over there
While everyone else was d!cking around, Eric had decided to shed his disguise and take a shower. Today had been a bad day on several measures, and he need something to feel like he wasn't completely awash in the planet's underground turmoil. It was shower or get high, and, since getting high required something to actually get high on, he took to the spray of hot water like a moth to the lightbulb.

Once he was as clean as he could get, he put his usual clothes on and headed for the only thing in this place that he could get some trusted privacy - the cockpit of his GINN. He loved this machine, and he was pretty sure that it loved him back. It had kept him alive through several trials, including one 'suicide' mission, and had more than 30 mobile suit kills to its name with Eric as the pilot.

Mobile suit combat was, however, not the machine's specialty. It was mainly an anti-ship unit, made for, as it's name suggested, assaulting... stuff. It had taken a lot of tuning to the machine's OS to make it a capable MS fighter. Before that, Eric had used a lot of luck combined with the thing's large loadout to overwhelm his opponents.

Unfortunately, Eric had taken care of all of his tuning for the day earlier that day, so there wasn't much for him to do except thumb through the paperback he had pilfered from a bench in town. It wasn't much on the entertainment side, but it was distracting enough to keep him from going nuts.

I need a computer... the merc reminded himself as he pulled the book out the small storage locker beneath the cockpit chair. A computer or a girl... maybe just a computer.

_________________
*insert witty eyecatch here*


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am
Posts: 4536
-Sammy-

"Hm? Target practice is just outside of the mine. Don't worry getting caught, every household in Barstow has some sort of target practice," Sammy says it as matter-of-factly when Amy asked for a range. "You can access it via the elevator to the mines."

And right after that, Sammy heads of to another direction. She goes up to the opposite lift taking her back to the restaurant level, and exits the building. She walks a few hundred feet, and enters a home, using her personal key.

Straight for the bedroom, she crashes into the bed as her body immediately perepares to shut down. "It's about to get worse..." Sammy quietly whispers to herself. Father...

_________________
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:02 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 603
Location: Subsumed by the ELS
Kate cocked an eyebrow at Magnus' request and reasons, it was rather ridiculous to her. "Look Magnum, One. I've never seen your sword so I have zero idea what to look for, didn't know anyone still carried one 'cept for ceremony. Two. I doubt we'll be going anywhere near the officer's quarters, since ya know, by definition it's full of officers who will be likely out lookin' to kill us. And even in the event that we do, and there is no one there, the only thing I'll be doing there is taking anything I can pocket that looks valuable and isn't nailed down!" She sighed and toned down the sarcasm, it didn't do to be short with the new help. "Look, if I see your friggin' sword, assuming you show me what to look for, and if I can grab it, I'll try, but you will owe me big; And don't expect me to stay around asking questions about a dead guy in the middle of an Empire base, you do that on your own time." With that she stalked off to her own suit, probably the most distinctive of the bunch: a deep hot-rod purple MS the local help had taken to nicknaming, "The Katefer".
Kate's was custom, high-speed, high-performance machine, designed to be as fast and maneuverable as possible, even despite its seeming bulk when compared to something like a flag; The thing studded with high output motors and oversize thrusters. The other Firebrand techs never touched it, Kate was the only one who knew how the engineering marvel was built and seemed to be the only one who could keep it in top shape. Kate had learned from the best in her tenure as an MS technician, and she doubted there was anything west of Vegas that could match it, maybe save for one of Lem's specials. Its only real problem was that it was a fuel hog, Kate was still looking into a way to integrate a pair of drop-tanks to the knee mounts but she still needed a few parts she didn't have to rig it correctly. Still, it seemed that probably wouldn't be a problem for the job ahead, so that could wait for the moment. Following a ride up the lift she flops back into in her flag style cockpit and set her computer to run a full diagnostic while she tweaked thruster output values to optimize the suit's use of ground effect.

_________________
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!


Last edited by Attomoku on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:33 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:58 am
Posts: 71
Magnus climbed into the cockpit of his GuAIZ, and began figuring out whether or not he would make enough by participating in this mission to justify the damage it would do to his GuAIZ.

'This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. Regardless of any plans which might be in place, it seems highly unlikely that attacking Lancaster is going to work out for these rebels.'

Magnus rested his forehead against the plam of his right hand, and began doing a full diagnostic of his GuAIZ.

'Oh well, at least they'll be paying me well. Of course, if I weren't getting paid, I'd never participate in something this half-assed.'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:53 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Posts: 1088
Location: South Australia
"gotcha, and thanks" amy replied before strolling off to the elevator sammy mentioned, after a quick jaunt through a mine shaft she found herself at what the group considered the target range, taking up position she fiddled with the rear iron sight before lining it up at the furthest target.

"350 meters" she muttered as she gently squeezed on the trigger, a snap echoed through the desert as the rifle fired, her shot striking near the centre area, she smiled gently but fired off a few more shots just to be sure, aiming for different targets at varying distances and firing positions.

satisfied that the sights were setup correctly, Amy ventured back to the hangar and into her Flag's cockpit, stowing the rifle and giving everything a once over, however her brow furrowed when she head some guy with a lisp mention something about wanting to look at the mercs' mobile suit operating systems. must remind myself to tell him that this one is off limits. she thought as she checked the settings for the pile bunkers.

_________________
Flag Fighter for life!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:22 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm
Posts: 535
Vann looked over his machine. "So what the f*ck did you do to it this time?"

"I had another go at your targeting computer. Becauthe You can't thoot for thhit." Vann grunted in indignation. He wasn't inaccurate, he just preferred to fire rapidly. "Altho, I tweaked the IFF thythtem tho you can identify who'th a genuine friendly and who'th jutht a merc."

"Can I shoot the Mercs?"

"Not the friendly oneth. Your comp won't let you thoot." Vann groaned. "Quit being thutch a drama-wh*re. You wouldn't thoot thomeone on your thide, and you know it."

Vann again had to grunt, this time in agreement. "Still, I don't like them. The're only in it for the money. What happens if we can't pay them?" Solar nodded, expressing his own concerns.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:24 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Posts: 1088
Location: South Australia
despite her attempts to ignore the complaints of vann and his buddy being picked up by her Flag's audio sensors, amy couldn't help but get somewhat offended, ungrateful punks. she thought sourly as she continued her systems check

"well, everything seems in order." she said to herself. "might as well have a nap." she flicked a switch and the cockpit closed, leaving her shut off in her own world away from all the percieved nusances as she let helf fall asleep

_________________
Flag Fighter for life!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » RPG » RPG Archive


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: