4GFFG: Round Three: Neo Egypt Neo Greece

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

4GFFG: Round Three: Neo Egypt Neo Greece

The third fight of Round Three is 3 Neo Egypt vs Neo Greece in the Caverns.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
The Chief of Braves

Re: 4GFFG: Round Three: Neo Egypt Neo Greece

Jamil had arrived at the caverns that would be the arena for his latest round earlier than the prearranged time. He had no compelling reasons to do so except maybe for the little heated discussion that went awry with his chief operator, Siti. It was hardly his fault to begin with, maybe, but while the details of the discussion can be saved for another time, the fact remains that they parted on less than kind words, and while the calm expression of his face doesn’t show it, he was practically simmering under the skin.

And so here he waited patiently, the Horus Gundam standing stock still facing the other entrance where his opponent would be coming in front, with his wing shields folded forward in place and the Was Staff out in his hand while trying to dissipate much of the heat from his mind with some success, hampered by the constant reminder that he was going to get into a fight very soon. It was probably not a good thing to continue with the state of mind he’s in, but at the moment, he couldn’t care less.

Once he sees the first telltale sign of his opponent, Jamil wouldn’t budge right away, and instead initiated the opening rites of the Gundam Fight impatiently. “Gundam Fight!?”
It doesn’t take much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf.
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Humanity is a silly species, doomed to extinction.
The superior strives to lead, the inferior seeks to dominate.
thatguyent

His mobile fighter had gone through some serious repairs after the last match. Two rounds in, and two matches in a row where his fighter had been heavily damaged had put the young Spartiate fighter at odds with his government's political representatives here at the Gundam fight. They had told him in no uncertain terms that his haphazard way of throwing himself in to the fight had almost cost him his status as their Gundam Fighter twice now. Truthfully, he couldn't blame them for being angry.

However, he was a Spartiate warrior. Wounds on the battle field were learning experiences, and marks to be proudly worn amongst one's contemporaries during the few reprieves a Spartan gets from battle. They may have concerned the politicians, but not Polynikes. He and his Hoplite were ready.

Another fight was about to begin, and as the Spartiate warrior marched forward in to battle, his unit flanked on either side by it's accompanying Phalanx bits, a few of which had been required to undergo serious repairs themselves, he smirked within the mobile trace system equipped cockpit. The skintight latex resembling devicer's suit used to track his motions resembled something more akin to a wetsuit then a Spartan's armor, but he was still proud to wear it.

Marching proudly ahead of his phalanx bits, and hefting a holographic projection of his Gundam's Dory and Shield ready at bear, the fully repaired (though still in need of some new paint) Hoplite mimicked his actions perfectly. "GUNDAM FIGHT!!!"

Polynikes called aloud, slamming his shield repeatedly with his Gundam's massive spear, the beam bladed end igniting as he performed the act. "READY GO!!!"
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
The Chief of Braves

Slowly, Jamil took the first, step forward towards the Hoplite Gundam. As he did so, the wings covering the Horus Gundam unfurls, folds up and away to spread wide to either side of it, revealing the red Eyes of Horus underneath the wing, giving the effect of something large staring at the Hoplite Gundam and its Gundam Fighter.

"Come on, let do this." Jamil said, drawing his beam pistol from its recharge rack and raised it and fired three beam shots in rapid succession at the Hoplite Gundam.
thatguyent

"Quick to the chase, I think I'm going to enjoy this bout!" Polynikes called. Raising his shield, to easily deflect the three shots from the Horus's beam pistol. The eerie appearance of the eyes emblazoned upon the Horus's wings did not deter the Neo Greek however, as he went in to a full bore run toward the other mobile weapon.

He smiled within his cockpit as he gave a command for the Phalanx bits to circle around the Horus, from behind. Two of them he diverted upward, to create a roof above the Neo Egyptian mobile weapon, limiting his flight ability even more effectively then the caverns had already done for him. The Spartiate fighter would have to remember to thank whomever was responsible for the choice of arena for this battle, he thought, as he placed the Beam Dory upon its back mounted recharge rack. He continued holding his Shield up and to the fore, to absorb any further shots from the beam pistols, while the defense fields of his bits would possibly deflect them back toward their originator, which made the young fighter's smile even wider. Maybe he would add to the fray?

Drawing his own beam rifle from the back of his mobile fighter's waist, the Greek let fire three rounds. Each shot targeting not the Horus, but one of the Phalanx bits which had circled around him. If the fields responded correctly, the three shots would bounce back in to the rear of the opponent fighter, hopefully crippling the main thrusters of the high mobility unit, greatly reducing its combat efficiency.

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
The Chief of Braves

Jamil eyed the Phalanx Bits as they circle around him with an incredulous look, wondering what on Earth were they besides the purpose behind them. Whatever they were however, Jamil didn't like what his opponent was doing one bit, and no sooner did he thought of that, the Hoplite Gundam opened fired, causing Jamil to jerk the Horus Gundam to the left to avoid the shot. As he turns to follow the shot, he finds that the shots hit one of the energy barrier the Phalanx Bits was generating, and was somehow directed towards him!

Jamil didn't have time to react to the rebounding attack, only to brace himself as the shots hit him in the side and shoulder armor, which singed the anti-beam coating at where they hit and emitting smoke. Jamil cringed at the pain caused by the shots, though his armor seems to have held on for now.

What Jamil realizes now was that this was a very grave situation he was in. He was careless to get himself surrounded like this, but this can still be rectified if he does things right. For now, Jamil turns and fires his head vulcans at the Hoplite Gundam, to gauge his reactions for something...
thatguyent

"Here I come then!" Polynikes pronounced, replacing his beam rifle upon the rear waist armor of his Mobile Fighter as he rushed the enemy. His own verniers kicked in at the last moment of the rush, helping him leap upward above the oncoming Vulcan gun fire, which re responded to with his own. As the Hoplite's Vulcans let loose with a barrage of fire toward the Horus, his suit came in to a heavy fall, the right arm of the Gundam having reached back behind its torso.

As the fall ended, the arm returned to the foreground, now holding the ignited Dory, which it sent in to a forward lunge, all in one swift motion. Polynikes intended to harpoon the Horus through its right shoulder, crippling its offense, and pinning it for a further assault. As all this took place, the Phalanx bits had tightened their dome like deployment around the Horus, limiting its superior mobility even more. "Sorry friend, but I can not allow you any quarter here. Battle is met, there will be no escape!"

The Chief of Braves

"Uoooh!!"

As the Hoplite Gundam jumps up into the air to come down on his with its large spear like weapon, Jamil sees a chance for him to counterattack. Bracing himself back, the Eyes of Horus turns up to face the approaching Hoplite Gundam, and without warning, the built in beam flash emitter lit up and firing a cascade of harmless, super bright light directly at the Hoplite Gundam with the intent to blind the Gundam Fighter.

As he did so, he also ignites the Was Staff's beam emitter, which emits the large beam war scythe it also doubles as, and strafes to left and colliding into the energy field that was boxing him in to dodge before he brings it up in an upward slash quickly to parry the beam dory and tries to swing it away from him and hopefully leave the Hoplite Gundam open for an attack.

"I may be just an archaeologist, but I will stand my ground where I stand if I have to!" Jamil shouted. "So don't think I'm easy prey for you!"
thatguyent

"Nice trick, that light show would have been the end for me, if not for my shield," The Neo Greek responded. As he had been leading with his shield up and to the fore during his leap to protect from incoming fire, all it had taken to protect his eyes from the blinding beams was to look downward by arching his neck. Of course, that had brought on momentary blindness of its own, as he had been forced to look away from his opponent. So the Dory strike attempt went wide, leaving the spear pointed toward nothing but empty air. However, as he pivoted on his hips to realign himself for another strike, the Spartan trained fighter used his opponent's side step to his advantage. The attempted parry having been off its mark as he had stabbed empty air and already withdrawn his spear, this now opened the Neo Egyptian unit up for his own less subtle blinding tactic. Letting loose a barrage of Vulcan gun fire toward the other Gundam's eyes in an attempt to damage the sensors in the unit's head, the young fighter thrust with his Dory again. This time he meant to plunge the blade directly through the Gundam's right leg.

The Phalanx bits during all this commotion had continued to circle tighter, until they now held the two men in a tight circle, three of them floating over head to keep the Horus from escaping through the air. There was no way out, and ranged combat really wasn't an option. So it was down to the Dory versus the Was Staff for now. This was definitely turning out to be an interesting bout. "Good show... now let's see you dodge this time!"

The Chief of Braves

As the Hoplite Gundam opens fire with its vulcan guns, Jamil quickly took a few quick steps back as far as he can be allowed in the makeshift circle of floating energy barrier while the left wing shields folds down to bring the more heavily armored section up to block the gun fire.

Despite the disruption under the hail of steel and fire, Jamil can still see his opponent albeit with difficulty, and saw that it was pulling back probably for another strike with its god-forsaken spear. Despite being boxed in like this and having his range of movement limited to an inconsiderable degree, the the Horus Gundam was still fast and nimble on its feet, testament of Jamil's training and experience during his archaeological expeditions with encounters with armed tomb robbers or hostile desert tribes more often than not.

So, the Horus Gundam thruster-assisted strafes to the left to avoid the incoming strike, after which Jamil follows up by folding the wing shields away again to quickly dash up and slash downward at the long shaft of the Hoplite Gundam's spear, hoping to disable the weapon and put an end to this attack at least.
thatguyent

Polynikes counter was simple. He pivoted at the waist. Pulling his Spear back behind the Hoplite's body to point, beam tip, toward the earth behind the Gundam. His other arm, now hefting the semi-dome like shield high, was in front now, and the shield's defense field charged to full with the beginning of his next command.

"Crushing..." The voice of the Neo Greek exploded over all channels, including the loud speaker of his fighter, which brought a loud cheer from the crowd. "...SURGE!!!!!"

The attack commenced, the defensive field extending to its full field of coverage, and charging to full power. As this happened, the fields of each Phalanx bit did the same, and the charge commenced. Shield first, driven towards the pectoral and facial region of the Horus. The Beam Dory thrust downward in an attempt to pin the Was Staff down, and in a final culmination, the 9 bits of the Phalanx all rushed in, driving their defensive field enhanced plating against the Gundarium flesh of the enemy mobile weapon repeatedly.

"Let's see if you can dodge that!"

The Chief of Braves

Always think fast on your feet boy; sometimes, the best course of action are planned in the heat of things.

The words of his mentor and colleague, Doctor Jones, came unbidden into Jamil's mind. As he pulled his beam war scythe back after failing to cut the twice cursed Neo-Greek Gundam's weapon. He was now invariably at a turning point where one wrong move would spell a quick and utter defeat before he has a chance to soar high in this fight; boxed in from almost all direction in a cavern with a ceiling level too low for the Horus Gundam's flight ability, this fight is arguably the most disadvantageous for Jamil thus far.

Fortunately for his opponent, dodging was the last thing on Jamil's mind when faced with his new predicament. Never a fight before this has been so restrictive yet exciting and adrenaline rushing for Jamil. Grimacing and clenching both his fists tight, he faced his opponent up front.

Sound Cue: ~Turning Point~

Calmly, and barely containing a strained grim grin, he opened his mouth. "Set Up Mode Change; Pass Code: The Conqueror."

[Yes, sir. Get set.]

When the on board computer confirms the vocal command and its code being uttered by Jamil, the Horus Gundam changes on the spot: all its thruster engines opens and began to whine to life, but those who has witnessed the Horus Gundam before might be able to notice that the sound it makes this time was slightly higher, and as it reaches the crescendo of its maximum power, the engines roared at its greatest, free of the restriction built onto it, and free to conquer its opponent when push comes to shove, even if it cannot conquer the skies.

Without warning, the Horus Gundam began to spin counter clockwise very fast, assisted by its now unrestricted thrusters which were emitting endless golden embers that gathered around the Horus Gundam before the wind generated by its spinning blew them away in all directions, giving the impression of glowing dust devil. With the Horus Gundam now spinning like a top with its wing shield angled slightly outward, it would easily push and bat away the beam dory being aimed at it. The result is likewise the same with the Phalanx Bits, where the moment they make contact with the fast spinning Horus, they too would be batted and pushed away, and maybe for a brief moment, the defensive field surrounding the Horus Gundam was in tatters, and any attempts to try rushing him again would be met with the same result.

But Jamil was not going to use the opening to escape and put some distance between him and the Hoplite Gundam.

Instead, the beam war scythe would appear spinning as well from the center of the Horus hurricane, and the Horus would then move ‘forward’ towards the Hoplite Gundam, and would slash repeatedly at it with its beam war scythe in rapid succession at various level of height randomly with each revolution it makes, particularly at its leg, in an attempt to overpower and overcome its defensive shield and hopefully be able to land several hits where it is unguarded by the shield.

All the while, inside the Horus Gundam, Jamil was straining to hold up against the impressive Gees the Horus Gundam was pulling just from the maneuver itself…

---

[Conqueror Mode: 1/8 turns until deactivation.]
thatguyent

"Defensive Stance!" Polynikes raged in to the maelstrom before him, as he planted his legs wide, building a solid base, as the anchoring hooks in his MF's calves latched down in to the earth. The heavy Gundarium claw like anchors held him steady as he lifted his shield. The defensive field still fully charged after his last attack rush held firm, as his Bits all returned to form a semi circle around him.

"PHALANX FORMATION!" As the call was completed the defensive fields of all bits, and the shield reached their full potential, and formed together against one another, forming a nigh impenetrable wall of energy, which could do just as much harm to an oncoming enemy, as it could defend the Hoplite from such damage. The wild flailing of the Was Staff's war scythe format would do no harm to the energized field of defense holding solid before the Hoplite, though the weapon itself may take quite some damage. You see with that energy wall active, the Hoplite could nigh be touched, however, anything coming in contact with that field would feel as though they had just struck a brick wall.

"Let's see what can last longer... the rage of some forgotten god!" Polynikes called in to the distance between himself and the tempest that had become the beam scythe wielding enemy. "...or the Shield of Aegis! The Indestructible will of the Spartan Phalanx!"

The Chief of Braves

The Horus Gundam immediately stopped spinning once it became apparent that its current tactic wasn’t likely to penetrate the defensive wall easily, not without drastic measures. As such, Jamil pulls back and puts some distance between himself and the Hoplite Gundam, spreading the shield wings on either side of him as all of its thrusters continued to burn, and the Was beam war scythe relatively undamaged as it was also made of the same sterner stuffs as the Horus Gundam’s frame.

Jamil panted heavily, as he eyed and wondered how he was going to try and defeat a defense of that caliber, considering he had yet to face an opponent that was as steadfast and tough as this Neo-Greek bangsat. He could try focusing an attack on one point in the shield and try to overpower the entire field. Certainly, with that much power usage, it can’t possibly be kept up for too long without straining whatever power was generating it?

Whatever the mechanics behind the phalanx formation was, Jamil was not up to finding out right now, at least not when he is in a fight. Or does he?

He gave the cavern around him a thorough look for the first time, noting the rock formation and the ceiling level which he now estimates mentally. After he was done, the hovering Horus Gundam suddenly transforms into the Horus Gundam and flew straight towards the defending Hoplite Gundam, seemingly intent of ramming it with a force that could obliterate rocks, greater than the force of his earlier twister move.

"HORUS CRASH!" Jamil screamed out the move for all to hear.

But at the very last minute, before it would make contact with the energy field protecting the Hoplite Gundam, the Horus Gundam suddenly pulls up and began to spin again before it hit the rocky ceiling right above the Hoplite Gundam and began ‘drilling’ it: boulders and debris of all sizes would begin to rain down on top of the Hoplite Gundam, pounding the top of the defensive field before settling at the base of the field where they lay.

It would seems that Jamil plans to use nature to try and defeat the Phalanx Formation, for whatever good it does for him or his opponent. At the very least, the torrent of rocks continued to pour down and bashing on top of the field...

---

[Conqueror Mode: 2/8 turns until deactivation.]
thatguyent

"Phalanx, shift your shields!" Called Polynikes, as he himself fell hard to his back, having taken his own legs from below him, to lay flush to the stone earth below his Gundam. As the Hoplite came down hard, it did just as he commanded the bits to, raising its shield directly in front of its face and torso, and holding the full charge of the defensive field in that position.

The bits soon followed suit, three overlapping one another in front of his legs. Two more at his torso. Yet another pair protecting his right side, while one reinforced his shielded left, and the final bit, taking position over the Gundam's face. The Spartan-like visage of the Gundam with its helmet plume and V-Fin seemed to grimace as the light washed against it from above, the Was Staff and the energy field of the Phalanx Bits doing strange things to the pallor in the cave like arena.

Considering his current predicament, the Neo Greek was at a loss. If he were to lower the shield for even a moment, it would most certainly mean being crushed by the falling debris, which he was certainly only stopping now by doubling and tripling his shield-wall thickness with the Phalanx Bits. If he were to hold the full power charge of the Phalanx Formation technique for too much longer though, it mattered not how powerful the shield may be, it wouldn't last forever. Certainly probably not as long as this damn raging Conqueror mode of his opponent.

"You've got style Jamil! I'll give you that!"

The Chief of Braves

Jamil couldn't answer, as the spinning move and constant drilling requires most of his attention besides keeping an eye on where the Hoplite Gundam was at all times so he can continue to rain more and more rocks down on it as long as he could. The growing mountain of rocks surrounding the defending Gundam, which was piling up high to the level of its waist probably by now, was testament to Jamil's determination to neutralize the Phalanx Formation one way or another.

It was the only thing he can probably do right now, and he will see it through. If he can try pushing himself to the limit he can reach in this fight, then losing might not be as painful as when he doesn't try his best. Granted, losing was the last thing he has in his mind right now...

---

[Conqueror Mode: 3/8 turns until deactivation.]
thatguyent

"Phalanx, shift!" Ordered Polynikes from within the cockpit, causing the umbrella like coverage of the bits to lift higher in to the air. The energy field maintained its solidity, though barely, as the Hoplite stood to its feet. The left arm mounted shield lead the way as the Gundam stood, hefting its Beam Dory in to position, raising the short sword like mast head of the weapon skyward.

Crouching low and building up as much tensile strength in his calves as possible, in preparation to jump, the spartiate fighter braced himself. He had to think fast, and he knew that there was likely only one way he could defeat the Conqueror mode's attack, bury it beneath the rubble it was creating. So focusing all of the power he could from his Mobile Fighter's generator in to the shield mounted upon its forearm the Hoplite leaped for the sky upon Polynikes's action.

As his legs lifted from the bottom of the cockpit, the Gundam perfectly matched his action, going skyward with a burst from its leg hydraulics, and the verniers upon various parts of the mobile weapon. As the mobile weapon exploded from the ground, the Phalanx bits shifted aside, leaving a slight opening in the field of coverage created by the Phalanx formation, just wide enough for the Beam Dory's sword like spear tip to stab through. The thrust was aimed for the top of the Horus's neck, just at the base of the Gundam's helm. If the strike against the obviously single minded-raging opponent was able to make contact, then this fight would certainly be over. For no Gundam, no matter how advanced, or powerful, least no Gundam that Polynikes had fought, could survive with out its head. However in the converted Falcon mode, the Horus's head was very well protected, making this strike a one off attack. If Polynikes didn't manage to hit home in this thrust, he wouldn't get another chance, Jamil would be sure of that.

Hopefully the thrust would hit home, and stall the Gundam, if not wreck it completely, giving Polynikes enough time to initiate his true attack. He would rebound off of the Horus in their collision, using a back springing pole vault like maneuver driven by the Dory's shaft, to rise toward the ceiling of the cavern. There he would use another Shield Crash, and completely bury both Mobile Fighters. In which case, hopefully, his Phalanx Formation would hold up.

"Well, This is it!"

The Chief of Braves

“Jahanam!”

Much to Jamil’s great dismay, from a brief glance down, the Neo-Greek fighter seems to catch on to what he was planning to do of sort; bury him under piles of rock to effectively put him out of the fight without having to go full-on physical on him. Jamil should have known it was too good a plan not to be messed up somehow and it was only a matter of time.

As the Hoplite Gundam escapes the rocky hold that Jamil had so carefully thrown at it, he realized that he was between a rock and a hard place; with the Horus Gundam’s Falcon mode and the position he was in, the only way to move was up or the side, and transforming back into mobile fighter mode right now would leave himself open to an attack for a good few seconds.

His only alternative, which he’d rather not take but does anyway, was to stop the drilling immediately and end the lost gambit of burying the Hoplite Gundam under a mountain of rocks. He then cuts off most of the Horu Gundam’s propulsion system which would make it unable to stay aloft and slowly fall downwards to barely avoid the incoming spear strike; it manage to graze the top of the falcon’s head and igniting sparks.

Once he was in the clear and lower than the Hoplite Gundam, Jamil transforms back to the Horus Gundam’s mobile fighter form, and with the Eyes of Horus flashing the blinding white light again, puts some distance away from his opponent so he can regain his breath and strength he exerted while in constant, spinning motion. All the while, he was completely unaware of what the Hoplite Gundam was trying to do.

---

[Conqueror Mode: 4/8 turns until deactivation.]

OOC: Woops, forgot my countdown. =__=
Last edited by The Chief of Braves on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatguyent

The Hoplite initiated its true attack after the deft evasion maneuver was pulled off by the Horus. Springing with a spear assisted leap toward the roof, the Hoplite braced its shield against its left side, squaring its shoulder toward the ceiling of the cave.

"SHIELD CRASH!" Polynikes called out within the cockpit, using a short burst from his Gundam's thrusters to launch himself hard in to the same stone roof that the Horus had just been drilling in to moments before. As the previous tremors hadn't completely ceased yet, the sudden shock was more then enough to send a giant fissure through the earthen top of the chamber. Stone after stone fell, stalagmites becoming much more akin to deadly stone spears falling from over head. Boulders that had once formed chunks of roof, now falling like giant pieces of precipitation, to rain down upon the Horus which lay far below. The Phalanx bits were now tightly circled around the head of the Hoplite, as it began a free fall, no longer having the flight capable Falcon form, or some other aerial platform to support it.

The Phalanx would have to protect the Hoplite from its own attack now. Or it would be the end for both Jamil, and Polynikes, after the rain of stone and debris had ended.