4GFFG: Round One: Neo England Neo Russia

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

4GFFG: Round One: Neo England Neo Russia

The Seventh and almost forgotten match of the Gundam fight finals is being hosted by the Fox network. An american network that has a large foothold in the ratings. It's main news team consists of Christina Orangegate and Bob Fudd. Todays fight is taking place in the grass lands.

"Hi i'm Christina Orangegate for the Fox network and this is Bob Fudd."
"It's always a pleasure Christina"
"In a few minutes we will be bringing you live coverage of the Gundam Match between Neo Russia and Neo England."
"A beautiful place for this event don't you think?"
"Oh yeah, I wonder how it'll effect the fighters.."
"I'm not sure...but i can't wait to find out."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Zangetsu

Re: 4GFFG: Round One: Neo England Neo Russia

Slowly the Kncit Gundam walked onto the battlefield. Inside was Franz silent as he approached the starting position. With both feet planeted in the ground Franz reached back and drew the halberd kept there. Neo England, had only been able to gather so much information on his current enemy so narutraly Franz was being quite cautious. The Knict then dropped down into position and brought his shield up to face between him and the other entrance. His halberd wasn't yet fully up as the enemy wasn't there nor had the match even started, but Franz would be ready at a moments notice. With that he awaited his opponent on the grassland, somewhat eager to start the match.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

The sound of leather gloves stretching inside the cockpit echoed through the sphere as the pilot of Buran clenched both his fists. The pilot, Ivor Chanukovich was clad in an olive drab Gundam Fighter uniform; complete with Soviet Star on the front and Cyrillic "TO VICTORY" across the shoulders on the back. The white and gray Buran trundled onto the field across from the waiting Knict Gundam. The suit moved in a steady stride, the KPV clearly visible docked across it's back.

When the pair were in position the Russian entry simply stood firm, arms held at it's sides and fists clenched. The red eyes of the suit flashed once at it's opponent as if taunting him...
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

Ignoring the seeming taunt of the enemy gundam, Franz brought the halberd up into a ready position next to the shield. "Gundam Fight all set." His voice rang out signaling the match was about to start up, which got a good loud cheer from the fans. Inside the cockpit Franz grinned a little at this. 'I wonder how much of that was for me?' He thought breifly before returning to stair at his opponet. "READY?!"
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

He was indifferent to the cheering and commotion going on amongst the crowd as the Neo England pilot announced his wish to start the match.

"READY!?"

The Neo Russian responded over his loud speaker with a simple one word response with a flat even tone.

"Продолжайте.."

The white and gray gundam trundled forward from it's starting point at that same steady pace that it set when it entered the field..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

Not understanding Russian, Franz had to wait until his computer translated the statement from Ivor. Reading it carefully he returned his gaze to his opponent. "Very well then. GO!" Systems inside both suits and the stadium registered the fight had officialy started, as both suits were ready to begin.

With his shout the Knict sprung into action. Trying to provoke his enemy into action, Franz let loose with the head mounted vulcans. With those blazing he rushed forward to meet the enemy and brought the ax-blade of the halberd up to slice at the other gundam's chest. Next he brought the back spike down to try and pierce and grab the upper right shoulder and hold the Russian.
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

"Hmph.."

With a quick flick of the wrist, the pilot of the Buran brought up a segment of the hammer's flail chain to meet the upswinging halberd even as the vulcan fire pinged off the armor..

And Ivor's chest.

However, being a Spetsnaz trainer and operative such pain is conditioned into each member to be waived off and the 'man' to continue with his mission. Turning them into a machine.. and Animal.

And as Ivor was called.. a 'tank'.

The vulcan fire produced a rain of sparks just as the halbred came up toward the chest of the Buran...

Only to find itself swinging into open air as the chain came into contact with the shaft of the halberd. The Buran had stepped to it's left and deftly dodged the polearm weapon..

The man of few words on the field soon twisted the chain as the Knict attempted to drive the spike on the back of the weapon down where the shoulder once was. With one arm he wrapped the chain around the gundam's hand and the length looping around to cinch onto the pole like a snare.

As the plated gundam trundled forth the Buran swung to the Knict's right with a sweeping side kick. The idea was to fell the fighter with a blow to the lower calf and Achilles portion of the gundam's right leg.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

Seeing the kick comming, he braced for it as it hit the armor, not leaving even a scratch in the paint. "Your going to have to try better Mister." Franz mocked as he pulled the halberd back trying to cut the chain with the blades on the end or rip the chains out of the enemy's hands. Chossing to save his vulcan ammo Franz shut them off. "Can I ask you your name warrior, or will I need to beat it out of you?" Regardless of if the halberd was still trapped or not the Knict brought it's shield up and atempted to bash the Russian gundam in the chest.
The Big Zabowski

(To clarify in my actions and in my post for the Buran, the emitter is mounted on the gundam's back, not in the hammer like the Bolt Gundam. It seems I made that vague in the initial post and would like it clarified for future matches and uses. Hence why it is referred to as a fixed weapon.)

-Ivor-

"I whasnt even tryink.."

The thick Russian accent molded his scornful baritone voice as he spoke over the comm-link to the other fighter. As the Halberd was being pulled the pilot would notice that the chains cinched around the weapon weren't budging.

In fact any force being applied to the Buran was being spat right back..

That was until the Shield bashed into the forearm of the Buran. At that moment with a smirk a large jolt of electromagnetic energy surged through the chain onto the polearm as Ivor let go and held fast against the Knict.

A feral grin came across his face.

"Yew brittonz beh qeuite boaztful, da?"

With a bounding kick of both feet, the Buran used the momentum of the advancing armored gundam against itself; somersaulting the giant weapon off the large shield and gaining distance.

However, the chain.. was still attached to the halberd.

"I make own boazt."

A pause..

"I must break you.."

Again he fired an EM pulse through the chain from the emitter on the Gundam's back, the chain length having extended itself from the body mounted reel.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

Dropping the halberd, which imbeded itself into the ground, Franz backed off to avoid Ivor's kick. Smirking inside Franz drew out the heat saptha. "Break me? HA! A good joke Russian. I'm afraid though my coutrymen and I are skilled at more then just boasting."

With that Franz came forward with a slash towards the enemy gundam's right arm trying to cleave it off. Franz was putting a lot of force behind the arm wanting to show the power it held. "I think you'll find it a challenge to 'break' me, gundam fighter. Especially if that trick is all you have."
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

With a hefty jerk of the chain, Ivor ripped the Halberd out of the soft grassy earth that made up the battlefield. With the chain coming at him, he grasped the Halberd and spun to his right.

This movement brought the fighter away from the slice and in turn slightly behind the Knict Gundam.

"Zee same said for yew, Britton."

With a mighty crack the pilot of the Buran snapped the Halberd in two, claiming the axe-head portion as a makeshift battle axe.

"You want fight close quarters.. yet say I have one treek?"

The Buran then pulled from it's back the KPV rifle in it's opposing hand.

"I enjoy killing you.."

At only meters distance the pilot of the Buran opened up on the Knict as it would turn to meet him; the large blasts of beam energy lancing toward the Gundam like a solider out of WWII running full bore into a point blank barrage from a Browning .50 Cal..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

Jumping over onto the ground Franz tried to avoid the shot, meeting with majority of success. The right shoulder armor had been clipped, giving him a bit of pain. Biting into his lip Franz, tried to ignore the pain. Jumping up the Knict stood and glaired towards the Russian.

"Better then I originaly thought. Your not half bad Russian, not bad at all. Though like you say I have another trick, up my slevee as well."

Bringing his shield up and in front facing the Buran. Energy began to charging into the shield as the attack built up. Ivor would easily be able to see this, though he might not know what it ment exactly. Those in the crowd from Neo England knew what was comming. Franz had often employed when he faced ranged cowards.

"I wonder how you'll deal with this?"
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

With a sly smirk, the scruffy Russian spoke over the radio.

"Just as I saw with Intelligence.."

If Franz had half a brain cell he'd probably be able to put two and two together.. In typical Russian fashion the NKGB already had a good dossier on both the Gundam and it's pilot. Ivor knew about the attacks. He had run through this before in simulations..

Ivor then made a rush toward the Gundam as he fired the KPV from the hip. As the beams lanced around the feet of the enemy gundam and threw up dirt and debris the Buran continued a rush even as the Knict pilot would pull the trigger..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

'So he knows about my techniques. Meaning that they probably won't work in ways I've used previously.'

Franz was pulled out of his thoughts by stray rounds impacting the ground around him. Some dust was kicked up, but not enough for any kind of screen.

'I guess that perhaps that plan will be needed.'

The Knict started to run towards the Buran at this point. Energy was transfered away from the shield and now into the spatha, as the two closed. This time it wouldn't be obvious about the change in the shield. The charged glow stayed till the last second, hopefully fooling his enemy. Once in range the Knict made a slash horizontaly across, aimming for the Buran's chest.

"Geleafa Strike!"
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

"Too slow.."

As the Knict slashed across with it's spatha he'd find himself slashing through nothing but dust and grass.

The lumbering armored Gundam would now find that there was a serious problem.

The Buran was above him..

Directly above him..

It was then that the Aerospike engines on the folds of the leg, torso, and shoulder armor fired and the Buran quite literally took off like a rocket mid leap. The backblast would more than likely throw up more dirt than the beam fire from the KPV and this time causing much confusion not only for the Fighter but probably the crowd as well as the field became enveloped in smoke and debris; a white speck ascending from the field of battle..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

When the Buran jumped above the Knict's advanced sensors' picked it up. Not waiting for whatever the Russian was planing Franz leapt back, using all of his own thrusters, just in time to avoid the blaze from Ivor's. Taking his time Fanz observed that he could only see thick clouds around him, with light comming from Ivor's area. Knowing full well he couldn't do much at the momment Neo England's gundam fighter hid in the smoke. No doubt the Buran couldn't see him just as he couldn't see it's exact spot. Now maintaining raido silence as to not give anything away to his opponent Franz began to think. 'He has some serious thrust on his machine. No way I can hope to keep up with the plate on. I'll wait and see his next move before I decide to purge it though.'
The Big Zabowski

(F**king epic Russian march... gotta use it 2 times...)
-Ivor-

With a muted chuckle Ivor continued into the sky.

1 mile..

2 miles..

4 miles..

8 miles..

42,240 feet..

"Достигли апогей, котор.. (Apogee reached..)"

Ivor smirked as he inverted his Gundam. As the Gundam began to free fall 2000 feet Ivor ignited the thrusters AGAIN and began lancing down toward the ground below.

"Зафиксированная цель приобретенная и.. (Target acquired and locked..)"

Franz may have thought he had the advantage of hiding in any smoke.. however the Gundam did not use a solid rocket fuel; it used a liquid. With the tuning of the sensors on the Russian gundam it was not long until he was easily spotted by the Buran.

"Начиная воздушное Ланс.. (Commencing Aerospike..)"

A large lance like spike jutted from the knee of the Gundam's armor fold as the HUD on the screen in front of Ivor showed the ground, and the Knict approaching fast.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

Seeing the enemy flying straight towards him Karl let out a heavy sigh. It looked like Neo Russia had quite the machine. Franz would have to do it, even if he really didn't want to.

"I really didn't want to use it this early in the finals, but I don't have any choice. Voice authorization, NEGF-004 Karl Franz the III, passcode Order of the Garter. Command, purge Plate Armor."

Upon recieving the proper voice command the Knict's plate armor shot off. Now uninhibited by his armor Franz sprung off the the left with a thruster asisted jump. This kept the Knict clear of not only the fallling gundam, but perhaps any immediate after effect of it's fall. Still the Knict brought it's shield to defend between the two gundams.
The Big Zabowski

-Ivor-

Though Franz had purged his cumbersome armor, the Buran still had a bead on the Knict. Even at it's speed there was something unusual about the Buran. As the gundam moved to the left the Buran actually followed in it's drop. Small bursts of thrust shoved the Gundam as it began to thrust-brake..

"Цель продувала внешнюю плакировку. выкидка воздушного Ланс. (Target has purged exterior plating.. aborting Aerospike.)"

Even as the Gundam continued falling, the Buran drift drastically increased to bring it off target from the Knict before it neared the ground. At that point it was clear that the Buran's assault wasn't just a simple ballistic assault but something more..

The Buran was actually fluidly molding it's attacks and the pilot was well aware of the Neo England Gundam's capabilities. With that same fluid mold and blend that a hard corkscrew turn brought the Buran coming into the Knict's under-defended rear. And just 100 feet above the ground the Aerospike engines kicked in again; lancing the suit forward once more at a frightening speed.

Inside the cockpit, Ivor grunted in a barely audible manner as the amount of G forces acting on his body forced him to prevent a G-LOC situation. This didn't hamper the Russian one bit however; he relished the pain and punishment.. for him this was just as entertaining for him as it was for his Neo Russian comrades watching the match.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

-Karl Franz-

Franz grimanced inside the cockpit stairing at the Buran. 'This guy is becoming annoying.' Quickly banishing the thought he turned the shield towards the Buran and started to charge energy in it.

"Lets see how well you dodge this, comrade."

The last word came with venom, as Franz was quite pissed that he had to purge this early. The shield reached full charge glowing with a brilliant emerald green.

"Geleafa Shield!"

A powerful beam leapt from the shield aimmed directly at the charging Buran. The Knict, however, was rooted to the spot for the attack.