4GFFG: Round One: Neo Canada Neo Spain

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

4GFFG: Round One: Neo Canada Neo Spain

Fight two for the Gundam fight is coverd by FCTV. Future century Television, has a strange name but is a staple for TV broadcasts around the world and is easilly the most recognized TV station in the earthsphere. They employ numerous celebrity colour commentators but their staple commentator is Fred Good. The random selected arena for this fight is the Caverns.

"Hi, i'm Fred Good and welcome to the first match of FCTV's coverage of the 4th gundam fight. Tonight i'm joined by former Neo Canadian Gundam fighter and one of the greatest sportsmen of our generation. Quin Patrick."
"Ha thanks Fred! No need to say all that, it's great to be here."
"As modest as always Mr Patrick, I'm going to assume you're a bit biased here, but what do you think of matchup tonight? Neo Spains, Caleb Enrique Cruz and his Gundam Leónprincipe going up against your old friend Neo Canada's David Stedmore and his Netminder Gundam?"
"Well Fred i'm going to surprise you here, but I hope Cruz messes Dave up out there."
"REally!?!?!"
"Yeah sure i'm routing for the home town team all and all, but i'd could never really cheer for Stedmore and be taken seriously."
"Well lets not bring back bad memories of Game 7. We're here to discuss the gundam fight."
"Yeah really eh, well I caught a glimpse of those bird things Neo Spain is using... And of course i know alot about the netminder gundam, my advice to Cruz and anyone else going up against Big D is to get right into his personal space and piss him off."
"Getting in close seems like a reasonable strategy but why make him upset?"
"He'll block every shot you send at him, I know he can and i've seen him do it. You can either wear out his pads and wear yourself out and take the fight to him. Once he drops those pads he's wide open."
"But don't forget that once he drops his pads his machine is actually a lot more impressive offensively."
"So be it, Cruz just has to take one on the chin and try and outlast. Thats his best bet."
"An interesting bit of advice, I wonder if Mr. Cruz is listening? Well it looks like this fight is about to start ladies and gentlemen!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Wedge14

Re: 4GFFG: Round One: Neo Canada Neo Spain

David Stedmore made a toothless grin as he double checked how secure his pads were. The Netminder gundam was looking great, but Dave was still feeling a little worse for wear. His prior injuries probably wouldn't do much to affect this matchup.

"You ready Neo Spain?? GUNDAM FIGHT?............"

thatguyent

"Ha, you should be asking yourself if you're ready, or so I would think my friend," Caleb called in response. Dropping in to a standard fencing stance with his projected sword leading, and his projected dirk held back, and to the left at a forty five degree angle, his Gundam mimicked his movements, bringing its twin beam edged blades in to place. As the blades erupted with power a wide grin crossed over Caleb's face. This would be a fight to remember.

((Sorry for the late response guys, I just started a new job and haven't been able to get online all week until tonight.))
Last edited by thatguyent on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
thatguyent

"Gundam fight!" Caleb called as he rushed forward, darting to the left of the defending opponent Gundam. His Birds of Truth launched, the mobile weapons pods flying outward at high speed from the central position of the Leónprincipe. Having formed a fan around their Mobile Fighter commander, the bird all began a straight flight toward the sky over head, as the Leónprincipe's beam Rapier thrust forward in an attempt to puncture the opponent fighter's throat. It was Caleb's goal to defeat a target as fast as possible, harming them as little as possible while crippling their Gundam beyond combat parameters. "En Guard!"

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
Wedge14

In a rather gracefully executed and rather simple move, Stedmore avoided a certain defeat. In a rather simple motion the Netminder gundam just skated backwards.

"Think i'm gonna stand there and take it?" He said as he backed off and assumed a butterfly stance and slapped his right blocker with his heat stick.

"I'll stop everything you throw at me!"

(In the future do not double post unless it's been atleast 48 hours.)

thatguyent

(Understood, I meant to just edit in on my first post, sorry about that)

"Ah, por lo que este uno tiene el corazón del león, have at thee then Sir. It shall be my honor to fight you," flicking his sword wrist downward within the cockpit of the Leónprincipe, Caleb signaled his Birds of Truth. Controlled by his bird partner within the cockpit, the Falcon resembling remote weapons came down at high velocity, shooting beams of energy from their now open maws. "Rain down fire from heaven, Hattori!"

((The Spanish translates to So this one has the heart of the lion.))

Wedge14

"I don't speak spanish ya dumb prick!" The rude canadian taunts as his limbs go loose and get to work. Moving quick with his glove hand Dave snatches the first beam and negates it.Then with a quick flip of his wrist he smacks one with his goalie stick while another beam slams into his left blocker. The final beam launched from the neo spaniard goes wide by about a mile.

"Take this!" Dave threatened launching a hockey puck mine between him and and his opponent. "You ain't gonna wear me down!"

thatguyent

"Well a sportsman you are not sir!" Caleb responded to the rude statement, but he didn't let that phase him. He was a knight, and he had met plenty others with that title who spoke to one another in such manner, they weren't all as chivalrous and polite as the movies made them out to be.

Caleb smiled, as he spun over the incoming mine with a forward flip, using the thrusters built in to the feet of his mobile fighter to volley above the explosive. As he came down from the heavens, Caleb directed his body in to a dive, his unit mimicking each motion flawlessly, as the Birds of Truth as well began a second series of dives. "El Espada del Principe!"

Caleb called loud, aligning his beam rapier with its left hip mounted sheath, by doing so with the hologram sword in his own hand, and then swiftly slashing upward in a Batto Jutsu like draw, focusing all of the beam blade's power along the leading edge used in the slash. As the slash attack went in for the chest of the enemy mobile suit, the forward dive having closed the distance between them through the use of the feet verniers of the Leónprincipe, the Birds of Truth began flying in a cyclone like formation around the Netminder, slashing with their talons, and pecking away with blasts from their beam guns. "You may not speak Spanish, but I'm sure you understand this!"

Wedge14

There was a reason David was the only goalie in the world to amass over 600 penalty minutes in a career, he actually had well over 300 minutes. Stedmore had one hell of a temper and he lost it as he was pecked blasted and scratched by his opponents annoying bird thingies. The damage to the well built net minder gundam was actually quite minimal but the annoyance factor was enough to push Dave over the edge.

"YOU'RE FINISHED!" Stedmore shouted disengaging his heat stick and all of his pads which suddenly exploded outwards sending shrapnel around him in a rather small arc. It would've done nothing to Caleb and the Leónprincipe gundam, but the birds of truth might of not been so lucky.

The Netminder Gundam had quickly tossed away it's protective shell, it was at it's most vulnerable but easily at it's most dangerous. With his excellent skating skills dave moved right in for the kill side stepping past the slash and getting right in the 'sweet spot' reaching for his opponents sword arm with his left hand Dave tried to neutralize that arm as he threw one hell of a haymaker with his right.

thatguyent

"Hattori, the skies!" Caleb quickly ordered to his avian companion, who responded by suddenly darting straight up, causing the Birds of Truth to quickly avoid the blast of shrapnel. Caleb smiled as he allowed the opponent's grip to land around his right forearm, the incoming punch would have been a problem, if the young Knight hadn't been expecting it. Caleb however had studied his opponent in this Gundam Fight. Particularly those he would be facing here in the finals. He'd seen the Netminder perform a similar move in one of its early preliminary round matches. It had been against Neo Mexico if he recalled. The Latin pilot had come out the loser in that match. He hadn't been prepared to have his primary offense taken away, and be struck with the massive punch in the same movement.

Caleb however was. He relinquished his grip on his beam rapier, and rotated the Beam Dirk in his left hand forward in between his mobile suit's knuckles, like a single talon extending from his fist. Swinging his own punch with the dirk leading, Caleb drove the ionic blue colored beam blade toward the elbow of the swinging right arm of the Netminder. "You're right my friend, I am finished, finished playing with you. It is time we ended this!"

Shifting his weight on to his back foot as he swung the punch, Caleb hoped to drag the Netminder off balance, pulling its left arm which now held his own mobile fighter's right across it's own balance point. If that were successful and the Beam Dirk punch were to strike home as well then the Netminder's current hay-maker would go wide, missing the Leónprincipe by at least 5 meters.

Wedge14

"FGGGGGGGGGGH!" Stedmore yelped as he felt the sharp pain in his elbow. The Neo Canadian was a borderline drug addict hopped up on enough pain killers to ignore a decent enough of pain. But The feeling of a hot blade being driven into his arm wasn't easy to ignore. His original hay maker went wide, but he let his arm slump around his opponents shoulder as the two fighters were now basically standing on each others toes.

Dave struggled against Caleb as the Neo Spaniard tried to make the Netminder gundam lose it's balance. It was a pointlessly struggle as the the netminder gundams beam skates actually gave David Stedmore a large advantage in a situation like that.

Struggling and trying to ingore the pain in his right arm Stedmore relased his grip and with his left arm and threw a low dirty punch dangerously close to his opponents cockpit.

thatguyent

"Oomph!" Caleb let out all of his air as he was struck with that devastating cheap shot. Not only did the pain feed back from the mobile trace rock him to his core, but the direct hit to the plating in front of his Cockpit didn't help much either. He was effected doubly by that blow, and he fell to one knee in response.

~"STAND UP CALEB! No child of this family's blood line would allow themselves to be defeated by such a blow!"~ Came the voice of Mario De Mares, head of the Order of Knights of the Wounded Lion, over Caleb's comm device, transmitted from the Bridge of the "Throne of the Lion" Neo Spaniard air ship more then likely.

"If its fist to fist you seek, then I will oblige," Cruz finally called out, having released his Beam Dirk as well. His Uncle was right. Caleb had been struck in his Solar Plexus many times in his training in the art of Yawara Jitsu. His abdominal region was stronger then those of most men, having been acclimated to taking such blows over many years, and many lessons. It still hurt, for the burly Canadian's Gundam held strength, as did its pilot, but Caleb could fight through pain. He had to. For the ideals of his order, and the welfare of the world at large, Caleb Enrique Cruz would win this Gundam Fight!

It was Caleb's responsibility to show the world a peaceful road, to protect the citizens of Neo Spain, and fight honorably in their name. If he could win this round, and those after it, maybe the Caballeros del León Herido could help guide the world with their ideals of peace, and posterity. As he stood from his knees Caleb's Gundam mimicked the action, his feet instantly spreading wide in to a modified Kenpo stance. His fists raised up to guard the faceplate of his Gundam, and the chest region, as he began to shift his weight from left to right slowly. Each time he would shift his weight he would switch his lead foot, and arm, wanting to disorient his opponent so they wouldn't know which fist to watch.

"Feel the Lion's wrath!" The Spaniard screamed, charging his fists each with massive amounts of energy, which he then began. Running toward his opponent suddenly in a burst of speed that the Leónprincipe had never before exhibited on the battle field. "This is the strength of the King of Beasts, the Lion's pride!"

A flurry of fists began to fly, each one sent from the back arm, which would shift to leading with a forward step of the back foot, adding extra power to the punches. One was aimed for the head, from the left fist. One toward Stedmore's machine's sternum, from the right. Another toward the solar plexus from the left. With yet another from the right aimed directly toward the left kidney. The last was a leaping strike aimed toward what would have been the throat of the Gundam, were its neck to actually have internal organs rather then hydraulics and gyros. "May god have mercy upon you! For the Leónprincipe shall not!"

Wedge14

Dave skated away from his opponent and smirked as he gripped his elbow. "Ya deserved it!" He taunted as he raised his fist and got ready to deliver another blow on his weakened opponent. As Dave reapproached Caleb, he noticed the spanish fighter regain his composure.

""Feel the Lion's wrath!" The Neo Spaniard screamed as he pounced forwards at a speed that almost took Stedmore out of the game. "AH HELL!" He retorted as he took a good hit to the head. Stedmore was suddenly seeing TWO Gundams!!

And these gundams were relentless two punches came towards his chest and were met by the Netminder gundams left fist. Sparks flew as the three machines fists all collided in one spot, then again, again and yet again. Stedmore had just fended off two machines by countering their attacks with his own fist. "HA!" He managed to taunt a mere second before taking a massive blow to the chin.

Suddenly the Netminder gundams legs seemed to made out of jelly. The gundam did a sloppy pirouette before falling over and hitting the ground like a sack of P.E.I. potatoes.

David Stedmore was out cold and defeated.

thatguyent

Coming back down to earth after it's leaping punch, the Gundam Leónprincipe released a massive amount of steam from its heat sinks, as Caleb himself calmed his breathing. He had gone in to an almost berserk rage when his opponent had attacked the cockpit of his mobile fighter, and now, calming his mind, he finally looked down upon his handiwork with his thoughts clear. The Netminder was lying face down after having spun backward and to the ground from his last blow. "Sir Stedmore, are you alright?"

Caleb questioned, having brought the Leónprincipe down to kneel beside the fallen Canadian Gundam Fighter. He then rolled the opponent machine over by scooping under its torso carefully. Part of his training as a Knight of the Wounded Lion had been to check vitals of a fallen friend or ally. Though they were opponents and Dave Stedmore was no friend of the Spaniard, he was still honor bound to check his opponent's vitals. After all this was a politically sponsored martial arts tournament, not a street fight to the death. With the Mobile Fighters armor interfering however, all Caleb could do was gently shake the opponent's suit.

Meanwhile, aboard the Trono De León, Miguel Andres Ortiz leaped up and down for joy repeatedly aboard the bridge, which brought a flurry of laughter from his fellow members of the Neo Spanish support team. "Way to go Hermano! You showed that guy what Neo Spanish ingenuity could do! You and my baby are unstoppable!"

"As long as they're together out there, I think Neo Spain just might have a fighting chance kid," Captain Acosta gave his agreement, before pulling out a capsule of fine Andalusian Tobacco for himself and Sir Mario. "Join me for leisure on the flight deck Sir De Mares?"

"I think I shall, Captain. I think I shall."

thatguyent

"Medical attention may be needed for my opponent," Caleb said having switched the communications line his Gundam was dialed in for to the Emergency Medical frequency. "He may just be unconcious, but I'd like an update once you're sure. I know that accidents happen but I'm not trying to seriously injure anyone out here, I just want to do the right thing for my people."

The young Knight pronounced, before turning his Gundam away from the fallen opponent's mobile fighter, and using his backpack mounted vernier thrusters to booster jump to his carrier. The Trono Del León opened its receiving bay doors for the incoming unit, and soon the Leónprincipe sat upon its own throne, a diagnostics and repair seat designed by Miguel, within the flight deck.

Leaping down from the cockpit to meet his Uncle, and the Captain, who were each enjoying a series of puffs from their respective pipes, Caleb smiled. "You know, I was listening to the updates on the other fights in the cockpit..."

Caleb said, which gained him a sly grin from Miguel who ran up to wrap his best friend up in a hearty back slapping hug. "You want to go see the victorious beauties of Japan and Australia at the Lounge Bar don't you?"

"You got it bud!"
The young man said with a smile, before catching a glance of his uncle nearby who had an eyebrow raised in his direction.

"You may want to get a bit cleaned up first, no member of the Order would enter the presence of two such stunning women looking as rough and tumble as you do at the moment. Such would be an insult." Came the stiff judgment of his uncle, which ushered a hard swallow from the young Gundam Fighter.

"Yes sir," Caleb said, before turning on his heel to march off in a straight line for the showers.

Both Miguel and Captain Acosta shot accusatory glances toward Sir De Mares for one moment, before noticing the wide smile that had crossed Mario's face. "Oh, and by the way sobrino..."

The wizened former Gundam Fighter called, halting his nephew in his tracks, before eventually finishing his statement. "...you did well out there, your father would have been proud, as I am sure your mother is."

With that, a look of agreement washed over the other two Neo Spain support team member's faces, and one of relief, and pride, over the visage of the Spaniard Gundam Fighter himself.

"Thank you Uncle, now let me go prepare for the festivities. I hear Neo Japan has bought everyone a round of drinks, we'll have to do the same,"
The victorious young M.F. pilot said, which brought a howl of approval from many members of the Trono's crew, ranging from Knights and Sailors alike.