Stage 2: Ambush!

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: Stage 2: Ambush!

---Cluster 20, Corridor 4C/2A intersect---

Jane was completely unprepared for the sword thrust that came from percival, attempting to dodge in the tight confines of the corridor she side-stepped to the right, twisting the raptors torso so as to avoid the blade, only to have it dig into the left shoulder, splitting the armour open and slashing along the top of the servo-actuators

++Warning! left shoulder moderately damaged, limiting arm movement speed to prevent further stress from destroying servo++

cursing at the amber letters flashing on her screen Jane opened fire with the head vulcans without aiming, striking the wall and ground next to percvials pawn, before she could correct her aim, the vulcans immediately stopped firing.

++Warning! Jam detected in vulcan gun feeding mechanism++

Dammit!, why now?! she screamed inside her head, whilst quickly weighing her options, seeing as she was too close to use her bazooka she slipped it back onto its mounting hardpoint and fired the boosters, blowing the smoke that lingered all over the place as she accelerated back far enough to dislodge the sword, during this she also drew her plasma blade from its hip holster with the right arm, holding it upside down like a dagger and locking the damaged left arm into a defensive position.

----------

--Cluster 20, main port--

Bohemund ejected the last spent magazine from his 120mm gun, opening the visor to his helmet and pinching his nose in frustration, they had thrown enough firepower at the raptors to cripple a destroyer, but the damn things wer so agile that they emerged unscathed, he was starting to lose patience, the fact that the bravarian baron's team wasn't even bothering to fire at the enemy was adding to his exsasperation, after wiping his brow he looked down at his console, noting that the suits energy reserves were coloured a dark orange.

"Edith, this is Bohemund, i'm returning now, guns are dry and i'm bingo energy." he told the Edith's CIC before trudging his way back to the hangar to get recharged and re-armed, during that time he'd also pay the CIC a visit, that way he could figure out what was going on at corridor 4C.

"Roger that, Bohemund you are cleared to berth at the hanger, also there is a messenger waiting for you in the pilot lounge, the message he bears is sealed with your family's coat of arms." probably a message from father. Bohemund grimly noted as he made his way across the stricken port.
Flag Fighter for life!
ScornMandark

C-20
- Somewhere towards the back of the mess that is the Transport Bay Fight -

Donovan was just finishing his reply to Leikar when Rivers charged in and another bogey registered. Scheiße! How many of these things were there...? He radioed Devi.

"Lieutenant! Additional bogey et our six, firing upon Leikar. I em providing supporting fire!"

With that, as he was facing that direction from his covering position anyways, he lobbed a rocket at Bonito's Pawn. A tricky shot, shooting around Leikar, but he was aiming for the chest, which was a big target. Even if he missed, the rocket would blow on the hallway behind, creating more smoke and confusion. Donovan grinned. He loved this part.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Attomoku

C-20 4C/2A Intersect

Lady Dodgeson

"Being on top isn't very lady like either, but you don't seem to mind!"
As Cat started to go down she had the presence to activate her own thrusters to counter Devi's charge and managed to put the business end of the bazooka into the floor to form a rough tripod in the precious moments the extra thrust bought her.
The move had the unfortunate side-effect of bringing the magazine right into Devi's vulcan fire and the 2 rounds left cooked off, sending shrapnel and fire between the 2 suits and ruining the bazooka. The Pawn shuttered and its armor was blackened and warped from the nigh simultaneous dual blast scant meters from the suit but, but it held. Even the more sensitive optics were fine, shielded by the raptor's hand on its head. But, needless to say when the bazooka went up her temporary support gave out. The Cheshire Cat, never one to give up an opening however, shifted her weight midair and gave a quick hack at the raptor with the left hand axe even as she fell.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Big Zabowski

C-20 4C/2A Intersect
-Devi-

"You'll learn though life that there are those that swing.. both ways.."

Devi cringed as the vulcan fire struck home.. and unfortunately in BOTH of their faces. With a sneer she braced herself in the cockpit, grasping the controls as she rolled away, or at least attempted to as the fire and brimstone settled from the explosion. Slag, chunks of the bazooka, and shrapnel rained on her torso and shoulder armor, making nice marring gashes on the one painted surface. The damage was minimized somewhat, due to the Pawn taking the brunt of the explosion as it used the former weapon as a crutch. Devi contended with extinguishing the warning horns about her compromised external armor; however as she did so the Cat attempted to strike with her axe, only to have it embed hard into the small shield. Quick to react, Devi removed her free hand from the face of the Dominion brute, and clamped the manipulator on the axe handle above cat's own grip. As Devi twisted one way, Cat the other, the two were now falling sideways on their sides continuing to grapple in a typical back alley cat-fight style.

"I'll admit this.. the Domnion sure doesn't train 'em like they used to. We actually getting under your skin that bad?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

--C-20 4C/2A Intersect--

It bothered Eric that they were still stuck at the same place this whole time. Granted, they were making some progress, but the plan was quickly spiraling out of control. While the others were busy fighting the enemy, he kept his mind on the objective. He deactivated his plasma saber after the lead Pawn was destroyed by Jane and Donovan's bazooka rockets and prepared to charge forward.

"Devi, take care of things here; I'm moving on ahead," he said over the radio. "Alpha Team, follow me if you can."

With the quick tap of his thrusters, Eric's Raptor zipped past the line of Pawns. Max initially hesitated to follow, but did so anyway because he didn't have anything better to do. He still thought this plan and the entire mission was stupid.

--Main Port--

The Ponce de Leon Team has all but exhausted their ammo supply trying to suppress the Tulsa's team of Raptors. But with Bohemund taking leave and the Shireen's Baron not doing anything, they were essentially the last line of defense.

"How much more can your armor take?" Alexander asked his men. He hadn't taken much damage and can hold fort while one of his subordinates resupplied.

"I've taken quite a few hits, but I'll manage..." David replied. EnPi nodded in agreement.

Alexander grinned. They were all willing to fight, but nonetheless they couldn't do that without ammo.

"David, return to the ship to recharge and grab several spare magazines. Perhaps bring a pair of bazookas if you can carry them," Alexander ordered. "When he's back, EnPi you do the same. I'll resupply last..."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
wonton bob

---Cluster 20, Main Port---

The Baron was beside himself when he witnessed Bohemund's Pawn runaway from the fight and go and hide back on the Edith. A few minutes later again another Pawn came running from the battle also toward the Edith; incensed the Baron ordered his men into action. "What--Get back there you coward! The Edith's teams are full of deserters."
Meier knew the real reason the Pawns were pulling back but nonetheless he was glad that his team was finally going into action. The Baron raised the bazooka over the Pawn's shoulder in an arc to give the round some distance and pulled the trigger. The round soared toward the Raptor's position. Immediately after firing a second round chambered in place and the Baron ordered his men to charge. "Well, it's up to us to save the day...For King and country!" All three Pawns boosted toward the fragile line held by exhausted troops.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Loser Villain

C-20

It didn't take long, but Bonito's attack drew attention very quickly as a rocket hurtled out of the smoke towards his Pawn.

"No me gusta!" he yelled while twisting the Pawn in order to put its left shoulder into the rockets path. He'd rather risk the bulky shoulder armor then weaken the armor around the cockpit.

The rocket hit the shoulder armor and exploded, shifting the Pawn's stance only slightly. Its heavy armor held up to the explosion, but he wasn't about to block with that same arm again unless he needed to.

Bonito wasn't able to see the exact place from where Donovan had fired on him, but he had a general idea and took aim, letting loose a burst of 120mm fire before taking cover at the nearest bend.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Xvlai

- C-20 –

Leikar had been moving steadily down the corridor when his whole world exploded in his face. A 120mm round wiped past his suite and slammed into the wall Leikar’s Raptor had been hugging sending debris into the Raptor. The other rounds hit his exposed rear and slammed the Raptor forward into the wall. Skidding forward into the wall the Raptor scrapped a long line of paint off onto the wall and still lurching forward it lost balance. Too shocked to feel fear or panic Leikar worked the leg controls and brought the raptor
down heavily onto one knee and reached out with its land hand to steady itself using the wall. A cool rage gleamed in Leikar’s eyes, he ignored the damaged indicators blaring at him on his monitor and spun his Raptor around remaining on one knee. Moving his 90mm he tracked the cumbersome Pawn through the smoke, a sight made easier as it turned and gave off its position as it opened fire onto Donovan.

In a voice no louder than a whistle Leikar sighted the 90mm as the bulky Pawn took cover from Donovon but left itself exposed to Leikar. “You call yourself a noble, more like a Coward!” Raising his voice Leikar fired off a short burst as he brought his Raptor up and began to move further down the hall way away from the Pawn. “Donovon get up here I will keep him pinned!”
Attomoku

C-20 4C/2A Intersect

Lady Dodgeson

"I'll admit this.. the Domnion sure doesn't train 'em like they used to. We actually getting under your skin that bad?"
"Oh, If your referring to the three over there that's simply because most men are idiots" she replied with the air of tea talk and not if she was in a wrestling match with 50 ton mecha. Cat ditched the useless bazooka then made a grab of the plasma saber at Devi's hip but missed when the raptor rolled on top of her suit.
"They just rush in with notions of victory and glory and never think about the consequences until its too late" she continued and clamped her right manipulator down on Devi's right hand to try and take the possibility of a 90 at point blank out of play.
"Fools will rush in where angels fear to tread, and those 3 are definite fools..."
Cat spotted something she needed and started to roll the two suits towards the 90mm (plus the hand and partial forarm that came with it) the Count had thrown clear when he met his early demise.
"Nonetheless, that doesn't stop them from being useful." she concluded with a wicked smile.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
King Monkey

No one was less surprised by his success than Percival. He was a Callow, after all and his family had a long history of success and excellence. It only made sense that he would as well.

Of course, before he could wrench his sword free to finish off the ruffian, she began to make the most dreadful noise and flash with the guns mounted on her unit's head. He put his Pawn's free left hand up in front of the camera to block out some of the light, forgetting for the moment that that would keep him from seeing her retaliation.

Fortunately, the crude machine she was piloting failed her and she was unable to actually fire at him. But when she blasted back, he lost his grip on his sword. It tumbled from his unit's hand and he baubled it a couple times before managing to get a firm grip on the hilt once more.

Thus, Jane had plenty of time to prepare herself before he recovered. He took a moment to stand upright and proud, looking around as if to dare anyone to comment on his clumsiness.

His success goes to his head and there is little of his usual caution as he charges at Jane. "I send you to your doom, varlet!" he declares as he closes the distance between them.

There is none of the finesse (such little as there was) with this blow. He simply rushes forward with sword over head, bringing it down with all the power his machine can muster as he gets close.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
ScornMandark

C-20

After firing the shot at Bonito, Donovan took a moment to grin. It was nearly his undoing. Leikar lurched forwards, avoiding fire and scraping along the wall. The sparks from the wall nearly masked the muzzle flash of the 120mm cannon barking down the hallway. He dove forwards and a bit to the right, skidding along the floor and using his left hand to brace himself as the rounds tracked him about a meter behind. Verdammt, nearly scraped the paint on that one... "Thanks!" he shouted in the comm at Leikar, who was now providing cover for him to get into the next shot. So much easier than trying to shoot into a melee. As Leikar ran down the hallway, laying down cover fire (Really, distracting fire, Donovan thought amusedly), Donovan lurched into a half run, half dive into the hallway with Bonito. He realized he misjudged the distance a little and was closer than he would have liked, but fired anyways. The center chest was a nice big target, especially on the clumsy Pawns. More heavily armored, but easier to hit. As he fired off the rocket, he landed into a crouch and jumped backwards again, trying to gain a bit of distance.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
blind_dead_mcjones

---Cluster 20 corridor 4C/2A intersect---

"Alpha Team, follow me if you can."

"woud love to oblige" Jane muttered to herself as she watched Percival carefully "but i'm kinda held up right now."
Jane lowered her machine to a slight crouch, waiting for Percival to make the first move, which wasn't long, as he thundered forward she waited until he began his downward swing before using the thrusters, sending her machine skidding to the right, the heavy blade from the pawns sword carving a massive gouge into the wall that was originally behind her.
let that one come a little too close. jane noted, realising she was pushing her luck, it was only a matter of time before cecil finished reloading or like his brother cast the weapon aside and switched to melee, and she was not as suicidal as to fight against 2 pawns in hand to hand

"nice to see that you paid some attention during those fencing classes, Percy" she remarked to the enemy pilot on a private channel before looking at the monitor showing Alpha team's location on a map. they're almost at the end of the corridor. and then to a horizontal pipe imbedded in the wall to her right.

"i'd love to stay and chat, but i have somewhere to be right now. cherio!" she stabbed the plasma blade into the pipe, letting out a massive cloud of steam as she pulled the blade free, before turning around and running at full speed down the corridor to catch up with the rest of alpha team.
Flag Fighter for life!
Fritz Ashlyn

- C-20 4C/2A Intersect -

Cecil fought the machine gun clutched in his Pawn's hand with growing frustration. He shook it. He twisted the magazine. He pounded the controls. A shameful amount of time passed before the new 90mm magazine was seated correctly, and by that time his brother was trying to show off with his sword. "You've taken it out already, Percival? Trying to show off to a lady?" he observed, his voice reverting back to a practiced, drawn-out, nasally educated Essex diction. Instead of opening fire at such close range (even though he would likely have missed Jane and his brother entirely) he made the strikingly prudent choice of putting the gun in his Pawn's damaged left hand and drawing his own close range weapon, a sword not unlike Percival's, and stepping forward to "assist" his sibling.

"A-ha, dollymop, I have you! Thrust!" he cried out with a perfectly rolled "R" in the word 'thrust' as if he were on stage, as he lunged with the sort of flèche a small, slow-witted child might try if he had been told what fencing was in a general sense and picked up a pointed stick to try and emulate the poorly formed pictures in his head. Of course by the time his lunge was anywhere close to hitting, Jane had moved and his brother's sword was buried in the wall. It was another lucky break for him, as Donovan's missiles passed behind him and did further damage to the poor corridor wall that was already aflame and partially turned to rubble. "Nice to see that you paid some attention during those fencing classes, Percy... I'd love to stay and chat, but I have somewhere to be right now. cherio!" Jane commented on the open channel, causing Cecil's brow to furrow as he tried to place her voice.

"She knows Percy... This sounds a bit saucy," he mused as he tried to pull his sword from where it was buried in the side of his brother's Pawn's head. "Wait a tic, I know that voice! It's the little Baroness Bohemund, what fancied a bit of rumpy pumpy with that hun Duke! I remember you, my dear!" he chuckled patronizingly, surprised to find an acquaintance among the moon people. Then again, he knew a bit of what had become of her. Well, the delightfully naughty rumors about what had become of her, anyway. Between her movement and the sudden burst of steam, Cecil sighed with a disdainful "Ugh," at the loss of vision and remembered he could look at the computer's tactical display. When he saw Eric's group of units moving down the hallway behind him, he gasped and announced proudly, "They're retreating! I've routed the Protectorate fools--". Noting his brother was still right next to him, he quickly corrected himself, "We've routed the Protectorate fools, Percy! After them!".

Thoroughly turned around and not realizing he was chasing Alpha Team into the base and not out of it, Cecil set off at their heels at an admirable jog considering the Pawn's bulk. "Just wait 'till I tell Virginia and Dorothy about the thrashing I doled out to these Lunar plebians!".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

C-20 4C/2A Intersect

"You do have a point; some do harbor that affliction. Yet there are others who are just as capable of bringing your kind down. Pity they happen to be my compatriots who even now dredge deeper into your catacombs.. The air seems to be tasting sweeter in here.. less foul than when we first set foot!"

Devi also saw the 90mm gun as the Pawn's head arced toward the gun momentarily. Just as they began to tumble toward the weapon, she used the countess' distraction as a weapon, using her free right hand (formerly grasping the faceplate of the offending pawn) to free her plasma sabre and bring it in an upward stab into the side of the Cat's torso.

"Urrah!"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
The Loser Villain

(OOC: Does everybody have image music now?)
C-20

Bonito

Things went from bad to worse in about a blink of an eye.

Leikar's Raptor that Bonito had fired on had recovered and started to open up on him with 90mm fire. The Pawn's thick armor shrugged the rounds off, but they were serving their purpose: Distract him. And before he knew it, Donovan's Raptor had come around the corner.

"Mierda!" The Raptor fired another rocket, and this one zipped straight into the Pawn's chest. The explosion sent it reeling backwards and the Pawn landed on its 'ass.'

For some odd reason, rather then follow through with another attack the Raptor leaped backwards and but distance between himself and Bonito.

"Sporting of you, no?" he said to himself as he shook the cobwebs out of his head. He didn't have the chance to put on his flight suit before having to rush into battle, so he had bonked his head on the side of the cockpit when the Pawn fell backwards.

With no backup in sight he had to think fast. The armor had thankfully held up, but another rocket at this round wouldn't be good for his health. Quickly he took aim at Donovan with the 120mm and at the same time activated the boosters on the Pawn's back. It lifted off the ground and he opened fire.

He knew the rounds would, for the most part, miss since the boost changed his aim. But this was merely a distraction to allow Bonito to get his Pawn standing quickly. And as the feet touched the ground he readied the machine to continue the fight.

"Anybody out there?" he called over an open channel, "Could use some help, por favor."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
King Monkey

"Cursed codswallop!" Percival yelped as he was knocked and battered around inside the cockpit as the head of his Pawn was pinned against the wall by his brother's sword thrust. It was fortunate that Cecil was not a bit more adept at fencing as his frame's skull would no doubt have been skewered.

As it was, Percival glanced over and released a high pitched yelp, or squeal if someone wanted to be more precise about it. The tip of Cecil's sword was gleaming where it had penetrated a few inches into his cockpit. "Clumsy buffoon! Watch where you're stabbing!" he barked at his brother.

Any more berating was interrupted by Cecil's revelation. "Well of course it's the Baroness Bohemund!" he declared as though he'd known it all along, though in truth, he hadn't recognized her until Cecil made the announcement.

As Cecil wrenched his sword free, Percival straightened his frame. He dusted off his garish "uniform" before settling his hands back on the controls. "Indeed, Cecil! These peasants should have known they could not stand before the skill and daring of the Callows!

"Let's chase that doxy down and force her to tell us the truth behind the rumors of her disgrace!" He tittered loudly at the potentially saucy tales they would soon be forcing out of Jane.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
EZero8

OOC: Just a short post in between classes. More to come later...

--Main Port--

"Tch... about f***ing time..."

Alexander couldn't help but feel a mixed sense of relief and anger when the Baron finally decided to attack the half dozen Raptors. On one hand, they're getting relief at last. However, the Baron was probably waiting just to steal the glory after the Edith's four Pawn units exhausted the enemy.

With the Raptors in operation longer than the defensive forces, the Tulsa's team members quickly began to panic at the sight of fresh troops. Their machine guns and bazookas were spent, and their LMF's were running on reserve power. The Darkvasser was taking way too long to get to the main control room, and the operation was now well past the time limit.

The first bazooka shell from the Baron blasted apart one Raptor that had just shut down from an exhausted battery, completely obliterating the machine as well as the pilot inside. One by one, each of the other Protectorate machines began to slow down...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
wonton bob

---Cluster 20, Main Port---

The Baron and his men arrived in time to witness a burning heap of scrap metal that once was a Raptor collapse on the port floor.
"You see! How they cower at my presence! Awestruck by my bravery." the Baron gleefully boasts.

The white Pawn's rear exhaust fanning the banner as he raised a loaded bazooka and fires at the Raptor closest to the exit to obstruct a quick retreat, if any. "Eradicate these lunar cur!" the Baron shouts on all channels as Meier and Bäcker open up with their machine guns on the nearest Raptor.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
blind_dead_mcjones

--DQC Edith, CiC--

Eric stood watching the screens impassively as he waited for his suit to be recharged and re-armed, though in all honesty every bit of info on the CIC screens was greek to him but he hadn't felt the need to ask any of those stationed for help until now.

"Situation report." he said to one of the junior officers.

"heavy fighting at Corridor 4C, the enemy has spilt into two parties, the Shireen's team is fighting one unit, and your subordinates are in pursuit of the team heading for the control room, and count remus is KIA" the young man replied

"I see." Bohemund replied solemnly, having a brief moment of silence for the man, even though he hardly knew him, another officer cried out in suprise.

"the Protectorate machines in the port are slowing down! and one has already been confirmed destroyed!" he said joyously, Bohemund raised his eyebrow in surpise before looking at the screen showing camera footage, sure enough the raptors were slowing down. They must've used up their batteries. he mused. then he saw a white pawn with a flag charging in to attack. That fool! he'd sooner obliterate a downed enemy then exploit the situation to its full advantage? i have to stop this!

he immediately yanked a headset off of the nearest officer and opened a blanket channel to all dominion units in the main port
"All units cease fire! i repeat, CEASE FIRE!! CAPTURE THOSE MACHINES INTACT!"

"c-capture?" the officer he took the headset from replied, thoroughly confused, the head CIC officer also looked at him puzzlingly.
"what on earth are you getting at Lieutenant?" the head officer asked sternly "and may i remind you that if anyone will be issuing orders in this room it will be me."

"This is a perfect opportunity to get our hands on some protectorate technology, and also some pilots for interrogation as to the locations of their bases, you'd have to be one of the blindest fools in creation to want to let such an opportunity go to waste!" Bohemund retorted, unwaware that the channel was still open. the head officer glared at him for a few moments before replying

"tch..fine, have it your way. just get out of my CIC" he then reached for the speakerphone "all units, you heard him, capture those machines, and their pilots if possible but if they resist don't hesitate to kill them, but even so make sure you do so in a way that leaves those Mobile frames intact." he turned back to bohemund "satisfied? now leave, and don't ever try to usurp my authority again." he threatened.

unfazed, bohemund saluted and left, heading in the direction of the pilots lounge. now, to see that messenger.
Flag Fighter for life!
Xvlai

- Cluster 20, 4C/2A Intersect -

The German had actually maximized his opportunity and scored a major hit, Leikar never saw the following maneuver where he then removed himself from danger. Smoke and flame obscured much of the hallway, but the detonation and subsequent explosion were evidence enough that he had engaged the Pawn. Stopping, Leikar shifted his 90mm uncertainly down the corridor tracking smoke and flame. His 90mm had no effect of the Pawns bulky armor and now that he was even further away it… Shaking his head inside the cockpit Leikar stopped that train of thought, it just wasn’t healthy.

Suddenly smoke came rushing down the corridor engulfing Leikar’s pawn, hunkering against the wall Leikar waited. No explosion or fire came, realization slowly crept onto Leikar’s face, thrusters could cause that too. The Pawn was doing something, bringing his weapon up to his hip he let loose with some tracing fire down the corridor as he began to go back the way he came towards the Pawn. His radio crackled but he ignored it, flipping onto his team channel he spoke evenly into his microphone, “Donovan, we have him cornered, lets finish him off.”