Stage 2: Ambush!

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

Stage 2: Ambush!

--Outside Cluster-20--
-Tulsa-

The Tulsa slowly crept towards the resource satellite as planned. Staying hidden amongst the space debris nearby, the crew awaited the order to commence the mission. Once high-command can confirm that the Darkvasser was in position to launch the second wave, the Tulsa is to rush in and attack the main port.

"I'm not a fan of diversionary tactics... especially when we're the bait," the Captain muttered. But orders were orders.

"Sir, the Darkvasser is in position. HQ has green-lighted the operation," the female bridge operater said. The Captain nodded and motioned for the Tulsa to charge forward.

"You heard the girl! All hands, prepare for battle. All Raptor units are to launch as soon as we enter the main port!"

--------------

--Cluster-20--

Initially, the surrounding area seemed eerily quiet. But even with heightened security, the Control Room workers were caught off guard when a Protectorate Cruiser-class blasted through the main doors of the satellite. Alarms sounded off all over the C-20 signalling the ambush.

Alexander already wasn't far from his Pawn and immediately jumped into his machine. Whether or not it was in top shape for combat didn't matter thanks to the emergency.

"Damn Moonies... who would've thought that they'll pull a full frontal attack. And with one ship no less!" he said as he was given a status check with his computer. The radar could already confirm that the enemy had launched out six units and were quickly engaging with security forces at the bottom level.

"David! En Pi! We're going to intercept the enemy and keep them from advancing," he ordered through he radio as he pulled on his helmet. His two subordinates quickly responded to the order with a "Yes, my Lord!" (OOC: I know... blatant CG reference) before deploying from their docks and heading towards the bottom floor.

--------------

--Darkvasser--
-Hangar-

Eric sat patiently in his cockpit, his Raptor already connected to the linear catapult in preparation to launch. He made some last-second checks on his machine, making sure his machine gun and spare clips were fully loaded. All they needed was the order for the Darkvasser to attack the weakside. From the corner of his eye, he could see a small HUD icon flash from red to green. It has begun.

The Darkvasser proceeded to open fire at the doors leading to the transport bay, blowing them open and providing plenty of space for the Raptors to land inside the satellite.

"Lt. Eric Zhang, launching. Alpha Team, follow me out," Eric said, pushing the throttle as his Raptor is first to be launched into the gaping hole. The Raptor skidded on its feet for a few seconds as it slowed its landing, sparks setting off as metal grind together. Eric quickly positioned himself to provide cover for his teammates as they launch after him.
Last edited by EZero8 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: Stage 2: Ambush!

--DQC Edith--

a scramble alarm sounded throughout the ship, echoing throughout the corridors and hallways as warning lights flashed throughout the hangar and individual rooms close to it. Bohemund snarled in response to this before looking at the two female petty officers.

"Get to your stations. now." he ordered, completely dropping his facade before opening up Cecil's ivory box, emptying the contents in to his hands and tossing the box back to Cecil.
"Get to your units and launch as soon as your ready." he told the pair as he headed for the door that linked the lounge to the hangar, pulling out a re-sealable plastic bag and putting the snuff in his hand inside it before sealing it up.
"oh and Ensign Percival." he added as he reached the entrance "you might want to remove those 'embellishments' to your flight suit. the enemy aren't going to see them, unless they decide to tear your cockpit open to have a look, in which your corpse will be so mutilated beyond description that it won't really matter." with the he opened the door and left the room, striding briskly across the hangar to his pawn as he put his helmet on, noting that as per his orders his machine had been a equipped with a 120mm machine gun, easily identifiable by its long barrel and muzzle brake. as the crews helped him get into the cockpit he gave the lead one the plastic bag.

"something to enjoy when this is over." he told him before shutting the visor on his helmet and closed the cockpit hatch, the Pawn soon came to life, the head tracking back and forth as the machine began to move towards the entrance to the satellite, heavy clunks from each footfall reverberating throughout the hangar.

------------

--Darkvasser--
-Hangar-

Standing closely behind Eric's Raptor, Jane went through the checklist to make sure all systems on her raptor were functioning properly, she was feeling slightly apprehensive, though the bazooka was a powerful weapon, the number of rounds it had were limited, leaving the head vulcans her only other ranged weapon to fallback on, and even if Dominion pawns were slow and cumbersome they were reknown for their notoriously thick armour.
head vulcan feeding mechanism, functioning. bazooka, fully loaded. boosters, check. plasma blade, charging. all systems are good. eric's announcment got her focused back on the task at hand.

"Lt. Eric Zhang, launching. Alpha Team, follow me out," Eric said, pushing the throttle as his Raptor is first to be launched into the gaping hole.
"Copy that." She replied automatically as he manoeuvred her machine onto the linear catapult, after a few seconds the launch clearence light changed from red to green.
"Ensign Jane Godfrey, Launching." she said. her Raptor sent hurtling through the hole. bracing her machine's legs for landing, she skidded to a halt to eric's left
Flag Fighter for life!
ScornMandark

Darkvasser
- Hangar -

Donovan ran down his preflight checklist.
Thrusters at nominal operating temperatures.
Bazooka loaded. Spare magazine secured.
Hydraulic pressure within spec.

And so on, for a moment while he awaited Beta Lead's command to launch. This was it.

His stomach felt only a little twinge. Donovan had been running ground ops for years before he got into an MF, but for some reason he just had a bad feeling about this one. Maybe it sounded too straightforward...
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Kavik Ryx

Darkvasser
- Hangar -

Max was a little on edge as he prepared to launch. Being flustered over battlefield tactics aside, this was his first mission since transferring to the Darkvasser only a week ago. He was gung ho about the mission, imagining him dealing the finishing blow to the satellite. But being in a Frame, he became somewhat of a robot, and just went along with the mission.

"Maximilian Stern. I'm heading out."
The Big Zabowski

-Devi-

Looks like they fixed that sluggish elbow actuator.. thank you, Chief

Devi unlocked her frame from it's mooring brace and moved onto the linear catapult. Before engaging the catapult she called up her team on the radio.

"Check the rocket launchers boys.. don't want them flubbing out like the 90mms have been doing recently. Once you make landfall, form up on me. We'll follow Zheng in as his team takes point."

The Raptor then made it's way into launch position on the linear catapult as the launch control officer finally got confirmation that Max had cleared the deck. Around the frame the linear catapult charged up as the frame became locked in the magnetic launch field. In mere seconds Devi's frame went from 0 to ZOMGFAST and forced her into her seat as she was flung from the ship and into the open gap that served as their doorway into the asteroid. Like the others, she skidded to a stop in a shower of sparks and immediately took cover and assessed her surroundings.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Attomoku

DQC Shireen

Ltjg. Dodgeson

The scramble alarms went off and Cat was in her gaudy Pawn's cockpit in seconds. If Bonito wasn't paying attention then it would have seem as if she had evaporated.
As she threw her pawn into a scramble boot procedure she pulled up C-20's intranet to access the satellite's emergency alerts. She had a hunch. Her foe was not contemptible as many of station thought, no they were clever, too clever to throw one ship into a funnel of fire at the main dock. They would be coming in elsewhere too she told herself. The little used transport bays blinked an angry red on the schematic. She grinned a mad grin, "They're in the transport bays," she announced over the speaker and comms and forwarded the data to the Shireen and all her Pawns. "Let the Edith take care of the docks and get to the lateral ladder!" Her voice purred in anticipation as she yanked the two closest weapons in reach (A 280 and heat ax) from the wall and started out for the ladder.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

- Dominion Queen-class Shireen -
- Crew Quarters -

Entering the room the Baron runs and seats himself on a regal looking chair especially brought in to soothe his back. Opening the last of the caviar, he is giddy as a school boy on Christmas morning. Both wait for the door to close before speaking. "So, what news have you from home?" the Baron quizzes while enjoying his fish eggs.

Stefan fixes his collar of his uniform with one hand while looking at the cuff on the other arm. "I'm pleased to announce that everyone is in place and awaiting for your word. But-" Stefan stops as he pulls a loose thread from his uniform. Annoyed the Baron prods him on. "Well? Go on, continue."

"I'm afraid your man on the inside has backed down due to....the object being heavily guarded." Stefan grunts.

The Baron's eyes widen with anger as the caviar drops from his hand. "What? Blast him! My plans will not fall apart because of a coward." Stefan clears his throat. It's the moment he's been waiting for.

"May I suggest an alternative?" Stefan happily injects. The Baron angrily looks at Stefan. He knows that he would have to rely on him once again. The idea of owing a favor to this creature sickens him. Hesitantly, the Baron bites. "Go ahead, name your price."

"Oh, nothing for me sire but my brother, now if he was given a commission and transferred to the royal guards then...he did take care of the King's sons--"

"Enough! Fine consider it done. Let me know when he's in place." the Baron interrupts as alarms start ringing throughout the area annoying the Baron even more. "Oh, what now! A man can't even enjoy some good news around here."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Xvlai

- Darkvasser -
- Hangar -

Leikar had left the briefing in silence. His idea had been turned down but he hadn't let that bother him. His plan had been risky, but it had been another option to an already risky operation; and Leikar was always willing to voice his opinion to any endeavor.

He sat silently in his Raptor as the operation began, his Raptor had been warmed up and he had already completed the pre-flight checklist since before the breifing. Instead he spent his time sticking some of the few smuggled pictures of the cluster to the scant free spots in his Raptor. If this former resource is half of what these pictures painted it must have been extremelly rich before the war began. Leikar moved his Raptor out of its mooring braces after Devi had and assumed position behind her. As their Iron-spined team leader mounted the catapult, Leikar's radio cackled, "Check the rocket launchers boys.. don't want them flubbing out like the 90mms have been doing recently. Once you make landfall, form up on me. We'll follow Zheng in as his team takes point."

Leikar still remained silent as Devi vaulted off the catapult into the cluster. It didn't seem that necessary to him to remind her that his unit was equipted with one of the formally flubbed out 90mms. Mounting the catapult Leikar launched before Donovan, landing with a skid of sparks and a loud screech. His landing took him infront of Devi, moving quickly he took cover behind an empty crate for hauling large machinery and leveled his 90mm at the large conveyor belt door in the center.
ScornMandark

Darkvasser
- Hangar -

Devi finally issued ordered and launched. Donovan let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding. Finally. As she cleared the catapult, Donovan started hitting the switches to release the docking clamps. Leikar stepped in and launched without announcing. He shrugged and moved to the linear catapult.

"Beta zwei, Donovan Reinhart, Launching!!" The G-Forces shoved him back into his seat, nearly ripping his hands from the controls. A brief moment of weightlessness as he flew from the ship before skating onto the deck. As agile as the LMF was compared to the Pawn, multiple tons of metal hurtling across an immobile metal plate still created thousands of sparks and quarter meter deep gouges into the deck. Even before he stopped skidding, he brought the bazooka to bear. Seeing the way was clear, Donovan fell into position behind Devi. He lowered the end of the bazooka, but left it shouldered and ready to fire immediately.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Fritz Ashlyn

Edith

Cecil's expression turned from effete defiance to annoyance as the alarm began to sound. When Bohemund took the tobacco and tossed the ivory box back, Cecil clumsily caught it after bobbling it a few times. He rolled his eyes as the Baron gave orders and his opinion on Percival's uniform, sighing at the sudden burst of activity - what a bother. Once their CO left the room, Cecil turned to his brother and looked over the additions to his flight suit. "How quaint," he jibed, "On your way to put on a Greek play, Percy? You look like a tragedy,". He laughed at his own joke again, but the frown quickly returned as the harsh alarm continued to go off. "What is that horrid noise? Someone should turn it off," he scoffed. After checking his own flight suit (quite slowly) he shrugged and said, "The Baron wants us to launch. If there's something dangerous afoot, I say we go and guard the transport bay... That can't be too dangerous,".

A few minutes later, Cecil was in his Pawn and preparing to move out at his own unique pace. "Now the blue one..." he muttered to himself as he slowly worked through the startup and launch sequence. His finger hovered over the controls as he searched for the button he needed to press next. "Why is this stupid machine so difficult to move?" he complained, finally finding the blue button in question. A few presses later, he made sure his helmet was on straight, managed to pick up a machine gun, and abruptly announced to the ground crew, "Move!" before stepping out of the Pawn's berth. The mechanics scrambled out of the way as the heavy mech began to lumber in the direction of the transport bays.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
King Monkey

Edith

Percival's own scowl was quite the match for Cecil's as he looked around to try to find the source of the quite annoying alarm. There were always weird sounds going off in this place. He wondered how the plebians kept them all straight given their limited capacities.

"Feel free to gouge out your own eyes should my outfit offend you too much, dear brother," he responded to Cecil's comment with more venom than necessary and some obviously wounded pride.

It wasn't until Cecil left that he turned from a careful inspection of his outfit and realized what the alarm meant. He dashed out of the room, not so much out of any sense of urgency, but because it made his capelet flutter quite nicely.

He was no quicker at getting his pawn started than his brother and, in fact, had to stop to have one of the technicians finish the sequence for him. He studied his fingernails while the man worked, contemplating a new manicure.

Eventually, however, he took up a machine gun and set his machine walking in a relatively straight line behind his brother.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
EZero8

--Cluster-20 Main Port--
-Ponce de Leon Team-

Alexander cursed out when the radar's map showed a second attack hitting one of the transport bays. The second wave is on the opposite side of the Cluster...

"They're trying to split up our forces, eh? Interesting. They're rather smart for uncultured commoners," Alexander noted. "We'll let the Shireen take care of them. We'll continue to deal with the ones at the main port."

The Tulsa's LMF team quickly opened fire as Alexander and his Pawn trio arrived. The machine gun rounds harmlessly bounced off his lumbering Pawn's armor as he pushed forward with his 120mm. David and En Pi followed suit and fired their machine guns as well.

"Close the distance to strike with our heavy swords. Their machines have weaker armor than ours! Make sure to watch out for their mobility!" Alexander called out to his team. David merely grunted before charging ahead to attack, with bullets ricocheting off the Pawn as he swung at the closest Raptor.

"Perish!"

The Protectorate pilot was lucky that the Pawns were slow, narrowly dodging the attack and skirting away to keep his distance from David. The missed slash also left David prone to a counterattack from the Tulsa's bazooka wielding units. A pair of rockets slammed into David's machine, knocking him down but doing minimal damage.

--------------

--Cluster-20 Transport Bay--
-Alpha Team-

Once the rest of the Darkvasser's LMF's were deployed, he motioned for his team to form up behind him. Taking point, he proceeded with the planned attack route cautiously and kept his machine gun in firing position.

"First checkpoint, cleared..." he said as they turned the first corner. So far everything was going as planned. The Tulsa hasn't reported any losses yet, and they have yet to meet any hostile units themselves. That was going to change very soon.

"Keep on your toes guys," Eric said to nobody in particular, using it more as a reminder to himself to stay focused.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Loser Villain

DQC Shireen

Realizing Lady Catherine was right about Senior Córdoba, he couldn't help but smile.

"Yes, he..." Alarms began to sound through the bay and Lady Catherine was already pouncing into action. While she had had her Pawn already going, Bonito had a little trouble getting into his as fast, mostly because mechanics began running left and right in a panic.

"Ay Dios mío, you'd think they were trained for something like this," Bonito grumbled to himself as he started up his Pawn.

"They're in the transport bays. Let the Edith take care of the docks and get to the lateral ladder!"

"Copy that," the pawn grabbed a 120mm machine gun and heat ax. He then followed Catherine towards the ladder.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
blind_dead_mcjones

--Cluster 20, Corridor 4C--
---Alpha team---

"Keep on your toes guys," eric said over the radio, Jane nodded before checking her map, they were comming up to an intersection now and so far they hadn't encountered any enemy forces something which concerned jane, it was too easy, they have made a good distance into the satellite and had met zero resistance. are they trying to funnel us into a trap? she wondered, her question was answered when it she was halfway across the intersection, her warning reciever went off as the LMFs radar detected something to the left, instinctively turning she raised her Raptors left arm in time to deflect a burst of incomming fire with the small shield before firing off a round from her bazooka, the flames from the rocket motor lighting up the walls as it sailed down the dark hallway, slamming into something heavy before exploding, in the brief flash she spotted a Pawn weilding a 90mm machine gun one handed, its other arm having been blown off at the elbow.

"Contact!" she yelled as she propelled her LMF to the other side of the hallway, streams of tracer firecutting through the space she had previously occupied "400 meters down the left corridor."

--------

--Cluster 20 main port--

with a snarl Bohemund fired a couple of rounds at one of the enemy raptors, only to have it dodging them with impunity before firing back with its 90mm machine gun, the rounds bouncing harmlessly off of the pawn's armour, as he regrouped he saw to his dismay that Ponce de leons team was charging into close combat.

"The fools..." he muttered to himself. "foes like these are best engaged from a distance." though he had pride in the dominion pawn he knew its limitations. and considered attacking raptors in a melee tantamount to suicide. he was jolted out of his thoughts when another raptor tried to rush him, drawing his units heavy sword he blocked the units plasma blade and pushed it back so he could bring his 120mm to bear, clipping its shoulder with a double tap as it backpedaled.

This is getting nowhere. we need to end this diversion quickly. he thought to himself, unlike some of his comrades he knew not to underestimate his opponents, the protectorate were cunning and to write them off as inept rabble was a shortcut to ones early demise, having an idea he opened up a channel to his subordinates who were positioned just outside the Edith's hangar.
"You two! get the attention of the raptor zooming about to the right of the main dock, i don't care how just do it!"
Flag Fighter for life!
Kavik Ryx

Cluster 20; Corridor 4C

Max had been trailing left of Eric's six through the corridors. So far things had been little more than an exercise in steering. But after noticing the recent exchange of fire, he opened a transmission to Zhang.

"Well chief, the calvary is on its way. Should we split and take them out one by one? Or should we just charge to the objective like madmen?"
wonton bob

- Dominion Queen-class Shireen -
- Hanger -

Baron Von Kappelhoff and Bäcker finally strode unto the hanger. The Baron's royal blue flight suit is amazingly wrinkle free. Meier already inside his Pawn leads the way with a 120mm machine gun while the other two enter their suits. "What's our order, sir?" Meier's voice coming through the Baron's comm.
The Baron's white Pawn starts his move toward the ramp. "Oh, I don't know..help the locals I gather." He remembers being advised not to use the bazooka while inside the facility but at the moment he could care less. What are a few loose rounds going to do to this place but improve the decor he figures.
Stefan follows behind Bäcker holding the 90mm machine gun while the Baron picks up a Bazooka with a few extra rounds. "Lets show them how we hunt." the Baron scoffs.
His white Pawn revealing a pole newly welded to the back, attached to it was the Bavarian war banner as it unfurls as he comes down the ramp.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Attomoku

C-20 Corridor 1A (Lateral Ladder)

Lady Catherine

Using the main access shaft, Cat made it to the control floor in record time. She positioned herself behind stone columns for cover when she left the LL and seeing no enemies yet, she took up position and waited. Smartly maintaining an axis of retreat with the ladder if things went south, she was in full combat mode now, tactics reigned in her head and the only emotion she would allow herself was bloodlust.
She would have wanted those with machine guns who followed her to try and hem them into the corridors to dissuade from getting out onto the open floor but she had no idea where they were going to come from. After that it would have been easy to fry them with her heavy weapon in the crowded corridors. The Cheshire Cat shared her opinions with Bontio and told him if they poked their head out to have him keep them down while she move in for a kill. “..and where is that damnedable Count?!” Her voice was different and cold, calculating. Like a predator stalking prey.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

- Cluster-20 Transport Bay -

Cecil was inspecting his own finely groomed countenance in an ornate hand mirror when a flash of light and a slight rumble drew his attention back to the cockpit display. He huffed in irritation and ran a finger over his eyebrow before setting down the mirror and looking for the source of the distraction. "Well, I NEVER," he muttered, scowling in disdain at the explosion that rolled up from the side of the dis-armed Pawn ahead of him. "Oh, Percy!" he called out, remembering to make sure the radio was on beforehand for once, "It appears our uninvited guests are making trouble this way,". When the Pawn ahead of him trundled out of the line of fire, he realized he would be exposed if he kept moving down the hallway. "Oh me!" he gulped, hurriedly bringing his mecha to a stop and raising the 90mm machine gun awkwardly as he tried to switch to a wider friendly radio channel.

"I... I-I say..." he stammered, trying to raise the base control, "We're in need of assistance at, er... Transport Bay... 1?". Another rocket slammed into the wall ahead of him, causing him to jump and curse under his breath. "Is this Ens. Callow? What is going on down there? Move to the main floor and stop the security breach," the person on the other end demanded. Cecil drew himself up into a haughty posture despite the trembling caused by his proximity to actual combat and snarled, "Look you, SOD the main floor! They're down here, see?". Another rocket exploded, this time much closer, causing him to shrink back with a dainty "Ugh!".

"Ens. Callow, please reunite with your team leader at once," the officer in control ordered. Cecil made his machine creep ahead (as well as a Pawn can creep) until he got a view of one of the advancing Raptors. Grinding his teeth together, he reached down and tapped the firing controls with one finger as if it were a hot stove. Because he didn't aim at all beforehand, the burst of 90mm fire sprayed into a wall and did nothing to the smaller enemy LMF. His 'educated Essex man' facade starting to slip due to stress, he got on the radio again and grunted, "Boyo, I'm lookin at one'a these wiry things right now, see. N-now right this minute, you arse I want someone down here!".

"Ensign! I order you to--" the officer rumbled. Cecil backed out of the line of fire again as he launched into an embarassing tirade. His voice grew louder, angrier and more sing-song as he lapsed back into Welsh, "Idiot! Are you not listen-ing? Chyfnertha ni! Helpwch ni cyn i ni yn disodli! Os na fyddwch ddim yn cael rhywun i lawr yma cyflym byddaf wedi eich swydd!". "LISTEN HERE, TAFFY," the control officer bellowed, butting in rudely, "FOR THE LAST TIME I ORDER YOU TO FIND YOUR COMMANDING OFFICER AND REJOIN HIM AT ONCE,". Cecil's face slowly flushed deep crimson, both from embarrasment and anger. "W-what did you call me?" he demanded, ignoring the fighting going on just around the corner.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

C-20: Transport Bay

Devi had noticed the bumbling Pawn that had begun approaching the combat zone. What made it even more amusing was the fact that it had also seemed distracted.. at times almost walking into a wall while creeping in low gear. The light spray of ill-aimed fire that came from the suit in response to one of her fellow LLF pilots. As it crept back behind a corner within the labyrinth knew she had found some relatively easy prey.

A light chuckle came from her radio directed at her wingmen.

"Donovan, Rivers.. would you check this fairy out.. probably fresh out of the academy."

With that she set her jaw and furrowed her brow. Her tone switched from humorous to a stern icy form.

"Donovan, track him with your launcher. Rivers.. try to keep up.

She immediately launched forward at the distracted Pawn, bounding and leaping in a zagging track as she closed on her prey. She wasn't firing though, as the 90mm would be ineffective at this range (or any for that matter). Devi would come into her own with this engagement.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
King Monkey

- Cluster 20 - Transport Bay -

Percival was quite content to follow his brother. He'd been in the military before long enough to know that the person in front was often the first person to get shot, or stabbed or exploded and while he was quite fond of Cecil, when it came down to it, he would much rather unpleasant things happen to him than himself. He'd never admit that though. If asked, he would say that he was hanging back to get a better view of the battlefield for tactical advantage.

Of course, he didn't realize that they'd separated from their commanding officer either. Normally, the man would be shouting and bellowing about their disobedience and incompetence, but somewhere along the line, Percy had accidentally turned off his radio. Thus, he didn't hear Cecil's warnings or his rather mortifying slip into their native tongue. Fortunately. Otherwise, he would have sharp words for his brother.

He did notice the explosions ahead and about the same time realized that the crackle of his radio was missing. The explosions crept closer and closer to his brother as he searched for the button that would turn his radio back on.

"Aha!" he declared triumphantly as he stabbed the correct button with his finger. "I say, Cecil, it appears that these ruffians are here. Do they not understand that they are supposed to be somewhere else? What kind of commoners don't understand the basics of battle.

"Aaiiieee!" A rather high pitched shout erupted from his mouth and filled the radio channel when Percival saw Devi charging his brother and, by extension, him. The elder Callow was not the greatest shot in the best of times. Confused and frightened, he was even worse. Thus, when he brought his gun up and pulled the trigger, the first few shells of the burst were directed firmly at the back of his brother's Mobile Frame before he swept the gun to the side to fire more at the approaching Raptor.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx