LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

Re: LMF Gundam: Dominion's Rise Discussion Thread

Attomoku wrote:Anyway, I was just struck by an idea that the squad names of the main ship/carrier/man-of-war/whatever of the Dominion battle group should be card suits (Spade Team, Hearts Team, Diamond Team, and Clubs Team) as opposed to standard alphanumeric assignment (Team 1/2/3, Alpha/Beta/Gamma Team, Alfa/Bravo/Charlie Team)

Also how are custom/ace personal color schemes going to be handled, do you just make a note of it or must it be approved by you/Co-GM? 'Cause the Cheshire Cat's AM needs some stripes in gaudy colors. :mrgreen:
I already have plans regarding the card suit designations for something down the line, so we don't be using them as team names. What I will say though is that the Dominon will have King and Queen-class carrier ships.

As for custom colors, the Dominion nobility will be allowed the option of customization, which can be handled when I approve characters anyways. LP players will just have to PM me to discuss it.
wonton bob wrote:Are these suit spaceworthy? I didn't get that from reading their description, from their limited time and energy I can't see it zooming around in space but from what I got was land battles mostly?
As I noted in my RPG submission, the suits will have to operate under gravity based on their restrictions. There will be land battles on Earth, but it also doesn't rule out combat on the lunar terrain or even inside larger resource satellites (think giant space rocks in similar vein to Solomon or A Baoa Qu).
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Kylern

I'm curious and am thinking of joining. Problem is I can't imagine the mecha nor know where to start or what group to join. Seems the Dominion needs members though... If you need someone specific (like a type of character) then I can make it. I just want to see if there is anything pressing needed or just grunt pilots.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
EZero8

Any character would be fine, just as long as we don't have one side stacked with a lot more characters than the other when we begin.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
EZero8

New post for new business.

So right about now, we have the following characters set to go (with their players listed next to them):

Utopian Earth Nobility Dominion:
  • (Lt. JG.) Lady Catherine "Cat" Dodgeson [Attomoku]
    (Ens.) Gentleman Cecil Callow [Fritz Ashlyn]
    (Ens.) Gentleman Percival Callow [King Monkey]
    (Lt. Cmdr.) Baron Klaus Von Kappelhoff [wonton bob]
    (Lt. JG.) Sir Franz Meier [wonton bob]
    (Ens.) Stefan Bäcker [wonton bob]
    (Lt.) Baron Eric Bohemund [blind_dead_mcjones]
    (Lt. JG.) Squire Bonito Fernández de Córdoba [The Loser Villain]

Lunar Protectorate:
  • Lt. Devorah Elyansha [The Big Zabowski]
    Lt. Eric Zhang [EZero8]
    Lt. JG. Maximilian Stern [Kavik Ryx]
    Lt. JG. Donovan Reinheart [ScornMandark]
    Ens. Jane Godfrey [blind_dead_mcjones]
    Ens. Leikar Rivers [Xvlai]
As you can see, player-wise we're even, but the character count is currently in favor of the Dominion. That isn't a bad thing though since the Dominion should be outnumbering the LP. I'll probably post up a few extra (and rather important) NPC's later in the day, but as it stands we can actually get started if we're impatient enough. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Included recently submitted characters as of 8/27/09, 11:25 pm.
Last edited by EZero8 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
Xvlai

I should be posting a character bio later tonight when I get back from work. But as your the gm you can start it whenever.
wonton bob

Yeah, a little more info on the history. I read about these resource satellites but are they just basically facilities on top of hollowed out rocks or do ppl live in them as colonies like gundam? What's their number and could the moon-moon ppl use them to crash into the Earth? I'm aware that the moon is the main goal but what is along the way or if it's easier can a map be made later on. Is Mars colonized at this point? I'm imagining alittle Code Geass/Blue Gender mecha action happening.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Attomoku

I'm ready whenever you are. Punch it. :wink:
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
EZero8

wonton bob wrote:Yeah, a little more info on the history. I read about these resource satellites but are they just basically facilities on top of hollowed out rocks or do ppl live in them as colonies like gundam? What's their number and could the moon-moon ppl use them to crash into the Earth? I'm aware that the moon is the main goal but what is along the way or if it's easier can a map be made later on. Is Mars colonized at this point? I'm imagining alittle Code Geass/Blue Gender mecha action happening.
The resource satellites are essentially a little of both; mini-colonies with various facilities for assorted functions. Since mecha and ships are battery powered, these resource satellites serve as recharge/resupply stations floating around the Earth sphere, while also providing other resources for the population. They're pretty much arranged like the colony bunches in UC.

Obviously these resource satellites would be important to the war effort by providing raw materials for either side. Thus, it would be stupid to ram them into the Moon or Earth and both sides would want to claim as many of them as possible before launching full-scale invasion operations. This is where territorial warfare comes to play and battles could be held within these satellites, Code Geass-style.

As for Mars, no it hasn't been colonized yet, but there are plans. It will be delved into later on.
The Loser Villain

I should be posting a character before this weekend, if not tonight.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
blind_dead_mcjones

couple of questions regarding the mecha, you said that they will be fighting 'under gravity' and that most of the fights will be land based, but in the profiles, thruster output is mentioned, do they have like a full ambac set up or is it just one or two giant thrusters on the back?

um also, do they have any additional systems on them (optional or built in) such as searchlights, smoke grenade launchers, grappling winches, tracks/wheels in the legs for highspeed movement on flat terrain, piledrivers to break through concrete walls, etc?
Flag Fighter for life!
Attomoku

I just kinda assumed they had a Dom-like hover craft ability
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
EZero8

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:couple of questions regarding the mecha, you said that they will be fighting 'under gravity' and that most of the fights will be land based, but in the profiles, thruster output is mentioned, do they have like a full ambac set up or is it just one or two giant thrusters on the back?
Just thrusters mounted on the back for added speed or the occasional booster-assisted jump. The numbers listed is the maximum thruster output that the battery would allow assuming the unit is not used for any other function.
um also, do they have any additional systems on them (optional or built in) such as searchlights, smoke grenade launchers, grappling winches, tracks/wheels in the legs for highspeed movement on flat terrain, piledrivers to break through concrete walls, etc?
Special ops stuff like search lights, extra magazines, and smoke grenades are all optional equipment that could be mounted. No grappling winches, wheel tracks, or piledrivers though.

Anyways, and updated list:

• (Lt. JG.) Lady Catherine "Cat" Dodgeson [Attomoku]
    (Ens.) Cecil Callow [Fritz Ashlyn]
    (Ens.) Percival Callow [King Monkey]
    (Lt. Cmdr.) Baron Klaus Von Kappelhoff [wonton bob]
    (Lt.) Baron Eric Bohemund [blind_dead_mcjones]
    (Lt.) Sir Alexander James Wilmer Von Ponce de Leon IV [EZero8]
    (Ens.) David Williamson Huntington [EZero8]

Lunar Protectorate:
    Lt. Eric Zhang [EZero8]
Kavik Ryx

Is there anything against having a non-combatant/non-military character? More specifically, on the Dominion side?
EZero8

Kavik Ryx wrote:Is there anything against having a non-combatant/non-military character? More specifically, on the Dominion side?
I have nothing against it. I plan on introducing a a few of those later on, including the Dominion's "Supreme Emperor."

By the way Kavik, if you're still up for it you can be the co-GM.
Kavik Ryx

EZero8 wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:Is there anything against having a non-combatant/non-military character? More specifically, on the Dominion side?
I have nothing against it. I plan on introducing a a few of those later on, including the Dominion's "Supreme Emperor."
Okay. I was thinking a character who is a probing, creepy, and effective psychoanalyst, who one of the commanders looks to for advice. Though that would probably come much later.
By the way Kavik, if you're still up for it you can be the co-GM.
I'd be more than happy to take the position.
EZero8

I'm going to go ahead and start the game. Here are the rosters:

Dominion Queen-class Shireen

Team-1
  • (Lt.) Count Remus [NPC]
    (Lt. JG.) Lady Catherine "Cat" Dodgeson [Attomoku]
Team-2
  • (Lt. Cmdr.) Baron Klaus Von Kappelhoff [wonton bob]
Dominion Queen-class Edith

Team-3
  • (Lt.) Baron Eric Bohemund [blind_dead_mcjones]
    (Ens.) Cecil Callow [Fritz Ashlyn]
    (Ens.) Percival Callow [King Monkey]
Team-4
  • (Lt.) Sir Alexander James Wilmer Von Ponce de Leon IV [EZero8]
    (Ens.) David Williamson Huntington [EZero8]
    (Ens.) En Pi Si [NPC]
--------------

Lunar Protectorate:

Cruiser-class Darkvasser

Alpha Team
  • Lt. Eric Zhang [EZero8]
Beta Team
Cruiser-class Tulsa
  • NPC Pilots x 6
wonton bob

great. Quick question: are we on board the ship or on the satellite? or on Earth? I'm guessing the ship.

And how's the mecha art coming?
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
EZero8

wonton bob wrote:great. Quick question: are we on board the ship or on the satellite? or on Earth? I'm guessing the ship.

And how's the mecha art coming?
On the ships that are docking at the satellite. :wink: I haven't had the time to work on lineart yet though.
The Big Zabowski

EZ..of course I get Beta Team you a-hole. :mrgreen:

Edit: Bright side, I don't have Max 'Spaz' Stern fubaring the team. <_<
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

The Big Zabowski wrote:EZ..of course I get Beta Team you a-hole. :mrgreen:

Edit: Bright side, I don't have Max 'Spaz' Stern fubaring the team. <_<
You know I can always give you Beta Team and trade Spaz to your team. :twisted: