RPG Voting Poll

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.

What Should Be The Next RPG?

The Nuclear War (The Big Zabowski)
32%
Snail's Pace (Ziryab)
4%
New Mobile Century Gundam X: Lost Numbers (Kavik Ryx)
16%
Super Robot Wars: Chaos (Sume Gai)
8%
Lunar Mobile Frame Gundam: Dominion's Rise (EZero8)
40%

Total votes: 25
mcred23

RPG Voting Poll

Well, we've come to this point again. In the above poll, you will find the title of the RPG, as well as the person who submitted the RPG. All will be the Game Master of their RPG, should it be chosen, although some may want a co-GM to help them out.

In the following posts, I will post the discription of each of these RPGs in the same order as they are in the above poll.

As we usually do with these threads, please do not post in here unless you have a question about these RPGs. Other posts, such as one just telling us who you voted for, will be deleted.

Finally, this poll has no set end date. It will likely run for three or four days, but may go longer if the results are close. If there is a tie, a tiebreaker thread will be posted.

Good luck!
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
mcred23

Re: RPG Voting Poll

This is the first choice in the poll, created by The Big Zabowski.

==================================================================

The Nuclear War

March, 1945

Dear Margret,
I hope you’re alright; We heard about London. To think the Germans had such a weapon is something that struck our boys to the core. Some of the rumors going around the Division say that this wasn’t the first time they’ve used the weapon. That may be why no one has heard from the Eastern front in over a month. We fear that this may mean the Russians are failing and if that’s the case, it would be only a matter of time before more of the US is in danger. ..

It was May 1943. Hitler had just been 'assassinated' by a chance accident involving the crash of his private aircraft. There was hope that the war would be over by the end of the year with preparations for a European invasion now going into full swing. The decisions made following the invasion, though, would backfire with unforeseen consequences for the Allies. Even with the chaos that ensued on the Axis lines, the real surprise came with the decision by the Allied high command to hold in France see if the German war effort would peter out under pressure from local resistance. Though the war did continue with the Nazis seeming to break into factions, something changed with the war effort in early 1944. By April of 1944 that change was revealed when a weapon was deployed that the Nazis had hoped would serve as a stopgap gambit their seemingly hopeless situation.

That weapon was the Atom Bomb.

Though it wasn’t as powerful as initially hoped, the damage was more than sufficent. It was a shock to the world when the first reports of the weapon rose from within the Russian front, and all communication from Moscow had ended immediately thereafter with reports of rampant sickness and death. As the Allies moved to recover from the Normandy fiasco, the shock grew even more when London was wiped off the face of the map, a much larger explosion than had been reported in Russia now being confirmed on camera in the British Isles. It shook the US Commanders in America to the core with the realization that they had been beat with the deployment of a Nuclear weapon in combat.

Fear was said by many to be the rationale for the pulling out of Europe.

With the war tentatively cooling, rebuilding and fortification of the formerly devastated positions in Germany, France, and the British Isles were begun in haste by a newly rekindled Axis war effort. Some Axis politicians lobbied for an armistice, hoping that the American Isolationist movement being rekindled on the North American continent could be an advantage. Maybe, that way, “the world could find some way to coexist?”. They also used the collapse of the Soviet Union under Imperial Japanese and Nazi pressures as a propaganda ploy; the East, seemingly, had reformed itself into a similar ‘United States’ and looked to end the horrid Nuclear War and bring peace among both states.

In the West; South and North America decided that forming a similar union would be a prime defensive measure to counter the new Eastern Threat; quickly annexing the Central American Nations. With the Japanese having essentially halted their expansion with the strain of the Eurasian occupation, Australia and Oceania also took this to their advantage. Quickly moving tofortify what islands they had left, the aligned themselves with the American Coalition and willfully annexed in the following months. Proxy fighting remained in the Pacific and Africa but Japan in the east and France in the west/south set a concrete boundary for the new Eastern Superstate.

With the two new super states functioning as entities in themselves, a massive arms race was started to take advantage of the new Nuclear threat on either side. New nuclear powered Naval fleets became the norm, and Aviation became sleeker, faster, and far more deadly than ever thought possible.

But, the war also had another side to those that weren’t part of the fighting. Smaller nuclear weapons as well as testing of new weapons technologies had taken their toll on the planet. Now in November of 1954 the world was much different than that of a decade prior. The world was colder, as a Nuclear Winter had set in from the use of the weapons and technologies associated with the atomic age. The world population had shrunk due to the strain of war and nuclear fallout. Now the two sides feeling pressed into a corner had one last plan to break out..

The Premise was rather simple: Use a new atomic powered weapon to finish the war started over 15 years ago. That weapon: Powered Armor.

In this game, you the player are a Powered Armor Pilot for the American Army or Eastern Army. A national draft of all men and women from 18 to 40 has been instituted to the General populous of both sides in hopes of ending the war once and for all.

Bio Sheet
Name:
Years served:
Power Armor:
Favorite pinup: lol
Back Story:

Axis Powered Armor:
Assault PA: Mitsubishi Type 314 (2 Man Crew of 1 PC and a Player controlled NPC)
Pursuit PA: Messerschmitt Me-864 (1 man Crew)
Strategic PA: Tupolev Tu-260 (4 man crew of 1 Player and 3 player controlled NPCs)

Allied Powered Armor
Pursuit PA: Grumman FN-9F “Panther” (1 man Crew)
Assault PA: Hawker 75N “Thunderhawk” 2 Man Crew of 1 PC and a Player controlled NPC)
Strategic PA: Boeing BN-44C “Stratobomber” (4 man crew of 1 Player and 3 player controlled NPCs)

The power armor are essentially 1950s stylized versions of the TREAD and other armor from Mospeda and serve the same purpose.

mcred23

This is the second poll choice, from Ziryab.

Snail's Pace

INTRO
Find it strange that people willingly develop transforming vehicles? You'll find it even stranger that they've successfully filtered into the public market. And without doubt a modding and racing enthusiasts sprouted forth.

Completion of I-14 became a boon to residents of the sleepy, mountain range spanning Jeneric City. Its transforming-motor (or motoform) enthusiasts found the wide, flat freeway to be a gateway towards new thrills and wide possibilities, taking them even beyond the stateline into the cosmopolitan hilly streets of Neapolitan and beyond. The territorial motoform community of Neapolitan however, was hardly ever welcoming or tolerant of their Jeneric City kin, often finding them to be an outright nuisance both to their city and the hobby.

Contempt and begrudging rival eventually turned tragic almost a month ago following the death of a Jeneric City motoform street racer and her passenger along I-14. Reports indicate that it happened sometime after having left Neapolitan upon disrupting a local motoform gathering that brought police onto the scene before speeding away. Since then, in the following weeks, some Neapolitan motoformists seem to have become increasingly malevolent towards Jeneric City residents coming through Neapolitan as well as encroaching into Jeneric City itself, sometimes violently so.
======

BACKSTAGE
If you haven’t guessed, I don’t plan for an amazingly serious tone with this RPG. But that’s partly obvious when you have people racing and joyriding in motorcycles and cars that can transform into mecha. And the dollarbin storyline? =p Okay, maybe a semi-seriousness that will lend itself to unintentional humor at times? (Yeah, I’ve been put through a lot of bad movies this summer.) But I’m happy enough with players just having fun with whatever tone they work out.

I do not intend this game to be long running, intentionally, less than a year at most. I may try to hurry things along at times if it seems, and everyone else thinks, that things are dragging along. But, I will try not to railroad everyone and attempt to be flexible depending to accommodate in-game activity. Before and during game, I encourage players to collaborate some sort of in-game knowledge or history between their characters to some degree where possible.

A part of me prefers just two groups in this whole thing yet at most there is a total of four factions. Primary being the motoformists of Jeneric City and Neapolitan, secondary being the law enforcement of both cities & I-14 and tertiary being the general populace of both cities. The transforming vehicles mainly involved in the RPG include cars, motorcycles (with and without sidecars) and motortrikes (standard and reverse positions). Within reason players come up with their rides. There will be a rather shallow stat system concerning the players’ vehicles—at the moment consisting of: acceleration, power, stability and complications. That last one being a combination of the first three to hint a possibility of something going wrong with your character’s vehicle on its own. They really just serve as rough guideline during vehicular interaction more than anything. And those this hasn’t been decided yet, maybe experience points will be doled out by the end of each one or two threads based on in-game activity of your character(s), not posting output.

About myself: Honestly, I think this might be the first RPG I’ve ever fully least. Well, at least forum-wise and as opposed to just on the thread level. I appreciate whatever aid, cooperation and feedback I can obtain from everyone. I would also like to have least one volunteer (two max?) to co-GM the game as well as provide whatever assistance they can in fleshing out and progressing the game. Concerning my activity, even if I am posting only 1-3 times a week at most, it can be assured that I’m checking the boards at least every other day when I can and will give whatever OOC chatter is needed to ensure you I’m about, can answer questions, provide feedback and give direction when needed. However, if I’m not around for some time or whatever reason then the mods and/or co-GM(s) will have my rambling notes to amuse themselves then burn after reading. Yet, even if I am unable to reach a computer for however long, I can still access my email account (which I check almost daily) from my cellphone and thus remain updated. I do believe I can do basic text with AIM, YIM and MSM on my cellphone but that can real slow as I’m chatspeak illiterate.

*bows*

mcred23

This is the thrid option, from Kavik Ryx.

New Mobile Century Gundam X: Lost Numbers

With the 7th space war dragging on, both sides through everything they had at each other. And for the soldiers of the UNE, nothing was more devastating than watching countless colonies fall to Earth. Haunted by what they had saw, the soldiers of Earth were consumed by a collective rage, bringing ruin to each and every colony they could see. Then, two weeks later, they simply vanished, but not before bringing about the deaths of 8 billion spacenoids. And now, 13 years later, what ended then, is ready to start once more.

AW 13, amongst the ruins of L4 are three colonies. The first is Kaphre, a small colony lead by former SRA general Esteban Soze. Believing that a lack of unity and obsessive faith in newtypes lead to the tragedies of the war, Soze is determined to bring the remaining colonies together under the thumb of a powerful military state. However, while he can keep his own people in line, he lacks the resources to expand his sphere of control. And this is where the second colony, Sundial, comes into the works.

It is a poor and dismal colony. No food, no resources, and not even the strong can maintain authority over their own territory. Those who are smart, leave as soon as they can. Many join up with the scavenger organization Raven, emigrants from Sundial who vow to abandon their home. And it is the Ravens who grab the attention of Soze. Knowing the group has the man and willpower to satisfy the early parts of his ambitions, he hires them at a high price to acquire abandoned war technology, and just as importantly, guarantee them not falling into the hands of the Gulls.

Holding virtual control over the relatively less dismal colony Trinidad, the Gulls are a ruthless team of scavengers, who make sure at all costs that no other faction gains any more power over another. They are under command by a duet of lovers Kei Yu Wan and Nadia Sadat, armed with a series of modified G-bits capable of human use, and willing to sell to anyone, so long as they are only so powerful. But their now frequent conflicts with the Ravens has led them to ancient technology, scrapped projects, and a force even deadlier than themselves.

13 years ago, the UNE did not simply destroy in a blind rage, but rather were under the influence of the newtype Van Argentium. In the ensuing slaughter, he witnessed a vision which implied that none of his men would survive the next battle, a prediction, which would turn out true when those who ignored his warnings were decimated in an embarrassing defeat. Van may have been the angriest of them all as he could "hear" his entire family slowly dying horrible deaths. But even he had the foresight to understand that his revenge would need time to come to light. And little over a decade later, has the power to rise again, utilizing his very own mass produced Gundams, Yggdrasil, otherwise known as Gundam Y.

With so much to live for, yet so much to kill with, the will of powerful individuals are soon to clash, leaving no one out of harm's way.

The story begins as a Raven search group becomes mixed up with Kaphre security. As payback for a small ensuing series of embarrassing events, the team's captain agrees to round up never-used Mobile Armors from a drifting SRA carrier. It just so happens that the Gulls are just as interested in the loot.

Factions/Suits

Kaphre/Raven (Separate, but allied)
Daugtap
Daughtress (Including command and weapon)
Jenice
Octape

Gulls
DX-Bit (GX): Pilot ready GX bit with its own power source, and a secondary cannon. Requires frequent recharging from motherships.
CT-Bit (GT): Pilot ready GT bit with an additional missile launcher and a rail gun.
AU-Bit (GW): Pilot ready GW bit with upgraded weaponry and grappling binders. If the original couldn't transform, this one can.

The Survivors (UNE soldiers)
Yggdrasil (Based upon design of Gundam Belphagor): Non-Newtype MP Gundam capable of various equipment for varied tactical purposes. Similar to the Strike, but not with backpacks.

mcred23

Poll choice number four was created by Sume Gai.

SRW: Chaos

Setting/focus:

The setting is an alternate history of the SRW OG universe. One which aimes to pit a human vs human war on a larger scale than the DC uprisings. The focus of the story Is Less on the more colorful machines and hcharacters that most of the OG crew control and more on Grunt units like the Gespenst.

Back Story:

60 years ago, despite a pair of devastating meteor strikes, Earth was on the verge of overcrowding, To counter this the Earth Sphere Federation created the Space Development Corporation and tasked them with building the first Permanent space habitats. Within 45 years almost half of humanity was living in space, and overpopulation was no longer a concern. As such, the frugal ESF parliament cut the SDC's funding, leaving it to private organizations to continue space development.

Citizens in the Colonies felt betrayed when their government seemingly left them to fend for themselves and soon more radical voices took the lead. Thanks to funding from lunar based Mao Industries the remnants of the SDC became the Human Advancement League. Initially the HAL was merely a privately funded continuation of the SDC but soon it grew, 10 years later the HAL amounted to the primary governing force in the colonies and a fully armed military group.

At first it seemed that, even split into these two camps, the majority of humanity was unready for an actual war. The HAL and ESF never fought outright for territory or authority. Political leaders such as Bian Zoldark and Maier V. Branstein pushed for a peaceful coexistence. Yet it was not meant to be, a series of assassinations and bombings aimed at both sides slowly changed both public opinion and political landscape. Zoldark and Branstein were some of the first to go and were soon followed by other government leaders that had agreed with them.

Now it seems Humanity teeters on the brink of full scale war pitting earth against space. Was this inevitable, a part of human nature, or is something else at work?

Mechs

Each faction will have designated machines for their Regulars and Aces. from which to choose.

ESF: HAL: those marked with a * would be unavailable at the start.

In addition Special NPCs will control several of the more potent units and come and go to move the overall plot along.

Weapons

One thing I hoped to employ is a system similar to the OG 1 & 2 games where players can swap weapons out based on personal preference. Each mech depending on it's type will have several weapons from which the players choose 2-3 (this excludes built in weapons like vulcans etc.)

mcred23

The fifth and final choice in this poll is from EZero8.

Lunar Mobile Frame Gundam: Dominion's Rise

Sixty years ago, the evolution of technology led the mankind into a new era. A new infinite power source that harnesses clean solar energy had been developed, stabilizing countries around the globe and making atomic nuclear energy obsolete. Resource satellites are later brought into Earth’s orbit to provide enormous amounts of useable metals and minerals. Colonization on the Moon is made possible from the industrial and economic boom, with plans to colonize Mars in development. Foreign disputes ceased worldwide, and eventually an agreement was made to unify all nations under the power of one centralized government. It seemed that universal peace had finally been obtained after centuries of conflict. A new calendar is raised to commemorate this monumental event; this period would be known as the Dominion Era.

It is D.E. 059; fifty-nine years have passed since peace was established under the United Earth-Nations Federation. With the founding fathers of this alliance retiring from public view, the government is currently run by new blood. Amongst them are sons and daughters of the once celebrated sovereign elite. In their meteoric rise to power, this ambitious group shamelessly promotes their avid fascination for Victorian-era aristocracy. Holding lavish balls and luxurious tea parties, this society captivates the population with vintage living. This fever for classical living only grew more popular as society conformed to these values.

By taking powerful political offices and directing the masses, the new breed’s grasp on the Earth Sphere strengthens. The Federation is renamed the Utopian Earth Nobility Dominion to mark another new era for the new generation. Standards and lifestyle became much more strict and proper. Men and women both face massive changes to their daily roles and fairy-tale personalities emerged. Even the Victorian-style of dress and speech became common. Detractors to the “tea party regime” immigrated to the Moon colonies, where Dominion influence was minimal at best. As a result, the Moon became a place for diverse cultures and individualism. In a much more relaxed atmosphere the people did as they pleased, but within reason.

As the Moon’s population grew, the Dominion began to exercise increased control over the lunar territories. However, the lack of direct authority made it easy for liberal extremists to lay the seeds of rebellion. The Moon became a production facility for building and testing new weapons to arm a revolution. But before long, the projects were discovered and subsequently confiscated by the U.E.N.D. To prepare for a potential uprising, the Dominion builds up a standing military with ease using the data confiscated from the rebels. Meanwhile, the loss of their first “Mobile Weapon” design plan only increased the lunar society’s motivation for independence. Another project is launched and developed more discreetly this time to form a perfected design concept.

Fast forward to D.E. 060: the Moon’s dissent has reached a boiling point. The U.E.N.D. had increasingly restricted the rights of the lunar colonists to discourage rebellion, but these measures only triggered the opposite effect. Proclaiming themselves the Lunar Protectorate, a rebel military group based on the Moon declares war against the U.E.N.D. The Dominion reacts to the hostility by deploying the AMD-006 Dominion Pawn, an Armored Module based on the Protectorate’s original design concepts. With their superior numbers, the Dominion military sends out several fleets into space to invade the Moon, seeking a quick victory. Though unprepared to roll out their own Mobile Weapon, the Protectorate responds with their defense forces consisting of gunboats and space fighters. The first battle ends with devastating losses for both sides; the Protectorate’s superior anti-fleet defenses perfectly matched the Dominion’s massive attack strength and numerical advantage. With the initial skirmishes leading to disastrous results, the war reaches a stalemate.

Months pass since the start of the rebellion. Attempting to break the stalemate, both sides have begun to wage territorial warfare, collecting surrounding resource satellites and initiating invasion operations. The Protectorate finally deploys their first Mobile Frame, the LMF-01 Raptor, to combat the Pawn. Armed to challenge the U.E.N.D. at last, the Protectorate sends out their MS teams to engage enemy fleets. Meanwhile, the Dominion pushes onwards in their goal to retake control of the Protectorate territories and to reassert their philosophy to the “uncultured” remains of mankind.

Mobile weapons will be battery powered and will have to operate under gravity. There will be no beam weapons per-say; the closest thing will be weapons similar to the plasma swords from 00. As such, expect to fight using machineguns and bazookas mostly.

Fritz Ashlyn

The winning RPG is Lunar Mobile Frame Gundam: Dominion's Rise, by EZero8. He may post sign up, discussion, and other threads he needs when he so chooses.

The poll is now closed. Thank you to everyone that provided ideas and discussion.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!