TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
hellbore

Re: TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

- Sara/Jacob -

Having seen the commotion caused by the Reapers escape, the Cerberus had taken off and landed near the site where the Jagd Doga had took off. Seeing fellow pilots of the Gundam Team, Sara spoke up through the external speakers.

"What happened here?" she asked, unknowlingly echoing Zaine's question. "Is everyone alright?"

"And what was that mobile suit just now?" Jacob added, knowing that such a machine leaving in such a manner was never a good thing around here.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Strike Zero

- Strike, Stellar, Rosy, Lily -

"Those guys," Strike started in answer to most everybody's questions, "were the Fandom Dark Star Reapers, a special detachment of the Dark Star Knights. That Jagd Doga belonged to one of them. And just now..." He paused. "I believe that Rena Lanford was kidnapped by the one called Gabriel."

"Whaaaaaaat?!" came a high pitch cry. From the side, Rosy and Lily jogged up and approached the group. "She's been kidnapped? Darn it! Those guys beat us to it!"

Strike nodded gravely. "I mean, I didn't see it for myself, but she's nowhere to be found. And I don't think she would have just wandered off... has anybody--"

The young man suddenly cut himself off mid-sentence, realizing something. "Hang on... what do you mean 'beat you to it?' Who the hell are you two anyway? I've never seen you before."

Rosy froze and grinned sheepishly. "Eh heh heh... well, that's..."

Now that he had a chance to study them up close, his memories finally came clicking back into place. Strike's eyes widened with sudden remembered of the battle he'd fought solo over the waters of Aidoneus not too long ago... and lost. He jabbed an angry finger at them. "You... it's you two! The Strike Witches! The two girls that I fought with over the ocean--!"

"Oh, would you look at the time!" Rosy interrupted loudly, looking at her wrist though she clearly wasn't wearing any watch. "We've got to get going now. Let's go, Lily. Now!"

Immediately the two of them dashed off to where they had hidden their Striker Units. They quickly slid into the devices, powered them up in an instant, and rocketed away from the area with incredible speed.

"HEY! Get back here!" Strike screamed, running after them and waving his fist in the air. "You can't leave yet! I've still got a score to settle! I have to reclaim my honor! I challenge you to a rematch! You hear me?! I challenge youuuuuuuuu!!!"

Stellar's face fell into her palm as the incensed pilot continued ranting and raving even as the two witches grew smaller and smaller againt the sky. "Ho, boy..."

- Elya -

Elya hadn't moved from where she'd fallen on the ground, still in a mild state of shock. As Masamune began chastising her, she flinched only just slightly. But then his tone turned reassuring once again and he asked if she had been hurt.

Slowly, Elya shook her head. "N-no... I'm okay. I... c-can't really feel my legs though..."

She tried to smile and giggled shakily, suddenly realizing that her entire body was trembling. "I guess I... I didn't think about how scared I was until just now, I... h-heh heh..." A lump formed in her throat. "I-I'm sorry... I know you told me to stay but... when I saw you fighting I... all I could think was that I didn't want you to get hurt and I... sorta reacted... I..."

Her breathing suddenly became shallow, the full scope of everything that had just happened finally settling in. Her trembling worsened. She brought her legs in closer and wrapped her arms around them. "I... I g-guess that was k-kinda d-dumb, h-huh... Masamune?" She tried her best to keep her smile up, but it was slowly faltering, the task for some reason becoming increasingly difficult as the seconds ticked by and the fear and shock took over.

- Gabriel -

Gabriel cast a sidewards glance at the Mercurius that had just pulled up along side his Jagd Doga. If he wasn't mistaken, that was the unit that belonged to Norman the Justice, a Dark Star Knight that worked as one of the Nova Prince's special agents. It seemed as though his mission to the Gundam team on Aidoneus island had finished, as he so indicated.

"Well, that's certainly good to hear," Gabriel replied with a smile to the older man's remark. "What do you intend to do now? Report back to his majesty?"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
hellbore

- Sara/Jacob -

After hearing Strike tell his version of events and had a wierd freak out with two little girls who appaered suddenly and then just as suddenly escaped using, of all things, jet engines over their legs. Shaking off the wierdness Sara suddenly remembered who it was Strike had captured. Rena, the elf girl. The thought of her in the clutches of the Fandom made Sara worried.

"That poor girl, Jacob. Isn't their anything we can do? Can't we chase after them?"

"No their long gone, and the Minovsky Particles are still much too dense to track them, but more importantly..." Jacob suddenly mashed the external speakers on and all but yelled at Strike Zero.

"What the hell were those little girls, Strike. I want an explanation. Now." The tone was unmistakably an order, Jacob's rank of Captain finally having some use.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Zangetsu

-Norman-

"Yes Gabriel, I do plan on immediately returning to see his majesty. I have already been gone long enough." He said as he flew along side. "It seams you all fought hard, against the gundam team I trust. Not end well?"
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Wedge14

Garmin Aelfhere let out a guttural roar as he somehow found a way to slam a door open. "Victious!" He shouted as his blood boiled.

"I've had enough, of their failures. They had an agent inside the Divine Crusaders and amounted to do nothing impressive with him!" Garmin punctuated his sentance by sending his fist crashing into Victious' desk.

Flinging his arm to the side in a dramatic fashion, he continued. "Furthermore, they have not added anything significant to the campaign in months. I want their autonomy removed, as well as their special privileges."

Garmin quickly and angrily sat down, his robe billowing softly, slightly revealing the metal armour he wore underneath it at all times.

"Just look at the numbers, they're wasting resources. They've cost us more then my whole battallion, and my honour guard outnumbers them tenfold..."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Kylern

-Salvation-

The inclusion of this ship in the islands docks made three battleships they possessed but the stealth vessel was in no hurry to get back to fighting. It was heavily damaged from the battle in the exosphere and almost sunk here on Earth when it decided to provide fire support. Plus the fact she only had two variable units left crippled her main ability as a carrier, and one of those units was also crippled...

Ryder was already filling out paper work to have the ship repaired. He also requested the production of several new Cheyenne defense robots to rebuild the ship's point defense capabilities. He also wouldn't have minded having a squad of Lions loaded up onto the ship but didn't ask in order to avoid appearing pushy. While this was going on his Messiah was already being reloaded into the hangar bay where the teams were piecing together a pack for atmosphere use.

Lt. Commander Kyle Ryder was now back on Earth and the first thing he had to do was re-introduce himself to the Gundam team. Then he had to find his little sister who he was told was here on Earth. That bastard in space had left him some big hints and now it was time to follow up on them while he was here.

-Kylern-

Bad news traveled fast in this base it seemed... Even as the little witch girls took off in their suped up rocket legs he heard that someone had been kidnapped. Who he didn't know yet but a little nagging voice inside told him he knew the person. And he almost knew who that person was, but after that little make her cry session he wasn't sure to be upset or relieved. The later emotion was wrong and he hated himself for it, but with her gone he didn't have to worry about anyone anymore. His only connection here would be severed and he could get back to work without interruptions.

"You know you can't do that... She's probably scared right now and needs help. Are you going to be a man or a coward here. After all a warrior is one who faces his fears regardless of the consequences." His inner conscience was beating up on him yet again... But what could he do? The Belphagor was out of commission for now and he didn't know where she had gone.

"Wait... Yes I do!" He pulled the little shard of psionic crystal from underneath his shirt and stared at it. It was starting to dim in despair as the distance between its other half increased. All he had to do was use it to lead him to her... And maybe the Belphagor's Flash System could help him out.

Kylern had done a 180 and ran through the barracks area where everyone was gathered as he headed for the hangar and the awaiting Gundam.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

-Zaine Kamiya/Lucia Kamiya-

"Great... another kidnapped person..." Zaine said fairly annoyed. Then the little bit between Strike and the other witches before they high-tailed it off the island.

"Huh... Weird..." He turned towards Zangetsu, walked over to the wounded pilot, and got one arm over his shoulder. "Come on... i'll help you to the infirmary." Zaine said as he began to help Zangetsu move in that direction.

Lucia was still by the Exia in the Valhalla's hangar.
Nero

-Fandom Tech-

The Angelg pilot would soon have a visitor in the form of the Lead technician who had been working on Kizu's Astraea Type F...

"I've got a message for you from Kizu Kamiya..."

-Kizu-

He then opened his eyes after a few hours of 'sleep'... he glanced around, trying to take in his surroundings.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Sume Gai

Victious Sterling

When Garmin busted into his Office Victious was reading some sort of report. The man did not react to Garmin's sudden intrusion right away like most would have. Rather he waited till Garmin had finished his rant and calmly placed the report on his desk before answering.

"Indeed, They disappoint despite their reputation" Victious had already received a full report on the recent battle. "I agree that we should reprimand them, however, lets avoid being too direct about it for the moment. I shall see to it myself."

Victious knew that if any of the DSKs wanted to return to space they would have to use the facilities at Hawaii, it would be then that he would act. Victious reached down again and lifting a separate report from the earlier one offered it to Aelfhere

"In the mean time I have some good news for you. Viking 1 has been completed and very soon, thanks to Zann's efforts, we will begin construction of Viking 2."

Tallis Stenner

The tech would be unable to deliver her message, The Angelg's Cockpit was closed and even the mention of Kizu's name did not elict a reaction from Tallis. Unbeknown to the mechanic Tallis Was still reeling from Kayla's earlier harsh words and didn't want to be seen by anyone.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

- Strike -

The young man sighed explosively. "You wanna know? Those two were a pair of the Federation's Strike Witches, magical girls who use their abilities for combat. I myself have had a run-in with them in the past that didn't end to well in my favor."

He kicked at the ground. "Damn it all... I'm going to go check on Morpheus and he others... see what kind of damage they inflicted. Hopefully they didn't mess things up too badly." With that he started off for the base's interior with Stellar in tow.

- Gabriel -

"Oh, I wouldn't say that. I had a wonderful time while I was there. And what's more, I certainly haven't left empty-handed..." he said, glancing once more at the sleeping girl he cradled.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a ship to catch, and you're unfortunately not invited. It's not that we wouldn't be delighted to have you, there's just the whole secrecy business we're obligated to uphold. You understand, of course?"
Cybaster

(Please delete.)
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

As Zaine helped him to the infirmary. "Thanks Zaine, I really apreciate this.". Then he let slip out. "I feel bad for pointing a gun at your sister." 'Uh oh!' He thought to himself. 'I'm dead.' "Now Zaine do be hasty. It was a simple misunderstanding."

-Norman-

"Of course Gabriel." Norman said as he diverted course to Hawaii. 'Poor girl, of all the rotten luck, to get stuck with him.'
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Cybaster

-Emily, Morpheus, Kirie and Maya-

"Yeah..." Emily started instinctively as Gai walked in and glanced around at the scene around him, but stopped herself soon after --- and she sulked. Maya simply glanced at Gai passively. "...No. No, Gai, I'm not. I was right there, I should've been able to stop her, but..." Emily shook her head, forcing her eyes shut disdainfully; The memory of her fight with Camilla --- and its end result --- left a bitter taste in her mouth as she bit her lip wistfully. "But she still got me and Martin, and she still managed to get right by us and grab June. I hate Call Lightning. Stupid cheating Fighter/Druid, she won't get away with this..."

As Morpheus and Kirie then made their way into the barracks, Morpheus' arms behind his back --- again --- and with Kirie sighing at the scene of carnage, Emily's sulk deepened. With a weak motion, she tossed Morpheus' lightsaber upwards and towards him; Morpheus grabbed it with his right hand, and the hilt disappeared into his sleeve just as quickly. As they stopped, Maya turned sharply and saluted professionally, staring evenly at her 'CO'; Morpheus' eyes widened momentarily, but soon regained his composure and he nodded at her, causing Maya to drop her hand.

"Emily?" Kirie began, scratching his head with his left hand. "What happened here after I was gone?"

For a moment, Emily was quiet, blinking at Morpheus uncertainly; It was as if knowing what she faced, Emily didn't want Morpheus to know that she failed to defeat her first Munchkin Lord --- and that she had failed to live up to everything that Morpheus had groomed her for up to now. Morpheus' glance at her, calm and collected, however, caused Emily to take a deep breath, suddenly feeling that she wanted to open up to him (Zone of Truth effect as a Spell-like Ability? Emily surmised), and finally shake her head wistfully. "That woman...she had a Lightsaber, too. A red one. She was---"

"A Munchkin," Morpheus finished for her and, as he then centered his gaze on the wounded Martin, he frowned sadly --- that look on Martin's face told Morpheus everything he needed to know. "She took June, didn't she?"

Emily nodded meekly. "Yeah. Blasted me and Martin with a burst of lightning after I stabbed her once, took June hostage, and flew out of here on some kind of red Mobile Suit that looked like Masamune's. Said she wanted you to bring me to her in exchange for June's life...something about waiting for us in Jaburo. Then me and Maya had to deal with that other monster...didn't recognize it at all, but it wasn't with her, at least. Kept fighting us even after she left, then fled. Hey," Emily leapt and raised her hand, blinking quizzically at Morpheus all of a sudden. "Even though it ran, I still get full XP, right?" ?_?

Sweatdrop.

As Kylern passed by at that moment, Morpheus and Kirie nodded to him in greeting; They didn't know yet that Rena was kidnapped by Gabriel. "Then there's nothing we can do about it for the moment," Morpheus said calmly, addressing both Emily and Martin at once; Emily nodded in dejection at that. "But the Munchkin took June that way because she realized that she can't beat you in a straight fight, Emily; She Force Lightning'd you, and only won the fight because she was more experienced --- in Lightsaber fighting, the Munchkin Lord wasn't necessarily more skilled than you at all. She fears you, Emily, you and your growing powers, like it or not --- so don't worry; Next time, you'll get her."

Emily nodded again.

"Which means, Martin," Morpheus continued, raising his head; And from what Emily told me, she had a Sisquiede of her own --- so she must've been with SNRI. This proves it, then --- It really is Steve Livingstone who is the hidden Dark Lord behind SNRI and the Federation... "That as long as we still have Emily here, she won't kill June --- she is the only bargaining chip the Munchkin Lord has left to obtaining Emily safely and without fighting her. This gives us time to plan our next move --- but a direct assault on Jaburo is out of the question. Now's not the time."

A pause. Morpheus turned towards Maya, who simply continued waiting. At that point, Strike and Stellar had likewise found their way there as well, and Morpheus quickly turned with a mischevious grin. Time for some better news, at least. "Oh, and for those of us joining us right now," Morpheus began, and gestured towards the waiting Maya Nightwizard. "Strike, Stellar, Gai: meet Maya Nightwizard --- but I believe you all better know of her as the one known as 'Black Mage'."

Emily T_T'd at it, and promptly. Stupid Kirie! There goes my 20 credits...

-Masamune-

Seeing Elya hug her knees as she sat back, Masamune immediately felt guilty for chastising her so --- and even without SEED Mode, Masamune could tell right away that Elya was terrified of the Dark Star Reapers. She certainly wasn't kidding that time. As for Masamune, as he stared at Elya, all he could think about was how his heart leapt to his throat the moment Hanzo was about to strike her down; He could virtually see nothing else but that then, and had nearly been lost as well had Masamune simply not chosen to act on instinct, without thinking. It still amazed and daunted Masamune how a single second could've determined everything between heroism and tragedy --- how short a time he had before he lost Elya forever.

But Masamune also knew that he was a trained warrior and swordsman --- he had learned to bite his fear, make strength of it when he needed to. He could only wonder if Elya had this kind of luxury to her at all.

As Masamune pulled himself back up slightly, he walked forward on his knees, staggering slightly, trying to ignore the pain...and turned around, falling onto his rear beside Elya. With a moment's hesitation as Masamune's eye blinked uncertainly, he reached his left hand out and placed it on Elya's shoulder, shaking the girl very gently in assurance. "It was dumb," Masamune sighed at that; It was the truth, and nothing Masamune said to cover it up would change that. "But...I admire that courage nonetheless, Elya. I just wish it wasn't so heartrending to see it...I'd never forgive myself if I had missed and I lost you to that armored fiend."

A pause.

"Can you move?" Masamune finally sighed at that, having recovered enough to sit himself up, then stand slowly --- and reached his right hand outwards as his left held his Saber backhanded, towards Elya. Masamune was smiling gently. "Here, I'll help you up, Elya --- careful, just take it slowly. We'd better find Morpheus before he sends Kirie or Emily over here to fetch us..."
Wedge14

Victious, was rather clever turning Garmin's attention from the DSK's even if it was momentarily.

"Zann has performed admirably with a fraction of the resources the DSK use. I shall give him praise myself at a latter date."

Garmin suddenly glanced towards the door, coulda sworn he heard something he grasped the hilt of his sword and slowly released his grip as he realized it was nothing.

"The viking project is our true ambition here. We will be able to put all this senseless violence to rest in one move." Garmin rose from the chair and rested his gauntlet wearing hand on the back of the chair. A wicked grin forming on his face.

"I'm certain that we will turn the earth red, much like our home"

Sume Gai

Victious Sterling

Victious leaned forward as he assumed his standard Gendo pose. His eyes met Garmin's.

"Yes in the end our victory is the most important thing... though... I'd prefer to use more standard methods. Don't let up my friend; give our foes no quarter on the battlefield."

Behind his hands Victious smiled, it was slight but held a wickness that would terrify most men.

"If that fails then we shall use Viking, No matter which path we take victory shall be ours"

Sume Gai/Martin Snow

Once again alot seemed to be happening Emily Mentioned Martin, who Gai guessed was the man Maya was holding up, and then June. Gai had heard that name before and if didn't take long for his mind to guess, correctly, who she was. The revelation that she had been -here- surprised him and the fact that she'd been taken....

'...like Tallis...'

...caused Gai to ball his left hand into a tight fist. Was the Federation again going to toy with people's lives like they had done to Mike?

Meanwhile Morpheus had moved on to address Martin who, unlike when Emily addressed him, looked up when Morpheus spoke. (Perhaps some other "spell" at work) Martin's Eyes were still unfocused and it was hard to tell if Martin actually heard anything that was said but it seemed he was listening. When Morpheus finished Martin Looked down again but remained quiet.

Finally Morpheus introduced Maya Nightwizard and in the same breath confirmed that she was Black Mage. Gai found he wasn't as shocked as he felt he should be. Somehow, even though he'd dismissed the "silly suspicion" when he 'first' met her; It had stuck. Yet in the end her true identity was one of the least pressing issues at hand.

"Jaburo, so it exists here... and June, the girl Zero charged Zaine to protect, was taken there."

-Midori Ashita-

The Hatch flipped open to reveal rather hideous scene. Had alex been human he would have been Hambuger now and even though he wasn't the sight of his body badly mangled would cause Bile to rise from a weak stomach. His torso was almost totally destroyed leaving his arms and legs as separate pieces. However by some form of luck or maybe a miracle his brain case the only implacable part of him was still intact though not fully undamaged.

Just then the doctor arrived, that rather odd one whom most tried to avoid for fear of arousing his interest. He instructed her to leave this to him and get out of the way and Midori knowing better than to argue stepped aside.

"please Doc do whatever you can."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

-Kalen-

Bunch of idiots, Kalen Barnett frowned derisively to himself as he sat alone in the mess hall on Hawaii, listening to the various pilots and soldiers converse among themselves in what was pretty much the 'rumor mill' of the Fandom war machine; Everything of note, everything that affects anyone, might affect anyone or even won't affect anyone --- of note --- was mentioned here at the mess tables, rumors of enemy movements, juicy gossip on various personalities, both Fandom or not, things the secretary to the officer that directed this program consisting of these various people who had been deployed from this base in the middle of Mars run by this person who was the second cousin to this member of the Sterling Family who had been disowned might've heard...they could all be found here, if one was patient enough and was willing to deal with all this.

Kalen, of course, did not participate in this rumor mill --- most of the time. As he sat there listening to the mess hall at work, Kalen sat in a disdainful pose, poking at his mashed potatoes (or the failed attempt hereof) emptily with a fork; Beside him, the MP who had moments ago began on various rumors he heard from posting outside the door of Victious Sterling's office was still rambling on, and with the MP to his left, and soldiers and pilots to the right, front, and back, Kalen knew that he was trapped by the rumor mill until he finished his lunch. After a small discourse on the rumor of a Federation task force having attacked Aidoneus Island with a drop operation mere moments ago, however, Kalen's ear perked up as the MP began to switch to a different rumor: That Aelfhere and Sterling were planning to disband the Dark Star Knights altogether.

This caused Kalen to frown sharply. It was not beyond Aelfhere and Sterling to do this, in Kalen's view; If they could betray the Black Knights, what were the Dark Star Knights to them, even? What couldn't Garmin Aelfhere do to make sure that the status quo of the Old Families were maintained? Kalen snorted derisively at that; He was quite sure that Aelfhere had been wanting to find a reason to put the Nova Prince to the guillotine for constantly undermining the Sterlings' political clout for a long time --- this was merely a convenient reason to reach that end. It wouldn't work, of course, Kalen knew; Even if it did, things would be ugly.

And apparently his snort was heard throughout the table, because when Kalen looked back up --- all the table's eyes were on him. Kalen shook his head bitterly. "As I was saying, it's probably a good thing they're taking action against the Dark Star Knights now," The MP earlier repeatedly firmly, staring at Kalen with something that was a cross between bitterness and a challenge. "Do you think otherwise?"

"Yes." Kalen simply answered, his direct demeanor taking over; He had never sugar-coated anything unless he really needed to, and even now, Kalen still hated himself a little for having to hide from Aelfhere that June was possibly still alive. But it was justified; If Kalen didn't, June and Martin would be hunted to the ends of the Earth. "Yes, I do. It's a dumb move, to go after the Dark Star Knights now; Aelfhere, apparently, is once again acting on both his groin and the Sterlings' conditioning yet again before using his head. He doesn't realize what kind of changes they'll wrought and, in turn, what he'll bring on us."

Everyone at the table kept staring.

"Okay," Kalen sighed at that, leaning forward, arms propped up underneath his chin. "Tell me --- why exactly is Aelfhere doing that again? What's his excuse?"

"He said..." The MP paused a moment. "If I heard right, it's because of something related to their recent failures and being a drain on resources---"

"Setbacks, not failures. Setbacks." Kalen corrected quickly. "Before the Federation brought their Gundam Team over, the Dark Star Knights haven't failed before --- at least, not enough for Aelfhere to be complaining about it then as he is now. Perhaps with the DC getting better, we've been suffering more setbacks, but it's not just them; The Federation are starting to counterattack, and many of the other Earthbound theaters that are used to the Federation running from them are starting to get pushed back. We're setting an advantage here against the DC only recently, and I heard Tyber Zann's unit in space is making excellent progress against the Federation as well. But this is moreso why we shouldn't do something this drastic when we've just managed to turn the tide so precariously.

"And in terms of resources --- sure, the Dark Star Knights are expensive, and it was said that the costs of training and outfitting one Dark Star Knight can do the same for a brigade of normal soldiers...but you have to remember that at the same time, one Dark Star Knight has been worth a hundred-or-so of normal Federation or DC soldiers, and they're the partial reason why the Fandom were still so feared: The Dark Star Knights are the elite of the elite, or at least have a reputation as such --- their autonomy has something to do with that because it makes the Dark Star Knights unpredictable. Take that away, and the Federation and DC'll only become more encouraged knowing that a big part of what made the Fandom so dangerous has been dealt with internally --- and that's provided, of course, the Dark Star Knights let Aelfhere get away with it. And there's one thing Aelfhere forgot to take into account, apparently: like it or not, the Nova Prince is one of the very founders of the Fandom war machine, a big part of our research and development, and we don't even know how powerful he really is. It's going to have dire consequences to try to uproot him."

Kalen paused.

"That's provided the Prince lets Aelfhere get away with what he's trying. He won't. He's not stupid. The Prince knows that while Aelfhere's on Earth, he's deep-rooted in space where the Fandom's homeworlds are. And somehow, the Nova Prince knows everything; So basically, what Aelfhere will have is a person who can cut Aelfhere and his loyalists off from the Fandom homeworlds at a moment's notice, has every advantage in space, and is so mysterious and powerful that nobody in the Fandom can rival him. And again...he's not stupid. The Nova Prince did not get to the position he's at by standing there and waiting to be killed; If Aelfhere tries anything, he'll know --- and if the Prince gets even the slightest idea that Aelfhere is trying to bring him to the guillotines or that his loyalty to the Fandom is even under suspicion, well, at best Aelfhere'll have a rebellion that he will never be prepared to deal with. Combine that with the Federation or DC taking the offensive back while we're fighting this rebellion from the Dark Star Knights...it'll be the end of the Fandom for good."

"Aelfhere wants to dig his own grave, fine with me --- but to impose his ego by taking the Fandom down with him? I won't let him do that."

As Kalen then glanced around for a reaction to his explanation...he was greeted by everyone at the table staring blankly at him for some unfathomable reason. Kalen blinked, shrugging derisively. "What?"

"Man, we asked you for your opinion..." The MP answered, scratching his head. "...Not a lecture, dude!"

Kalen sighed at that.

"Bite me."
Kylern

-Kylern-

Nobody stopped him as he ran through and even the distance to the Belphagor didn't seem to affect the Sgt. as adrenaline pumped through his veins. "Please work, oh please work!" And with that he grabbed the cord and tried to get up to the top so he could sit in the cockpit.

Well he wasn't the only one at the gundam and several mechanics were busy working on it. When the pilot showed up in a hurry they were rather confused. "You know that we are busy right? This machine is currently unable to sortie so if you could please wait until we are done?" The Head Mechanic was being polite but was rather irritated cause pilots always assumed they could do whatever they wanted with the machines they piloted. Nobody ever gave thought to the work that had to be done to keep these things running.

"Sorry man, I'm just using the cockpit nothing else. So don't worry, I won't bother you." Kylern had already planted himself into the seat and dropped it down into the cockpit below. Flipping the controls on he plugged the OS data card into its slot. He just needed to activate the Flash System and then align it with the V-Crystal with hopes he could track the psionic signature Rena's pendant gave off.

"Lets see, I press this button and then this on..." He sounded like this was his first time playing with the controls as he fumbled to find the correct button. Finally the center screen flashed these words -[FLASH SYSTEM ACTIVE]-.

The Belphagor's eyes lit up and emitted a surge of psychic energy as it aligned its wavelength with the V-Crystal. Once it all focused back inward, the energy shot out seeking the other half of the pendant and its destination. Rena's position would show up on the map pretty soon just like in sonar.

-Goldsburg-

The egocentric doctor had the parts gathered up and took them into his lab in order to start working. He would also make a point to copy any information currently held in the cyborgs mind for future processing.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wedge14

Aelfhere nodded at his calmer counterpart.

"I shall take part of my battallion into space and assist our friend Zann. I shall leave three quarters of my battalion with Raven here on earth."

Aelfhere smirked, "Like gods we shall bring our wrath down on this wretched planet from the heavens." He turned on his heels and briskly left the room his metallic boots clicking loudly against the floor.

Strike Zero

- Strike, Stellar -

"Strike, Stellar, Gai: meet Maya Nightwizard --- but I believe you all better know of her as the one known as 'Black Mage'," Morpheus said.

“Oh, I see. Hello,” Strike replied simply, nodding a greeting at the young woman. He then turned to the Light Warrior‘s CO. “Listen Morpheus, I hate to be the killer of better moods but things aren’t all well. You see, we had an encounter with the Reapers while they made their escape. They attacked us all at once and they… they…… they……”

His voice trailed off and he stared at Morpheus blankly for several moments. Then his entire body jerked as he whirled about and did a double-take.

“Waitasecondwhat-what-whaaaaaaaaaat?!

To say that he was shocked would be an understatement. Stellar appeared equally surprised. With bulging eyes, Strike studied the woman that was Maya Nightwizard more carefully from head to toe. She had long, shimmering blonde hair, some of which was done up in two arcing ponytails at either side of her head, red eyes, and a form-fitting bodysuit that revealed a slim yet solidly-built figure. She was covered with wounds, but her expression was that of the utmost calm as though she didn’t even know they were there, highly indicative of the reserved, disciplined personality one might find in a stoic soldier.

And this was supposed to be Black Mage?!

This is Black Mage?" Strike questioned, his voice rising with is disbelief. "That… but that’s insane! That’s impossible! I-I mean... Black Mage is Black Mage and this is… well… this is a hot chick! There’s absolutely no way Black Mage could be a hot chick, right? Right?!

He looked around at the faces around the room. None of them seemed to be offering some sort of support for his assertion as Strike would have hoped. Morpheus, in fact, seemed to be smugly smirking. Even Stellar offered him no encouragement, merely inwardly face-palming again in the face of another one of his flamboyant outbursts.

“This… this is for real, then?” Strike finished, eyes still gaping wide. He looked once more at the slender young woman. “I… that is… just…… wow.”

Dead silence. Then Strike began chuckling nervously as he attempted to regain his composure. “Eh, heh heh… so…” he said, taking a step towards Maya. “You’re... you're Black Mage, huh? What did he say your name was? Maya? Uh... sorry about that ‘hot chick’ thing. I certainly didn't mean anything by it, nope. Ah! N-not that you're not hot, mind you! J-just don't take it the wrong way -- I'm not trying to hit on you or anything! I'm not the kind of guy who'd do something like that, no way, ah ha ha ha ha ha... ahhh... you're not gonna stab me, are you? Please don't stab me! 'Cause, I know how much you like the whole stabbing thing, but I would really appreciate if you didn't stab me..."

- Elya -

As soon as Elya felt Masamune's warming presence at her side, as he spoke to her his ever-encouraging words, everything suddenly felt better. The fear and cold shock slipped away, replaced quickly with a kind of calm, and Elya looked up at the young man, momentarily becoming lost in his gaze. For a while, she felt like she didn't want to leave, instead thinking of remaining there on the floor. She felt that all she wanted to do was to stay there with him; he who could fill her with so much warmth and confidence, who made everything, when she was with him, feel absolutely alright. There was no way to put into words how good it made her feel, and Elya didn't want it to end.

But, after a long pause, Elya reached out and took Masamune's outstretched hand, rose to her feet, and smiled back at him. Her entire appearance seemed to glow at that, even with her tattered clothes and hair (which was revealed to be quite long, dropping all the way down to the middle of her back now that it had been let down). All the while her gentle eyes never left his.

"I'm okay. Let's go," she said.
hellbore

- Sara/Jacob -

The conversation with Strike had left both pilots a little unsettled. The Cerberus hadn't moved since Stike walked away.

"Come on, we'd better get back to" said Jacob, breaking the silence.

"Right" replied Sara, and the Cerberus rocked into motion,quickly making its way to the hanger near the barracks.

Rather than use the wire to exit, the pilots waited until the gantry had been position around the Cerberus and exited that way, climbing down to ground level.

It was then that they saw the damage inflicted by the Reapers. Several Crusader soldiers were carrying out bodies on stretchers, all covered by cloth, the large stains of blood showing that they had been killed quite violently.

"Was this... the Reapers?" Sara asked hesitantly, horrified by the scene.

"I guess so," said Jacob, "but so many?" He looked around the hanger, noticing that none of the soldiers carrying the bodies looked up from their task, and the mechanics in the hanger only gave passing glances. "Come on," he repeated to Sara, "I want to know more and I think I know who to ask."

Sara merely nodded and followed Jacob as he headed into the barracks. The man he was looking for always seemed to have the answers, and that man was Moepheus.