TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Re: TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

Sume Gai/Midori Ashita

Gai could only stare wide-eyed at Midori, who looked rather proud, for a few moments before Zaine spoke up again.

"Yeah, What was that for?"

"well He... uh... lied to me earlier besides I figured he'd remember that better than a slap."

Gai rolled his eyes. "and that was still dangerous."

"I held back.." Midori's Pride vanished as she looked down and began touching her pointer fingers together. "Besides he's not hurt... much"

Gai responded with a look filled with resignation. Then began to turn his attention back towards Zaine. His eyes stopped in mid turn as he saw that fake G-Stone which had mysteriously appeared in Zaine's hand, or so he'd been told.

He could use that. Stepping towards it, Gai bent over. When he stood he raised the green stone the Flat top facing outwards. the square G shown brightly as he held it out towards Zaine.

"I'm certain there's a good reason that this is in your possession, but, you aren't going to be able to do anything with it if you just run away and sulk!"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

He was halfway to his feet when Gai reached for and held up the Green Stone...

"I'm certain there's a good reason that this is in your possession, but, you aren't going to be able to do anything with it if you just run away and sulk!" The words made him shudder, though he knew Gai had a point...

Zaine quietly got up and walked over to Gai, then took the G-Stone from him, and brought his gaze down to the gem resting in his hand.

For a few moments, the boy was silent, but then he spoke. "...You're right..." Zaine then raised his head and spoke again. "I'm sorry for that Gai... though I wish you had just slugged me." Though his doubts were still there, Gai had exstinguished enough to allow Zaine to fight again.

"But... I'll need a bit before I can answer you properly. Is that okay with you?"

-Lucia Kamiya-

She then walked off towards her equipment and Striker Unit. After a moment, she was already prepared for the battle.

-Excalibur Bridge-

"Huh? There's a message from someone named 'Brigadier General Livingstone'... Something about a Federation assault on Aidoneus Island... And we've been asked to help out..." The COM Officer said.

Acting Captain: "Commander Ramius gave us direct orders to ignore any messages containing orders for the next three days... remember?"

COM Officer: "Oh..."

The COM Officer sent a reply telling Livingstone that the captain had suffered a personal loss recently and won't be able to help in the battle... though that would likely prove to be a bad choice.
legacygundam

-Kyle-

Inside the cockpit of his Huckebein, Kyle continued his work, his simulation battle against the Belphagor playing in front of him. His eyes glowed with every flash, his mind remembering every move and planning out a different one in its place. The Belphagor was strong, but Kyle would learn to beat it.....someday.

Hearing noise, he looked up from his screen to see the Saviour's pilot, Rena he believed her name was, running from the direction he had been in before. He had noticed her talking to Kylern before he left, was it him that made her cry? Not understanding the situation, Kyle kept watching, then turned back to his screen and further studying.
Cybaster

-Camilla-

There it is, Camilla thought with a derisive frown as her Sisquiede Custom flew in the sky, the base unit surfing on its Interceptor Shield as it soared nimbly into the air, towards the Excalibur in the distance. Camilla leaned forward in anticipation; The sooner she was done here and attacking Aidoneus Island, the better, and she shouldn't even need to land --- but why they chose to have her be a messenger girl was beyond Camilla Greye altogether when they simply could've gotten someone else nearby to do it...then again, Camilla shook her head and shuddered, it beat the alternative. If Iron Mask --- who her Master said had business 'elsewhere' --- was sent here, he'd probably sink the Excalibur instead and be done with it, unsociable as he was.

This should be close enough.

As Camilla turned and strafed right towards the ship's starboard side, Camilla pressed a few buttons rapidly and brought up a comm channel. "Excalibur, this is Major Camilla Greye of the Strategic Naval Research Institute. I must speak with your Captain at once regarding new orders --- and if you're smart, you'll take this call..."
Last edited by Cybaster on Thu May 21, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai nodded. At the least, Zaine seemed to be reconsidering and that was a victory in itself.

"well then until you do give me an answer I'll hold onto this." Gai retracted the G-stone even against its "protests". His intent was partly to give Zaine more incentive to make his decision though he didn't know if Zaine attached any worth to the G-Stone. Gai turned.

"If you truly feel powerless then don't forget: You aren't alone." Gai began to walk away slowly his footsteps echoing stoically. In addition it seemed that during their exchange Midori had excused herself with surprising stealthiness considering her usual self.

Tallis Stenner

"Oh Kizu..."

His words made her again regret her weakness; who knew for how long he might be gone and he might never be the same again. While she did want to heed his warnings, she couldn't. She was compelled to keep fighting, her false memories and the nanomachines saw to that, and no matter what he said she would trust Lady Kayla. After all Tallis "owed' her so much. Debts beyond repayment. Tallis folded the letter and tucked it in her breast pocket, close to her heart, where it would stay. She returned to the Cattleya's hanger hoping to at least catch a glimpse of Lady Kayla since Tallis hadn't actually seen her once since landing.

-Clare Rosewater-
((OOC: cyb I'm gonna have her stick with Camilla for at least this fight if that's alright If not I'll just delete this part.))

Clare was again moving, this time the small transport bearing her, the tech in charge amd the type TT was headed southwards. Clare spat at their destination; the same place where she'd been stripped of her honor and rights as a human, the Andes Base. any objections beyond that were restrained by the powerful shocks.

The shuttle neared the Base and received landing permission. the Lab tech was supposed to meet someone here. a woman whom he would entrust with "Subject 01's Control Device" he was glad to finally get the chance to return to his real work once that had been done.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

hellbore

- Aidoneous Island -
- Medical Ward -

Jacob was resting up after his physical therapy session when, he noticed the doctor come out of Sara's room. He heaved himself up and wobbled over to her.

"Is everything alright, doctor?" he asked, concerned.

No, no. Everything is fine. Lieutenant Klein is fully recovered, so we've just taken her off the medication. She should be awake in a few minutes."

"Thank you, doctor" he said. The doctor smiled sweetly and held the door open to allow Jacob in.

Taking a seat in the soft chair beside the bed Jacob looked over Sara as she slept. She looked more peaceful than he could remember ever seeing her. Soon, she stirred and slowly woke up, looking around the room slowly before focussing on Jacob. "Jacob... what... where... AH Jacob, are you..." Suddenly she was siting up, fully awake.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He held up his right arm and grinned. "Well, sorta."

"Oh Jacob. I'm so sorry. If it wasn't for me... I... I..."

"Shh, never mind that now. I'm healing up, your fully recovered. It's all OK."

Sara calmed down and looked at Jacob. Her face suddenly lit up and she said, quite excitedly, Oh, I didn't tell you. The Cerberus is fully repaired and operational!"

"Really! Heh, it's to bad that I'm still not up to piloting yet. This new arm is still giving me trouble."

Sara smiled and Jacobs self effacing humour. When thay first met, he would have been mortified to have to display such an arm.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

Zaine watched as Gai took the G-Stone then slowly walked off... Then came the words he wasn't expecting...

'Gai... I was such an idiot... Gai was suffering as well, and here I was drowning in my grief when I should have stayed strong...' He lowered his head then. 'But I still need to sort out what doubt is left before I can answer you Gai...'

Zaine turned and slowly walked towards the Exia, only then nticing Midori was about to step on something. "Hm? Miss Midori, you might want to check the floor..."

-Excalibur Bridge-

"Huh? C-Camilla Greye?!" The COM Officer said, seemingly surprised as to who was on the other end of the line...

"J-Just a moment... I'll have Commander Ramius come up here..."

In a few moments Luna was on the bridge, with a half-depressed, half-annoyed look. She then focused her attention on thw SNRI Pilot who contacted her.

"What is it?" Luna asked stoically.
Sume Gai

-Midori Ashita-

"Eh?"

Midori stopped mid-step, Registering what Zaine had said she looked down to see an upside down photograph on the floor in front of her. The tug of curiosity it persented overpowered her desire for a quick and quiet getaway. Leaning over she lifted and turned it to reveal the image of two children. They looked very much alike save for their gender and in fact the boy looked very familiar his Black hair and green eyes matching those of the boy in front of her. Gingerly holding the picture out to him Midori asked.

"Is this yours?"

Strike Zero

- Kayla -

"My, my. When you fail, you certainly do so spectacularly."

Zephyr's expression was neutral, but his tone was laced with naught but amusement and contempt. Kayla had opted to contact him via the satellite relay using his encrypted channel rather than speaking to him telepathically like normal, so as to avoid the unnerving feeling of him dredging about her mind. This face-to-face confrontation, however, had not proving to be any less infuriating so far.

"I have not failed..." Kayla glowered, her voice trembling fury.

"Oh? Then what would you call it? I've seen the auto-damage assessments of the Cattleya -- the Breaker field is no longer functional thanks to that little stunt of yours. All of your remote weapons have either been destroyed or so badly damaged that it is now be cheaper to simply replace them. On top of all this, nearly sixty percent of the armor plating will need to be refurbished and refitted. Quite frankly... there was really nothing else you could have done to my beautiful creation other than destroying it outright."

Kayla's hand squeezed into a fist.

"Perhaps I've misjudged you, Kayla," Zephyr continued. "I believed that your drive for revenge against the Gundams would be enough to allow you to overcome them. However, this has certainly not been the case, in every instance thus far. Perhaps I am simply overrating what you are capable of?"

"I will beat them," Kayla growled. "I will kill them all. You can be certain of that."

Zephyr's expression took on but a hint of woe. "Sadly, I do not believe that I can any longer. The results of your performance thus far simply do not allow it. At this point, you more closely resemble a liability to me rather than an asset."

Kayla huffed out a chuckle. "So what if I am? It's not as if you can afford to lose me. I'm your precious little pet project, remember? The pride and culmination of all of your work. You've no choice but to let me keep fighting, you fool."

At this, the cloaked man chuckled in return. "How precious. You truly believe you are so unique, Kayla Ryder..."

Kayla's defiant look wavered slightly. "What...?"

Zephyr's look hardened. "Know this. I will grant you one more sortie, one last chance to prove your worth to me. Failure is no longer an option for you. You will deliver a decisive victory to me. Or, you will pay the price with your life. I'm certain I don't need to remind you how fragile that is at my hands."

Kayla only became more incensed. However, a hand unconsciously moved to her breast atop her heart.

"The replacement Funnels I am sending down to the Hawaii base will bear new weapons; perhaps the extra edge you need in order to turn the tide against your foes. In the meantime... I suggest you plan carefully for what you intend to do to achieve your victory... but be sure not to take too long."

At this, the feed promptly cut and Zephyr's face dissolved into static. Kayla stared into the flashing lights for about a minute before pushing away from the communications terminal and heading back towards the Cattleya's hanger. Her gaze remained on the floor as she walked, her features tainted with a dark glower.

As she entered the large structure, there she saw Tallis Stenner, waiting for her. For some reason, this only served to worsen her anger. Kayla's voice resembled a low growl as she spoke.

"What are you doing here?" she demanded.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

-Camilla-

After what the Excalibur had previously pulled, there was no reason for Camilla to have any other facial expression on the viewscreen aside from contempt --- the Sisquiede Custom continued soaring, circling around the Excalibur all the while.

"By the joint order of Brigadier General Steve Livingstone of SNRI and General Juan Santi of the EFF, Captain, you and your ship are hereby ordered to partake in an imminent attack on the DC's main headquarters on Aidoneus Island. The main attack force from SNRI and the supporting forces sent by the Federation are en route even as we speak; Therefore, you will begin heading there immediately. Time is of the essence, Captain."
Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

He glanced down at the picture Midori held up, and after a slight bit of embarrasment, grabbed the picture.

"y-Yeah it is... Thanks for picking it up..." Quietly, he slipped it back into his jacket pocket.

-Luna Ramius-

Luna had only one response. "And i'll be court-martialed if I don't, correct? Very well... I'll go... Send word to the pilots to be on standby, and inform them that the target is Aidoneus Island."

"Yes ma'am." The bridge Crew responded. After a few moments the Excalibur began to lift away from the base and head in the direction of the Divine Crusader's Heart.
Sume Gai

-Midori ashita-

Midori let Zaine have the picture without any fuss. As t disappeared into his pocket though she decided to ask a question.

"If you don't mind, could you tell me, who that girl is? Is she your sister or something?"

-Andes Base-

As the Excalibur departed Camillia Greye would receive a call from the Control Tower.

"Miss Greye, there is a package waiting for you on runway 3. You've been sked to retrieve it as soon as possible"

This "package" was the "Control Device" for Clare Rosewater and by extension Clare herself. Camillia was being given complete authority over Clare and the freedom to enforce it as she wished.

Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

"Um... Would you believe me if I told you that the girl was my twin sister?"

After taking a moment to calm down, Zaine then filled in the blanks. "Her name's Lucia... about eleven years ago, we discovered a special power of hers, but... this drew some bad attention to her, and nearly got her killed for it... then some strange woman came along and discussed it with my parents and then took Lucia... I haven't seen her since..."

Zaine lowered his head. "We managed to keep in touch through letters at least..."
Sume Gai

-Midori Ashita-

The pair had looked near identical in the photo so it was hardly a stretch to think that they were twins. Midori was interested in what he meant by "special power" but decided not to ask. She could tell he regretted the time apart from her.

"I see, I'm sure one day you'll see her again. Just keep going forward to tomorrow."

With that Midori began to leave hopefully for real this time.

Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

"Thanks Midori..." Zaine said as he quietly walked towards the Exia.

His mind freed from his suffering through reminiscing over his memories of the time he spent with his sister. After a few moments he reached his gundam and climbed into the cockpit.
Cybaster

-Camilla-

Clare Rosewater...Control Device?

Camilla only stared at the device in her hands blankly as she stood in the hanger deck after retrieving the package, having ripped through the 'packaging' with a dull impatience. What she heard was ludicrous, to say the least; A device to grant complete control over a Human? In all her years as a soldier --- heck, as a Munchkin --- she's never heard of such a thing, and all the Magic Items she came across that granted a Dominate or compulsion effect tended to have rather dismal Save DCs for their level, against most enemies worth a damn. A field mouse could resist it, even. And yet, Camilla blinked; She found herself unable to take her eyes off of it.

Perhaps it was because, Camilla surmised, that the rush of excitement she got from the device as she held it in her hand was one of possibility, just as Emily's Unicorn Gundam was; The Munchkins, her Master, had one such device in the form of the Unicorn, and since then it had been lost to them. If this device worked as they said it would, it had a world of possibilities attached to it --- and it was all in Camilla's fingers alone. To Dominate Clare Rosewater meant that she could use Clare as a subtle agent for her own means, or a Bazooka to use to solve a problem in the bloodiest, most efficient manner possible and then discarded without ceremony, if Camilla saw fit.

She could even use Clare to finally turn on her Master, as all Munchkins were eventually required to do to finally become Munchkin Masters in their own right. Camilla had been bound by the Munchkins' own Rule of Two: A Master to an Apprentice. It was inevitable that Camilla would have to try --- the question was whether or not Camilla could act before Iron Mask did and took the mantleship from her.

Camilla sighed, shaking her head derisively. If she was going to go about her own Sidequest, she might as well start now. Perhaps Clare might have some use after all...
Zangetsu

-Luna Ramius-

Luna had only one response. "And i'll be court-martialed if I don't, correct? Very well... I'll go... Send word to the pilots to be on standby, and inform them that the target is Aidoneus Island."
Zaraki heard the orders ring out in the hanger. He issued his own follow up orders over the entire ship. "You all heard the Captain. All pilots get to your suits and be ready for combat." After finishing and relaying his orders twice he awaited the rest of the pilots in the hangar ready to give them the battle plan once they arived.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Sume Gai

-Clare Rosewater-

It didn't matter. It didn't matter at all. Like the toy she was Clare was handed off to another unceremoniously but it didn't matter. As long as she could have her vengence she didn't care about being someone's toy.

"...and if Subject 01 proves defective; you have full authority to terminate it."

The Tech finished his explanation then, with a look of annoyance, took his leave. He personally didn't care what happened to Subject 01 so long as he didn't have to run around holding her "Control Device" any longer.

Tallis Stenner

She had never seen Lady Kayla like this before; never before had her angel been so filled with rage, much less directed at her. Tallis answered quickly.

"I'm sorry Lady Kayla, I merely wished to know that you were alright; I'm sorry to disturb you. I shall take my leave."

Looking downin what was almost a bow Tallis began backing away hoping to escape Kayla's wrath she was slowly moving towards the hall way which connected to the Angelg's resting place.

Strike Zero

- Kayla -

Kayla gazed upon Tallis with a glare as the young girl slowly made her retreat.

"I don't know why I ever bothered with you," she spat. "You accomplished nothing against them. Such a useless wench."

With a powerful leap, she cleared the entire height of the massive unit, landed on top, and disappeared into the cockpit hatch.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

"Lady Kayla?"

An ache echoed in her quiet response. By the time Tallis had said anything Kayla was long gone. Kayla's attitude was simply unprecedented; all at once she'd scolded and belittled Tallis as useless. If this wasn't enough these words had been uttered by the person Tallis admired more than anyone, someone who she would have given up her life for.

No physical pain could have hurt as much as those words, or so it seemed to Talllis. Tallis wasn't angry at or resentful of Kayla because she could feel the truth of those words. Tallis knew that no matter what she would never be as strong as Lady Kayla and she'd been of no help to anyone in the last fight, perhaps even a burden. Even so being called "useless" in so callous a manner...

"I'm... sorry..."

*drip* Tallis retreated from the hanger while hiding her face.