TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

Re: TARRRPG: Chapter 23: Gründe [Earth]

-Rena Lanford-

When she noticed Kylern was finished with his simulator battle, and approached her, Rena spoke sheepishly.

"U-um..." She blushed before continuing... "I... wanted to tell you something..."

Her heart started pounding then... She knew saying it was going to be difficult, but knew it might be best.

"I... l-l..." Then, much as Tallis had with Zaine, Rena voiced her feelings for Kylern louder than she intended to.

"I l-l... I LOVE YOU!"
Last edited by Omega on Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

Morpheus only nodded at that, although he knew that he could do nothing about the GaoGaiGar.

"It sounds like you already have a plan formed." Morpheus simply answered. "What're you thinking, Gai?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

It kind of surprised Gai that Morpheus would ask what he was planning, the man always seemed to know pretty much everything worth knowing. Well either way It wouldn't hurt to explain.

"If by that you mean how I plan to deal with the nanomachines then It's an ability I gained when I became an Evoluder. It's called "Purification"; the original use was to counter forced mechanization, I figure Nanomachines are close enough in concept that I should be able to remove them. I'm afriad I haven't had a chance to test it yet."

Gai paused for a moment. Morpheus question had been vague and perhaps meant more than the nanomachines themselves. Perhaps Morpheus had guessed that Gai had put a great deal of thought into the other part of the problem even if he had no specific solution yet.

"As for getting close enough to Tallis to do it, I already said I have no definite plans. That doesn't mean I haven't come up with anything though. As it is right now I see two general methods. The first is to forcibly capture her, which would be a lot easier if I had Hell and Heaven. The second is to try to get her to break free by forcing her to remember things; a temporary solution if the nanomchines aren't dealt with. The latter would probably be best since she's less likely to get hurt but the former may be more reliable."
Last edited by Sume Gai on Tue May 19, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Lucia Kamiya-

Surprisingly, Lucia found herself dreaming while laying in bed. However... the dream wasn't a pleasant one...

Two mecha were battling fiercely in the dream... one engulfed in a blood red aura with red particles streaming from it's back and missing an arm, and a black and silver mech... Things weren't looking good for the wounded mech.

As the battle continued the Black and Silver mech seemed to be gradually weakening the wounded mech to a certain point. Then it raised it's bow, and leveled it with the wounded mech. after a few moments, a phoenix raced towards the GN Mech, and it made no effort to dodge or counterattack...

The frightening part came, when she heard something from the wounded mech that sent a chill down her spine... the pilot quietly said the names of two people, the first Lucia could barely hear... but the second she heard as though it were spoken loud and clear... "B... Brother?" Then the phoenix collided with it's target, utterly destroying it.

"BROTHER!!!!"

Lucia snapped awake then in a cold sweat, her heart pounding in fright. It took a moment for Lucia to recompose herself. "The... medical bay? That's right... I passed out..." Recalling what happened earlier. 'That dream... was it... telling me my brother's fate?'
Kylern

-Kylern-

He had honestly been taken aback... He had expecting this by the way she tried to spit it out but it still hit hard no matter what. So naturally he stepped back slightly at those words which strike fear, confusion, and other crazy emotions that guys have trouble dealing with.

"Well..." He had no idea how to react except to be stunned which the wide open eyes and slightly opened mouth would show. What was he suppose to do? Mentally he had to fight between returning the emotion or rejecting it. Not that he didn't like Rena but she was from a different world than he was and he honestly wanted to go home when this was done. Hard to do that when you had someone here to take care of... He didn't know and he didn't want to hurt the poor girl either way.

"I really care about you... but we are from two different worlds and I'm dangerous. I don't want to drag you into something that could get you hurt like in the TEMJIN Incident again. Your beautiful, smart, and talented... and your too good for someone like me." It was the best he could do to put all the pain onto him and not on her. Last thing he wanted was to hurt her...
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
SNT1

Re: Chapter 22:-455 Fahrenheit [Space]

--Duskraiders--
--Rachel and Taylor--

Taylor glances at her watch. It was around 8 PM already. Dusk. The new Lt. Colonel and the Major acting MS commander had spent more time together in the briefing room of the ship, mapping out their course of attack for the battle and then their next move after that.

They've gotten word of the SNRI fleet already on the move down to earth, and thus started to call on other members. Every member of the team is to report their units inside the ship already.

Rachel goes out to specifically fetch their non-official allies. "Hey you two, come, we gotta go!" She calls Slug and Johann, who's just sitting down near some ZetaPlus as they watched the crew working around.

They would already see the Fafnir lighting up and primed to leave any moment.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
sephiroth00055

They've gotten word of the SNRI fleet already on the move down to earth, and thus started to call on other members. Every member of the team is to report their units inside the ship already.
Sol heard the orders from his quarters aboard the Fafnir and immediately headed back to the hangar. "Yo, tech is it ready yet?" Sol asked as he aproached the Hyperion.

"Not completly sir." replied the tech.

"Cockpit complete?" Sol asked.

"Yes sir!" the tech said.

"Good. Just make sure the Hyperion is ready to go once we reach the battlefield." Sol told thetech as he headed to the Hyperion's cockpit.
Omega

-Rena Lanford-

When she saw him step back some, she was worried she was going to get rejected, and his next statement confirmed it.

When he brought to light the monkey wrench that would screw up a relationship between the two of them, Rena felt her heart sink.

"Kylern... you... were the first person to make me feel this way... you're... you're my first..." However, something told her it was pointless to try and continue. She walked out of the room, and before running off towards the hangar, she uttered two simple words.

"I'm... sorry..." after that, she ran off, and about halfway there, broke into tears, then after she reached her destination, she climbed into the Saviour's repaired cockpit, and wept.
Kylern

-Kylern-

There is was, exactly what he didn't want to see... He watched her expression change and knew that tears were next. This wasn't the first time he had rejected someone and it wasn't getting easier, but it was for the best of both of them. He didn't want to admit it but there was still someone on the other side he wanted to see again.

So as she ran away, probably crying, he felt like a heel but was still convinced it was for the best. He gathered himself and headed out of the room not sure what to do anymore. He had made a poor little girl cry and he felt like a jerk because of it. But then again it was better to do this than to get her physically hurt later on.
Strike Zero

- Strike -

There was a slight commotion, and Strike peered over the Delta Gundam to observe Rena disappearing into her own Gundam.

Now he felt bad for the girl. He had just encouraged her to act upon her feelings, after all. If he had known that it was Kylern of all people she was interested in, his advice probably would have been a little different, because knowing that guy...

"Ah, well..." Strike lamented. "Better luck next time..."

- Jo -

Jo stretched and let out a low whining noise as she strode through the door to the communication lounge. She was just about to start for the hanger bay when she was stopped by an unusual sight: young Jessie Hunter, with an expression that was unlike the drowsy look she normally wore. In fact, Jo noted that the expression he wore now instead seemed to be bordering on irritation. Now, what could this be about?

The older woman smiled. "How may I help you, dear?"

Jessie hesitated at first, realizing that she didn't have an immediate answer to the question. What did she want to say to this woman? "That girl... Lucia..."

"Yes?"

Another pause. "Why... did you have her join the military...?"

A frown crossed Jo's face. "Why? That should be obvious, my dear. Her potential to become a Witch was fantastic -- I could sense that from the moment I laid eyes on her. It would be an utter shame not to see those abilities come to fruition in some manner. So I had her brought here."

Jessie lowered her gaze. "I see..."

Jo tilted her head to the left. "Is something the matter? You seem a bit bothered. Something didn't happen, now did it?"

The young blonde took in a breath. "Are you not... concerned for them at all...?"

"Hm?"

"Can't you see...? Everything that's happening, everything you've done... can't you see how much danger they're being put in...?"

Jo folded her arms across her chest. "But of course. This is a military program, after all. Naturally, there are risks to their lives with every test and exercise they perform. I am well aware of the risks, as are they, but work cannot stop simply because of that."

"Are they...?" Jessie demanded. "Are they really...? Do they really understand that they chance their lives every time they step out that door...?"

At this, Jo simply shrugged. "Well, who's to say? But regardless of whether they understand it or not, they are here," Jo countered. "And that's all that truly matters, Jessie. They are here training and fighting with all of their might. They fly how I tell them, they train how I direct them, and what's more, they enjoy it. Tell me... have you heard one single word of displeasure or objection from them since you've arrived on this plane? Have you not seen their eagerness for every opportunity to take to the skies, weapons in hand?"

"They don't know any better...!" Jessie half-exploded. "They're so young... how could they...? How could they understand what it really means to fly and fight...? They may not dislike what they do... but they don't understand it either..." Her fist clenched. "Rosy... Lily... Lucia... they don't even know what they're fighting for... How could they possibly understand what it means to kill...? To die...?"

"They understand that I depend on them. Without them, everything you see here would be all for nothing. And at the same time, they need me. Where would they be now if I hadn't taken them in with their powers? Orphanages? Or perhaps in some government institution? Certainly those are not places for them to flourish as they have here. This is where they belong, and I think you'll agree with me once you've calmed yourself and had a chance to think." A small appeared at the corner of Jo's lips. "Besides... you yourself are not that much older than my girls. You're barely past twenty. Are you saying that you understand what it means to fight and die at your age?"

Jessie bit her lip. "That's..."

"Though, I suppose it should come as no surprise," Jo continued. "I've studied your file, you know. I must say, I was a rather interesting read. You most certainly know full well what dying and killing all about considering that incident in Bastogne--"

"Don't say it!"

Jo was taken aback. In the split of a second, Jessie's demeanor had shifted drastically The young woman had actually taken a step forward as though she threatened to grapple with the director, her eyes alight with some sort of indiscernible fire. It gave Jo pause, for she had never seen the normally lethargic woman in such a state before. But, her composure quickly returned along with her slight smile.

"I apologize. I suppose that was uncalled for."

Jessie seemed to relax somewhat.

"Please... let us not argue. I still require your assistance for the time being. Do me a favor: gather up Rosy and Lily, and Lucia if she's awakened. We're going to have ourselves a little staff meeting."

In a few minutes time, all the girls had been assembled in the Artemis' primary hanger bay.

"I have an important announcement to make, girls," Jo declared. "In a few hours time, we the Strike Witches are going to be departing in an important mission against the--"

"MISSION?!"

The sound of Rosy's gleeful exclamation echoed off the hanger walls several times. Jo beamed in response. "That's right, my dear. Word has traveled to me down the grape vine that a large number of our forces are on the move. From the little snippets of information I have been able to gather, they are mobilizing in an operation against the DC; an attack on Aidoneus Island."

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Are we going to help them? Are we going to help them?" Rosy asked as she jumped up and down in place.

"That's right. However, the objective I'm giving you isn't so simple as to fight. No, instead you're being sent on a recovery operation."

"Recovery operation? What are we recovering?"

Jo smiled and produced a photograph from her jacket pocket. "This here."

Rosy snatched the photo and examined it. A confused look came over her features. "We're recovering an elf?"

"Though she may appear it, she is no elf. Her name is Rena Lanford, and she is in fact just the same as you three are. She used to be a member of the Federation and I have always intended for her to become one of us, but she left our ranks and I unfortunately lost track of her before that could happen. However, recent reports indicate that she found her way to the Aidoneus island where she's become a member of the notorious Gundam team."

Rosy smiled. "Ooooh, I get it. So, you want us to get her to join, right?"

"Correct. As our main forces engage the DC proper, you will take advantage of the confusion and use the opportunity to locate her. Rest assured, if she's taken a liking to her new comrades, then bringing her back certainly won't be an easy task. I still want you to first try to talk her into it. Explain how much better for her it will be if she were to come with us. However, if that fails, I'm authorizing you to then use any means you deem necessarily to see to it that she is brought here. Do you understand?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Rosy said, snapping to a salute. At her side, Lily gave a similar gesture. "But, wait... how are we supposed to find her? If there's gonna be a big battle, it's gonna be one heck of a furball."

"You need not worry -- Rena will be nearly impossible to miss. She is reportedly using a stolen Savior Gundam in battle. A winged red Gundam that transforms into a fighter craft. It is reportedly very vast and well armed."

"Hah! Nobody is faster than me! We'll get her for sure, right Lucia?"

"Ah, yes," Jo said, turning to and addressing the dark-haired girl for the first time. "Though I feel you can do it, I must ask for your own discretion; have you recovered enough, Lucia? If you're not up for it, just say so and I'll have Lily and Rosy handle the mission themselves."

Jessie, meanwhile, gazed at director with a hard, wary look.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Lucia Kamiya-

"I don't know about you being faster, but yeah we'll get her." Lucia said in response to Rosy's little statement.

"Don't worry about me... I have my own reasons for wanting to go out there." Lucia then produced a letter and held it out to Jo. "It's the same reason I wanted to try my attack again. In particular, there's a person mentioned in that letter that has me curious... 'Sume Gai'." Lucia's voice seemed determined as she spoke though a pause before her next statement.

"However, I won't be using that dragon unless I really have to."
Kylern

-Kylern-

Not sure where Rena ran off to he found himself heading to check up on the Belphagor and see if the flight problem had been fixed. He wasn't in a fun mood and everyone could see the depression that etched all over his face. He didn't like making girl cry and Rena was still stuck on his mind...

He crossed Strike Zero's path and gave him a small nod to acknowledge him before arriving at the Gundam he piloted. "So figured out a solution to my problem yet?"

Someone looked down at him and waved. "Looks like the OS has unlocked a new feature. Seems your Gundam could fly all along (Cyb said it could in G Generation) and its just now been unlocked by GUILTY."

Kylern just smiled somewhat happier. His machine continued to suprirse him...

-Nowe-

Nowe also was looking to do something to the machine he had inherited. This included finding the original crew that serviced this thing and getting them to customize it for him. He felt as if a plain Ahead wasn't good enough for his skill and knew what he wanted.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"well if there's nothing else you need to know, I'll be heading back to the Valhalla. If you need anything you know where to find me."

He saluted quickly before turning to leave He had something else he needed to do t the moment anyway. He had to deal with Zaine; after all, if there was anyone else who could help rescue Tallis it would be Zaine.

It didn't take long to reach the Valhalla and hopefully it wouldn't take much time to find Zaine. Gai just hoped he'd be willing to listen
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Strike Zero

- Jo -

It was an interesting development to say the least. But, if her brother was indeed alive, it would be a just explanation for the new surge of confidence that had allowed Lucia to push her abilities over the edge. It also presented somewhat of a problem; while Zaine Kamiya was alive, it would seem that he was also now a member of the DC and presently on Aidoneus island of all places. This did not bode well.

"I see... so you wish to see your brother then..." Jo mused out loud. "Well, far be it from me to keep you from catching up. Just remember that the mission comes first; I can't very well have you jeopardizing it for the sake of a family matter."

"If there are no other questions, then you all best start getting ready. The mission is due to start in about one hour." Jo made a sweeping gesture with her arm. "Prepare yourselves, girls... for this is going to be our grand debut into the majestic realm of notoriety!"

What does she mean 'debut'? Jessie wondered woefully.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

Gai would likely find his quarry near the Exia, clearly distressed over the order to kill Tallis... However, Zaine noticed Gai first, and quickly went to catch him...

"Gai!" Zaine called out to get his attention. "... Is it... true that you've been... ordered to kill Tallis?"

-Lucia Kamiya-

"I promise Miss Jo, I won't let it interfere with the mission." Lucia then gave a salute.
Inwardly though, Lucia was praying she found Zaine before Rena showed herself.

'Brother... I need to know... Why did you join those rebels?'
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"Maybe but it doesn't matter, even if they have I'm not going to." Perhaps Gai was being a bit direct with his 'insubordination' "And if some tries to order you to refer them to me or, if I'm not around, Morpheus."

Zaine had indirectly broached the subject Gai wished to discuss making this conversation a little easier. Gai Struck directly at the primary issue.

"but more importantly, I need to know. Will you help me save her; even if that involves fighting against her?"

-The Twins-

they had not even left the ship and were clearly ready to fight at a moments call. After all what was the use of a gun which didn't fire when the trigger is pulled.

Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

Zaine was a good deal relieved when Gai said he didn't intend to follow that order... but that relief was quite quickly replaced with shock at Gai's next question.

To be honest, Zaine knew he couldn't fight Tallis even if he tried, but he also knew it had to be done to save her... The young pilot showed his honesty, but it also showed his confusion.

"Gai... I'm not sure if i'll be able to..." Zaine then clenched his fist. "Especially after Wan... showed me how powerless I was... that I... couldn't protect anyone..." Much to his dismay, some painful memories came back then... memories that he thought he put behind him.
Last edited by Omega on Wed May 20, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SNT1

--Duskraiders--

"Fafnir, cleared to leave!"

"Roger!"

And so, the Duskraiders are once again on a epic trip across the massive hellhole also known as the Pacific Ocean. All the suits were docked up and ready to go. Nine units in total, plus the secured GN drive. All equipped and ready to go.

Only Rachel gets to use a new toy; with Antonio's advances in flash technology he says only the strongest newtypes will be able to figure out who's Rachel and who's the bit, and even then, Antonio's phrase 'like being two Rachels in battle' once she uses the new Flash to its potential, it may not even matter.

Everyone else, however, remains with their current trusty weapons.

Slug and Johann wasn't bothered by the SNRI particulars; they're paid to shoot. This, the Ex-S and the Strike E isn't bothered by anything.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

His face was unreadable.

"Zaine..." His voice flowed with disappointment. "...That kind of attitude won't solve anything. Forgive me, but..." Gai stepped forward. His Arm rose ready to slap some sense into the boy.

"HOLD IT!!!"

Gai stopped in his tracks turning his head towards the source of the cry. Over to the side, running towards them with a determined look on her face, was the girl in white and green, Midori. Gai didn't even get the chance to object as with a step and a jump Midori was sailing through the air in a sideways flying kick. Her left foot extended outwards and headed straight for Zaine's Chest.

Omega

-Zaine Kamiya-

He seemed ready to accept whatever Gai was going to do, however, Zaine was completely unprepared for Midori's suprise attack. As such, When her kick connected with his chest, he flew backwards a bit and something fell out of his pocket.

He landed a short distance away from the G-Stone resting on the floor.

"Ngh... What... the heck was that for Miss Midori?"