Chapter 22:-455 Fahrenheit [Space]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

Chapter 22:-455 Fahrenheit [Space]

Aka 2.725k
Some guy wrote: so sue me I named wan's KMF team ofter cold stuff
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

Re: Chapter 22:-455 Fahrenheit [Space]

-Hendor Snow-

Hendor returned to the Macht again heading around since the Fandom Force might still have have some kind of trick up its sleeve. All the while irritation built over the revelation's he'd just been fed.

When he finally landed he was looking for something to help him blow off his agitation. He dismissed the angered mechanic who tried to lecture him bout the loss of the Gun Rapier. Instead he set his sights on that Gundam punk. Floating towards him Hendor called out.

"HEY BOY!"

-Kellen Cypher-

"so what are we gonna do?"

Kellen remained between the arguing pilots addressing her superior.

"Are we going to float around here and do nothing? Are we going to throw ourselves against the much larger Fandom or Federation? or shall we go to the DC?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
hellbore

- Hellbore -

Floating near the head of the Freedom, Hellbore was talking excitedly with a mechanic about the performance of the upgraded unit.

"HEY BOY!"

Turning his head he saw the guy from before flying up from the hanger floor. waving away the mechanic he called back,

"Hm? You need something?"
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Wedge14

-Fandom R&D Colony-
-Wissen-

Wedge's life had been hectic, while the rest of his allies were preparing for battle, he was boarded onto a shuttle and shot up into space. Some of the brass thought it was inappropriate to keep him around. People were fired up after the loss of Charles Gordon, and if they knew it was Fourteen who did they might take their anger out on him instead of their true enemies.

And he was just starting to tan too.

Wedge stood in the ol' hangar, back where he, Nash and Gremio used to bother old Von Hawker. Wedge had actually passed the man 6 times today and Von Hawker didn't even acknowledge him. Gave him some wierd cockeyed 'Who the hell are you?" look.

Crap, Hawaii made this colony feel like a prison.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

-Hendor Snow-

Hendor's eyes narrowed a perceived slight in Hellbore's disinterested attitude.

"Yeah I want something. I want to tell you I saw how you fought; You're sloppy and, to make things worse, You rely too much on your machine's abilities. Nothing but a punk with a shiny suit."

It was almost as if Hendor Was trying to start a fight, which indeed he might be. Even so Hendor wasn't just puffing hot air, he actually believed what he was saying.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

hellbore

- Hellbore -

"Oh, I see. Thanks for the advice old man."

Hellbore sarcastic tone showed his complete dismissal of the older pilot. He had never taken well to criticism and this would be no exception. He could feel Hendor's anger, and knew he was provoking him, but didn't care.

Hellbore turned his back to Snow and made a show of busying himself around the cockpit hatch, still aware of the man's movement, in case he tried something.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Cybaster

Papua-class Resupply Ship Andrea Gail, Side 1 Airspace

Captain Raymond Degaulle, an aging, veteran officer in his mid-40s with a towering frame, blue sardonic-looking eyes and a brown stubble around his chin, was not afraid to admit it: He absolutely hated the Andrea Gail. Whatever possessed the Fandom higher-ups to name this particular vessel after a derelict, rundown fishing boat --- one sunk in a storm, no less --- was completely beyond Degaulle, and worse: this particular Papua was easily just as derelict as the original Andrea Gail was, being one of the oldest frontline resupply ships in the Fandom Space Fleet. Sitting down in the captain's chair, Degaulle grumbled to himself, rubbing his chin in disgust; He might as well have scuttled this boat himself, from the rate things were going.

And yet, it was the same thing, day after day, boat after boat. And today, he had the great 'honor' of gracing a Musai-class cruiser who had strayed away from a patrol after a Federation ambush and had wandered into Side 1, both the ship and its Mobile Suit complement of three GN-Xs (two now) effectively 'out of gas'. Degaulle sneered; Damnit, he was a veteran soldier, not a grease monkey, and if it was up to him this mission wouldn't even exist --- Back in the old days, this kind of stupidity would cause the ship to be left behind. But orders were orders.

"Resupp---come in please, I---resupply boat Andr---come in, please."

Soon enough, floating within a small debris field, said Musai was soon visible and looming in front of the Andrea Gail --- and, Degaulle grumbled as he floated up and towards the window in front of him, they didn't hesitate at all to start bossing him around. At this point, however, he'd simply opt to get this over with. "An' what th' 'ell's wit' their transmission?" Degaulle turned sharply to his comm officer, short on patience as always. "Can't ya clear it up?"

"It's on their end, sir," The young recruit that was the Andrea Gail's comm officer answered shrugging. "Nothing we can do."

The Andrea Gail slowed down, the Musai waiting in front of them. "Musai-class Indirena, this is Raymond Degaulle o' th' Andrea Gail," Degaulle growled as the comm officer signalled the a-okay for him to speak. "Can ya read me? What's wit' yer line?"

"Comms damaged..." Was the static-filled, sporadic reply. "Can't clear...say again? Are you...resupply us?"

"Yeah, yeah, get yer butts in gear, we're 'ere t' resupply ya." Degaulle replied shortly, taking a good look at the Musai; True to the ship's words, there were multiple scorch marks and holes at multiple sides of the Musai, one of its cannons were blown off, and its antennas at the side of the bridge were bent at an unholy angle. It was a miracle the Musai was still afloat at all. "Just open yer doors an' get ready."

"Say again? We can't hear...will try again..."

At that, Degaulle slapped his forehead --- damnit, he was in no mood for Broken Telephone games with anyone here. The sooner he was done, the sooner he could get going to a well-deserved shore leave, and that Musai was not going to stand in his way! Signalling for the helm to make his approach anyway with a twirl of his left arm and fingers above his shoulders, Degaulle slammed a fist at the window glass. The Musai began turning parallel towards the Musai. "Oh, no yer don't! We're comin' in, whether yer ready or not! Open yer doors right now!"

Soon, in its haste to be done, the Andrea Gail had lined up its tubes and doors with the hanger bay of the Musai, and Degaulle watched and waited as the doors opened, and conveyor belts began extending into the hanger, ready to take in the GN-Xs and refuel them first. As the process began, he floated back to his chair and sat down; For a moment, there was silence while the conveyors finished locking onto the Musai itself for the resupply. Seconds passed. Then minutes.

Silence.

"'ey, what's goin' on? Why aren't they movin' yet?" Degaulle finally started up again and, in a foul humor, stomped over to the side window, at where the Musai had docked with the Andrea Gail. This shouldn't be taking so long; It should be an in-and-out, and his crew should be done by now. As Degaulle then peered out the window, his eyes widened...and he suddenly had an annoyed, sickening feeling in his stomach as his fists clenched. This was not funny.

The Musai hadn't moved at all. It hadn't even brought its GN-Xs out.

"Comm officer, what's goin' on? Hail 'em again! Ask 'em what's keepin' their a**es!" Degaulle barked immediately, turning around and flinging his right arm violently in a wide arc. "This ain't funny, yer tell 'em! And see what's---"

"I've been doing that for the past few minutes, sir..." The comm officer's sudden nervous expression, however, stopped Degaulle cold.

"...They're not responding."

"What th' 'ell's goin' on 'ere---"

And that was all Degaulle got out as the bridge door behind him suddenly opened and, before Degaulle could do so much as run, a squadron of green-clad, heavily armored soldiers carrying heavy machineguns with both hands floated into the bridge and, with unnatural reflexes, spread out promptly in a professional air and pointed their guns at everyone on the bridge. Degaulle sneered as he raised his hands, his bridge officers following suit; At the center of this formation was a man who Degaulle easily assumed to be their leader, wearing a blue normal suit and staring back with a cold, musing expression at him, holding a bright red blade of energy in his outstretched right hand menacingly...and readily.

"Like taking a Sleight of Hand check against a Level 0 NPC," Melodius Greye smiled cruelly as the SPARTANs around him remained attentive, and ready to kill. "It's all too easy..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Melodius-

Moments later, even as the Andrea Gail and the Musai gradually faded away into the darkness behind him, Melodius was still smirking to himself at the flawless execution while, on the specialized Voiture Lumiere-equipped loading sled, the Andrea Gail's GN-Particle Charging Facilities were being transported snugly towards the Moon, along with Melodius' Dezpada and two Mercuriuses. The Necronomicon would still be heading for Tyber Zann's fleet on the Lunar surface, giving the Fandom the illusion that Melodius still intended to attack the Fandom offensive there; the Andrea Gail, its original crew killed, would be moving towards Nighthaven Station on autopilot while the Musai would be scuttled while the other SPARTANs headed back to the Necronomicon directly.

By the time the Fandom realized what Melodius had been up to, it would be too late, and the sled --- along with the GN-Particle Charging Equipment and Facilities that his Master asked for --- would long be back at SNRI's hidden base, and in Brigadier General Livingstone's hands. All that was left was Tuxedo Mask holding up his end of the plan: to prevent Tyber Zann from doing anything to get in Melodius' way...
Last edited by Cybaster on Fri May 01, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Cybaster

(Sorry for the double post, but I feel that this deserves a separate entry. If you must delete it, inform me first so I can save my work. <_<)

-Livingstone-

"Miss Endeavor," Steve Livingstone beckoned on the viewscreen above him as he sat on his meditation 'throne' in his private chamber, looking elated --- and for good reason. Everything had gone according to plan, at least space-wise; Melodius had succeeded in gaining the needed GN-Particle Charging Facilities and was on his way back with them personally, soon to arrive, and by the time the rest of the Fandom figures out what was going on, it would be too late. As for the one Fandom fleet in any position to stop Melodius, the Necronomicon would keep Tyber Zann's battle group occupied and unable to interfere with his return in any way and, if needs be, Livingstone would sortie personally --- it was as good a chance as any to give the base Tera S'ono a live-fire test, anyway.

And it was now time to bring about the beginning of the end for Dorel Richter --- permanently. "I have good news for you. My subordinate has succeeded in gaining the intact and fully functional GN-Particle Charging Facilities that you requested, and is on his way back with them. He will be here in at most an hour. Once he returns with the equipment, you may do as you will with them; Please feel free to tell me right away if there is anything else you require."

Then, after Enlight's answer, the viewscreen went dead, and Steve Livingstone was left in darkness, head lowered, pondering the next course of events.

No doubt about it, the first step was always a doozy.

Finally raising his head, on his will, the viewscreen started up again and revealed the face of a Virtual Adjutant, staring and waiting for his word. Steve smiled to himself; It'll have to be taken either way. "Get me a secure line to Earth, and connect me to General Santi immediately."
The Big Zabowski

-Enlight-

Enlight was somewhat stunned at the speed at which Livingstone had aquired what she had requested. It was quite surreal, that within a month she was now back at combat strength. With an affirmative nod, she thanked Livingstone for his work.

"Sir, I'm not sure what to say, but I must thank you for your hospitality and assistance in these trying times for myself and my men. If you have a ship and crew ready to head to earth, we may begin the operation as soon as possible.

My only qualm is having something to counter the Ptolemaios, vessel wise, should we indeed run into them once more."

She stood fast and saluted as Livingstone confided that he'd do what he could to make such a thing possible. And with that on the table, she nodded in affirmation as the video screen went blank, cutting the line. She turned around to spot the former operator of the Ptolemaios, Alphas Unias, who saluted before heading off to ensure that their people were in place to move out once Livingstone gave the order to commence the operation.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

-Fandom Research Colony: Wissen-

"Mr Fourteen?" a blonde in a white coat was talking to Wedge Fourteen. "Did you get all that?"

Wedge was inside the cockpit of an older pink unit which had been fitted with a GN Drive and the female was floating just outside the cockpit her hair flowing wildly in Zero G.

"make sure to watch the acceleration of GN Gaza when transforming. Your targets are the red buoys then you are to fly out and meet the Sadalahn class that's arriving."

hellbore

- Von Braun City -
- Space Dock -

The evacuation of Federal citizens was going well, with the last transport primed to leave the dock. The Victory, Grey Wolf and four Clop's also sat waiting to depart. The Caommanding officers were all surprised that the Fandom had left it this long to attack. The Victory had received a full complement of 14 Jestas and several Jegans were receiving Stark load outs. Nouvel GM III's were also being added to the Clop cruiser's hangers all in all a total of 38 Mobile suits.

Commander Maarek Steele was performing last minutes check-ups on his Gundam as were the rest of the pilots of the Wolf. The civilian Mai and the others had failed to come up with another solution to the attack, so the battleship had made it's way to Von Braun ahead of the Fandom advance.

The 4 Jegans, 2 Heavyguns, and the G-Cannon had all been looked over and Mai was proving a capable mechanic helping out where she felt she was needed. Steele looked out of the open hanger doors and saw that the civilian transport had at last taken off and was rising out of the dock.Colonel Theo Rawn was also watching the civilian transport leave for Earth from the bridge of the Wolf. He was discussing the best way to leave the Moon and head for the Aratea Space Fortress at Lagrange Point Four with the other ranking officers.

Suddenly a bright light bloomed from above, drawing all who could see it to gaze up. The transport, just moments ago whole and secure, was consumed in a fireball as it detonated from the inside out. The assembled Federal soldiers looked on as the spacecraft disintegrated, applled at the sight.

The stillness erupted into a frenzy of activity as Ships were made ready for launch and mobile suits were prepped for sorties. The Fandom had finally come.

- Merciless -
- Bridge -

Tyber Zann lounged nonchalantly in his command chair on the bridge of the Merciless, flanked by both Urai Fenn and Silri. As the shuttle exploded, Tyber merely nodded to the operator, and the order went out to launch the mobile suits. Soon the Moon would be his.
Sume Gai

-Hendor Snow-

"Dumbass take advice when it's given to you!" Hendor's fist curled. He wanted to put this 'punk' in line but he managed to hold himself back as he floated to the ceiling and then kicked towards the exit. Hellbore could probably feel the icy glare Hendoir left him with on the way out

-Chapter 23: -270.425 C-

-Wissen-

on board the Fandom's research colony. Several technicians were scurrying about to complete three models requested by Victious Sterling himself. One was based on an upgraded Throne frame while two others were based on the new GNZ frame. The basic models were ready but the armaments were still incomplete.

"he wants us to what?!" the project Chief yelled aloud before cursing. He'd just received word that Victious wanted them to customize one of the GNZs for Raven. it would require a reevaluation of the whole design and worse yet they weren't given any extra time to finish.

"Bah see if we can get parts from the 007's development team. That is probably our best choice." after some consideration the chief decided to use Victious authority to swap parts with another GNZ currently in development.

Kylern

-Salvation-

The battleship had survived a small war with a few deaths and some damaged equipment but it was alive and kicking. The problem was with the loss of the LLF base and their separation from the DC fleet the team was ultimately on their own. The ship was hiding inside an abandoned colony close to earth trying to repair both its own equipment and its few remaining mecha teams.

Stealth systems on and their specialized sensory systems turned outwards they were keeping track of the Federation/Fandom movements around Earth's orbit trying to figure out what would happen next. If a major fleet approached drop orbit then they would keep track and see where the attack would happen. The point was to intervene if DC was to be attacked.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
hellbore

- Lunar Surface: Von Braun City -
- Izumo-class Victory: Bridge -

Major General Olivier Armstrong ( :mrgreen: ) was seated in the command chair of the Victory staring out at the combat lighting up the airspace above the city of Von Braun and the Fandom blockade beyond it, from the rear of the Federation formation. The destruction of the civilian shuttle had enraged the Federal soldiers and they had gone out hoping to avenge their slaughtered citizens. Armstrong knew however that much more would be needed.

Calling to the communications officer, she ordered a fleet wide communication be sent out. "All ships. This is Maj. General Armstrong. The Fandom wish to keep us trapped here and destroy us. We can not let this happen. We must push through. All units, CHARGE!"

- Fandom flagship Merciless -

Tyber Zann called to his weapon officer, speaking in a bored disinterested tone, saying, "Prepare the positron blaster cannon. Target the Ra Cailum in the centre." This should wake them up, he thought to himself.

- Mobile Suits -

Meanwhile, the mobile suit teams from both sides were engaged in a viscious swirling melee. While the Federation troops were acquitting themselves well, the superior numbers of the Fandom Mobile Armours and suits were proving too much to overcome. Further compounding the odds against them, the most numerous mobile suits, the Crouda, seemed to have armour that almost made them invulnerable to their beams. Commander Maarek Steele was in command of the Federation Forces and he was hard pressed by the Gaplants buzzing around his troop. just to his left, a Jegan was suddenly skewered by twin beams from a Gaplant and as the green MA flashed past, he shot of one of the shield binders with a well placed shot. Another Jegan finished it off from above. Mai's voice came from his speaker's identifying her as the pilot. "Nice shot, Commander."

"Same to you, Miss Thyrad." Suddenly warning alarms went off in the cockpit and both machines opened the thrusters fully to avoid the large red and white burst of energy that scythed through space, catching a duelling Jesta and Crouda in it's path.

- Grey Wolf -

As the Clops moved forward, firing their Mega Particle Cannons the Wolf, in the centre of the formation, under orders from Colonel Rawn, moved forward only slowly, and as the Clops came together in front of them the positron blaster fired from the Merciless, removing the left side of one of the Clops which was consumed by secondary explosions. It was blind luck which had caused the Wolf to survive, a miscalculation of the Fandom operator. Theo Rawn breathed a sigh of relief, a small part inside him feeling guilty, but he composed himself and ordered his crew to advance and support the remaining Clops. The Mega Particle Cannons roared out, slightly grazing one Musai, while another was cut in two by the Gottfried cannons of the Victory. The fleet continued its slow advance toward the blockade.
Cybaster

-Necronomicon-

That was when, all of a sudden, a mass of long-range Mega Particle beams came towards the rear of the Fandom formation, at the ships from behind; As the initial volley passed, a number of unmarked Mobile Suits leapt from the Lunar Surface upwards, making them known, and began charging straight for the Fandom fleet with every intent to take advantage of the brooding chaos. Some of these Mobile Suits were red, wielding sparking Planet Defensors that erupted around them; Others were blue, firing large, charged beams from a distance. As they then promptly swerved and spread out to encircle the hind side of the Fandom fleet, the Mercuriuses and Vayeates --- ten each, twenty in all --- were followed by two other distinct-looking machines that led the attack: the Duraxyll first, and then the Dezpada further back.

Melodius and Tuxedo Mask's presences here could only mean one thing: this attack was not random at all. The Necronomicon Space Pirates were out to weaken the balance of power in one swift stroke.

"We cannot let Tyber Zann eradicate the Federation presence and completely dominate the balance of power in space. Thrawn, this is the Necronomicon --- we'll assist you just this once." Melodius stated to the SPARTANs around them, pushing the Dezpada forward into attack speed. By the will of my Master, I must make use of this Surprise Round. Too bad I'm not a Rogue; Could always use the Sneak Attack damage. "Begin your assault at once, Tuxedo Mask! All we need to do is weaken the Fandom fleet some; Thrawn will finish the job for us, hopefully..."

Meanwhile...

Elsewhere on the Moon, lying in wait and with the last of the preparations being completed to head out, a large-sized armada of ships were powering up their engines in unison, getting ready for the inevitable push towards Earth. Most of the ships were of a rectangle-like shape, carrying Mobile Suits equipped with ballutes, although some of the more streamlined, larger ones were escort ships, in charge of defending those dropships from anything and everything that would stop them from reaching their destination --- to attack Aidoneus Island, and set off an inevitable chain of events. It was to be, hopefully, the beginning of the end for some, and as the last of the ships made ready to go, their crews stared forward and straightened their postures, awaiting the final go-ahead.

The voice of Steve Livingstone himself spoke throughout the entire fleet, his voice echoing through every corridor on every ship.

"Your mission is simple: To carry out a drop operation over Aidoneus Island and attack the Divine Crusaders' headquarters from above, weakening their resilience which had constantly frustrated us and any and all sides in this conflict as they saw fit. This battle is to send a brief, yet audible, message to these rebels: That their meddling will not be tolerated, that their audacity and defiance had gone on for long enough," Steve paused for a moment of a second. "That they shall no longer be allowed to do as they wish on Earth --- our Earth, the Earth which the Federation, and through them the Strategic Naval Research Institute, had been formed to protect and watch over. For them, this shall be a message heard loud and clear; a signal that it is the beginning of the end. Regardless of what you may feel about this mission or about the DC, however, know this: they are a threat to us, and hence you will go into this battle with nothing but the most serious mind, and the will to face a grave enemy and triumph.

"You have my blessing, and my permission. Go forth and send our message!"

In unison, as Livingstone's words stirred something unknown in the crew of the ships, a will to go forward, the ships took off from the Lunar Surface one after another, closely following, lifting off and conjuring massive bursts of Lunar dust in their wake as they soon headed off into the vastness of space, towards Earth as it loomed in the distance. Soon, as the battle raged elsewhere on the Moon and under a decoy's cover from the Necronomicon space pirates, the SNRI's main attack fleet were safely away from the cover of the Mirage Colloid system and headed straight for Earth's orbit.
Sume Gai

-Faust Evist-

"hmm... the moon, it's been a while."

Faust had remained with the Necronomicon directly admitting to his First Mate that Greye fascinated him. He currently sat on the Halcyon's bridge making the previous quiet observation. In his hand was a glass of crimson wine which he swirled once before emptying it. [how he did this in 0G is best left unexplained.] His men were t the ready awaiting his orders.

For now he's asked Greye if he could observe before launching. he'd kept his reasons private stating he did not wish to throw his personal resources around wastefully. Whether Greye had bought this or not was up to him. Faust would wait, he wanted a feel for the battle before heading out. With only seven machines at his disposal he would need it.

-Kellen Cypher-

the decision had been made, they now waited patiently in earth orbit for something. The what and why were not shared with her but she supposed there wasn't much point in her knowing this time. In this operation she wasn't anything beyond a pilot.

There was a great deal of tension as Kellen Crossed the hanger and it seemed the main reason was the lingering antagonism between the Salvation pilots and their LLF guests. She really felt it was pointless and had made several unsuccessful attempts to break the ice between the two parties. On her way over to the Soleares she Stopped for second at the VF-25 considering speaking to it's pilot. In the end she bit her lip and continued She'd have her chance to learn more about this rather glum fellow later.

Kylern

-Salvation-

The ship was repaired and prepped by the time they caught the SNRI fleet on their powerful sensors. The destination was simple to figure once they started to enter the gravity pull and after some calculations on the ship's quantum computers it was apparent that DC HQ was being targeted... The plan was to intercept the SNRI fleet and hit it hard with the "secret" weapons the ship had stolen from the Federation base. These missiles were actually loaded into the four long range heavy missile launchers too... The Salvation was ready for a fight and a big one at that... The crew was briefed. This was the perfect chance to get SNRI and knock it back a few steps if they were to win this one.

The Captain stood up and decided to direct his decent size force from the bridge. "Now for the moment of truth! Will we sit by and let SNRI do as it pleases or will we bring judgment to these monsters? We have the fury of god on our side and the best trained pilots from the Moon! I give any who wish to leave this ship a chance to escape but those who fight will know that they made a difference. Bring your soul with you as we purge SNRI before they infect Mother Terra with their plague! Now we shall fight!!!" With that the mech crews were scrambled and the Salvation was prepped. The fold drives were prepared to deliver the ship into Earth's orbit so they could cut off the drop from point blank. It was a good thing this ship could enter the atmosphere should things get to bad.

Stealth systems engaged and the fold drive initiating the ship seemed to pull forward and then disappear from space altogether. Once it returned to normal space it would be directly underneath the SNRI fleet with all its units ready to deliver everything they have. Everything but the special weapons would be used to try and deliver as much punishment as possible.
Cybaster

-SNRI Fleet-

Soon, the armada assembled reached their waypoint in Earth's high orbit, as the hanger bays on the dropships opened, revealing the Mobile Suits contained within in unison and their pilots, all ready to launch: in a short while, as the respective ships gave the final go-ahead, the Mobile Suits began blasting off the ships, drive flares igniting the space beneath them --- in total, forty Barzams equipped with ballutes along with twenty sleeker, unconventionally-shaped Dandelions began their long, precise drop towards Aidoneus Island from above.

And that was when the Salvation forces suddenly folded underneath them and, seeing their path blocked, surprise only enveloped the forces for a second before, eager to react before the DC could, promptly fired at the Salvation, the Barzams firing Beam Rifles as they continued their descent, and the Dandelions manuevering to the sides to avoid any counterattack from the DC and to hunt for the Salvation's Mobile Weapon escorts.
Sume Gai

-Kellen Cypher-

From the deck of the salvation Kellen stared for a moment at their foes. Her eyes dashed as she made a rough but correct count of the MS. She didn't even realize her com was open when she exclaimed.

"60 machines? this is crazy!"

Things were Swirling around in her head already. She had some degree of distaste for the weapons the LLF had choosen to use and the fact that their captain had chosen to make this some holy crusade but that didn't mean she would run away. She felt that, at the least, the LLF and the Salvation's crew were good people trying to do what was right. Nonetheless you'd have to be insane not to worry about the grand number gap and Kellen was most certainly not insane.

Right now she would play point defense along with the remaining Cheyennes; the Valks would have to deal with the descending foes since the Seleares couldn't handle atmospheric reentry. Spoting the Dandelions Keelen picked one at random and began tracking it. once the salvation reacted she would make her own move

Kylern

-Salvation-

Obviously Kallen was new because the rest of the LLF was ecstatic about a chance to tackle the SNRI forces... This was more than just a scrap between the LC remenants but a chance to strike against the guys that caused them problems but helped conquer the moon. This was going to be fun and anyone that had rode with the Dragoons knew they were the luckiest group ever.

So ready to fight the ship turned both its Cheyenne forces as well as several hidden double barrel energy cannons up into the descending forces. Several smaller caliber point defense weapons were raised and fired up at the enemy again.

-Mecha Forces-

Dragoon and LLF VF fighters were launched armed with FAST packs as well. It was a battle between the agile but relatively under-armed variable fighters and the larger but un-mobile drop forces. One machine stepped up onto the ship's platform though and unleashed its ship-grade quad cannons at the attacking enemy vessels in an attempt to shoot them down one at a time.

-Ryder & Messer-

The last two units to launch were the VF-17S and the VF-25S both decked in FAST packs.

-Salvation-

Despite the use of its Pin-point barrier the battleship took damage from above by the incoming beam fire. This was along with the fact it was slowly being pulled down by Earth's gravity. It was waiting until the last moment before it attempted to use its trump card against the SNRI fleet.