Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread 4

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
hellbore

Re: Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread 4

Zangetsu wrote:
hellbore wrote:I was more referring to Void Shields but that's why I also said they're underpowered.
That is why I said that void shields would just be like I-Fields. Then they are somewhat underpowered but, hey if someone wants to use them.
Except they block everything
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Zangetsu

hellbore wrote:
Zangetsu wrote:
hellbore wrote:I was more referring to Void Shields but that's why I also said they're underpowered.
That is why I said that void shields would just be like I-Fields. Then they are somewhat underpowered but, hey if someone wants to use them.
Except they block everything
I know in 40K that they block everything but, for simplicity sake I thought reducing them to I-Fields would be for the best.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
hellbore

That would weaken them immensely though. Maybe Lightwave Barriers from SEED would be a better idea than I-Fields
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Zangetsu

hellbore wrote:That would weaken them immensely though. Maybe Lightwave Barriers from SEED would be a better idea than I-Fields
Hmmm, that would be a better comparison.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
chiku_shou

Sume Gai wrote:Chiku: I don't have any power issues with the Arche, however, it seems illogical that Nena would get it while Raven is still in the Zwei... would you be against Raven giving Nena the Zwei while she uses the Arche? (eventually the Arche would be passed down as well if you'd like)
Yes I would be against that because I don't like the Zwei. It is ugly and doesn't fit Nena at all. Furthermore it would also be a problem ingame since the Zwei was Michaels' Mobile Suit. Raven just deciding to not use it anymore and pass it off like second hand clothes would be troublesome.

As for Why Nena would get the Arche, I have some ideas that we could either discuss over PM or here on the board.
Sume Gai

40K stuff: after reading the Wikis I don't see any real reason to bring them in. I don't see any niche that they could fill better than other machines that already exist in the game.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

After today, i'm gonna be out of comission for the Easter Holiday and won't be back till Monday.
Zangetsu

Sume Gai wrote:40K stuff: after reading the Wikis I don't see any real reason to bring them in. I don't see any niche that they could fill better than other machines that already exist in the game.
Yeah, after looking at how they'd be portrayed I feel they wouldn't add anything. Thanks for hearing me out all the same.
Kylern

Sorry guys been busy with the opposite sex and all but I don't see why Nena can't have the Arche. I know Raven is a high ranking character and all but she is an NPC with limited involvement. In my opinion "dedicated" (not fly off the wall characters people sometimes make just to steal a specific unit for some purpose) PCs get the first pick on units and if Nena moves out of the Nena 00 style and into something more "this universe" then maybe she could find more involvement. Thats my view and I support giving Chiku's Nena the Arche.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Kylern I'm discussing the issue with Chiku via PM. We'll settle it there.

Also Raven is not an NPC nor will she ever be treated like one.

EDIT: I'm going to allow Nena to have the Arche this however means I need a new MS for Raven to use once the Zwei is beaten (likely in the next fight she enters)

In the end this is my basic Idea
Codename: GNZ-008 Gardezzo
Equipment: GN[t] Drive, GN field, Escape Unit
Armament: Fangs x 7, GN Blade, GN beam claw x 10, GN vulcan x 2

Hastily assembled using the new GNZ frame this model carefully combines the capabilities of the Garazzo and the Gaddess into a very powerful machine
I'm open for comments and suggestions
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

Sume Gai wrote:40K stuff: after reading the Wikis I don't see any real reason to bring them in. I don't see any niche that they could fill better than other machines that already exist in the game.
Be thankful they're Space Marines and not Terran Marines --- enough Gauss Rifle fire and Stim Packs and they'll bring even a Psyco Gundam down . :P

A Medic or four helps immensely, too.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

I think the average dose of mega particles will do more than 40 damage :P but anyone who sends out a lone Psyco Gundam deserves that kind of defeat.

Zangetsu

Sume Gai wrote:I think the average dose of mega particles will do more than 40 damage :P but anyone who sends out a lone Psyco Gundam deserves that kind of defeat.

What you talking about Gai. It won't be one, but tonz. Once the Psyco Gundam is Mass Produced..........

A question that came to my mind. Has there been any thought as to a Colony Drop or something on that size happening? No like end game stuff, but as something big mid game. You know like how they had the Break Pillar incident in 00, the Colony Drop in ZZ, and dare I say it the Break the World incident in Destiny.
SNT1

Should have posted up something big tonight regarding my plans for the Feddies. Right now they should be heading back to western USA.

I apologize for the delays, guys.

I rough sketched three of my main characters, and took a pic of it (no scanner---broken), so at least you have an idea what hotties you guys are dealing with in the Federation.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

MP the Psyco? who'd do something so wasteful?

nope we'll Mass produce the Guren SEITEN *cocks head back and laughs manically* no not really

*ahem* as for a colony drop or something of the sort I'm not aware of any such plans for any point in the plot. I am aware of a particularly nasty something someone has planned but I don't think that counts.

If we ever do drop a colony though I say it has to land in Australia on principle.

EDIT: so who's who SNT1?

SNT1

Rachel/Slug/Taylor

And what do people have against Australia, anyways?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

that middle guy Is about as far from what I envisioned Slug to be as it could be. Johann maybe but I always saw Slug as a rather big guy with a slightly dumbfounded look on his face.

SNT1

I can see how someone named "Slug" flying around in a 25-meter tall mecha could look like a big guy :P

But yeah, he's an average-built pilot. In fact, I imagine Antonio fitting your description, but these three characters are my main. I had a drawing for Johann but couldn't find it...

I see:

-Slug as some Asian descent, 5'10'' and has a bit of a slender frame
-Rachel as a California-born Asian-American party chick
-Taylor as some blond-haired, blue-eyed West Point suma cume laude southern girl, (oh hell yeah Mary S00!!!111!1!)
-Johann a short guy with a more euro-flair in his appearance

so, something like that. ahaha
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
The Big Zabowski

I live..kinda.

Gist of the past weeks:
Spoiler
-O-200 had to get stored
-Sim checks and labs
-Had reports to write
-Got camaroitis and it's not going away
-kindasortamaybe hooked up with a chick.
-Started an internship
-Lost an assload of free time.
To come: Internship and 0900-1530 long class M-W

So, unfortunately, I will have to say adieu to this game for the time being. If you wish to write out the Innovator thing as a major plot point and salvage what's cool and not cool into the rest of the game, go for it. If and when I come back, I may write a character from scratch so don't worry none about saving anything I've had until now. Sorry guys, but real life REALLY came a-callin' in a matter of weeks. :/
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
hellbore

Sorry to see you go, but enjoy the real world :lol: