Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread 4

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cybaster

Re: Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread 4

Sume Gai wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:I told strike :P
though he still hasn't responded for some reason... :|
S0 usually isn't in on weekends. Wait until Monday afternoon, at least.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike Zero

Sume Gai wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:I told strike :P
though he still hasn't responded for some reason... :|
Patience! I am a busy (working) man these days! It wasn't an easy for me to be around here as much as I was last week, for your information. :P

I have read it though, and I have become more excited than ever because of it. Do expect an official reply from me on the matter soon.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
hellbore

That reminds me, Gai, you sent me a PM which you deleted before I could read it. Could that have been part of the conspiracy you vaguely authoritative people are pulling :shock:

:wink: :mrgreen:
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Kylern

Hehehe I love authoritative ruling. But yes as Strike said this will be awesome and you guys will have your whole worlds turned upside down. Just remember to not drop the soap in all the excitement.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Fritz Ashlyn

Yes, "Hip hip hooray!" and all that, but keep in mind that this is your only alternative. To what? I'll let Wedge and/or Sume Gai announce it first since they're working on this.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Yeah, i'll spill the beans. I haven't been paying rent and Fritz is kicking us out. :cry:

At first this seems like a tough break. But The rpg mods and the faction leaders have thought that this rpg has outgrown it's home. This isn't a bad thing though, we decided to give the TARRRPG it's own forum, on it's own website. But first we need to finish the current episode which will pretty much end the first season. (This will be the first game to ever finish it's run at mechatalk.)

The sequel to this game will take place on the new site. This opens up a lot of doors for all of us. We can allow faction leaders to have moderator abilities. We can have different people posting in different topics allowing for more then one plot to happen at a time. We can see some old friends we haven't seen in a while. We're pretty much free from the thick velvety ropes that restrain us here.

Now this is good for mechatalk as well. We can set up a name game in this same spot. Allow new people to make up a story and explore a whole different world. I really think this is the best of both worlds and am excited as the others for it. I really enjoy looking after this game with you guys. Even if i seem grumpy and agitated most the time, I wouldn't do this if i hated it. :P

I'll be buying a domain name for you guys with money from my own pocket. Kylern and Gai have both put in a lot of work behind the scenes as well. Season 2 of TARRRPG can be better then the first, we just need to work together!

I'll keep you all updated! On that stuff, i'll let Gai or Kylern explain in detail what is going to happen plot wise in detail, but the short of it is.

Yes, the Earth Federation is going to resign and surrender to the Fandom after it's next attack. Then alot of the federation soldiers will defect to the DC and the DC will become a new faction, and like a phoenix this born again faction will slowly push the Fandom off the earth. (and all that kooky stuff you guys have planned will still happen I hope!)
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Zangetsu

Awsome! Our own forum. Just a quick question though. Will we have to redo/ repost our characters? Not a problem, just wanted to know so I can embelish on the profiles I have.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Kylern

I guess I'll answer a few questions that might come up.

1. You will have to repost them, but those already accepted here will not have to be reaccepted (unless you add a bunch of plot altering stuff to them).

2. The combined faction will be run by me and we will be axing a few groups and intergrating some units.

3. This will go as smooth as possible. Gai is working his ass off, Wedge is ponying up some cash (I would have just put it on invision free or something), and I'm just being me... No really I'm doing as well as I can but I'm running a pretty heavily reorganized faction and we still don't know who will make it into Season 2 and what the new faction will ultimately look like.
Wedge14

3. It is an invison free board. I'm just buying a domain name for it ;)

Also, HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE NOONE EVEN TRIED TO STOP ME FROM DROPPING A COLONY!! I COULDA EASILY SAID THAT ITS FALLING FOR AIDONEOUS! LOL

erhmmm

I'm kinda dreading posting the impact part of the post. :S

Kylern

Well technically Hellbore and Gai are the ones with fleets in Space for DC that can stop you... Not me so I will let them have the honors.

Though if the Salvation could get up to speed soon it could use up the three nuclear warheads it still has...
Wedge14

Good thing theres more then one colony being dropped in this operation!

The Big Zabowski

Well if this isn't a bombshell to end them I dunno what is?

I may return to the game if this does truly come to fruition and the infighting can truly be brought to peace. That was my main reason (along with SNT's departure effectively killing the Feds) for leaving and if both have been fixed.. I may give it another shot.

But that's up to the Mods and the rules. If it does constitute abandoning an RPG without due cause and can earn me a probation, then I won't return. I still have obligations to TFTF now as well, ya know.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Kylern

Well good for you that along with moving to a new forum we have more control over the rules. If you want to come along for the move then I'm sure we can find a place for you.

The big question though about the new faction is what to do with fringe groups like SNRI and such. This is for the mainstream Federation and DC intergration. I have no intention of forcing Cyb to intergrate into the new order but with the destruction of the Federation there might not be any other choice but to lay down the arms.

If you want to chat about things please PM me and we can decide how to proceed.
Sume Gai

welp there you have it folks; pack your bags, we're moving.

If any of you have issues with the move contact me, PM/AOL/MSN, (since i've finished most of my own stuff for the move) and I'll try to do what I can. The URL will be passed out once Wedge does his Domain name thing.

also yes hellbore, that PM is about the move (I sent it to you for reals this time.)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Fritz Ashlyn

I just want to say that everyone in this game really doesn't understand how much Wedge has done on their behalf.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but to clarify my last post in this thread -

A few weeks ago, this RPG had deteriorated further to the point that we discussed it and decided there were two possible choices: the game ends here and now, or it continues somewhere that is not Mechatalk.

Back when Wingnut was banned, we seriously considered closing the RPG. We even had other people suggest it. That was not the first time it almost came to that. However, Wedge volunteered as a Trinary member and was put in place as Wingnut's replacement, and he managed to keep the game in line to the best of his abilities.

The point of this message is this: the chance to continue elsewhere was just an alternative to a closed RPG before Wedge organized this. You should thank him for the work he has done, not just in keeping this game anything close to running smoothly, but also for his part in setting up an offsite board.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Zangetsu

Hmmm, well I do suposse thanks are in order.

Thanks a lot Wedge :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

(Oh how I hate smilies, but the situation demands it.)
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Omega

Well then... I guess we owe ya one Wedge... Thanks a lot for saving the RPG from collapsing in on itself.
Strike Zero

Believe me, I'm eternally grateful to the man. When he first informed me of what the situation was and what he was planning to do, I was stunned. To put that much effort into saving the game was something he never had to do, as well as something I don't believe any reasonably sane person would have done either. Yet he did it, and thanks to that, we are able to continue playing what I believe to be is a truly great RPG and the best that I've ever participated in. It would have broken my heart to see it die out before it had a chance to flourish.

So kudos to Wedge14. I salute thee!

*salute*
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

Kylern wrote:The big question though about the new faction is what to do with fringe groups like SNRI and such. This is for the mainstream Federation and DC intergration. I have no intention of forcing Cyb to intergrate into the new order but with the destruction of the Federation there might not be any other choice but to lay down the arms.
You vastly underestimate me, Kylern. 8)

Since you and Wedge have my stuff, let's just say that further events involving "SNRI" --- and I use these quotations for a reason XD --- will not be affected much, if at all, by the Federation's surrender. Sure, I'm a lazy bum at heart and don't like having to move (Newton's First Law and all that), but when you gotta go, you gotta go. However, because the move away from Mechatalk will now be spreading me unhealthily thin on the net, I am seriously contemplating resigning from TftF (and by proxy Mechatalk) altogether.

Unless, of course, you don't want me at all in the new site. <_<

And if I could donate anything to the site, I would. But given my sister's experiences I don't trust Western Union with a 10ft pole. <_<
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Wedge's gone through a lot for us. He's a real trooper dealing with us bunch a crazies n a daily basis. Thanks man, you do great work. :D

Also final call for Picking up NPCs before they get 'taken care of' (once the fighting starts it may be too late)

Bian, Santi, Bushido and a few others are safe for now but anyone else without a Player is very likely to kick the bucket.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern