Chapter 21: Waves of Sorrow [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
chiku_shou

Re: Chapter 21: Waves of Sorrow [Earth]

-Johann Trinity- (Base Gym)-

"Yes, but Wedge didn't tell me he would show up for the debriefing." Johann remained where he had been standing, looking unperturbed by Nowe's reaction. A man was only as good as his word and Nowe wasn't making a very good impression on the older Trinity sibling. Still, he had to make sure what kind of man Nowe was... if he couldn't this mans word then working with him would be dangerous.
Kylern

-Nowe-

His lips snarled as the Trinity guy seemed to look down at him. "So what? You wouldn't have let me do as I like without complaint anyways. This way there was no argument." He crossed his legs and bypassed the taller guy. Standing on the wall was his bastard sword that he picked up and started to swing around him.

"If you have a problem with the way I do things then tough shit. I don't answer to you, nor do I care." And he didn't... And he wasn't about to let some designer baby tell him otherwise. It wasn't his job to please them or make friends but to kill whoever he was told too.

-Kylern-

The speech had been over and everything was settling down as people complained and bitched about the pompous crap on the TV. He had spoke his mind and knew something new might happen next. He had to be ready to defend this island from whoever threatened the peace. The Belphagor desired blood and he would gladly hand it over to the demon Gundam.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Strike Zero

- Strike -

Though slightly perturbed at Masamune's tone and the fact that he happened to be sporting blades this time around, Strike did his best not to show it. Instead, he nodded in response to Morpheus' question.

"I would. I had actually come here intending to ask about that same thing."

He looked over in Elya's direction. "Do you think that you can tell us?"

Elya nodded. "Uh-huh. What do you want to know?"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
SNT1

--Gundam Team ver. Awesome--
--Edwards AFB, California--

It was a sight they hadn't anticipated---one part of the base is literally packed with ground crew. Everyone down below seemed to be busy: everyone's moving, everyone's carrying something, some look at computers, some even turn wrenches on some ZetaPlus variant. And there is a part of the base which was just waiting for them. The Fafnir was instructed to touch down at that area.

The trip was safe, although they can hear weird clanking noises, thanks to the scrap pieces hanging out the nice gash on one of Fafnir's sides, pummeled by GN beam shots and numerous missiles. Johann and Taylor had been involved in critiquing and general trashtalking about the Fandom speech, while Slug listened in, thinking about how he triggered half of that global broadcast. He grinned to himself rather stupidly once in a while. Rachel had locked herself in her quarters most of the time, confused whether she should be jealous, angry, or proud; the idea of some Gundam-for-hire taking all the glory didn't sit well with her. Still, she wasn't completely mad about it, and that fact also has her confused a little bit...

Once they have landed, however, familiar faces greet them---Antonio and Clara Fox, head of Sidewinder. And Johann knows, that when Antonio greets like this, "Someone's getting a mecha upgrade," he says out loud before reaching the engineers. Slug, Taylor and Rachel look up to see Antonio's trademark smirk; as if he'd done something significant. And maybe he did.

"'Heard you guys got your asses kicked in Hawaii eh?" Antonio says, stealing a glance at the front end of the ship where the mecha is getting unloaded, and for the most part, it was an ugly sight. "Johann, that's our company mecha! Damn son, there's nothin' left! And Slug, you're still alive after that scar?"

"I assume you're taking care of our mobile suits, Mr. Fox?" Taylor interjects before the two other Sidewinder men could reply, attempting to get the important issues at hand.

"Ah yes Major..."

"Major Taylor Reese."

"Yes, Major Reese. This base is a safe haven, and from General Santi's word, looks like most crewmembers of this ship is on leave."

"Sweet!" Rachel exclaims on the back.

"Except you, Ray-Ray, unfortunately. Ouch, sorry about that arm," Antonio says, looking at her cast.

"The arm's healed... And what the hell, what do you mean I'm not on vacation? And 'Ray-Ray'?" She shoots a glare at Antonio, who in turn looks at Slug. Rachel then follows suit, and looks at Slug. "Wat?" was again his dumbfounded expression. Antonio cuts to the chase, saying, "You have a new mecha, you might like it." That completely changes Rachel, but she remains skeptical on the outside, even if she's holding back her anxiousness and excitement. She'd spent years piloting that Airmaster, after all. "It had better be good," she says.

"It's the best Airmaster ever created," Antonio says, and Rachel's excitement drops down a bit. "Follow me Rachel, and uhh, guys, you can look at it if you want..."

Taylor waves it off and looks for her place to stay in, Johann and Slug follows.

-----

"You had to be all dramatic and crap, don't you..." Rachel says to Antonio, who's leading the three pilots into a darkened hangar.

"But of course," Antonio replies. Later he turns on the light switch, and sees the latest venture of the Sidewinder, in all its glory: A mobile suit all too familiar with Rachel, and Airmaster variant. However, aside from its darker, grey-blue/purple scheme on grey, there are more visual differences that told the pilot that this isn't just a paint scheme upgrade. For one, the chiseled angles, a stark contrast from the (Okawara-style) of the current Airmasters. The shape is more likened to an Overflag with aggressive streamlines. The main thrusters are noticeably bigger, and seemed to be double jointed for maneuvering. It takes Slug, Johann and Rachel a few more seconds of drooling before Antonio proudly announced the Sidewinder's newest creation.

"This is... the Gundam Airmaster Overburst. It's quite the animal, really."

"I see..." Rachel's left wondering.

"It's basically the most agile Airmaster in the solar system, Major," Antonio claims. Johann had that 'woah' look in his face. Antonio adds, "Hell, I think it may be the most agile Federation unit in the skies. But only if you can handle it, Rachel." Slug whispers to Johann, something about Antonio's sales-pitch and potentially false claims, but the two still remain impressed. "You've outdone yourself," Johann says. Rachel was grinning, saying, "Oh I can handle it."

Antonio continues, "It can also equip two of those shotguns that you oh so love to use, a nasty 'surprise' against someone who decides to force you into melee combat..." Rachel is now completely interested, listening intently to the chief engineer's words. "And..."

Antonio turns on a second light switch, which now showcased yet another Overburst. It was almost identical, in fact. One major thing that differentiates the two is that the second one clearly says 'SHADOW BIT' on the side. Rachel gets a clue, and a welcome sight, because her GW bits are...lacking in versatility. "Where are the other two?" Rachel inquires, looking around for bits #2 and #3. Antonio nods his head, saying, "Just this one."

"Whhaaaa? How the hell is this supposed to be better than what I have?"

"All your focus on this one bit, and I assure you it's better having one strong bit than three lackluster bits," Antonio calmly explains. Rachel doesn't buy it in its entirety. "I... guess you could be right... so I'm supposed to test this thing, is that why I can't have a vacation?"

"It won't take long," Antonio says, grabbing some technical notes and gives it to the Major. "Read up. "Overburst stuff you need to know." Antonio says as he leaves. Johann says to Slug, "where's the nearest bar here?" as he walks away. Slug shrugs and congratulates Rachel, but also walks away. Rachel's left alone. "I guess I get to have my own fun..." she pouts at her bittersweet situation as Slug and Johann walk out to do whatever they want while Rachel has to stick to her job, but she gets a cool toy in the process... "I think I'm better off than them, hmph!" She goes her separate way to read up on her new unit.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
chiku_shou

"I see..." Johann sighed. Nowe had picked up his sword and started swinging it around randomly. This guy seemed to literally be on the edge and his irrational actions irritated Johann. Nowe reminded Johann of the Martian Badger, ferocious and opportunistic it always hunted alone. Showing it's fangs and growling whenever another animal was invading what it considered it's territory.

"My sister wont be able to guard my back for awhile, she wanted me to ask you to take her place." he wondered about that. So far this guy had only shown signs of being unreliable. He felt he still had to make the offer though, he had promised his sister he would.
Kylern

-Nowe-

"What do I look like your baby-sitter?" His form felt fluid despite the weight of the sword he was using. He imagined that the thing in his way was the enemy and cut through them.

"I don't expect people to waste their time watching someones back because those that can't take care of themselves deserve their fate. Me included..." He added that at the end to show he followed his philosophy even through to himself. He expected to die and when he did nobody was expected to care. It would only show his weakness and weak people don't deserve to remain on the battlefield. If this guy couldn't figure it out then it only showed the difference in them.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

Morpheus, in turn, sat down at the edge of the bed and glanced calmly at Elya.

"What can you tell us," Morpheus began with the most direct question of all: "About the Nova Prince, his abilities, and his chief accomplices in the Dark Star Knights? What kind of hardware does he have access to?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
chiku_shou

In truth Johann was the one that felt he was dealing with a child, or rather with an unreasonable sibling. Nowe was unreliable and confrontational like a badger, but Michael had behaved in pretty much the same way. There was never a guarantee that Nowe would come to his senses, but his best chance to get him to listen to him was to be consistent. "That isn't your choice. Just like me, you are just here to fight for Fandom and Mars."

Neither of them had the luxury of being in charge of their own fate. He knew this was something his sister was really upset about and something she hated. But there was no helping it, they were simply there to fight for all those families back on Mars.
Kylern

-Nowe-

"Once again you assume I care about the same things you do." With that Nowe growled and drove the sword down into the ground with impressive force. And he stared right into Johann's eyes.

"Lets get this straight designer baby... I don't give a damn about Mars or those idiot people. I don't care about whether or not Fandom wins this war because from my point of view there is nothing in this but death for me anyways. So shut up about my duty or whatever because you have no idea what my duty is. I am not a fandom citizen, an honorable soldier or any BS like that. I am a killer and my only duty is to cut down those Fandom tells me to or be cut down myself. Once this is over and they don't need me anymore I'm going to die because things like me aren't needed otherwise. So shut the hell up and get out of my way or I will cut you down." A furious Nowe then strained as he pulled the sword out of the concrete and stormed off. Johann had struck a cord in him and it was better off just leaving the young man alone.
chiku_shou

As Nowe walked away Johann remained where he was, giving him a dark look. There was no point in being angry with a guy like Nowe, their own frustration would just feed on any negativity. It was a defense mechanism and a way for guys like him to reassure themselves of their own place in life. Lashing out like this he was seeking confrontation, he was seeking any sort of recognition he could get.

Nowe had been referring to Johann as a designer baby; where had he gotten that information from? But he had been wrong, all of the where there to fight. Johann didn't hold much hope than any of them save the top officers in charge would survive this war... but that was okay. He had always known that was his fate. They had been created to fight, but as long as what they did meant something then their lives would have a meaning. Waiting until Nowe himself had left, Johann left the gym as well.
SNT1

--Slug, Johannm taylor--

The two men heads out of the base, looking for some of their crewmembers to join them, when Antonio comes to them. "Hey Johann, Can you come with me for a bit?"

"Wah?" The European says, uninterested.

"The GN Drive you gave me. I need help! There's no way for me to recharge it! It only has 35% power remaining. Come on."

"I guess I have to, you're on your own then super ace," Johann says to Slug as he leaves.

"I also wish you'd stop calling me that," Slug mutters as he now walked alone. Well, going out alone can't be too fun now can it? Slug looks around... for someone to come with him. Let's see who else who else... The tall dude? Nope, haven't even seen the guy come out of the base. Z-two pilot? Haven't seen him either. Those twin pilots? A tree bark may be more interesting than those two... Murasame pilot? Nope, where? Captain Johnson? Nah, she's probably a PTA chick or some crap like that. crap, so who is---

His train of though gets interrupted as he meets the most unlikely candidate to come with him. Straight from taking a shower, wagging her hair as if she's on some photo shoot of a shampoo commercial, wearing a normal T-shirt along with military style pants and flip-flops, and (get this) not carrying anything that resembles work, this unexpected sight is none other than Taylor Reese. "Hi Slugger," she says.

"Erm. ... hi." Ok, stuttered more than I should have. Slug goes straight to the point. "Was going to hang out outside the base for a bit, but they bailed on me. So... wanna come?"

Taylor stops and starts looking around. Nope, she has absolutely nothing to do aside go to bed and maybe read a book. Lauren was taking care of the battle reports this time, and she's... yep, doing nothing. Slug points this fact out with a smirk, "You have no excuse, Major!"

"Ok, I'll go," she says, giving up with a faint smile. Slug then looks around for more shipmates, if only to make it clear that this wasn't some sort of date, but just a way to get away from military duties. Or was it? Whatever. But the more the merrier right?

Next thing Slug realizes is that he's not walking in a straight line. "This way," Taylor says, pointing out to the exit. She knows this place. She was stationed here long before she was sent on the international front to deal with the enemies. "Ah, right," Was Slug's only response. But in his mind, one word comes into his mind, as he slowed down his footsteps...

Welp!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wedge14

-Wedge Fourteen-

After the ceremony Wedge got some rest. The next day was another beautiful sunny day. Hawaii was such a wonderful place, even with all those Volcanoes. He leaned against a sturdy Tree and stared out into the ocean. The sound and sight of the waves were rather soothing. The past few days had been very stressful, it was easy to get lost in the moment.

-Wedge Fifteen-

Super Ace Super Ace Super Ace Super Ace Super Ace. God if there's anyone that actually annoyed more then Slug it was Wedge. Only because he was aware that Slug didn't really shot down that Red Vulture guy, one of those crazy Fandom soldiers did it. Fifteen really wasn't jealous, he was just didn't want it to go to the guy's head. An ego could get dangerous, and this guy wasn't even military it made him a bit uncomfortable.

Regardless he sees Slug and Major Taylor awkwardly walking to the exit Wedge was actually leaning on the wall right beside it. It was weird seeing 'goldy' in normal clothes, but he still Saluted as they came into salute range. "Major, Slug..."

-Garmin Aelfhere-

[pending]
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
legacygundam

Inside the cockpit of his newly acquired Huckebein Mk II, Kyle watched on the viewscreen as Aidoneous Island came into view. His eyes were vacant and solid, no emotion flowing through them. Reaching over, he activated the comm system and opened a line to the base. "This is Ensign Kyle Raikou, approaching from vector 639. Requesting permission to land. My authorization is P65 - E7T." Waiting a moment, a woman's voice came over the radio in response.

"Roger, your code checks out. Landing cleared, please land in hangar 1. We'll send someone to meet you"

"Understood. " Lowering the unit, he saw the location pegged on his radar now and brought the suit down just in front of it. Walking forward, he moved into the hangar and moved to an open slot to park the unit. Powering down the GN drive in the units back, he opened the cockpit and lowered himself down to the floor below. Looking around the hangar, he waited near his mech, waiting for the person they would send to greet him.
SNT1

--Slug and Taylor--

The two rent a small jeep from the base, and gets it after a few words from Taylor and some ID/badge/rank flashing.

Taylor is the first to see Wedge as they drove out, and as the man saluted she casually responds with the salute, without stopping. Slug just waves subtly.

"Yeah, we were just going to the nearest pub---" Slug says, but interrupted by Taylor, who continues, "we -might- need a designated driver," beckoning Wedge with her finger. He noticed that she had just barely stepped out of military space and into civilian territory. Which may not be so apparent as military folks and military jeeps still roam the place, although the civilian outpost resembles some booming thanks to the base.

Slug inches closer to Taylor, and whispers a bit, "'designated driver'? It's a few steps away from the base..."

"You'll never know what can happen..."

"Riiight," Slug says. This should be interesting...

--Rachel--

From a distance, she sees the events transpiring between her wingmen. She sit on top of her new Airmaster, waiting for Antonio to help fine tune the thing to her liking. While she tries to focus on the task at hand, she can't help but feel jealous at others having a good time. She pouts, again... "Damn, Antonio, where are you? Let's get this $#!* over with!"
Last edited by SNT1 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
SNT1

double!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omega

-Reimi-

She let out a sigh of relief when Zangetsu quickly dismissed the idea. It didn't take long after that to find said person's profile, and unfourtunately, she discovered one of the PDA's features... "Here... his file, and a video of how he died." She said as she held out the PDA.

-Rena-

She was tinkering in her Saviour when she caught sight of a mech setting itself down in the hangar. 'Hm?' Curiosity got the better of her and she went over to see who was piloting it. "Hey!" She waved from the hangar floor, hoping to get the pilot's attention.
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

He watched with interest. 'This person seams very important to her. I wonder what kind of person he was?' Were the only thoughts going through his head.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Omega

-Reimi-

Noticing his curiosity, Reimi speaks up. "We were... quite close..." She then remembers the engagement ring he gave her, and quickly tries to hide her hand.

-Zaine-

He found himself wandering around the base aimlessly, though he caught sight of Emily and Kirie... but didn't want to talk to them, so he tried to walk away, but had the strange feeling they'd notice him before he could get away.
Zangetsu

(OOC: Could you PM or post what his file entails.)

-Zangetsu-

He noticed her hide her hand quickly, but failed to see what she was hiding. "I see. I apologize if this is dreging up disturbing memories. I was simply curious as to who this was." He said as he waited for the video to play.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Omega

(I'll leave Edge's profile out, just say it's similar to the Edge from the game if you've played it, but here's how he died.)
-PDA-

The video played then...

It showed Edge following Reimi (Who couldn't be seen due to the first person nature of the video) then a spatter that could be recognized as blood... Then Reimi was visible, holding her side while a man in black armor stood over her with a sword ready to drive through her... only for Edge to put himself in the way and take the blow meant for her while pushing her out of the way. Reimi ran forward and scooped up her PDA with a strange noise following a light.

The video ended shortly after.