Chapter 21: Waves of Sorrow [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

His dream stretched on for who knows how long, for time within it was distorted like in most dreams. The two Gai's stood Glaring at each other across the dark space and watched over by the powerful shadow until finally Gai was awakened by a beeping on his bedside table.

He raised his head to see that the Island had been placed on alert. Gai got up shaking the grogginess from his body and Showered and dressed as quickly as he could manage.

A few moments later he exited the room and made his way at a brisk pace to the Hanger Apollo had shown him the other day. He found the Armorlion had been painted as per his specifications.

-Martin Snow-

Martin couldn't repress his sizzling irritation about the man who contacted him but he accepted the offer of command, "Understood; Give the Gekka's the spare Akatsuki Bazookas, I'll lead them." 'at the least; Ican try to keep these guys safe...'
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine-

He had been sleeping rather well until a beeping sound woke him.

'Ngh...' He took a look at his PDA, and noticed that the island was on alert status. Much to his distaste, Zaine hurried to get into his flight suit, and make his way over to the Exia.
Nero

(When Cybaster responds to my earlier post, the fight begins.)
-Zero-

"Understood." Zero relayed the message to the pilots of those Knightmares and the five Gekka were soon prepared with the spare bazookas from the Akatsuki units.

The Burai were also ready with their own artillery weapons. "Once Aidoneus is in sight, we begin our attack." The hangar doors opened up and gave the pilots a good view of the morning sky.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Cybaster

(Go for it.)

-Kalen and Midrenn-

"Acknowledged." Was all Midrenn said; Kalen, on the other hand, was far less sanguine.

"What!? Your Excellency, with all due respect, you know my worth, and the Gerbera Tetra is fast enough to return to the Highwind in a hurry; Please allow me to make the charge along with your forces as well!" Kalen requested in turn, the Gerbera Tetra and Advanced Hazel standing readily at their places; Guard duty was never his forte, and Kalen was sure Zero knew this, that Kalen's true strength was in attack --- the only reason Zero was even asking this was because of June. Despite Kalen wanting to be blindly loyal, overly so, he was still a man with his own mind --- and while he wanted to obey Lelouch's command, he couldn't bring himself to accept it. "I shall hit the DC hard and fast, as needed of me!"

And by now, Kalen had decided that between his promise to Lelouch and his promise to June, June's --- to protect Lelouch from Zaine --- took precedence. At that thought, Kalen looked around; June should be sortieing in the Guren by now. Where did she go, anyway...?

-June-

Even though Lelouch had robbed June of the right to fight alongside him to the end, she could never bring herself to hate him for it; It was so tiring to hate when she would much rather love Lelouch for trying so hard to protect her, when love was the only thing June had left. June meant it, after all, when she said she understood why Lelouch wanted to keep her away from the fighting, even though June very much wanted at the same time to make sure --- personally --- that Zaine didn't hurt Lelouch again. That Zaine would never hurt him again, for that matter.

And by now, at that point, she had accepted what Lelouch did.

Even as her body was beginning to feel numb and weakened from the serum Lelouch injected into her just from standing in the cockpit, June Uzuki carried herself as forcefully as possible and straightened herself as best she could as she stood at the far end of the Highwind's hanger, staring longingly at the Shinkirou. June would not show weakness now; She would show Lelouch that she was alright, and here waiting for his return.

As the Shinkirou readied itself for launch, June saluted Lelouch and smiled brightly, despite her feelings. She hoped that Lelouch would at least see that before he launched.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Nero

-Zero-

He noticed June's salute and smile, and nodded the Shinkirou's head before turning his attention to Kalen.

"If you insist on it Kalen... Just don't go too far from the ship." In a few moments Aidoneus was in sight.

"All right, begin the attack!!!" Zero's Shinkirou was first out, followed by the Burai team as they made their way towards the island.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

The order came down and with him being right next to his Gundam it made it all that much better. Rascal on his shoulders he grabbed a visor unit and attached it to the side of his head and turned it on. He rarely used this piece of tech anymore due to the death of his TEMJIN but since the Belphagor didn't come with its own helmet, well at least none he had found, it would need something different. A red laser beam ran in front of his eyes as he hooked it up to the controls of the Belphagor. He ran the sensor equip through the head-set in order to see what the Gundam saw and with it activated a zip-line came down to him from the cockpit.

"Lets show them all our power..." Kylern grabbed ahold of the line and with ferret still on his shoulders rode it up to the cockpit and found everything ready for him. The V-Crystal around his neck glowed as it began to connect to the systems allowing the pilot access to the special systems.

"Gundam Belphagor! Lets show them true fear..." Almost as if answering the Gundam stood up and flexed its arms out showing its chest and the secret weapon behind them. Kylern smiled as he flipped the switch and the armor panels on the chest flipped out revealing three multi-phase cannon like devices. The Belphagor unleashed its claw like extensions into the ground to provide a stable firing platform as it began to draw energy into the three mega-sonic cannons.

"Lets see the enemy stand up to the Belphagor's most powerful weapon... the Mega-sonic cannons..." Evil glint in his eyes shown as the weapon powered up to full strength.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Just as he finished double checking the controls, an interesting mix between his old Alt and a Guarlion, the Base began to ring with sirens as a Voice announced they had moved up to full combat status.

Gai closed the Armorlion's Hatch and started up Tesla Drive, catching snippets of info about the incoming enemies form the announcements. He overheard the Words 'Knightmare Frames' in one sentence and knew exactly who was attacking

"Zero, Perhaps if you'd set down your sword I could forgive you. But as it is...."

With a jerk the Armorlion lifted from the floor of the hanger and moved forward. Gai began to head for the opening doors which led to a tunnel to the surface.

"I won't let you hurt anymore of the people I treasure."

Gai wasn't sure if he could keep his promise not to interfere with Zaine's fight if it appeared Zaine would lose but that was a bridge he would cross when the time came.

-Martin Snow-

Martin and his team launched moments after Zero but were heded for a separate part of the island. their Objective wass to disable defenses and block Launch gates using their superb agility to close on their targets.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Nero

-Zero/Burai Team-

He saw the Belgaphor rise, and prepare to fire a unique weapon.

"Scatter!!!" The Burai did as told, while Zero himself transformed the Shinkirou, and dove into the water as he made his way towards the island.

-Highwind-

The ship caught the energy spike on their radar. "Prepare evasive maneuvers for when that energy signature fires!" The bridge crew made preperations for when the Belgaphor fired it's cannon.

-Gekka Team 2-

A group of gekka deployed from the Aroundight, and stayed in a defensive formation near the ship.
Omega

-Zaine-

It didn't take long for the order to launch to come in, which Zaine did so.

Once he caught sight of the Knightmare Frames, He immediately caught sight of the one going underwater, and chased after it, GN Sword at the ready.
Kylern

-Kylern-

He watched them scatter in his visuals and laughed. "That won't save you weaklings at all!" Especially since this wasn't a beam attack... It was a sonic one and more similar to the Photon Masers in SEED. Going underwater wouldn't help and Kylern already knew the sort of destruction a full powered blast could do. After all Gai had stopped a Land Battleship in its path in Under the Moonlight... What sort of damage could he do to a small size mechs like the KMFs?

"SONIC SMASHER SPRAY!" Instead of a full stream he pressed the fire button as the triple fire-link cannons unleashed their fury. The Belphagor dug into the ground to prevent being knocked over as the red beam split apart coming out of the barrels creating a rain of needle like beams that sprayed the KMF formations. He wanted to start by decimating their starting troops before targeting the main ship.
Sume Gai

-Martin Snow-

Martin and his group were thankfully out of the way when the Belphagor unleashed it's vicious opening attack.

"Ignore it. We need to get this done quickly."

The Gekka pilots responded in the affirmative and wasting no time. scattered to locate and destroy any and all fixed defenses. Several of them passed by inane-looking Black towers that had recently been erected at various points around the base. The Gekkas proved hard targets for fixed emplacements due to their extreme agility.

Cybaster

-Kalen and Midrenn-

"Yes, Excellency! Kalen Barnett, Gerbera Tetra, moving forward!"

As the remainder of the Black Knights launched and moved forward, as did Kalen, the Gerbera Tetra launching forward and into the sky with its feet on a Shackles, leaned forward; As the Gerbera Tetra moved with the initial formation by taking up position on Zero's right flank, Kalen blinked and looked back briefly towards the Highwind; Something was off, Kalen realized, but decided to simply shrug it off and focus on the target at hand --- Aidoneus Island, which Kalen was now glaring with expectant, hateful eyes.

For one, Kalen realized, there was no Guren --- June hadn't launched at all. To one who the sight of the Guren beside the Shinkirou had been a constant throughout much of the Black Knights' tour of duty, it was awkward. That's odd, Kalen noted to himself briefly, June was having his Excellency's child, but she hasn't turned to glass...perhaps his Excellency had talked her into remaining behind, just like he tried to talk me to guarding the Highwind.

And for another, there was no Advanced Hazel, either --- and Midrenn had no excuse. "Midrenn, where are you?"

"My Mobile Suit's suffering from a binder leak," Was the reply. "The technicians are trying to seal it off and get a replacement binder fixed, but it's going to take awhile. I'll sortie as soon as it's ready."

Kalen blinked. Binder trouble...? "Don't take too long! The Highwind's defence is up to you, Midrenn!"

"Got it."

Then before either of the former teammates could exchange another word, Kalen and the Gerbera Tetra shot forward --- just as the order to scatter came. Squinting his eyes forward, Kalen caught sight of the Belphagor the same time Zero did...and he reacted in kind. As Zero dove, Kalen swerved upwards, rolled sideways to the left, and continued its dash towards Aidoneus Island.

While accelerating.

"Divine Crusader scum..." Kalen muttered and, just as the Belphagor's Mega-Sonic Cannon fired, the agile Gerbera Tetra dove, leapt --- and emerged above and in front of the Belphagor as Kalen narrowed his eyes in focus, brandishing its Beam Machinegun. "You've had your turn, and now it's mine!" Coming in from above, Kalen then outstretched the Gerbera Tetra's left arm and fired his weapons in unison, sending a spray of beam and bullet fire raining towards Kylern's Belphagor from above.

-Emily and Morpheus-

It's finally here...

Emily Stormgunner, as she felt the imminent attack outside and the base scramble around her, was in a gloomy mood as she likewise hurried outside with the rest of the pilots, towards the hanger where the Unicorn Gundam was; While the people around her all bore urgent expressions, Emily's own aura was one of sadness, her eyes dull and looking reluctant, and it was as if she was pushing herself forward only out of habit. Indeed, Emily had seen it coming. She knew what was to happen the moment she had searched within Lelouch and June's souls in Calais, and seen the vision --- and dreaded its coming.

And now, as she felt Zero and June's presences outside Aidoneus Island, Emily remembered that unpleasant feeling --- of panic, of pessimistic expectation --- in full. What made it worse was that, try as she did, she could not find a way to remedy the entire thing. This was Zero's fight, and Zaine's fight.

Not Emily's.

It was only when Emily had almost made it to the Unicorn Gundam, about to run up the stairway to its cockpit, when her sadness was interrupted. Blinking, Emily turned to her right, walking a few steps forward absently --- Morpheus, no longer in his trademark overcoat but in a dull grey business shirt, dark brown pants, dark orange tie and suspenders, was likewise making his way up to the Strike Noir. Unlike Emily, however, Morpheus' expression was calm, expectant, unaffected. He had seen this coming as well.

As Emily looked up, Morpheus turned back towards her from the Strike Noir's cockpit opening, peering out. For a moment, there was silence; Emily was at a loss of how to react to him, to this, knowing how hard it must be to her CO to face his own former CO in battle --- to the death. "Morpheus..." Emily began, scratching her hair. "Sir..."

In response, Morpheus shook his head. "I'm fine." Was his reply, gentle and collected, hiding whatever feelings he had. "What comes, Emily, will come. There are some times when a Roleplayer must simply accept the course of events and do his best to prevent the worst-case scenario from happening.

"Perhaps, for Lelouch and June, this encounter is for the best."

At that, Emily nodded sadly.

"But what you saw, Emily..." Morpheus continued, addressing what was really in Emily's heart --- and feeling what he wanted to say even before he said it, Emily smiled, her heart filling with a considerable measure of relief. It wasn't complete...but for now it'll do. "It is preventable, and you can save her from it. Just do your best and look forward."

"Thank you, Morpheus."

Silence again, and finally, both Morpheus and Emily nodded in unison. It was time, Emily knew. "Let us go," And at that, Morpheus disappeared into the Strike Noir's cockpit --- and Emily turned to run towards the Unicorn again, heart feeling slightly lighter. Her eyes, as she looked forward at what she could do, were no longer dull with sadness. "Let us go, Emily, and meet Lelouch's fate."
Last edited by Cybaster on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero

-Zero-

After evading the shots directed at him from the Belgaphor, He saw the Exia come after him.

'Perfect...'

"Well, it's surprising that you'd come face me on my best terrain, but no matter... your life ends here!" Zero made a charge at the Exia and fired it's hadron guns at the Gundam.

-Burai Team-

They did their best to dodge through the attacks, and one of them even got a clear shot at the belgaphor, which it took advantage of using it's bazooka, it fired off 4 rounds at the Gold and Silver Gundam.
Kylern

-Kylern-

His opening attack didn't get the same results he had been looking for... but oh well. Instead he catch glance of something coming after him personally. Maybe they thought the Belphagor was slow? He noticed the unit for what it was and laughed as it fired down onto his previous position. The imposing Gundam threw itself back as the beam machine-gun and arm gun tore through the ground as the Belphagor swung its longer clawed left arm around sending up a spray of sand into the air to cover the Gerbera Tetra.

"Sorry kid but I'll have to ask you to leave my home." Once the sand up up the enemy pilot would be shocked to see the next thing... 6 heat-wires shot through the screen trying to grab ahold of her machine-gun and cut it in half.

Off in the distance some silly little enemy unit came in hot with some bazooka shots. The Belphagor's recent dodge of the Tetra's attack allowed him to stay out of the line of fire and caused the shells to crash into the fortified positions. The poor Burai would then find itself side-swiped by a wire-guided remote weapon almost the size of it. The atomic scissor then clamped down to crush the Burai in one chomp.
Cybaster

-Kalen-

"Who do you think I am!?"

Kalen was not about to let the Belphagor completely overwhelm his vision, but it was too late --- under the cover of the sand, just before Kalen could boost over it, one of the Heat Wires found its mark on the Beam Machinegun and carved it into two, forcing Kalen to drop it as the gun exploded. Moving backwards, the Gerbera Tetra then landed some ways away from the Belphagor.

And began sidestrafing with a burst of bullets from the right hand machinegun, kicking up his own burst of sand to nullify Kylern's advantage.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Heh... I'm not going down without a fight Zero!" Zaine easily dodged the Hadron Shots and pushed forward with the Exia's GN Sword bearing down on the KMF.

-Rena-

Rena launched in the Saviour, and saw a group of KMFs looking around for something.

"Where do you think you're going?" She quickly turned her Amfortas Plasma Beam Cannons on the group, and fired them at the lead unit.
Last edited by Omega on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero

-Burai Team-

The group of KMF pilots tried to help their comrade, but were too late as the Burai that attacked the Belgaphor got crushed by it's attack... In a desire to avenge their comrade, the remaining four Burai charged the Belgaphor, all four firing Bazooka shells at the Overgrown Gundam.

-Gekka Team 2-

The Gekka moved in to assist Kalen, with their brake blades as a group of Akatsuki came to take over the Aroundight's defense. As the group of Gekka closed in readied their Brake Blades for a quick hack-job on the Belgaphor's arms.

-Zero-

"That won't work..." He easily dodged around the Blade and began to move for the surface. As he broke free of the water, he turned downwards and fired his Hadron Guns again at the Exia.
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

Inwardly, Kayla hummed gleefully to herself. This was simply too easy.

"Unfortunately... I'm afraid your Weisritter was lost into the hands of the DC. We were forced to abandon it, you see. But fear not... I suspect that they already have a more powerful unit for you waiting in the wings."

The two arrived at the hanger where the massive Cattleya held berth.

"Come. Let us be off."

With two great leaps, Kayla quickly scaled the Cattleya's side up to the open dorsal cockpit hatch. Tallis would find the means to ascend via a small elevator to the side of the massive armor in the meantime.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"The same as any other punk who pushes this war. I'll make sure you never leave this island." The Belphagor roared as its eyes glowed a blood red. Its heat-wires returned to it as the machine charged forth using its strike claws on the left arm to block the machine-gun rounds. The thick armor of the After War Gundams was enough to stop ballistic slugs for some time and once he got into range the right arm drew the large hyper beam sword from the left holster and slashed at the cloud of sand liquifying it on contact.

The atomic scissor returned to the Belphagor after crushing the poor Burai and readied itself for another attack. After he made his first slice through the sand without finding a target he moved back and readied to fire the beam guns in the scissors at the Tetra when it reappeared.

-Natalia-

Out of nowhere a Guarlion dove down on the Burai's attacking Kylern and drew her GN enhanced Assault blade. They would never see it as she tried to cut the first one in half from behind. She then pointed her rail-gun at the next nearest one and fired.

"You always seem to get into trouble Kylern! Get off your ass before they finish you off."

-Kylern-

The familar voice woke him up as he hadn't noticed the KMF's attacking him. Several bazooka shots hit the gundanium armored rear knocking him forward slightly. But he didn't got down... Instead he used his strike clawed arm to catch the small brake blade in the middle of the claws. Clenching down the Belphagor attempted to snap the weapon in half and grab the much smaller unit to crush.

His attention was split two ways as he was still using his right arm and the Hyper beam sword to check the Tetra should it strike too.

-DC Defense Forces-

Rallied to action Lions and Guarlion's rushed to contain the large amount of KMF's attacking. Barralions shelled the enemy from a distance while defense guns opened fire on the attacking enemy. The entire base was alive and ready to push back the enemy attackers.
Strike Zero

- Strike -

*sigh*

Strike slumped back in his pilot seat as he powered up the Delta's systems one by one. Weapons, engines, sensors... soon everything was good to go.

The young man chewed idly at his lip for several seconds.

"Strike Zero, taking off."

He slammed down on the throttle and the Delta Gundam rocketed out into the open blew sky and towards where the mighty battle between the Gundams and the Black Knights was fiercely brewing.

"Alright... come on..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.