Chapter 20: La chute du juste [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

Chapter 20: La chute du juste [Earth]

:!: :!:
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Wan Fey Lo

some distance from the Highwind, well out of sight of the other pair, GaoGaiGar stopped.

"This will do, allow me to create an appropriate battlefield..."

Wan didn't even need to respond, it didn't matter to him where or how they fought. Then GaoGaiGar raised it's left hand and the attached Dividing Driver skyward. "DIVIDING.... " and rushed towards the sea below. "DRIVAAAA!!!" The head of the Device contacted the surface of the sea and seemed to expend some kind of energy as it did.

In seconds, the Sea parted; a circular space 60 meters deep to the gray rock below and 175 meters wide. GaoGaiGar descended slowly into the pit as Gai Spoke again.

"In thirty minutes this space will close, by then, one or both of us will be dead, We'll fight hand to hand, no weapons whatsoever, the winner is the one who comes out alive."

GaoGaiGar landed on the rock and ejected the Spent Dividing Driver which bounced slightly on it's first landing the rolled a bit before coming to a stop. Wan meanwhile began his own descent the Weltall already unarmed.

"Agreed"

Weltall landed and assumed a fighting stance; GaoGaiGar aAssumed it's own fighting Stance. The two stared each other down; their gazes seeming to Pierce straight through the steel of their own and their opponent's mechs. Then the two charged each other....
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

-Bian-

That previous battle had caused pile ups of paper work and stress on everything including the leader of DC. Not only had they lost a Gundam but the Nova Prince had showed his face finally. Then there was that Emily kid that had shown some pretty threatening powers. Over all nothing was going right and Intell from space wasn't going any better. Fandom was getting stronger finally with the inclusion of some figures he hadn't dealt with in a long time.

An aid came in saying there was someone wanting to see him. When he asked who it was she said it was Jacob of the R&D team. He asked for the guy to be shown in. Once Jacob came in Bian tried to retain his typical stoic and leaderly aura. "What can I do to help you?"

-Nowe-

It had been days after the encounter with that crazy Drei pilot. He had spent those days doing his own training with a sword. It wasn't exactly graceful... but his style was forceful, aggressive, and overly violent. It was surprising to see someone like him cleaving through trees with what appeared to be a hand and half sword. Below his clothing were muscles powered by intensive training and drugs throughout his career. So while he didn't look imposing with the head set over his ears and the anime colored hair and eyes he was powerful.

He had to be ready next time he fought the Federation Gundams or the Innovators. Hell even DC would fall to his sword.

-Kylern-

The Belphagor was being loaded up into the Ceres with its pilot hanging outside stretching wide. He had finally got his Gundam but only after such horrible circumstances. Strike was still out of the game and not really in a condition to do much for the team.

He thought about it a bit and figured it was time for him to take charge of the Ceres team. He felt bad about deposing Strike Zero but the guy wasn't in mental or physical condition to keep things moving smoothly. He would have to talk to Ryker about it but he was sure he could get approval. With a Gundam down his would be more important to the war effort.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
hellbore

- Jacob -

"What can I do to help you?"

Moving in front of Bian's desk, Jacob noted the large stacks of paper covering it almost completely. Knowing the incident from the other day was likely the cause Jacob didn't waste much time.

"Sorry for interrupting, but I wont take up much of your time. I wish to request transfer to one of the active teams. I feel I could be doing more good out there while the Cerberus is still undergoing maintenance operations."

Jacob stood easily in front of the DC leader, but if Bian was sharp enough, he would notice that Jacob was holding back a barely visible anger.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Cybaster

-Lune, Emily and Morpheus-

Emily didn't get it --- What is that? "A Roleplayer?" o_O

"A Roleplayer, Emily Stormgunner, is the Gamer who plays with the game system, and the world setting, in the way the game is meant to be played." Morpheus continued, remaining calm and collected even after his dramatic reveal. Emily inwardly stared analytically at her CO; Did Morpheus' calm, assuring feeling have anything to do with this Roleplayer business? "Roleplaying is a power, a feeling from the heart --- it thrives on emotion, on attachment. It's a link between two hearts when a Gamer interacts with anyone. The stronger a heart feels for someone, or something, outside of him or herself, the more inner strength Roleplaying gives."

There was a bout of silence as both Emily and Lune stared at Morpheus with confused looks.

"Simply put, Lady Lune --- you know the old saying 'Love gives you wings'? This is quite similar to that. Say, having a crush on Masaki inspires you to fight harder for him, whether it is to show off or---"

"Morpheus!!!" Lune snapped, suddenly defensive; Her hands were on her cheeks, flustering. Emily snickered, hands covering her mouth.

"I stand corrected, Lady Lune. But the point is, Emily, Roleplayers draw strength from that; Be it other players or NPCs, a Roleplayer gains power from the strength of their attachments to their friends, the people around them. Interaction. Dialogue. Personalities and demeanors. The power of their beliefs, their background stories. Even an attachment to a place or setting, a reason to love and remember it. All of it contribute to giving the world around a Roleplayer substance, brightening the world and the people around them. When they see the setting in that way, as something worth defending, they naturally put more effort into defending that setting --- and they gain power in this manner, to triumph over obstacles." Morpheus pointed and jabbed at Emily's nose gently, causing her giggle and bringing her back to attentiveness. "That is the true power of the Gamer. The path that gives him or her substance, Emily."

Emily hummed to herself as she tilted her head about, trying to process what Morpheus just told her. "Is the Munchkin stronger or the Roleplayer stronger?"

"That would depend on the Munchkin and Roleplayer themselves, how much effort they put into their power." Morpheus sighed wistfully; he wanted Emily to have no delusions about the campaign revolving around her. Telling Emily that Roleplayers were always stronger in the end would be true, Morpheus knew, but that was not what Emily needed right now. What she needed right now was humility. "But even if the Roleplayer lost, he or she would've had lived their lives, fought their battles, knowing that the people around the Roleplayer liked him or her and were counting on them to win --- and live on for them. The Munchkin has no such luck; All he has to live for is the battle, the combat encounter. After that, when the campaign ended, what does a Munchkin have? Who would remember him for anything but stealing the spotlight?"

After a pause, Emily nodded understandingly.

"Take me, for example. Do you think my being stronger, faster, or more perceptive has anything do with my stats at all when I am technically an NPC, Emily?" Morpheus smiled smartly; Emily blinked. "My strength comes from my loyalty to Bian and Lune, to the DC, and you guys. I fight for them, and their vision inspires me to keep going stronger and faster when I need to be. But not even I can do everything myself; That is why I formed the Light Warriors, Emily. Because together, I know we can protect Lady Lune from anything. And I know you can, too, because I believe in you."

"...Thank...you, I guess..." Emily looked up, shuffled herself slightly towards the other side of the bed as she pushed some of the blanket off of her, and smiled. "Do you really think I can be a Roleplayer? Like you, Morpheus?"

"Of course you can. I'm counting on it, in fact."

And Emily's beaming smile nearly blinded the room, which caused Lune to giggle. Everything seemed alright now, indeed.

"Oh, that reminds me."

Suddenly, Morpheus stood up, next to the bed, and began reaching for something underneath his overcoat. Propping herself up onto her knees, Emily glanced at him beside Lune, still on the bed bouncing slightly. Emily blinked; Morpheus' look was almost bittersweet, as if reminiscing about something while looking for whatever he was searching for. "I will be honest with you, Emily --- You are not the first Stormgunner to end up in this world."

That one caused Emily to gawk at him in shock. Another of her relatives had been here before --- and she knew Morpheus? But who? "W-wha!?"

"What do you mean, Morpheus?" Lune asked, equally confused.

"Two years ago, when this war began, another with the Stormgunner surname was pulled into this world --- I wasn't sure that you were related to her before, but now I am, looking at you like this. I'm wondering if you remember her, Emily...moderate, wavy auburn hair, goes down to her shoulders, wild-looking brown eyes, pair of green jade earrings. A lovely woman, Emily --- free-spirited, though, liked to travel a lot---"

Then Emily had a clear idea of who Morpheus was talking about...and she couldn't believe it. Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, Emily stood up, walked forward, and took a hold of Morpheus' overcoat tails while shivering. It couldn't be true --- it was so confusing on so many levels because the last time Emily saw her was... "That's...that's...

"That's Aunt Stella! The last time I saw her was a year ago! Morpheus...she ended up here!?"

Morpheus nodded wistfully. "The early dimensional portals did not have time alignments. We still don't. So what could be two years here could be only one back in your world, Emily."

Emily slumped onto the bed again, sitting onto it. "...What did she do here, Morpheus?"

"Your aunt Stella, Emily, was a great Roleplayer Knight --- one that surpassed me by leaps and bounds." Morpheus smiled. He was still looking. "Eager to learn, and quick at it. Give her a book and she'll memorize it in hours --- but she never liked reading much. Preferred the hands-on, to learn as she went. And as such she was a great pilot, too. I can see that you've definitely inherited that from Stella." Morpheus paused, as did Emily, who faintly smiled at the memory; That definitely sounded like her Aunt Stella. Emily's parents never liked Stella much for some reason, though; Called Stella a 'hippie', 'drifter', and 'fantasy nut', and Stella was always on the road, travelling as a musician. Even before this, Emily rarely saw her. But... "She was an avid traveller, too...and she was a good friend, Emily. One of the few that I've been proud to call as one."

"She liked D&D, too, Morpheus." There was an uneasy pause. Emily looked up into Morpheus' eyes. Although not teary, her eyes were sad --- she rarely saw Aunt Stella, but the few times Emily did Stella had been very nice to her. But above all...Emily snapped awake. Was that why she was pulled through the portal, too --- because of Aunt Stella being a D&Der? "How...how did Aunt Stella die?"

"So you can sense it. I'm sorry, Emily...I should've told you earlier." Morpheus' hand stopped moving, lowering his head. "Remember when I said that I haven't heard the Nova Prince's name for a long time back during the meeting?"

Emily nodded, immediately not liking where Morpheus was...

"...Your Aunt Stella tried to assassinate him. When she couldn't win, she killed herself rather than let the Nova Prince take her prisoner."

Silence.

"For her, I'll do my best to guide you, Emily. Which reminds me." Finally, as Morpheus took a deep breath and raised his head, his right hand finally slipped out of his robes --- revealing a silver-colored, cylindrical-like machine that looked like a cross between a Relay Baton and a Thermal Grenade in his hand. One of its ends was smoothed, but the other had a circular, protruding hole on it. "Your Aunt Stella wanted you to have this if you ever ended up in this world, but at first I wouldn't allow it --- I didn't want to, unless it became absolutely necessary. But with the Fandom starting to gain a hint on how important you and Lune are, I think it might help you."

As Morpheus then handed the cylinder to Emily, who took it into her small hands, Emily stared at it in awe --- there was some untold power welling from it. As Emily flipped it around, she noticed a small red button on the middle of the cylinder --- and Morpheus suddenly sweatdropped as he lunged forward, took the cylinder from Emily's hands again, and flipped it back to the other side before pressing it back in Emily's hands again. "Always point it this way, Emily."

"Okaaaaay..." Blink. Blink. "What is it?"

And Morpheus nodded as he backed away from Emily. "Your Aunt Stella's Lightsaber, Emily."

"No. Way." Lune moaned, rolling her eyes. This was surreal. Morpheus simply nodded.

"Indeed it is. This, Emily, was the favored weapon of the Roleplayer Knights of fifty years ago..." Morpheus explained, as Emily flicked the cylinder around in mock sword swings, trying to get the feel of this Lightsaber. Awesome, Emily thought --- she knew Star Wars, yes, and she knew what a Lightsaber was, and her owning one would be pretty cool --- but was it real? Emily shrugged, glancing at the button (and forcing Morpheus to flip it around again in Emily's hands); only one way to find out. "Not as clumsy or random as a blaster..."

VEEEEEYAAAAAAAAA!

In a bright flash of purple light as Emily pushed the button, a long, bright beam of purple-colored energy shot out of the hole and cohered into a fine blade of light, one similar to a Beam Saber's plasma blade. Lune leaned back in surprise, shuffling towards the edge of the bed lest Emily accidentally cut her head off. "...Or as crude and inprecise as a Beam Saber." At that, Emily began swinging the Lightsaber around, the blade atomizing the air and making SWOOSHing sounds with each movement. Morpheus nodded. It was done. "An elegant weapon, Emily...for a considerably less civilized age."

I don't think the script went like that, Lune thought to herself.

"For over thirty years, the Roleplayer Knights had been the guardians of the Federation from supernatural threats that the people of the Earth Sphere cannot fathom or understand --- the threats that normal means cannot fight without massive casualties. That, Emily, was before the dark times..." As Emily pressed the button again, switching off the Lightsaber with a slurping sound, Morpheus' expression darkened as he remembered that dark time in history. "...Before SNRI's Order 86."

Emily blinked. "Order...86?"

"It's a simple order, really, not nearly as contrived as you think." Morpheus shrugged at that, laughing mirthlessly. "...Any Roleplayer Knights the Federation found were promptly '86'd'. That was all there was to it."

"86? What happened to 42?"

"It's much more dramatic for the Federation that way to '86' any Roleplayer Knights they found. To '42' or '66' them doesn't sound nearly as infamous, it seems." Morpheus shrugged. "People generally like to '86' someone when they really hate them."

Emily ._.'d. "...Oh."

Silence.

"Morpheus..." Emily finally said, bringing the words of earlier together, bringing all she had felt into one feeling in her heart. She glanced around. Lune, with her direct, unscheming smile and brightness; Kirie, who steals her XP; Morpheus, who suddenly seems a lot less one-dimensional than before and Emily now feels trust for, knowing he wants her to thrive as well; And even her Aunt Stella, through her Lightsaber. The way of the Munchkin and the way of the Roleplayer...who was right? Was this what Aunt Stella would want of Emily? As Emily finally turned back to Morpheus, she lowered her head wistfully; Lune stood up, looking concerned. "...Do you really think I can do it? Be a Roleplayer, I mean? One that's just as powerful as Aunt Stella was?"

Both Lune and Morpheus' hands on Emily's shoulders brightened and lifted her heart, and Emily looked up at both of them. Somehow, she really wanted to believe that everything would be alright --- and looking back at Lune and Morpheus, Emily felt for once that she really could. "Of course you can. I'll help you however I can, and you're already on your way there, with what you feel now.

"Now, Emily, is just another first step into a larger world."

The DM's in his best game, all's well with the campaign. Perhaps, Emily grinned, she could believe it after all.

Provided, of course, she doesn't get 86'd.
Last edited by Cybaster on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

Ever since they had returned back to Aidoneus Island Zangetsu had been either in his quarters sleeping for a couple of hours or in the simulators training. Right now he was finishing up another simulation depicting his Wing Gundam Kai versus some GNX-IIIs. As he finished the last one Zangetsu stepped out of the simulator, but he didn't feel like going back to his room. Instead he went trough the hangar, noting the new Gundam Belphagor, and onto the flight deck. All he did was walk to the middle of it and sit staring up at the sky.

-Zaraki-

He had finished setting up his new apperance. Now he wore a long tourn up white duster over his uniform. Zaraki also spiked his brown hair up and back. With this he was sure no one would mistake him for that fool Zangetsu again.
chiku_shou

-Nena Trinity-

Meeting up with her brother in the mess-hall, Nena had as usual complained about the food. The sweet and sour sauce wasn't sweet, and the rice was too dry. Despite what Nowe might have expected she hadn't told Johann about what had happened. The Haro also kept it's mouth shut for once and the older Trinity had been less the wiser not knowing the full extent of what had happened.

Several days later Johann and his sister were burning some of their excess energy in the base gym. It was a large facility built to hold as many as two hundred people at any given time, but Nena had early on zoned out everyone else except her brother. The only one in the world that mattered was Johann after all.

"I think that is enough for now Nena. Lets take a break and have some water, then we can do some situps for awhile instead." Johann told his sister from behind the punching-bag he had been holding for her. Target practice was far from the only thing the Trinity siblings did to stay in shape. Between missions the siblings usually spent their time either in the gym practicing kickboxing or some other form of martial arts or they could be found doing combat simulations in their Thrones. Staying physically fit was as important as staying mentally healthy if you wanted to survive in the military.
Kylern

-Kylern-

He had watched Zangetsu walk by and head up to the deck for some reason. So with nothing better to do he followed and walked up there as well. His Gundam was in place and the ship was still going through repairs, especially to the main bow gun.

"Hey man you doing alright?" He asked curious on the state the others were in right now. They had all been closer to that kid then he had so he felt it was his job right now to try and bring everyone back to reality. "Repairs seem to be going good. This big lady will be at sea again in no time flat." He tried to smile hoping it wouldn't backfire on him.
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

He turned his head alittle and was surprised to find Kylern. "I'm as fine as can be expected. I lost a friend, to me that is unaceptable. I've been putting long hours in the sims to try and get stronger. I don't know if it will be enough, though. Sometimes I think that it would be better if I was more like Zaraki."

Zangetsu said as he stood and turned himself to face Kylern. "But one thing keeps comming to my mind everytime I'm down like this. Nobody's all powerful... you can't keep everyone safe all the time... you can only do the best you can. I have kept these word close, closer now after Xiu's death. I really owe Stellar for it, without it I would've lost my mind by now."

Zangetsu started to put on a weak smile. "To know we'll be off soon is nice to know though. By the way, congradulations on the Belphagor. It's a powerful gundam that will help us out trmendously."
Omega

-Zaine-

Seeing an opening, Zaine made the first move.

He ducked under Zero's blade, and aimed a powerful uppercut at Zero's chin, hoping to knock the mask clean off.
Nero

(Seeing as how you're going for the mask already...)
-Lelouch-

Zaine's uppercut being unexpected, the mask of Zero was completely removed by the punch. It also delivered a decent blow to Lelouch's chin, sending him backwards.

"Not bad Zaine... still haven't lost your touch."

He got back up after that, and brought his gaze to meet the young warrior.

"I see you're still as fiery as ever... it's been a year since that day hasn't it?"
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Omega

-Zaine-

At first Zero's words confused Zaine, but then he recognized the man standing there by the scar over his left eye... "Lelouch? but... how could you still be alive? I killed you a year ago!"

He was certainly in disbelief over seeing the man behind that rebellion here...

"... Now I get it, you killed Tallis to get even with me for stopping you then!"
Nero

-Lelouch-

"You almost killed me... I was teetering between life and death because of you... But I survived... and while I did respect you for defeating me, I also despised you for bringing absolute shame to my family..."

Lelouch's head came down because of those last few words...

"Therefore, I swore to defeat you and bring honor back to my family!"

Then, three clouds of smoke appeared, and out of one raced a familiar sigil towards Zaine.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

Kylern listened and let Zangetsu speak his little thing about protecting and what not. It seemed so cliche but he dealt with it and kept on a smile to show he cared. But when the conversation came to his gundam a different smile took place.

"I'm hoping it will do more than help. With it I'll be able to decimate these powerful Newtypes the enemy are bringing to the battlefield. After all its more than just powerful, its a counter to our biggest obstacle." He also figured it would be a counter to the other growing forces that could threaten everyone within this group too. Namely his eyes were going to be kept on Emily and her growing powers. If she was able to do what he suspected then she might prove a threat to everyone.

"For now just relax and get your mind straight. We don't have an operation in plan yet and you'll do nobody any good going to battle now." They were all going to have a hard time. One leader was lost and a second couldn't be relied on at this point. And with Gai and Zaine gone on their wild little chase this base was going to be lacking if the enemy attacked.
Zangetsu

"Thanks Kylern. I'll be out here relaxing if anyone needs me." Zangetsu said as he turned and walked farther out and watched the sky. 'Peaceful moments like this help put my mind at ease and that'll help me to think.' he thought as he watch the clouds move.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"Not sure how you can relax here with all the repairs going on with this ship. Its rather noisy." The Ceres was having armor replaced, hammering was going on, and it was over all just plain loud in this hangar. How anyone could relax here was beyond him.

"Bit if you say so I won't argue with you." He figured this guy didn't want any more interference and shrugged his shoulders. There was no need for him to hang around anymore it seemed.

He walked away hands in his pocket to find something else to do.
Omega

(Fine...)
-Zaine-

He watched as the sigil met and disoriented him...

'Damn... This trick again...'

He watched as the three clouds of smoke became nine...

'If it's like before, then only three of them are real... just gotta get the right one.'

Despite that, he took a defensive stance, and prepared for the coming blows.
Nero

-Lelouch-

Once the smoke clouds disintegrated, he made his charge, followed by his doppelgangers, and to Zaine, this appeared as though nine copies of Lelouch appeared and charged him, swords ready to cut him to ribbons.

Once within reach, the dance of death began...
Omega

(You did okay this hit call)
-Zaine-

He dodged the blows as best he could, but they still connected, though his dodging around minimized the damage done, giving him little more than cuts across his body.

However, he saw an opening... reaching for what he hoped was a doppelganger, he grabbed it's metallic throat... and pulled it close, took it's sword, and used it to catapult above the rest of the attack as Lelouch would soon realize he cut his own doppelganger to ribbons.

Zaine landed on the ground nearby, and made on final charge at Lelouch...
"This ends here! And this time, you will not rise again!!!"
Nero

-Lelouch-

After realizing that his attack had shredded a doppelganger, he turned when Zaine called out to him, meaning this was going to be the decisive blow...

he raised his sword and charged Zaine... But made no attempt to evade the blade, it would pierce him, and his would pierce Zaine if he did nothing to evade.

(Up to you how it resolves, bro)