Chapter 20: La chute du juste [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai got the message as though it was spoken loud and clear; It hit him like a ton of bricks. 'All this and she's dead?' Gai roared in anger as his fist hit one of the inactive consoles as Zaine was carried out of the hanger.

"WHY!? What did she ever do to deserve this fate? Why did Zer-"

Gai caught himself mid-sentence 'Zero? wait...' Maybe he was just looking for some kind of hope but he grabbed greedily at the thought as little comfort as it gave him.

-Transport-

In the middle of requesting landing permission, Medical Assistance and Ground crews thew transport was hailed by a patrolling Guarlion. a few seconds later the transport responded.

"Negative Lt. I believe we have everything under control but thank you for the offer."

just as a standard procedure the Vessel transmitted current codes and the official permissions associated with it's earlier mission to the Gaurlion so they wouldn't be mistaken for an enemy.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

- Nova Prince -

"I understand," came the Nova Prince's simple reply.

“You are as wise and informed as I have previously observed, Morpheus. Truly you have seen through all of the failings of Elya Aizen. But... there is one item amongst your observations that remains overlooked... or rather, misjudged. And that is our 'failing' is not a failing at all."

At this, the Prince gave pause that Morpheus might stop to comprehend.

"It is not that I had ‘failed’ to release the centers of Elya and myself. Merely… it was an occurrence that I simply did not allow it to happen. Not only do I find the thought of sharing my soul in its entirety with such a petty existence utterly distasteful… there was simply nothing of value that could be gained from forming such a bond.”

Slowly, the Prince shook his head from left to right.

“Do you honestly believe that even if Elya had awakened to her full self, she would have been able to succeeded against the Gundams? No. No matter how much power she may have gained, Xing Xiu, who had herself achieved the Unity of Rings through the love for her friends and allies, would have been able to match and overcome her. She and her mission were both doomed from the very beginning.”

Had it been visible, Morpheus would have witnessed a wide smirk form across the Prince’s face.

“No… Elya proved her usefulness in another fashion… as bait.”

There was a thunderous rumble that seemed to fill the air surrounding the present three, and the fog was inexplicably and suddenly lifted, vanishing into nothing but wispy, shimmering trails. A vast and encompassing blood-red sky and horizon patched with dark clouds were revealed, and Morpheus and the Nova Prince would find themselves standing upon a black stone surface that expanded as far as either of them could see.

“The instant you passed your mind into my reach, Morpheus, your fate was sealed. This domain belongs to I and I alone… and I reign complete dominion over it. You cannot leave this place.”

The Nova Prince was channeling his mental energy, the “domain” being a visual representation of the barrier in which he had trapped Morpheus’ consciousness. Morpheus could try as hard as he liked, but there was now no way for him to break the link between his and the Prince’s minds save destroying the man’s own dark soul outright.

The masked monster of a man started forward.

“For too long you have existed as a threat for everything that I stand for. You must be eliminated before long… and if the sacrifice of one of my underlings was all that it requires…”

Silver lightning flashed in the distance as the Prince offered a low chuckle.

“Well… you know what they say about ‘pawns’, do you not?”

The Prince extended and offered a gauntlet to Morpheus.

“Come. Let us have a battle of souls. Only then shall we determine whose truly stands above all else.”

The Prince’s hand spun once and he now faced an open palm in Morpheus’ direction. Then, channeling the great reserves of his psychic energy, he launched a great wave built of a powerful and unseen force in the dark-cloaked man’s direction that distorted the very air between them.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
hellbore

- Aidoneous Island -
- Jacob -

Saluting smartly Jacob thanked Bian and quickly left the office. He quickly made his way to the Wildwuerger and begun making arrangement to have it moved to the Ceres.

----------------
((Here you go chiku. Be advised that I'm probably on a radically different time zone from you))

- Hawaii -
- Practice Team -

Having finished up with their tasks in Captain Eljas' force, the three young men from the practice team entered the gym wearing light clothes suitable for physical activity. Seeing the Trinities already there, the three gave them sidelong glances that revealed the their hostility to the lackeys of Raven Sterling.

They began to train up, keeping their strength and endurance up for the demanding task of piloting mobile suits. They kept sending glances the Trinity siblings way.

))Take it away Chiku((
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

"Even a pawn can become a Queen once it breaks through its purpose," Morpheus, at that...nodded. "In that sense...let's put our theories to the test here as well."

As the Nova Prince's hand surged forward to press the energy home, Morpheus suddenly spun right in an unorthodox way; His left elbow, swinging backwards, blocked at the side of the Prince's arm, deflecting and sidestepping the burst of energy right at the source, and as Morpheus kept moving in very close quarters with the Nova Prince, his right elbow swung as well as the DC operative moved behind him --- his entire arm starting to glow with a bright green light as it became charged with the power of Morpheus' belief --- to elbow the Nova Prince in the flat of his back.

Following up, Morpheus spun again, moving low and underneath the Nova Prince's left side...and he suddenly rolled, pointing both arms outwards. As the same green light began coalescing around the palms of Morpheus' hands, he smirked --- those arms were not pointed at the Nova Prince.

They were pointed at the crucifix that bound Elya Aizen.

"Elya Aizen!" Morpheus cried out defiantly, his voice booming across the plains that was his battleground with the Nova Prince, a voice of a Roleplayer to inspire hope. The green light around his hands converged, became a mass of semi-coherent letters, and took form into two pistols --- which Morpheus then fired, blasting at the chains around Elya without hitting her. The diamond-like bullets streaked through the space between them in small, trailing ripples. "Wake up! Show me the might with which you struggled against the Nova Prince for your freedom, the reason for which you fought to thrive! Reveal to me what even the Prince had failed to control --- reveal to me..."

Releasing Elya from her restraints would only be part of the solution, undoubtedly --- the other half would be up to Elya's consciousness herself, and if Morpheus was successful, it would prove a point to the Nova Prince about what he had told him. "...Your Center of All!"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Nero

-Lelouch-

The Highwind soon returned to Hawaii without any trouble, and lelouch was taken to the Base's medical ward.

He did however, leave his sword with the researchers aboard with this one order. "Use the DNA on the blade to create a way to preserve her false memories... and dispose of the rest of the DNA Samples when you're done." He knew that Kayla had likely finished rewriting Tallis' memories by now... but remembered the two points of interest in the program... one was the reason it's illegal, and it's one glaring flaw that could be exploited to restore her.

The Black Knight's leader was soon sedated so the doctors could begin closing his wound without causing him pain.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Omega

(Srry if i'm moving ahead of anyone)
-Zaine-

On the way to the infirmary, Zaine passed out.

For a few moments the image of a crystal appeared to him, and there seemed to be something inside it, but he couldn't figure out it's meaning before it faded as quickly as it came... The next time he wakes, will be in the Medical Ward on Aidoneus.

There... he took a vow. "Lelouch... the next time we meet... I'll kill you for what you did to Tallis."
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

After he had finished relaxing he decided to walk around the base. When he passed the infirmary he heard Zane. "So I take it your mission falied and from your anger I assume Tallis is gone." said Zangetsu as he entered the room.

"Your beat up, this Zero can abviously fight you on a even plain. You'll have to become stronger to defeat him." he pulled up a chair and sat down. He felt sorry that they'd lost someone else, but Kylern was right mopping wouldn't help. "Wan't some help?"
Omega

-Zaine-

Zangetsu walked in and brought up the defeat they suffered. "Yeah... She's gone... Zero killed her." Then the injuries, and the statement that Zero could fight him on an even level. "I doubt i could do it on my own..."

Then Zangetsu's offer for help. "Huh? Sure... but i'm certain they won't let me out unless there's someone on the base that could heal wounds without needing medical equipment..."
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

"Zanie have you forgotten about Rena she can heal you. The medical team will probably call her in to finish healing you." Zangetsu said. "Also we'll focus on your newtype powers so we can start a little before she gets here. Tell me what do you know of newtypes and their powers?"
Omega

-Zaine-

At first he seemed confused, but figured that there was such a girl... "Huh... Never met her before."

Then Zangetsu turned the conversation towards helping Zaine become stronger by furthering his newtype abilities...

"There's a lot I don't understand about newtypes... but i've heard that people that are newtypes have enhanced awareness, and are capable of doing things normal people can't..."
Last edited by Omega on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

"That a bit is correct but, it goes much further. As newtype we can notice other peoples feelings. This can help in battle by knowing when an enemy will attack. Also we are alowed greater control over our own suits through the use of systems like the psycommu or the T-Link. We can also attack others' minds with these powers." he said as he aused before continuing.

"What you need to focus on Zaine is using your newtype powers to read others. I don't mean to teach you this so you can just pry into others lives but, to alow you better reaction time versus your opponent. Like against Elya I was able to feel were she was comming from and thus better able to dodge her. This does put you at risk against others who can use these powers but, will work on your defence later." Adding another pause to these words.

"Strecth out with your mind and tell me what you feel."
Omega

-Zaine-

He closed his eyes and did as Zangetsu asked, unsure of what to look for.

"...I can feel concern near me... Likely those doctors; then there's..." He paused for a moment to try and focus in on this other feeling... "Honesty and a desire to help others... That's you..." Then he noticed another feeling that he couldn't describe... "There's another feeling nearby... I can't quite describe it... but it feels like anger."
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai remained in the Weltall both to hide the fact he was in a fandom uniform and assist the Ground crews in moving the machines. He felt a pang a guilt when the battered GaoGaiGar was taken away and a definite sadness when The Weisritter followed.

Once all was done Gai returned to the Valhalla where he asked for and received a change of clothes. He had to wave away dozens of questions from baffled scientists on his way out.

His first duty was to report on how the mission had gone; He didn't look forward to that. Gai made his way to bin's office an knocked.

"Sir this is Night Chaser; here to deliver a report on this recent mission."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Rena-

Soon, word of a young pilot needing medical treatment came in, and she began to head for the infirmary after taking a moment to make herself decent.

-Lucia-

She then hurried to find Rosy, seeming much more alive than usual and found her quarry, looking rather bored. "If I recall... Don't I owe you a sparring match?" Lucia asked to get Rosy's attention.

"And before you say anything, I've already eaten." She spoke up in case Rosy decided to bring that up.
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

"Good. You have got an understanding of how to do this. That saves me the trouble of trying to explain it all. I honestly wouldn't have known where to begin. Any who, do you recognize where the anger is comming from?" said Zangetsu as he too reached out and tried to find it.
Omega

-Zaine-

He focused a bit more in an effort to find it... "Almost... ? It's coming from..." He paused for a moment and it seemed as though the anger was coming from him, yet he wasn't mad.

"That fox... I guess it's time I confront the beast."
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

Zangetsu felt it too. "Hold on Zaine you are in no condition to pick a fight with anything. You should wait until Rena gets here and fixes you up." The thought of Zaine fighting as battered as he was, it didn't provoke confidence. "I can't help with this fox. He is your daemon as Zaraki is mine. However I can give you some advice. No matter what it says never give up your self. While I'm here I'll make sure you don't go too crazy."
Omega

-Zaine/Rena-

"Thanks." Zaine said.

Rena showed up about that time, though she still had the brace.

She looked around and soon her gaze came to rest on Zaine, who looked like he got thrown in an oversized blender and came out in one piece by sheer dumb luck.

"Hold on for a moment..." She walked over to the pilot, and examined him, then placed her palms on him followed by the healing effects...

"There... good as new." Rena said. After a moment, she backed away, half expecting him to get up, though Zaine did something else entirely... He soon fell backwards and seemed to pass out... Zangetsu could tell that Zaine would soon be facing his inner demon before the battle began...
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

"Thanks Rena, he is fine just worn out from his trip. I'll stay and keep an eye on him why don't you go see what Kylern is up to or something." he said as he tried to hurry her out of the room. 'Come on if things get crazy I need to make sure I'm the only one in danger.' After she left he locked the door and stood against it preparing for the worst case seanario. "Zaine, good luck."
Kylern

-Natalia-

She had been brushed off by the transport and just made sure it landed alright. Her machine circled the island once before landing in her designated hangar. She had been separated from the other group to prevent more conflict and it was fine by her. She liked the new group she had been hanging with and didn't have to deal with units that made her look like cannon fodder. These people were her level and all piloted Guarlions as well.

-Kylern-

He watched Zangetsu walk away leaving him hanging out alone again. Not that it bothered him anymore. He was use to hanging out on his own... So resting his arms against the railing he stared out at the ocean wondering what he was going to do next.

-Bian-

The last man had left and there was another person wanting to see him. The secretary said it was Gai at the door and wanted to give a report. Bian looked down at the paperwork and saw that there was a hastely organized operation involving Gai and the pilot of the Exia.

Bian told her to send him in. And once Gai entered the room the DC leader watched him. "What do you need?" He asked really more concerned about other things then this little detour. They had a dead Gundam pilot, and intell that some interesting figures from Fandom had arrived in the Earth Sphere. Then there was the Lunar mess going on. A missing girl in a love triangle was the least of his worries.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG