Chapter 20: La chute du juste [Earth]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

- Nova Prince -

As Morpheus moved, the Prince followed. When the shadowy man skirted about and struck at the Prince's back, the Prince spun, his dark cape swirling around him, and simply slapped the blow away with another emission of his power. However, when Morpheus diverted his focus towards the bound Elya Aizen, the Prince merely took a step backward to observe. One by one, Morpheus shot at the shimmering chains that held the young girl bound to her stone, rending them into tiny fragments. As the chains fell away, however, Elya did not follow suit. Her form was suddenly surrounded by a luminous violet aura. This was the final bond that the Prince held over her spirit, and one that Morpheus could not shatter through force alone; this bond could only be broken by Elya's force of will.

The Prince allowed a brief pause to see whether or not Morpheus' words had reached the former Knight. At first, no visible response could be seen from Elya's form.

But then...

"...I..."

The sound was barely audible, no louder than a whisper. But there it was.

The young girl stirred, tilting her head up just slightly. Slowly, she blinked her hazy eyes once.

"I..." she said again, louder this time.

She blinked again, her eyes became clearer.

The Nova Prince did not move, but looked on and waited. Waited to see if Elya could indeed raise her spirit and break free from his grasp, to see whether or not she would achieve that which he’d known from the beginning she was capable of.

Elya drew in a quick breath.

"I...!"

The blue aura wavered just a bit. Flickered.

She straightened herself upright and her gaze leveled. Leveled at the man who had channeled his mind all the way here to bring her back… at the dark man who she had dedicated herself to serving for so long. For a moment, she hesitated. Defy her Prince? The man whose darkness knew no bounds? Unthinkable.

But in that moment when the Prince had stolen her soul away from her, she had learned something about herself. She learned that she truly valued nobody. Nobody… save herself… and her own free will. And in that moment when Morpheus spoke out to her, she found those words had spurred a type of courage and determination that she never knew she had. Her will was her own. She would not let anybody trample over it. Not her parents one year ago... not any of her enemies...

And right here... right now... not the Nova Prince.

"I... won't... let... you... have... me!" she forced out.

In that moment, something incredible happened. Elya herself began to glow, not with the violet light that surrounded her but a piercing magenta that seemed to slice through the very air around her.

She gave a great and strangled cry. There was a crack of lightning, a brilliant flash, and the field of violet scattered into a hundred tiny particles light, flying in all directions before slowing and drifting down towards the stone floor. Elya herself descended slowly to the ground and landed on her feet. She found that she didn't have the strength to stand and quickly collapsed down on all fours.

For several seconds, nobody moved. Then, the Prince's voice rang out.

"Most impressive, Elya" he said, a hint of approval painting his tone.

Elya looked up and grinned at the two men, undoubtedly feeling a surge of pride at her accomplishment.

"I fear, however, that it is all for naught..."

The Prince extended a gauntlet and cupped it, seeming to grasp at something that wasn't there. Elya's eyes, however, widened and her hands flew to her throat. Her body was yanked upward to its knees, dragged upward by an unseen force, and several gagging noises escaped her. The Prince was apparently using his powers to choke the young girl.

"...for neither of you will be leaving this realm alive."

While keeping his firm hold on Elya, the Prince spun about and used his other hand to launch a second invisible blast down at Morpheus, one powerful enough to shatter the very ground he stood on.

- Rosy -

The young brown-haired girl gave a big yawn.

"Sorry... I'm kinda tired right now..." she said, smacking her lips. She paused, thinking, then jabbed a finger over her shoulder. "Why don't you try fighting Lily? I think she's been wanting to get a work out since our last mission.

The pale-haired girl looked up at her two comrades, then nodded. Without another word or even waiting for Lucia's okay, she marched over to where her Striker Unit was stored, jumped up and slipped into them. A luminous glow overtook her body as the twin machines powered up. To her right, a weapons rack rose out of a compartment on the ground and Lucia selected for herself a modified version of the PGM Hecate II, its stock having been shortened to accommodate her tiny arms.

"Don't worry," Rosy said, reclining on the bench she rested on, "she only uses paint bullets in training, so even if you get hit they won't kill you. They're pretty big though, so they still hurt like a son-of-a-gun if you get hit. Heh... one time, she hit me in a pretty nasty place -- didn't work quite right after that for about a week--"

A deafening roar filled the hanger as the hatch opened and Lily's Striker Unit reached maximum thrust. She shot out through the exit like a bullet, leaving nothing but jetstream in her wake.

"Uh-oh... you better get out there before she finds a place to hide," Rosy warned. "She likes to stick to the clouds and stuff, you know?"
Last edited by Strike Zero on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Rena-

She seemed shocked as Zangetsu shoved her out of the room... "Um... Okay..." She decided to head for the port...

-Zaine/Ninetails-

He soon located his quarry... "Found you." The fox turned to face Zaine...

"So you've come to give in have you? I did tell you that you had no power..."

"That's got something to do with why I'm here... you're a part of me... which means I should have access to your power; but I don't... I'm here to change that!"

The fox let out a powerful roar, which not only zaine would feel, but at this point, it's roar could be heard by all the newtypes on Aidoneus that weren't distracted by something as Zaine fell to his knees, seemingly stunned by the roar.

(I'll get this overwith before I start the fight between Zaine and Ninetails)
-Lucia-

She quickly donned her striker units, grabbed her katanas, and high-tailed it out there, right after Lily.

"You can make the first move." She held steady for a moment after that.
Last edited by Omega on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

The after roar washed over him he went to a defensive stance. "That sounded bad." he said. "I hope you are all right Zaine. I don't want to have to fight yah."
Sume Gai

((so not Bian))
Sume Gai

Gai entered and saluted smartly; Bian had been one of the people who cleared the mission so it was only right that Gai make the report to him.

"I'm sorry to say; it seems we failed in the Recovery of Tallis Stenner." Gai went on to describe his end of the battle though avoiding any detailed descriptions of either the transformed Weltall or Wan himself as he concluded he told the doctor about what he could surmise about Zaine's duel.

"My guess is that Zero is either dead or, at the least, incapacitated for the moment." Now it came to the hard part of the report "Zaine has informed me that Zero killed Tallis, however...." Gai hesitated for a second unsure of whether his suspicion was worth mentioning, then, deciding it couldn't hurt. "... I'm not so sure of that. From his transmission three days ago it seems that someone else took Tallis from his custody leaving me to wonder if he could have killed her."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine vs. Ninetails(First Half)-

However, Zaine would not be overcome that easily. He soon rose to his feet, as though he was unaffected by the roar.

The beast then brought up a circle of flames surrounding them as the battle began... where Ninetails made the first move, by sending it's right claw out to grab Zaine. He dodged it, and charged in, aiming a vicious uppercut at the beast's jaw which, connected, and unsteadied the beast... or so he hoped as Ninetails retaliated by bringing the left claw down across Zaine's face leaving a scar there, at least across Zaine's mental self.

In the real world a bruise formed on his face where the scar was.

Then Ninetails pinned Zaine to the ground as he brought back his right claw and this time, caught the boy as he raised it and slammed him into the ground, keeping the pressure on him.
Strike Zero

- Lily -

The young girl had taken position high above the Artemis and Lucia, nearly a quarter a mile away from her quarry. Wind whipped every which way, but Lily didn't seemed phased in the least -- she stoically fixed Lucia between the cross hairs of her rifle's scope.

"Aim and fire," she whispered.

She drew in a quick breath, held it, then fired, directing the first of her shots at the left side of Lucia's chest.
Omega

-Lucia-

A "!" formed over Lucia's head as the sounds of gunshots alerted her to the shots fired allowing her to dodge them, and for a moment, looked confused, but quickly turned her head upwards and located Lily...

"Good aim... better than before..." She quickly darted upwards after Lily, and stayed nimble, to make a difficult target as she closed the gap. while doing so, she sheathed one katana, and held out her hand... five spheres of water rose up from the ocean, and went to the young witch's side, as she then sent them at her opponent one after the other.
Last edited by Omega on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

There was no time to add his comments to the phenomenon for just as soon as Elya broke free of her chains, the Nova Prince moved; One hand moved to choke Elya --- here, in the realm of mind, of belief, such was possible indeed --- while the other lanced out again, sending a 'ground'-shattering blast at his kneeling form. The Nova Prince's power was immense and, had his opponents been amateurs, this would've probably been cause for surrender...and death.

But Morpheus was no ordinary opponent, and what he had seen of Elya proved his point: Not even the Nova Prince himself was capable of eradicating her focal point, her Center of All. And that made Morpheus believe that, despite the Prince's power, his own Unity had not been achieved. Yet. This firmly made Morpheus believe, as well, that the Nova Prince was not invincible.

Often, the power of belief is enough.

Morpheus dropped both his pistols, which disappeared in the same green lettering and light that they took form with, and twisted out of the way of the Prince's second blast by sidestepping and moving his body horizontally left, the side end of the blast grazing and washing over his body while blasting the ground where Morpheus stood. Even though it was a grazing blow, Morpheus felt his essense scorching where the shockwave passed by, sending a burst of pain washing by him. Even as his vision swam momentarily with the force of the blow, however, Morpheus continued to move and push himself, seemingly undaunted as his vision returned in a split second.

"Then I'll see if your malicious intent can overwhelm me!"

Suddenly, as Morpheus now stopped only inches away from the Nova Prince, his left hand extended backwards and his outstretched palm pointed towards Elya; It then lit briefly before sending a powerful, continuous blast of ionizing blue lightning out from the palm and at the invisible threads tugging at Elya, Morpheus' own willpower attempting to disrupt the Prince's chokehold on her neck. At the same time, Morpheus' right arm raised upwards and swung at the Prince's head --- and an orange-colored Lightsaber, held backhand, lit in Morpheus' hand and made a swooshing sound as he pushed upwards, to try to bring the Lightsaber blade into the Prince's own neck in retort.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike Zero

- Nova Prince -

The instant before Morpheus launched his attack, the Prince jerked with his arm and flung Elya to the ground, momentarily stunning her. Morpheus' attack succeeded in disrupting the Prince's hold over the young girl, but the Prince was already moving into action, rearing about to face his charging opponent. As the orange saber approached, there was a distinct snap-hiss... and a second orange blade that was the spitting image of Morpheus' materialized between the two men. Both weapons locked with an ear-splitting crackle of lightning.

The bearer of this weapon was, much to the surprise of the observing Elya, none other than the Nova Prince.

"I imagine this blade is familiar to you, Morpheus," he announced, barely appearing to even put up a struggle as he held back Morpheus' strike. "A token I received from your dearly departed comrade long ago."

He forced Morpheus back, the twin weapons shrieking as they parted, and began a slow circle around his opponent, lightsaber held at the ready.

"Let us see how far your mental prowess truly extends, Morpheus."

Despite his size, the speed at which the Nova Prince moved was phenomenal, re-closing the distance between them in a split second and delivering a vicious upward slash at Morpheus' center.

- Lily -

Lily's eyes sharpened as she took aim and fired at each of the approaching projectiles in turn, making ever-so-subtle adjustments to her firing angle. The five orbs of water exploded one after the other as dummy rounds struck and scattered them.

With a swift motion, Lily wrenched the now-empty magazine and quickly replaced it with a new one. She took aim and fired, this time aiming for Lucia's right shoulder.
Omega

-Lucia-

She saw the shot coming, and dodged it easily. She decided then to turn the tables, since she knew Lily had the advantage. Lucia quickly applied power to try and rapidly close the gap, and prepared to make a slash at Lily's rifle...
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

Morpheus sighed derisively at the irony of seeing his old Lightsaber in the Nova Prince's hands.

"Indeed."

As the Prince pressed his attack suddenly, Morpheus was forced back an uneasy step before, likewise, circling the Nova Prince, flicking his Lightsaber once to bring it forehand and moving it up, directly in front of his face and pointed up --- in salute --- and then flicking it to the side again, outstretched towards his right. When the Prince came at him in the next split second, Morpheus gracefully stepped back and spun his own Lightsaber, swirling it in a sweeping parry upwards to deflect the Prince's blow above his left side.

This was promptly followed by a spinning step and a graceful follow-up towards a diagonal downwards slash at the Prince's left shoulder, orange Lightsabers twirling through the air in a mess of light and Morpheus maintaining a dance of graceful flurries and smooth attacks...

-Emily, Kirie and Masamune-

"Hey, Masamune! What's going on---oooookay," Emily's sentence was cut off with the approximate expression of o_o when she, followed by Kirie, strode into the infirmary room where Elya was being 'treated', and stopping herself at the foot of Elya's bed, Emily blinked and looked up at Morpheus. Kirie himself, next to Emily, narrowed his eyes; Masamune was still slumped against the wall. "...That doesn't feel good."

Emily shuddered at the mixed feelings she was getting from Morpheus, his hand grasped onto Elya's forehead, eyes tranced out and closed. Whatever Morpheus was doing in there --- and beyond Elya's head --- it was turbulent, and the mental energy coming from them was intense. Her fist clenched tightly; Morpheus was struggling with that other presence, an adversary that so far showed no weaknesses or any signs of relenting.

"Masamune?" Kirie turned his head from Masamune to the trancing Morpheus. "What happened here?"

"How...how am I supposed to know!?" Was the reply.

"There's got to be some way we can bring Morpheus out of this." Kirie walked over to Morpheus at that, blinking and straining his neck to examine Morpheus for any signs of what he was doing. None. Kirie's lip pursed together in disdain. "Emily?"

Kirie turned towards Emily only to find her shaking her head.

"I..." Emily stammered, hands at her sides, eyes shaking. Inwardly, the malevolent feeling that was tugging at Morpheus' head --- and her heart --- was making Emily break out in a cold sweat. It was the same, oppressive feeling she had when she fought Elya, the day that Xiu died --- one that was far more powerful than Elya was then and dragging Elya's consciousness for the ride. It was a feeling that made her sick to her stomach. "I...I wouldn't even touch him right now, myself, I'm not sure what's going on, either...I guess w-we can wait a moment and see...maybe it's just a Paralysis effect. Who knows? Could be nothing a Lesser Restoration can't handle, but..."
Kylern

-Bian-

Listening he sat back into his chair waiting for Gai to finish talking. "From what you have told me Zero seems to have been at least dealt with for the moment. But I'll make sure he's been put down." He was tired of having that masked idiot hack their communications and spout his nonsense anymore.

"As for Tallis I'm not planning to abandon her. But without a lead there is nothing more you can do. I'll have our agents within Fandom try to locate her and once we know you'll be permitted to go after her. Until then return to the Valhalla and make sure Zaine doesn't do anything stupid. I give you permission to deal with him as you feel necessary." That was all he had to say.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Strike Zero

- Nova Prince -

With this simple trading of blows, from observing the winding arcs of light that were the motions of Morpheus' saber, the Nova Prince was able to determine from what his opponent derived his force of will. Morpheus' graceful and smooth movements were a symbol of the precision with which he wielded his powers, his pristine and decisive parries a sign of his ability to read the trails of thought and see through all. Morpheus' strength was derived from an attribute one might describe as "clarity of mind", an uncanny ability to expertly control the flow of his thoughts and spirit as he saw fit. It was a style similar to the one he had witnessed upon his combat with Stella Stormgunner when he had engaged her in both the physical and mental plane, and it made both her and Morpheus combatants who were worthy of note.

However, it was upon this revelation that the Nova Prince knew that victory was within his grasp. You see, while Morpheus' strength was born from technique, his grasp of his Center, the Prince's strength was derived simply from his raw and unyielding power.

And, in a contest of souls, that was all that well and truly mattered.

The Prince made no excessive movements as he twirled his lightsaber about with one hand, deflecting each of Morpheus' swift blows without falter. He waited until a golden opportunity was spotted, then batted away one of Morpheus' strikes and, with his free palm, unleashed a colossal wave of psychic energy that would envelop Morpheus' entire form, hoping to drive the dark-glasses wearing man to the ground and force him open for a finishing strike.

- Lily -

Lucia rushed forth with a burst of power. Lily fired two more shots, then braced herself. Once Lucia came into range and delivered her slash, Lily quickly conjured a barrier that caught the sword as it came down and deflected it. She dropped the barrier then quickly grabbed a smoke charge that was hooked to her belt and deployed it, creating a rapidly-expanding cloud of thick dark smoke that enveloped both of them.

The pale-haired girl darted out of the smoke, took cover once again in the clouds, and made ready with her rifle, looking to strike her opponent the instant she decided to show herself.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

It was disheartening to hear the decision to abandon Tallis But Gai Knew with no real leads it was the only choice they could make. He was glad that Dr. Zoldark was, at least, willing to keep the possibility of a rescue mission open.

"I understand; and thank you sir"

again Gai saluted and then left the room; he figured he needed to check on Zaine.

Victious Sterling

Victious finished off the latest batch of intelligence reports. The war efforts in space seemed to be progressing smoothly, Tyber was in place to take the moon as they'd hoped and other federation and DC forcces seemed rather quiet for the moment.

On earth however things were not going as well. The repeated DC assaults had landed few tactical victories and overall the clashes had Cost the fandom far more than the DC. The Federation on the other hand seemed to be readying for an offensive likely, sources told him, on Hawaii itself. To make matters even worse Ishikawa had been killed bringing the Japanese fandom forces to a standstill.

"Perhaps it's time... to have a talk with an old acquaintance"

He pressed a button on his intercom and issued several orders. In a few moments his office was filled with cameras and lights as though he was on the set of some TV show. Moments later an uncoded long range communication was sent to Aidoneus requesting Dr. Bian Zoldark respond in kind.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

chiku_shou

-Nena Trinity-

"Working out in the gym to become stronger is the best, don't you think so Johann?" Sitting on the floor Nena was bending forward and touching the tip of her toes with her hands. She was actually quite flexible. Michael who had been no slouch himself had always remarked about it and called it freaky. He always had tagged stuff he couldn't do himself as freaky.

"But strong people that lack resolve are the worst." She continued as she started bending one of her arms behind her neck. She had noticed the men glancing at her and Johann and she was making sure she spoke high enough for them to overhear her. "People that just stand around watching the world instead of getting involved... I hate people like that. They would all just be better of dead."

Dan Florian, Simon Fritz and Hendrik Geine. She had memorized their names. Unlike with Nowe this wasn't the first time she had seen them. She had never talked to them but she had noticed their sour looks before. Men like them really were a waste, they would never achieve anything if they never acted on their own feelings.
Last edited by chiku_shou on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

-Bian-

Gai had left the room when a strange transmission was being relayed to him. The source seemed to be Fandom but there was no obvious name attached to it. The only Fandom person that dared try to communicate them directly had been Zero and this would had been a strange time for him to show his face. So who else could it be?

So he decided to find out and accepted the call.
Sume Gai

Victious Sterling

Bian's Screen would come to life Showing a somewhat familiar man with a mechanical arm sitting his elbows on his desk and his hands organic over mechanical meeting at his chin as he leaned forward slightly.

"Hello Dr. Zoldark. It's been a long time since we last spoke; I am Victious Sterling or perhaps you would better recognize me as Victious Falcon." Victious gave this a moment to sink in, certainly Bian would recognize the man from the Great Flame Wars where for a time the two had worked together.

"I have come with an offer; I would like us to once again consolidate our power, this time against the Federation. I'm sure we both stand to gain a great deal from such an alliance; wouldn't you agree."

Kylern

-Doc Bian-

It took him a second to but the face to memory but he did remember this man. He also remembered what had happened during the Flame War and why he had left Fandom to start with. "So your a Sterling now? I wonder how many people you had to kill to get that position." Bian chatted but had a certain destain for this man.

The next piece of the conversation really caused some blood to rise. "I'm sure you haven't been away from the Earth sphere so long you forgot why I walked away from Fandom. So what makes you think I plan to change my mind this far into the war?" This was odd... Just what made Victious think he could persuade the DC leader into rejoining Fandom?
Sume Gai

Victious Sterling

"no need to be so hostile Bian; If you really want to know all I had to do was wait for Raven's youth to catch up with her. When people realized she wasn't up to the task, I was the natural choice" His words were calm and smooth like a man making a point in friendly debate.

"as for why this truce would be appealing; there are a number of things. For one we have production capabilities the DC will never match and technologies that I'd imagine you find very interesting; like these GN drives that are so popular recently. If you return willing all that and as many dedicated men and women as you need could be at your service acting however you wish" Victious neutral expression drifted into a troubled frown as he continued hints of sadness creeping into his voice.

"Most importantly, together, the Federation can be quickly crushed putting a swift end to all this destruction we've embroiled ourselves in. We could halt these tragedies that plague us all; like what happened so recently over the Pacific."

Cybaster

-Morpheus-

Despite the brevity of what faces him, Morpheus' face was a mask of concentration even as the Nova Prince deflects each of his blows with an untold swiftness --- and when his Lightsaber was batted away in a manuever that tried to leave him open for the Nova Prince's other hand to strike, Morpheus reacted promptly and without fear. While the Nova Prince's assessment of Morpheus' mental strength was mostly correct, there was one important thing that preserved him --- his grasp and expansion of his own Center of All, the flow of events around him, was supported by his own unshakable faith and loyalty in Bian Zoldark's vision...one which was passed on towards his daughter, Lune, in time.

And when that happened, Morpheus' Center-of-All was no longer simply his own consciousness --- It became a link between his own beliefs and the legacy which Bian had strove to leave behind: A Unity of Rings. Incomplete, but a unity nonetheless.

As such, when the Nova Prince finally made his move, Morpheus was more prepared and defiant than one gave him credit for. At the same time the Prince's hand shot out, Morpheus' own did as well in simultaneity, the palm of his hand stopping only inches away from the Nova Prince's --- but rather than a straightforward struggle for might, it was one of dominance as Morpheus attempted to psychically seize control of the Nova Prince's own blast and redirect it towards him. The powerful blast of energy, lingering between their hands, sparked and blew, sending nearby pebbles 'blowing' away in a violent breeze.

For a moment, it seemed the Nova Prince and Morpheus were evenly matched in that regard, neither of the combatants moving an inch.

But moments later, Elya would notice that, despite holding the wave of energy there, Morpheus took a small half-step back; Another few seconds after that, another half-step, and later on another full step, all the while keeping to push at the Nova Prince with eyes narrowed in utmost focus at the unmoving mask. And then, in a fleeting moment, Elya would see it: a single drop of sweat that fell along the left side of Morpheus' head and face, and it would hit her --- between being wounded slightly by the Nova Prince's previous blast and the Prince's own immense power, Morpheus was faltering.

And Morpheus was losing.

-Emily, Kirie and Masamune-

And at that time, causing all three of the above Light Warriors to suddenly gawk in horror, Morpheus' mental struggle for dominance finally became reflected in his physical body --- a sign that whatever was going on in there, Morpheus was on the losing end of it. It was, in the scale of things, a small sign but, given its implications, it was a serious one. As Emily quickly ran over to Morpheus and took a hold of his hand, shaking it in desperation with bewildered eyes, Kirie grasped the foot of Elya's bed in sharp urgency as he took an unconscious step forward --- with his own physical strength, Kirie's grab at the bed dented the metal he grasped in a terrible shriek.

There was now a small streak of blood welling out of the left side of Morpheus' lips.

"Emily, this is definitely not good!" Masamune exclaimed, having stood up and ran a little towards Kirie and Emily, swinging his right arm outwards. "Imbecile! If you're going to do anything to wake him up, do it now!"

"I...I..." Emily stammered, her voice obviously in a panic. Her attempts to shake Morpheus awake was having no effect. "...I don't know what to do! I'm a Paladin/Monk, not a Kalashtar or a Cleric, Masamune! I don't know what Ability Damage Morpheus is suffering from in there, much less the spells to heal that!"

Kirie winced. "Then we'll have to shake him awake!"

"Lay on Hands only heals Hit Points! Won't work, Kirie!"

"Will you stop talking like that and think of something, Emily!? We already lost Xiu to Elya," Masamune sneered angrily. "And I'm certainly not losing Morpheus to her as well!"

At that, Masamune suddenly knelt down and grabbed his saber from the ground. Kirie moved to intercept him in a blur, hands on Masamune's shoulders.

"Masamune, no! We have no clue at all---"

"Do you have any better ideas!? Morpheus can't keep this up, and maybe if we kill Elya now," Masamune retorted. Kirie's glance at him was steeled, stoic --- as was his grip, causing Masamune to wince slightly. "We can break Morpheus out of this forcefully---"

"That's it!"

As Kirie and Masamune suddenly turned to the new source of the voice behind them, Emily nodded and smiled at them --- an innovative-looking smile that made Kirie and Masamune cringe at how bad an idea that was going to be. "You're a genius, Masamune! If Morpheus is the one channeling, then he counts as Casting a Spell and I can try to interrupt his casting with physical damage!" Emily glanced around herself, hands fumbling around her coat. "...Unless Morpheus is Epic, in which case if he has Improved Combat Casting we're in trouble...now what kind of Martial Weapon am I not proficient in yet...

"A-ha!"

Suddenly, Emily triumphantly took something from inside her coat and raised it in triumph above the air with her right hand, and Kirie simply blinked confusedly. It was her new Lightsaber. "Okay, maybe this should work..." Emily muttered to herself and brought her hand down, fingers fiddling with the Lightsaber hilt (and flipping it around in the proper direction beforehand), and then her thumb pressed the big red button on it...causing a bright purple energy blade to lance out of the hilt with a loud hissing sound.

Kirie and Masamune recoiled their heads back in unison. "Whoa!" Kirie exclaimed in recognition --- Emily has a Lightsaber now!? Where'd she get *that*!? "Watch it with that thing!"

Emily ignored him, turning around...and looked once more at Morpheus' tranced form before lowering her head towards her Lightsaber. Aunt Stella, if you can hear me, please help me...help me help Morpheus... Then Emily raised the Lightsaber horizontally, parallel to her head, and took aim with a prepared look, panting:

"AoO~~~~~~~~~-------!!!"

On that battle cry, Emily took her Attack of Opportunity and stabbed her Lightsaber towards Morpheus' left arm.

-Morpheus-

During Morpheus' training in the ways of the Roleplayer, Lightsaber training had been part of a daily staple in his life --- and when he sparred with Stella and, sometimes, his mistress on a daily basis in those fights, getting hit by one on full power was inevitable. And even now, Morpheus remembered the first time Stella Stormgunner had landed a hit on him with one when she had managed to catch him off-balance; Channeling and converging immense anti-matter energy into a single blade, a Lightsaber hit had the power to cut, melt and cauterize human flesh in a single instant wherever it hit, and to feel all three in a split second --- to feel paralyzed and unable to move or gather the strength to move again --- was an experience that one wished never to experience again.

Although Stella had dealt him a glancing blow in the right thigh during that sparring session, it had been the single most painful feeling Morpheus had ever experienced. And when the Stormgunner after Stella had stabbed him again, he felt it as well --- while still struggling with the Nova Prince.

And the split second surge of agonizing pain welled through the entire mental battlefield in a single pulse.

Morpheus did not even have time to cry out as the pain enveloped the battlefield, and he felt his connection to the Nova Prince forcefully break at it. The pain severing this connection --- since Morpheus and the Nova Prince instigated it --- would likely hit the aforementioned two the hardest, but nonetheless, the connection was gone. As Morpheus found himself blasted back as the psychic energy he was struggling with the Prince with exploded, he found himself forcefully propelled away, backwards, and back into his own body and mind, with Elya and the Nova Prince likely being propelled likewise back to their own bodies as well.

The final result being, as Morpheus let go of Elya's forehead, him falling backwards as if slammed, crashing into the back wall and falling down along it where Masamune once was, panting heavily and trying to recompose himself. As Morpheus' vision cleared and he finally became aware of blood on his lips, he quickly wiped at it and stood up to walk over to Elya. Although the pain likely didn't hit her as hard as it hit Morpheus, how was she?

At the sight, Emily blinked, o_o'd, and looked at the Lightsaber in her hands before shutting it off, dimming the purple light from the infirmary room.

"I am so grounded again."