Chapter 19: Trou de loup (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

-Zaine-

He was curious about this 'G-Stone' Captain Altair mentioned, but decided to head to the hangar and found Gai there.

"Hey... Gai? If you're not busy... I was hoping we could talk..." He pointed to the thing he wanted to talk about.

"First... I'm curious... would there be a way to upgrade that Alteisen?" Curiosity was apparent on his face.

-Rena-

"Um... that's a little scary... but it seems exciting as well..."
Kylern

-Kylern-

"He's only as scare as the piloting controlling him. Two hyper beam sabers, two anti-armor claws, two atomic scissors with built in beam guns, heat wires, and three sonic smasher cannons which can take down a land battleship in one shot. Its a step up from anything I've previously used."

He walked up to it and touched the burn marks in the armor. "I'm going to guess its from the war directly cause the marks are still warm." He then turned to Goldsburg. "Can I have the cockpit rebuilt using a Valkyrie as the base? I also want it repainted in silver and gold like my other units. I think I'm going to have fun with this big guy."

Goldsburg smiled back and agreed as he called a team down to take it up to maintenance. It would be repaired and ready for action within a week at the most.

Kylern looked over at Rena. "How about we get something to eat and I explain what happened in that operation?" He offered hoping to spend some more time with her even if it was about business.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai was suddenly approached by Zaine who asked him about the trashed Alt.

"Well... there are a myriad of ways but the one chosen by the original pilot was rather than cover the Alt's weaknesses to amp up every advantage to the max. Power, Acceleration and Ammo all get huge boosts but it comes at the cost of balance and controllablity. It became so massive and poorly balanced that it needed a Tesla Drive to stand up straight; a monster which would, in the right hands, put any other real robot to shame."

Gai was a real fan of the Riese but he knew controling such a beast would require incredible skills.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

- Kayla -
- Unknown Pacific Island -

As Kayla stood on the sand of a majestic beach and stared out towards the sparkling waves before her, she found her thoughts inadvertently focusing around her brother -- a man whom she hadn't seen in so long.

Ever since she'd arrived on Earth, she'd tried to find his presence multiple times... but found that it was no longer possible. For some reason, that special connection that they had once shared was no longer there... gone when Zephyr had revived her and turned her into a Cyborg-Newtype. It was heart-wrenching, to not have that feeling anymore, that precious bond with the most important person in the world...

She closed her eyes, breathing out a soft sigh. "Kyle... I hope you're doing well, my brother..."

Kayla hadn't heard from him in so long since the report of that incident on the moon... but she desperately wished to believe that he wasn't involved in the war. She wanted him to stay away from all the fighting and leave the ending of the war to her. Right now, she hoped that she was somewhere far away from everything... someplace where he was safe... someplace where he could live out his life in happiness, away from all the destruction.

Someplace like this, for that matter.

Despite being a cyborg, she could still indulge in her senses. The air was fresh, the ocean pristine, and the sun massaged Kayla's skin with a pure, gentle warmth. Faced with a beautiful scene like this, she could almost feel glad that she was alive.

Almost.

Her eyes snapped open. "That's enough of that. There's work to be done..."

She spun on her heels and started a walk back up towards the large, gaping opening that was the door to a massive, rust-covered hanger.

The hanger was a part of a larger facility that was constructed into the side of the small mountain on the island. It was one of the few small military bases Zephyr had commandeered for himself over the years of the war, similar to the one that he had abandoned in Africa, where the Cattleya had been constructed. It was a haven that the mysterious scientist could retreat to should he require a place to conduct his work.

This time, the facility would serve Kayla's use, accommodating that which she needed most aptly -- a secluded, isolated place where she could keep her prisoner locked away for an extended period.

Kayla strode through the hanger, past her resting Cattleya, and entered into a smaller door in the back. From there she entered into a hallway lined with doors that each bore small, barred windows. These, Kayla assumed when she arrived, were prison cells that could be used to host Zephyr's test subjects.

She stopped at the first door to the right and pulled it open. There in the small dark room was Tallis, hands bound behind her back, laying curled up towards the back of the room, still unconscious (having been sedated beforehand so that she might be easier to manage). Kayla strode over and got down on one knee next to her still form, pulled a small syringe from her trench coat pocket, and gently used it to inject a substance that would counteract the sedative, waking her.

Once the syringe was empty, she leaned forward an offered a smile to the sleeping girl.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," she said. "It's time to wake up."
Last edited by Strike Zero on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

A grin came on his face. "Then it might come in handy, as I know there'll be times when I can't use the Exia... If it's needed, I could give it the Tesla Drive in my Huckbein, Just need to figure out how to handle the rest."

He saw handling such a mech as a challenge, and would be more than happy to accept if presented with the mech.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis Had been dreaming before her awakening memories of her distant and recent past mixing in to some incomprehensible mess. All Tallis could recall as her bleary eyes reopened was that it had been a pleasant dream. As she awakened Her still blurry vision found the form of Kayla.

"Who... are... you?"

Her speech was sluggish and hazy as one just waking from a deep sleep would be.

Sume Gai

"don't be in such a rush. We've got the Exia and right now it's our best option for three days from now."

Gai turned to the restored machine and looked hopefully at it.

"I know we should stop and pay our respects to Xiu... but as soon as possible we need to start preparing."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Strike Zero

- Kayla -

Kayla continued to smile. "Oh... don't say you don't remember me. It's Kayla. Kayla Ryder."

"I suppose you wouldn't remember very well, it was so long ago... it was on board your old ship, the Osprey. We didn't get a chance to talk, but I had a chance to become acquainted with your precious Gai very well. You may recall that he was the one who shot me in the back..."
chiku_shou

-Nena Trinity-

Just Nowe was it? Nena already knew his full name but it was only now that she was able to put a face to the name. Nowe Thriefth, pilot of a custom GN-XIII called Dragonslayer. Yes she remembered having read something about this guy taking out one one of the innovators in what Nena otherwise would have called a failed mission. They had demolished the target they had set out to destroy but the price had been to steep.

"I suppose everyone deserves their five minutes of fame." Opening the visor of her helmet she smiled at the guy. So he was a braggart too? This guy really was dumber than he looked. "Names Nena Trinity. I have to recharge my Drei, well talk more inside."

Lowering her visor she didn't give him any time to reply as she sat back and closed her cockpit. The red GN-particles bursting forth her Throne Drei started lift from the ground and then veered around. Leaving a trail of deadly red particles in her wake Nena steered her Gundam into the hangar towards where her brother had already exited his Throne unit and was waiting for her.
Omega

-Zaine-

"...Yeah..." After that one woman appeared he had his doubts that Zero still had Tallis, but would go to make sure. He went back over to the Exia to begin preparing for that battle, but paused long enough to voice a request.

"Gai? If... anything happens and I end up an enemy, please... fight me in my gundam..."

As he was heading over to the Exia, a picture fell out of his pocket of him as a child and a little girl who had the exact same eyes and hair color...
Last edited by Omega on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

-Nowe-

"Nena huh..." He thought it over finding the girl to be a bitch despite his attempt to play nice. Plus she seemed to look down on him... What was up with that? His combat record was better than hers... But he bit his tongue and didn't let her know he was starting to despise her. Here he felt he could make a friend and she seemed to think he was a fool. Nowe was no fool...

But he did follow since he had nothing really to do until he found this Wedge fellow.

-Kylern-

As the Belphagor was taken up to where it would be repaired he lead the way out of the area and somewhere new.
Omega

(Whoops...)
-Rena-

She then began to follow Kylern out of the room and to wherever he was leading her.
chiku_shou

-Nena Trinity-

When Nowe finally did catch up with her, Nena had already left her cockpit and was discussing something with a tall young man. The young man either had a serious sunburn or was just naturally dark skinned. Unlike the girl he was talking with there was a calm almost business-like air around him... even so there was no mistaking his resemblance to the girl next to him. Even though she had removed her helmet, Nena was still wearing her pink spacesuit which should have made it easy for Nowe to recognize her as the female Gundam pilot he had talked with outside.

"Hey crazy dumb guy. Over here!" Waving at Nowe as he approach she smiled at him. Even from a distance her red wild hair made her stand out.
Last edited by chiku_shou on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis blinked and the form came into focus as Kayla spoke again. her words brought back memories of the event in question. The shots which caused Tallis to duck her head and the aftermath she saw afterwords.

'Wh-what do you want is this part of that Zero person's plans?"

if her trembling voice didn't give away her renewed terror her widened eyes would.

Sume Gai

'where did that come from?'

Gai thought as he watched Zaine walking away; he then noticed a picture fall out of Zaine's pocket. stepping forward gai picked it up and examined it for a moment befor e holding it out and calling after Zaine.

"Hey! Zaine! you dropped this!"

Omega

-Zaine-

"Huh?" He turned and faced Gai who held out a picture... "Thanks... I guess you're curious as to who the girl is huh?" he asked as he accepted the picture.
Kylern

-Nowe-

He grumbled a little about not being dumb as he walked over to the two. These were the Gundam pilots and personal guard to Raven herself. That meant they were important and he had to be on his best behavior. But then again he was also the person agent of the most powerful general in Fandom... he too had connection in high places.

So walking up he kept the friendly expression on his face. "Nice to meet you guys."

-Kylern-

"Well I know you don't know her much but that little chinese thief was killed in the last battle." He decided to explain why everyone was so upset. Rena had met the girl on that Gundam jacking mission but that was it.

"And everyone is up at arms over this Nova Prince fellow. I personally think he's an airbag stereotypical badguy but their all upset." Kylern really wasn't scared of the guy. Yeah he was powerful but he held no power over this Gundam pilot.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"I suppose so but you don't want to talk about it..."

Gai didn't wissh to intrude on Zaine's family life if Zaine would rather not discuss it but he'd already guessed the two in the image were brother and sister.

Omega

-Zaine-

"I don't mind... I've got nothing but pleasant memories of her anyway." He showed Gai the back of the image...

"The girl's my sister, Lucia... On the day this photo was taken, we discovered she had a power... and because of that power, she was taken by the Federation, though we were still able to keep in touch."

He paused before continuing...

"I broke that tie when I joined the Fandom, and because of that, she probably thought I died... Though I finally talked myself into writing another letter to put her fears to rest."
chiku_shou

Nena Trinity

"Like I said, he was just standing out there on the firing-range, what a stupid guy right?" Nena told her brother with a laugh. If this Nowe guy thought he was such hot stuff then this should really hit a nerve. People like him never did like it when you pointed out how foolish they were.

"Nena!" The young man that was with her called out somewhat sternly. Turning towards Nowe he bowed his head slightly in apology. "I must apologize for my little sister... she really doesn't many any harm."

Nena watched her brother apologize and then present himself as Johann Trinity. She had expected his response but that didn't make it smart any less. No matter what it was she really didn't like it when her brother told her off. She didn't want him to be upset with her.
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

The young woman closed her eyes and chuckled. "In a sense, yes... that man intended to use you to take vengeance upon that Zaine character he was talking about. I, meanwhile, intend to do the same with the man that stole my life away from me."

Her eyes opened. "Zero had planned to carry this out personally. However, I decided to take matters into my own hands. This vengeance is far too important to me... and I intend to carry out something similar in his stead."

Her gaze steeled into one of malice as she stared coolly into Tallis' eyes. "As it stands... the only difference between our plans was that Zero had expressed a desire to spare you from any sort of pain."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

If it was possible her eyes widened even further and she tried to back away only to discover the wall behind her far too solid to allow that.

"A-are you going to kill me... is... th-that what you want?"

Sume Gai

"So you joined the fandom when your sister was under federation care? wasn't that rather risky?"