Chapter 18: Awake Valsion (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Kylern

-Nowe-

"Well..." Nowe thought about it as Gordon came over to his new position. The GN-XIII twirled its buster sword while its pilot considered his options. "I'm personally not too enthusiastic about tackling Gundams period... This machine can't take many more shots from either of those two. Plus that thing with the ridiculous pack is pissing me off. How in the hell can it not only fly but wield a massive two handed sword one handed with a large gatling gun equip shield and still be quicker than me?" Nowe was just frustrated with his lack of ability over these guys. He had only been able to take down one Flag with a lucky shot and these Gundams were making a fool out of him.

"So if you have an attack plan I'm all ears. If not then I'm rotating out of this fight and letting another GN-XIII take my place. There are plenty of other cannon fodder to throw at this guys." He was talking about the mobile doll things that were even doing better than he was in the same unit.
Last edited by Kylern on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo/Hal

Wan fired his Chest vulcan at the approaching Fighter which ducked and weaved as it closed. the Tristan swerved aside quickly and launched the two Spike Harkens which docked and fired the Bayron Cannon. The Weltall ascended letting the Blue blast pass below. The Tristan continued it's assault as it withdrew the Harkens and transformed closing on the Larger Machine.

Wan let the Tristan close not bothering to go for his blade. The Tristan quickly produced it's MVS polearm and did a twisting overhead slash Trying to bite into the chest of the Weltall. It was to no avail as Wan pulled back just enough for the slash to miss by inches.

Working the polearm from hand to hand Hal began a series of Slashing swings trying to open the Weltall's chest for each one wan moved the Weltall skillfully to let the slash pass barely by. To the untrained eye it would look like the smaller machine was winning as the pair slowly moved further and further away from the ship.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

The Destroy Gundam had halted the Cattleya's charge, albeit barely. It now had the orange mobile armor in its grasp, ready to fire several high-power shots into the beast. Destruction was very well imminent... and what did Kayla Ryder do in response?

Well... first she began to laugh manically.

"Hehehehe....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

She broke her gaze away from the black monster of a Gundam and threw her head back, her wide smile ever present on her face. "Yes! This is it! This is the kind of man I wanted to fight! This is my combat high!"

Next, the Cattleya's four binders spread open once again, the Breaker Field abruptly dissipating with the transformation back to attack mode. At that moment, the Destroy Gundam fired. The ten finger-built cannons cut deep gouges into the Cattleya's side while the powerful head-mounted cannon belched a red-hot beam that sheared the top binder and cannon clean off.

After that, the Cattleya responded in kind by firing the remaining three cannons into the Destroy's body. The three remaining Heavy Funnels also sprang into action--rather than launching, they simply popped up and targeted the massive Gundam themselves, each sending three more powerful blasts at the monster.

Finally, not waiting to witness what damage if any the shots had done, Kayla triggered full reverse and wrenched the Cattleya free from the Destroy's grip and pelvic area. As she did, the Cattleya's elongated prow split in half once again.

All the while, Kayla never stopped laughing. "Die! Show me all that you have... and die with everything that you are!"

The Breaker Shot finished charging right around the time Destroy's own multi-phase cannons finished powering up. A brilliant flash of light signaled in the instance in which Kayla fired the shot directly into the hulking Destroy Gundam's chest.
Last edited by Strike Zero on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Mr. Hanekoma

Sosuke Hanekoma
-Excalibur

His Forbidden was loaded onto the Excalibur's launch catapults and sent hurtling out into the sky. Sosuke powered up the machine and it seemed to shimmer slightly as its Trans-Phase Armor activated. While putting power to the thrusters, Sosuke switched the Forbidden over to its close combat mode. The Gundam's twin shields slid into place and activated its Geschmeidig Panzer defense system.

Sosuke searched the area for targets, and found several Fandom units equipped with psuedo-Gn drives fighting off several of his comrades. One of the machines was black with a large cannon onver its shoulder. Sosuke targetted it and fried a salvo of railgun fire at his chosen foe. After he did, he moved the Forbidden in closer and charged up the plasma induction cannon mounted on his Gundam's backpack.

(Attacking Johann Trinity with two railgun shells.)
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
Omega

-Excalibur Team-

The Murasame saw the Excalibur, and decided to drop off Lyon so she could assist in defending the ship.

After Lyon landed on the Excalibur deck, she turned to the missiles fired at the ship, and with Aile's help, shot down the missiles.

Then turning their attention to the MDs firing their railcannons, the metal Armors would find themselves caught in a tri-pincer attack as the other two Murasame were called back by their leader then moved in to attack the units from the left, right, and above them, further backed by the Excalibur's primary guns and AA Lasers, which a few were destroyed by the railcannon shots, along with one extra shot damaging Aile's leg.

-Sophia-

The young Duskraider turned towards the Throne Drei, having missed it on the first pass, made another pass at it, and this time transformed into MS Mode, swapped the rifle for the saber, and charged in, and decided to try to force Nena into close-combat with a downward slash.
Last edited by Omega on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellbore

- Meanwhile... Aidoneous Island -

((Guh.. brainfart on my part, sorry Kylern))

Pausing for a moment to consider Sara's arm, Jacob almost missed Kykern walk off. Sara had been too shocked at his mention of Rena to say anything back. "Wait," she called after him as he started to walk away, what happened to Rena, how badly is she hurt?"

Sara remembered the young girl from the incident with the Wing Zero, and was suddenly deeply concerned with the girl she barely knew. Jacob was willing to go along with this if it meant Sara would be going to the infirmary.

- Back in the Pacific... Wake Island -

Juuso & Hendrik

Juuso saw that they had become merely extra Number in a battle were number were on their side. Seeking some thing constructive to do, his cockpit suddenly warned him of the Lohengrin's build-up of energy. Signalling to Hendrik, Juuso and his subordinate broke off from the dogfight around Sterling and raising their beam cannons, fired at the Fafnir, hoping to at least disable the positron blasters.

Dan and Simon

The other two members of the Practice team however had no intention of leavinf that particular fight. Seeing one of Raven's bodyguards become surrounded, Simon fired at the Airmasters to distract them, while Dan aimed for the ugly green mobile suit charging from the Federation battlelines. As the enemy suit fired at the Eins, Dan dropped down from above, aiming for the bulbous head to knock if off balance with a kick.

((That's you, Hanekoma))
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
SNT1

--Jin-- (S0, you decide what kind of explosion happens)

Blood dripping from his forehead, as soon as Jin gets the signal to fire, he does it, using the chest energy cannons to tear through the Cattleya. The enemy unit was also charging with his own cannon, so hopefully he gets off the shot a fraction of a second earlier.

"YOU DIEEE!" (Chinese Darryl) He shouts as he fires.

--Slug and Rachel--

"You alright?" Rachel asks. Slug lets out an audible 'yes.' Rachel realizes that they're farther from the field than everyone else, so she leads the Ex-S and her 3 bits to come back around the battlefield to get behind Federation lines again.

--Duskraiders--

They continue to harass the GN-X's and the two Thrones near the battleships. A GN-X unit fires at them, and they take evasive action. Erina (D3) barely gets hit as part of the wing gets sheared off by the beam blast.

--Taylor and Johann N.--

"Damn, I thought I was rusty," Johann comments, after hitting the Tallgeese. And shortly right after a beam shoots him.... Fortunately Taylor was there to reflect the attack. It was from some random GN-XIII out of formation. GN SMG shots were not enough to take the GN-X outright, but it forced the guy to be on the defensive once Taylor locked her eyes on it and fired the energy cannons to shoo it away. "You have to be careful," She says to Johann, who had a shamed look for letting his guard down.

--Lauren--

"Ma'am, we're taking some damage!"

The sensors indicate that there are a few units trying to disable the Lohengrin at range. It was clanking all over, but if they get any closer they would get more accurate shots.

"Now or never, FIRE!" The enthusiastic southern captain shouts!

Lohengrin fires at the battlefield, causing the Duskraiders Airmasters to scramble, as the cannon attack goes through the thick of the battlefield, particularly the area where the practice team GN-X units and the Thrones are at, with the cannon aimed at taking Raven's Battleship.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

The Breaker Shot and the Destroy Gundam's chest cannons, both primary weapons went off at exactly the same instant. The energy blasts, each fired at point-blank range, met each other in a blinding explosion of light. What resulted was a detonation of energy like nothing Kayla--and she was sure her opponent--had never felt before.

So violent was the reaction that neither machine could possibly hope to keep from being pushed back as they were enveloped in the blast. Met with sheer force and heat, composite metal was stripped away from the Cattleya's nose as a peel would be removed from a banana--multiple sections of armor curved up and away from the blast before snapping off to be carried through the air by the tremendous gale of energy.

It was at this point that Kayla finally initiated full reverse, moving the Cattleya backwards so to avoid suffering irreparable damage to the machine. Still, she could not avoid being jostled by the shock waves that seemed to echo off of one other. The spherical cockpit was absolutely filled with blinding light...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

Wraith

His Shot Struck home as the target broke off the slower Murasame Found itself missing it's left wing and leg both of which would hamper his mobility greatly. The Pilot could likely make it back to the Excalibur but fighting on would be difficult. Seconds later however he was forced to dive below the Lohengrin blast from the Fafner meaning he couldn't follow his targets to finish things.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Murasame Team-

Having lost it's wing and leg, All the Murasame could do was return to the ship, which he did, but haphazardly in a crash with a fire control team setting about the hangar trying to put the flames out and rescue the pilot.

This in turn weakened the assault on the MDs alongside the fact that the other two were running low on power and also had to return to the ship but much more carefully.

-Lyon/Aile/Luna-

Lyon looking worried, opened a channel to the bridge.

Lyon: "Commander, I don't think we can win this anymore!"

Luna: "Grr... Very well, Send out a retreat signal."

"Yes ma'am."

The Excalibur then sent up a flare that would be rcognized as a retreat signal for allied units from the Excalibur, as well as a text-only message to the Fafnir as the Excalibur began to withdraw from the battle.
Good luck in continuing the battle, I regret to inform you that we cannot continue.
Lyon and Aile also retreated back towards the catapult to re-enter the ship and waited for the Forbidden to return before making a full retreat.

-Sophia-

Beeping noises drew her attention to her remaining power, 12%.

"S***!" She then opens a channel to Rachel first to relay a message to her commander.

"Sorry Major, I'm running low on power, so i'm pulling out."

She then shot in the direction of the Fafnir.

"2nd Lt. Hyuga coming in for emergency landing!"

With what seemed to be a miracle, Sophia managed to flip the Murasame into MS mode at the last second and reach the Archangel Class ship just as her last ounce of power ran out, for a bumpy landing on the area connected to the catapults in a rather... unique position looking like a girl that just fell on her behind.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"I don't know... Her Gundam was seriously damaged and I didn't get to see her condition when they got her out." The look of seriousness on his face was a mixture of depression and concern that couldn't seem to work itself out.

"I can't believe this has happened... My own unit tried to kill my closest friend." His hands slipped into his pockets to keep them from shaking. He was on the verge of having an anxiety attack after everything that had happened. But to calm himself down he drew out a small bottle of tablets and took one of them. They were the sleeping meds the doc had proscribed him and they would help smooth him out a little.

So upon entering the infirmary he noticed her bed and walked over to it. A few tears rolled down his cheek as he saw that she was hooked up to some machines and nobody was home. "I'm so sorry Rena... I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I caused you this pain..." He dropped down to his knees and softly took her hand while he apologized.
Wingnut

- Raven and co. -

"Now!" Raven cried as she spotted the Lohengrin blast arrive. Both Tau drives of the thrones released a large amount of particles downward, pushing the mobile suits above the path of the positron beam. Raven had waited until the last moment to move in order to draw as many Federal suits as close to her as she could to have them be shot at as well.

Unfortunately this drained most of the particle supply on both Thrones leaving them with no choice but to start withdrawing as the Excalibur was. Seeing this, Raven directed all of the remaining mobile dolls (4) toward Rachel and Slug as a means of keeping at least one of them off their backs as they withdrew. They had to make for one of the other ships as in spite of evasive maneuvers, her own ship had been struck by one of the beams and was losing control as she started falling towards the water. The crew would be able to abandon ship and be rescued, but the ship itself was a loss.

Johann was grateful for the arrival of the practice squad even as one of the railgun shots put a dent in his GN shield. With them occupying the new Gundam, and a trio of GN-XIIIs now left without a target to engage as a result of the dwindling number of Flags, Johann signaled the pilots to assist him as he moved to engage the Duskraiders.

Not one for battle cries or anything like that during a fight, Johann simply fired at D1 while two of the GN-XIIIs fired at D2, with the last one firing at D3.

- Red Eagle -

"It would seem so. I can still go another turn with that gold one, though. You head back and I'll call over some help." replied Charles to Nowe.
Gorden sent a message to the GN-XIII units asking for support. He soon got in the form of two units.

"Okay, listen closely." he called out to them. "That gold one can reflect beams so don't even bother with it. Concentrate on that other one with the large backpack and sword. I'll keep the gold one busy myself."

"Understood."
"Roger."

Both GN-XIII units headed for the Strike E, firing their GN lances as they went. Gorden again raised the dobergun and sent another pair of shells at Taylor.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine/Rena-

Zaine watched as Kylern fell apart because of Rena's current state.

Slowly the young pilot walked over to where the offworlder was apologizing to her and rested a hand on his shoulder.

"She'll be okay."

Then a slight movement in her hand, mostly unnoticable, until it weakly closed around Kylern's.

"You... have nothing to apologize for..."

Zaine was quite surprised when he realized where the voice came from. Rena, still weak, turned her head slightly to face the two standing at her side, her eyes open somewhat.

"My... reason for going after your TEMJIN was because of Natalia... She said that it was a bad influence on you..."
Kylern

-Nowe-

He was just a tad stunned when Gorden told him to go ahead and leave. He had actually been expecting some comment about quit being a wuss and kill something or just an order to keep fighting. He checked his armor integrity and found that he could still continue if he just was careful to avoid getting shell again.

But he noticed that the battle was reaching its height and the massive mobile armor was starting to return itself. He figured he was done and headed back to the ship.

-Kylern-

He was shocked when she spoke and stood up. "No no no... don't talk." He didn't want her struggling and hurting herself more. "Just rest and I'll deal with the aftermath. Besides he's dead and this is all thats left." He drew the second jewel sized V crystal shard from his pocket and and made a bracelet out of it.

"With that we shall be connected in a small way. I know you'll get better with some sleep." He attached the bracelet to her wrist and smiled. "I'll make sure to check up on you every day and see how your doing. Alright?" He ignored Zaine presence the entire time because he had only one reason to be here.
Omega

(My first try with this, so correct me if this is more metagaming than Newtype Power)
-Zaine-

He decided to leave the two alone, since it didn't feel right to be there. So he departed the infirmary and was on his way back to the Valhalla when he happened upon Jacob and Sara. Somehow, that strange sensation of knowing the feelings of another came to him once more; only this time it didn't take much to figure out what was wrong since he could tell that it was concern...

"If you're worried about that girl, then don't. She's okay."

(I never had her sit up, just tilt her head towards you.)
-Rena-

She smiled as he placed a bracelet around her wrist. Once he was done, she lifted her arm to get a better look at it as tears filled her eyes.

"All right... Thank you..." Her eyes closed and she drifted off to sleep.
Last edited by Omega on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylern

(No I stood up not her.)

-Kylern-

He realized someone had left but ignored them for this moment. His emotions were private and no Newtype or wannabe psychic could sense him. Being a Ghost made him invisible but his face shown his feelings better than any vibe. He watched the tears and her go to sleep.

"Good night and sleep tight." With that he bent down and kissed her forehead before collecting himself. The jewel around his next shimmered along with the one she had as both wearers became semi-twined.

He left the infirmary wing with his hands in his pockets with nowhere to really go anymore. His machine was gone and he hadn't be re-assigned yet so he was free to do whatever for now. That was until a certain someone showed up...

-Natalia-

"Seems like your just a normal boy now huh?" She was waiting in ambush outside of the Infirmary. She had a smirk on her face that Kylern tired to ignore as he walked on.

"So is she sleeping now? I kind of expected her to die back there... Maybe the TEMJIN wasn't a tough as you made it seem." Her tone got under Kylern's skin but he continued to try and ignore her. He didn't want to fight or anything with her. He just wanted to get away and find something else to occupy himself.

"No need to give me the cold shoulder."
hellbore

- Juuso & Practice Team-

Both Juuso and Hendrik, seeing their cannon fire had done nothing to stop the positron blasters, men men split up to avoid the incoming wave of destructive energy, Juuso climbing, and Hendrik dropping almost to the oceans surface. Simon also takes evasive action, though Dan was already out of the line of fire.

Seeing the Airmasters scramble out of formation to avoid the fire from their own ship, both Hendrik and Simon continue to fire at the blue plane like mobile suits.

Juuso, having climbed higher, spotted a group of five Federation mobile suits heading back toward their own lines. "Escape? Like I'd let you!" he yelled and opened the wings of the Destiny for the first time. Pink coloured energy and mirage colloid particles poured out of the open vents and he charges at the Ex-S and Airmaster, leaving trailing after-images. Quickly catching up to them, Juuso draws the "Arondight' over right shoulder, and attacks one of the bits with a straight vertical chop, not knowing it was unmanned.

- Aidoneous -

Though they had followed Kylern to the infimary, Sara and Jacob left Kylern alone with his greif and his friend. Interrupting now would not be right and Sara went to get her arm looked at.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Nero

-June-

Noticing that her power was running low, she high-tailed it back to the Landship Wan and the Icer Squadron had launched from and landed safely.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo/Hal

that was enough; Wan saw no point in playing around any longer As the Tristan brought the polearm around from the right the Weltall's boosters cut out dropping the entire machine out of the Tristan's reach as the Chest Vulcan once again opened fire. forcing Hal to Climb and evade.

the Tristan pulled backwards as it returned the halves of the polearm to the wings The Weltall came to a rest just above the Ocean; it's reactivated thrusters and hovering gear sending ripples through the water below. The Weltall drew the SMG quickly and popped off a five round burst at it's foe.

The Tristan Dodged to the right Strafing the machine as best it could. As it was Hal's option's were limited; the only weapon likely to bring this foe down was the Baryon Cannon. As the Short Burst from the SMG cleared. Hal released the two Spike Harken's Which rushed towards the hovering Weltall and combined. Hal waited as long as he thought he could trying to get the Cannon as close as possible. the Weltall did not make to evade but rather raised it's left arm and the a device attached to the Wrist Flashed twice causing a thick Purple 'Chaff' to appear.

The Baryon blast seemed to stop for a few moments against the purple wall then broke through. The resulting impact left a towering Pillar of water where the Weltall had been.

-Snow/Jason/Jennefer-

The missiles subsided and Snow was ready returned the Harken's to their places in the forearms. He was up against two tough foes the Speedy Percival and the Powerful Mordred. Snow was acutely aware the Mordred had what was likely the most powerful Knightmare mounted weapon to date.

However at the moment the Percival was on top of him, it's MSV Drill aglow with green energy. Jennefer attacked with a lighting fast trust the moment the missile barrage ended. Snow's, now experience trained, reflexes kicked in just in time to allow him to evade with out losing and arm; Acting Quickly on the opening, he drew the Shen-hu's knife and stabbed at the Precival's chest.

This time he wasn't quite fast enough as the Percival manged to position the MSV Drill between the two and parry the blade. Jennefer retaliated as quickly as she could manage firing the Percival's Head spike right at the Shen-hu's face. Her target however managed to move just barely to the side letting the harken Scrape against the head without doing any serious damage.

Snow couldn't keep this going much longer he didn't know what other tricks his foe might have for him and was worried about the other KMF. after the Harken Scraped by he broke the lock and ulled down and back. but there was a surprise awaiting him the Mordred now with a clear line of sight fired it's Four Stark Hadron Cannons right at the Shen-hu.

Killian Icer/Claus Rissur

-coming soon?-

Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

As the doctors finished checking him out he watched the exchange in the other room between Kylern and Rena. He didn't pry with his powers as he felt Zaine do. This kind of moment needed to be left to them. He focused his atention back to the doc checking him out. "So anything life threatening?"

"Surprisingly no mostly superficial damage all mendable with time." answered the doc.

"Anything to stop me from walking?" Zangetsu asked.

"No, but that arm of yours will need to be in a sling for a little bit. neds some time to mend." the doc replied.

"Okay." said Zangetsu as he put his left arm in the sling and walked out of the infirmary and into the hangar seeking conversation.