Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG Discussion Thread 3

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

Nero, I'm getting the odd vibe that you ripped off Zaine's backstory for Risa, but it could just be me worrying over nothing.

Anyone else getting that feeling?
Nero

What? Zaine doesn't have a backstory... At least, I don't think he does.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
SNT1

Zaine as a Fandom guy being ganked by the Ceres is just about as far back as I can remember for a backstory.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

He does, but it's one hell of a mess and we try to leave it alone for that reason.

They do share the friendly fire aspect as Zaine wound up shooting at forces on his own side. (Though that was as much of Omega's error as it was the character.)
The story you're telling Rawn is hard to follow for other reasons as well. Namely, where and when did this event take place? I think that having this be a case of Loyalists vs. would-be defectors would work better than whatever it was you had in mind originally. Risa would be one of the loyalists in the GN-X who was disabled before the defectors were wiped out and her comrades presumed her dead and left what little of the suit remained (no GN drive to salvage).

The ship that Riku was on could then come by and search for survivors since they were to meet with the defectors, but finding only Risa still alive.

You'll also have to change the story in the profile to match this new story as well. When you update the profiles, make sure the descriptions are fixed as well.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

Please correct me if i got any of the history i mentioned in my last post wrong.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Nero

Changed to reflect the backstory for them, and the post was fixed...
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Sume Gai

Strike Zero: What horrors have you unleashed upon us?
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

Why, whatever do you mean, Gai?

Everybody knows that Strike Witches are cute and cuddly. :D
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

please keep their pants on at least...

oh and don't be surprised if someone ignores them because of their size
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Wingnut

When I approved this, I made it a direct order that they have comicbook superhero spandex on when deployed at the very minimum.

As far as their size goes, I would think that they would be mistaken for some kind of new missile rather than being ignored.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

well there's one bullet dodged at least.

By ignoring, I mean their attacks if KMF assault rifles are considered useless...

Wedge14

Can't dodge every bullet right?

Hey Strike Zero! Why don't you have a seat?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Strike Zero

Sume Gai wrote:well there's one bullet dodged at least.

By ignoring, I mean their attacks if KMF assault rifles are considered useless...
Ah, but there in lies the beauty of it--KMF assault rifles aren't fueled by MAGICAL POWERS.
Kylern

In the anime the guns weren't powered by magic (yes I actually watched it). They were oversized conventional weapons... So going off that logic they actually have less firepower than your average WWII fighter plane, which they were suppose to replace.

This will be worse than child abuse...
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Fritz Ashlyn

Kylern wrote:This will be worse than child abuse...
Interesting choice of words...
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Strike Zero

Kylern wrote:In the anime the guns weren't powered by magic (yes I actually watched it). They were oversized conventional weapons... So going off that logic they actually have less firepower than your average WWII fighter plane, which they were suppose to replace.
While you would normally be correct, there are two flaws with your assessment.

1.) While the guns weren't, the cutting abilities of Sakamoto's sword was indeed increased by her powers, so there's that.

2.) It's true that the Strike Witches of the show were armed with typical WWII weaponry. How quickly you seem to forget that this RPG isn't set in WWII. This is... the FUTURE! :D

Even if you guys don't seem to think too highly of them, I intend to give them a grand entrance using my characters alone at least, so just wait until then.
Kylern

and hand held guns haven't changed... So you switch a browning machine-gun with a 50cal from a humvee. Just saying hand-held weapons in this world aren't too much different than conventional weapons now, except stronger.

Just making sure everything is set because things are slowly getting weirder... Gai now has a newtype like cat, and Zaine has been watching too much Naruto. We've also got Sith Lords and Munchkins... Maybe I should create a factor and let them pilot the Linebarrel in its shadow mode.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

she's not a newtype [size=0]yet[/size] just naturally agile

Omega

Kylern wrote:Zaine has been watching too much Naruto.
Actually Inuyasha gave me the idea for the demon, I'm only going off Naruto for the appearance. (I guarantee you he'll appear under similar conditions to how Inuyasha went nuts when someone's about to kill him.)
Strike Zero

Kylern wrote:and hand held guns haven't changed... So you switch a browning machine-gun with a 50cal from a humvee.
Who ever said anything about a .50 cal? :twisted: