Chapter 17: Rescue and Return (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

- Jessie -
- Artemis hanger -

"I was wondering..." Jessie said as she approached the two young witches who were at present eating their lunches atop a workbench. "How did you two get involved with the army in the first place...?"

Rosy froze mid-chew and she frowned, thinking. "I dunno..." she replied finally. "I guess it sorta just happened..."

Lily looked over in Jessie's direction, but she continued to eat and remained silent.

"All I know is that the two of us were living in an orphanage until some government guys arrived one day and picked us up," she continued. "Next thing we knew, we were working with Jo, training to become Striker Unit pilots."

Most probably, this was due to the Federation's supposed interest in those who exhibited these so-called 'magical powers'. Jo had quickly briefed Jessie on the matter earlier, though she had been skeptical in believing it. It wasn't until she had had the girls give a demonstration that Jessie had been fully convinced.

"Didn't you... ever wonder what it was like outside the military...?" Jessie questioned further.

Again, another frown from Rosy. "Nope. Not really."

It was then that Jo decided to make an appearance. "If you're concerned about the livelihood of my girls, you need not at all," she said, walking around the bench and placing a hand on each girl's shoulder. "They are well cared for, I assure you."

Jessie could only nod, with no choice but to accept this without evidence to the contrary. "Are there any others like them...?"

"Other witches? Several," Jo replied, "though none of them are nearly as advanced as these two here." She paused. "Well, there was one. It was a young coordinator girl stationed at the base over in the Andes. Her powers were quite exceptional and I'd been wanting to get my hands on her for quite some time, but before the transfer request could be approved she left our ranks, defecting to the DC for some reason. That's the last I ever heard of her."

"Anyway," she continued, "there are dozens of others who have the potential to be a Witch in the care of Section 12. They will someday become as powerful as Rosy and Lily... it's simply a matter of more training and exercising of their abilities. Once that's been done, and once our test of the Striker Units is complete, we will have an entire division of Strike Witches ready for deployment."

"That's another thing I've been meaning to ask..." Jessie interjected. "What exactly is this 'test' we're going to be doing...?"

"Ah, so glad you asked," Jo replied happily. "It's quite simple really--we're going to be mounting an attack on the stronghold of the Divine Crusader forces: Aidoneus Island.

Jessie's brow shot up a notch. "An attack on DC headquarters...? Are you sure you're not... overreaching...?"

"We're not going to be attacking the base proper, of course," Jo said with a chuckle. "That would be too much, even for my girls here. No... what I hope to do is show that Rosy and Lily are an even match for a champion of the DC; one of the infamous members of the Gundam team.

Jo made her hand into the shape of an airplane and sent it into a diving motion. "We'll locate a single one of them as they're out on patrol. Then, Lily and Rosy will swoop in and engage it while you stand back as backup. Then, working together, they'll shoot the Gundam down, then pull back. Easy, no?"

Jessie glanced back at the pair, happily munching on their food (or she had to assume happy at least--Lily had no expression on her face whatsoever). Easy? For the two of them against a Gundam? Not likely.

"Anyway, the operation will begin in just over two hours," Jo said. She moved to Jessie's side and slapped the girl on the back. "You better get yourself ready--even if you are just backup, I want you in tip top shape out there!"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

He listened, somewhat dissappointed, but figured it was probably for the best that he not find out what he wanted.

"... Thanks for what you could tell me though."

He then went back to the Lancelot before departing for the Valhalla, via Landspinners to conserve energy.

After parking the KMF, and taking a moment to help the techs switch out the fillers, He decided to try and locate Tallis.

It took a little bit, but he found her working on a weird spherical robot. Deciding it might be best if he left her alone awhile longer, he simply stayed outside where she was working, out of her sight, and wait until she wasn't busy before going to talk to her.

-Excalibur-

The Pegasus-Class carrier soon arrived at Wake Island without incident.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

She had done everything she could replacing the damaged chips with blank ones. as it was the Haro still needed an outer casing, which she could machine later, and some kind of personality program, she had no idea where to locate something like that.

Tallis leaned back once she was 'finished' and noticed Zaine.

"Oh...uh... Zaine what are you doing here?"

She pushed the unfinished Haro aside even knowing she couldn't hide what she was doing.

-Charles Darwin-

it took a little longer but the Charles Darwin arrived at Wake soon after the Excalibur.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine-

Tallis noticed him before he could move and simply decided to speak.

"Well... I felt guilty over making you worry when I got captured and wanted to make it up to you somehow..."
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis shook her head fervently as she answered. She didn't want Zaine to think he somehow owed her for that.

"n-no. don't worry about it I'm just glad you're alright."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Zaine-

Zaine wasn't exactly willing to take no for an answer at the moment, so he walked over to her, gently caught her at the chin and lifted her head up slightly in a way that would give away exactly what he was going to do so she could stop him if she wanted... however, he at least decided to voice the request, taking care to make sure they were alone, which they were, save the little robot Tallis had been working on.

"Tallis... could you... close your eyes... for a moment?" He seemed a little more embarrassed about it than the last time he had asked.

-MP-

An MP approached the Forbidden, with a message for it's pilot.

After climbing up the scaffolding to the cockpit hatch, the MP knocked on the Gundam's cockpit.

"Sousuke Hanekoma? When you're ready, report to the Excalibur for your new assignment." After relaying the message, the MP departed.
Wingnut

- Raven Sterling, the next day -

The intel reports coming in were not good. The forces being assembled at Wake Island were becoming larger than anticipated and included reports of at least two Gundam type mobile suits.
Most worrisome was the large unit that was stationed there. Impossible to hide on such a small base, it was clearly intended to be the spearhead of any attack on Hawaii. There's no way I'm letting that thing run amok here. We have to hit them first while they're still getting ready.

Raven quickly began typing up orders to mobilize her forces as quickly as possible. What remained of the AGT along with the other prototype machines ((aka any other PCs at the base)) were to be made ready and loaded onto Land Battleships for a preemptive strike on the Federation forces at Wake Island.
The last dozen of Metal Armor mobile dolls would be also part of the attack force along with another dozen GN-XIII mobile suits.

Raven herself would lead the attack accompanied by the Trinity pair.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

"What's going on over there, I wonder?"

It would appear that Raven was preparing for a massive assault of some sort. Her left eye flashed once, and she quickly accessed the base's mainframe to acquire any relevant data.

"Well, well... several Federation Gundams... including a Destroy Gundam..." she murmured to herself. Most interesting. Too bad the AGT, considering its track record, didn't have much of a chance of accomplishing anything significant against them. Unless, of course, they got some help

The young cyborg girl opened up a radio channel to Raven at her work station. "I hear tell you're going to be facing one monster of a mobile suit," she said. "If you ask nicely, I may consider lending a hand. I wouldn't mind taking a trip back to Wake Island. The weather there is so nice this time of year..."
Omega

-Byakuya/Blaze Squadron-

Despite having to test the new Ahead, The Steel Dragon decided to sit this one out with Blaze Squadron following suit.
Wingnut

- Raven -

She's got as much spunk as the reports say.
"I was counting on it in fact. I would appreciate the help that you and your machine would provide. It's not the DC Gundams, but I figure you wouldn't mind getting out of the office as it were for a little action."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

"Very well..." Kayla replied. "I'm ready to depart at anytime."

With that, she made her way over to the Cattleya, where she would wait within the monster machine's cockpit and focus on the coming battle

"Maybe this time I'll be able to use the Breaker Shot..."
Kylern

-Nowe-

"Looks like a new operation. And Madame Raven is leading it... Sounds like this will be fun." Nowe called his machine in to be loaded up and ready for the next operation as well. It was only a GN-XIII but its buster sword might be able to turn the tides for him.

-Kylern-

He carried Rena in and laid her down in her room so she could sleep. He made his way back towards the hangar area to try and socialize for once. Not that anyone ever seemed interested in chatting with him.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Zaine had gone off somewhere else and soon after Kylern came into the hanger. Normally this would be normal for a member of the Gundam Team, but Kylern's TEMJIN was in another hanger. Wingnut was aware of this and called down to him from just outside the cockpit.

"Something we can do for you, Kylern?"
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

--Taylor--

What was supposed to be "nothing big" of a deal turned out quite something, evidenced by the fact that it took her an hour with Rachel and the new captain to confirm things. Especially the way this ship was brought about, seemingly a finger to that SNRI representative that just landed not too far from the Fafnir.

Taylor, the de-facto leader of the Federation squad, sends the squad a notice to meet at the base, including the two helpers: Highwind, Hyuga, Nueve, Rie, Shot, Smart.

People will eventually trickle towards the briefing room for a seemingly mundane assignment...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Kylern

-Nowe-

"Alright man. Can't wait to see what the new models can do." Wedge hadn't yelled at him or anything so that was a good sign. And with that conversation piece practically done he took off to carve out his position on the nearest Ground Battleship things. His GN-XIII was already on and latched in.

-Kylern-

Oh he knew this wasn't where his machine was... Not that it mattered since it was under work. He had shown up to see what was going on with these guys.

"Nothing much, just curious about how things are going around here. I don't get to socialize much since I'm apart of a different unit." He scratched his head with a small laugh not sure what he was suppose to say. He was curious as to why Wingnut came back down to Earth.

"I'm guessing space was too much for ya too handle huh?" It was a conversation starter...
SNT1

(gonna have to take temp. control of Sophia Hyuga; it's just a small task)

--Gundam Team ver. Awesome--

It did not take much long for the pilots to meet; everyone was there. Even Johann and Slug, the new pilot Sophia, and the small crew of Fafnir. Taylor began the introduction.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming here.

"Some of you may already know, but the Federation is in the process of taking Wake Island as our own. It is an ideal outpost for future attacks in the Fandom, and in the future, the Divine Crusaders. Those two bases, Hawaii and Aidoneus, are their last strongholds in the Pacific. Basically, we bring them down, and the Pacific is ours.

"You would realize that it's not a simple task---both are heavily fortified. So for now, we will try to begin a long-term strategics plan to turn Wake Island into a Federation Fortress."

Rachel's interest is apparent; Slug and Johann just itching for some real action again, the Duskraiders wingmen can't wait to test out their new units, and Sophia seems eager enough for the first mission.

Taylor continues, "This won't happen overnight. And we won't try to speed it up---such a massive influx of infrastructure like the Fandom did about a month ago will cause red flags and we don't want all forces simultaneously attacking. And right now, the main command forces are still trying to sort out what kind of mobile suits they want to send and protect the construction workers and the base itself.

The timing of the Fafnir couldn't have been better. We will use that vessel to basically defend the ships coming and patrol the area. The ships containing the supplies had crossed contested waters and it is no surprise if the Fandom or the DC shows up to blow them up.

So this doesn't mean we know we will see enemy forces, but the chances are high. Also keep in mind that if they try to take the Island, or somehow get there first, do not hesitate to blow it away. It's already a wreck at the moment and wouldn't make a difference if it had a few more craters.

We are not alone in this; we have the Excalibur to aid, and another barge coming from Taipei. It has the Destroy Gundam, and is to intercept from the seas if we need an extra oompf.

Any questions?"

"Does Fafnir have a battery recharger?" Johann asks. Cpt. Johnson replies, "Yes, all Archangel-class ships have that capability."

"How long are we to do this?" Rachel asks.

Taylor shrugs, "Up to three weeks they say, but that's the maximum."

After a bit of silence, Taylor then concludes. "Alright, we leave in 0200 and we arrive there by night. Get plenty of sleep. Dismissed!"

The pilots salute (even the Sidewinder guys) and go about in different directions.
Last edited by SNT1 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Wingnut sighed as he prepared to tell the story for the third time today.
"In short, I got word that things were not going well down here so I came back. It seems like one big stalemate up there anyway, though I wouldn't be surprised if it got real noisy if we all went up there."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"Things seem alright to me." Kylern shrugged his shoulders and took a seat on a crate of ammo for the Lion's railguns. "Besides even if anything did happen theres enough competent people here to clean it up. Unless someone has suddenly declared the rest of us need a babysitter?" He wasn't serious in his tone of course and didn't want Wingnut replying hostile in any way.

"Though I am sorry about Rena wanting to play with your Wing Zero. Then again it seems to be the most popular unit here. Everyone thinks they can master the Zero system after all." He crossed his legs and sat indian style with his chin now in his hands with his elbows on his knees.
Sume Gai

Wraith

It hadn't been long after returning that Wraith learned two things. First that his Master was there on base and second that she was on the Battlefield again. He immediately proceeded her; knocking on the door to the room he had been tolsd she was using for audiences.

Wan Fey Lo

Wan had just heard of the mission to take Wake; He needed a chance to test the Weltall in real Combat and immediately began preparations. He would also bring the last two members of the Icer team with him.

Sume Gai

"I wouldn't dream of messing with that system things are hard enough without the ZERO Chipping away at my psyche"

It had been shear accident that Gai had over heard the conversiation in progress as he reentered the hanger This time he wore the head piece and had the will Edge across his back.

Wingnut

- Wingnut -

It may seem alright, but things can easily go bad in a hurry when you least expect. Mike learned that the hard way.

"No harm done. Though, I imagine that one of us would have a better chance than anyone else from this world. We know exactly what this thing can do and how its insides operate. Thus, we can achieve a measure of control over the side effects.
At least that's what I said to Bian when I convinced him to let me pilot Zero. When I found it, they had it buried in a isolated hanger with whispers of it being a devil machine for what it did to its pilots.

As for chipping away at my psyche, I've learned that it's much easier to work with the system and form a sort of symbiotic relationship with it rather than fight the effects of the sampling it does. That may have been the biggest problem the DC test pilots had." Wingnut said as he finished up the maintenance on the Zero's systems.

"As for being a babysitter... let's just say I'm keeping a promise I made to the late Mr. Radachi and leave it at that for now."

- Raven Sterling -

"So be sure that the Thrones are loaded and ready to depart with the rest of the force." said Raven.

"Understood, my lady." replied Johann just as Wraith knocked and the door opened to reveal him.

Raven could tell by the look in his eyes, the one unobscured feature on his face, that he had something very important to report.

"That will be all, Johann."

"Yes, ma'mn." he replied and gave Wraith a once over as he left the room to ready the mobile suits.

"Do come in Raven. I can see you have something pressing on your mind."

- Charles Gorden -

The new orders left him little time for relaxing. It suited the Red Eagle just fine though as he was starting to feel the effects of losing again and again to technologically superior opponents at every turn wearing down his morale.

We must claim a victory here if we're to save any of what's left of our pride. he thought as he started loading up the Tallgeese onto one of the transports.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.