Chapter 17: Rescue and Return (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

- Strike/Xiu -

"Hey! Check this out!"

Strike turned to see Xiu gripping a high-frequency combat knife in her palm, a sly grin on her face. She then proceeded to put the knife through a rapid series of spins, twirling the weapon backward and forward around her fingers in a number of dizzying arcs. The room lights glinting off the metal as it danced around served to further increase the spectacle. She finished by tossing the weapon into the air and expertly snatching it as it came down by the hilt.

The young man nodded in approval. "Nice."

"Heh," Xiu said, pocketing the blade. "Maybe with a little more practice, I can change my class from 'thief' to 'assassin'."

Strike hefted the assault rifle he collected early and shoved in a fully loaded magazine with a satisfying clack. "You ready? If so, let's get moving. Zangetsu and Zaraki are bound to have started by now..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai having finished with Zaine's training had gotten the Will Edge hoping to get in some practice with it. He knew he was no swordsman but rather just an amateur swinging a huge blade and was worried that it might one day prove his undoing. on the way however he encountered the heavily armed Xiu and Strike.

"What's going on? why do you guys look like you're about to take on the Fandom, on foot?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Hawaii base -

"Control here, permission granted Blaze Squadron. Proceed to hanger R3."

The operator then sent a message to the PDA of Bakurya to alert him to report to hanger R3 as well.

- Raven Sterling and co. -

No no no no no no no no no no. repeated Raven in her own mind which prompted Johann and Nena who were standing nearby to wonder what was going on that had their CO with her head in her hands acting as if the world was coming to an end.

"Excuse me, Lady Raven." began Johann. "Is there something the matter?"

"No. Yes. It depends on who you ask." she replied.

"Okay, now I'm confused." said Nena.

"The higher ups are apparently not satisfied by my war record as of late with failing to deal with the Gundam team and those new GN suits. They're sending someone to replace me. Ever hear of Victous Falcon or Garmin Aelfhere?"

"I'm not familiar with the former, but Aelfhere is the 'Sword of 1000 victories' isn't he?" replied Johann.

"He is. He's also the man that my and his family are trying to get me to marry."

"What?" cried Nena. "They want to force you to get married to some random guy just because he's high ranking?"

"Forgive me for saying so, Lady Raven, but wouldn't this be a relatively good thing?" asked Johann.

"On paper it might seem that way, but while many see him as a brave soldier and skilled commander, I know him to be a selfish bastard who would gladly send a legion of his own men to die in his place. Not to mention offer me up to who or whatever at the drop of a hat if it suited his plans.

I'm fairly tolerant of the men I work with and I could even live with being married to some of them, but I would rather face the worst the Federation can throw at me rather than marry him."

"So he's a total slime ball in a fancy coat." replied Nena.

Raven couldn't suppress a smirk at Nena's remark. "Yes, you could say he is."

Standing up from her desk Raven looked out the window down at the rest of the base.
"Until they get here though I'm still in command. What is the status of our mobile suits?"

"The Thrones have been fully repaired and resupplied. We are also due to receive the first prototypes of the Ahead model today as well." said Johann.

"Good. The Federation has been building up forces at Wake Island for a while now ever since we abandoned it. I'd be more surprised if they didn't take the opportunity to attack this base at some point. We'll all need to be ready for when they do."

"Yes, ma'mn." said Johann.
"Roger." replied Nena with her trademark wink and V sign.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Blaze Squadron-

"Understood." The GN-XIIIs followed by the transport descended towards R-3 and were waiting there for the pilot they would be giving their orders to.

-Byakuya-

He recieved the message and made his way to said hangar, where much to his surprise, were three GN-XIIIs waiting for someone.

"Ah, Major Kamiya. We've been waiting for you." Came from the leader.

This caused the Dragon to raise an eyebrow. "I would assume that the higher-ups sent you for some reason."

The lead GN-X kneeled and out of it's cockpit came the leader of Blaze Squadron, who nodded in response to the statement.

The man walked forward and saluted. "Greetings, Major Kamiya. I am Liutenant Julius Blaze, leader of Blaze Squadron." After that, he handed Byakuya the orders for his squad of GN-XIIIs.

Byakuya: "...... They seem to think I'm out of my league against the new pilots."

Julius: "We wouldn't be here otherwise... They've also decided to give you a new machine to replace the Advanced GN-X you've been piloting until now."

As if in response, the prototype Ahead was brought out of the transport, which caused Byakuya to raise his head in confusion.

"What? But it's in prototype colors... They intend for me to be a Test pilot..."

"Yes... My apologies, everything is there in that pamphlet."

After taking a moment to read it all the way through, Byakuya couldn't help but feel worried for some odd reason.

Another Ahead was moved out of the transport.

Byakuya: "Hm? Who's that one for?"
Julius: : "Oh, that one belongs to someone else."

-Zaine-

Deciding he'd look for her later, Zaine left the hangar in the Lancelot, soon became airborne, and made to try what he learned after heading to open air. Anyone who saw it would think he was showing off despite his best efforts not to.
Strike Zero

- Strike/Xiu -

"Ah, Gai. Perfect timing," Strike said, resting the rifle over his shoulder. "If you could spare a few moments, maybe you could help us with something."

"Long story short: Zangetsu is putting Zaraki into a robot body and going to fight him. We're going to be there to back him up in case he fails and stop Zaraki before he can get loose."

"I believe they're in a laboratory over that'a way... belongs to a guy named Norman or something. Wanna tag along? We could use all the help we can get."
Wedge14

-Hawaii-
Lt. Fourteen was present for the unloading of his Ahead. He listened in on an older dude and a younger guy discuss things. He approached them, rather quietly before butting in.

"Looks like you got a wingman old timer." Fourteen said announcing his presence.

He was still wearing his blue test team jacket. So it was clear that he was the other intended pilot.

"Lt. Wedge Fourteen!" He said with a grin. "Don't feel so bad about being stuck on the test team gramps! We get to play with all the toys before everyone else!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

that sounded troublesome, against a robot Zagetsu might need some serious help or at least a weapon that could win. Such a weapon Gai might just have; His hand moved up to the hilt reflexively as he spoke.

"Right; I'll come. What weapons are they fighting with?"

Tallis Stenner
-a few hours ago-

Tallis had indeed awoken late that day and once she was awake she, with nothing better to do, went to offer her help in the hanger. It turned out that there were already far more than enough mechanics and her talents were unneeded. But on the way out something caught her eye on a rubbish pile the bisected Haro that had been abandoned by the mechanics and plot alike.

Interested she took the two halves and studied them. It seemed like it could be fixed with the proper parts but it's memory and personality circuits would need to be replaced. She had nothing better to do at the moment so she liberated the damaged Haro and the parts she would need to repair it.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Mr. Hanekoma

Sosuke Hanekoma
-Charles Darwin- Takemikazuchi-class Carrier-

It was late at night, and most everyone except the night shift had long ago gone to their bunks onboard the ship. Hanekoma, however, was sitting in the Forbidden's cockpit, typing away at the tiny keyboard. Hanekoma had spent the past several nights rewriting his Gundam's OS and fortifying its firewalls. He stored a lot of important information in the Forbidden's systems, and with recent events was worried about security.

His uniform jacket hung open, and around Hanekoma's neck was a silver medallion in the shape of a raven in flight. A single sapphire shined as its eye. This medallion was Hanekoma's most prized possession. It was also his greatest secret. He doubted the Federation knew the significance of the medallion, but he wasn't going to chance anything. He kept it hidden under his uniform at all times, unless he was absolutely sure he was alone. This was one of those times.

As Sosuke typed away, his thoughts turned toward the battle he knew was coming. He wasn't a military tactician, but even he could see that the massive military build-up at Wake Island was for a campaign to take back Hawaii from the Fandom. The last he'd heard, Hawaii was Raven Sterling's last stronghold on Earth. The thought of Raven caused Sosuke to unconsciously reach up and grasp the medallion around his neck.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
Strike Zero

- Strike -

"In all likelihood, he's using that katana I saw him carrying around earlier," Strike replied. "He was saying that he'd 'strike him down with this sword no matter what' or something like that. Personally, I think he's lost it, but to each his own, I guess."

"Anyways, we better get a move on. The fights probably already started." With that, he and Xiu took off down the hallway in the direction of the lab.
Omega

-Byakuya/Julius-

The Steel Dragon and Julius turned toward the test pilot after he spoke up.

Julius: "May I shove him in the barrel of my GN Beam Rifle for disrespecting you Major?"

Byakuya leaned in so only Julius would hear before speaking. "Don't. It'd be a waste of particles..."

Byakuya turned to face the young man before introducing himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lt. Fourteen. I'm Major Byakuya Kamiya."

He then held out a hand offering a handshake as a friendly gesture.
Kylern

-Natalia-

Spotting her target she slipped in beside Rena with a smile. "I heard you did well in capturing those Gundams during the last operation. Gotta say, impressive for a newb." Oh yeah that was patronizing... Natalia was taller, older, and of higher rank so she was allowed to be patronizing if she wanted to. Unless Rena wanted to fight over it, but Natalia had already assumed she could defeat the Wing Gundam if she had to.

-Nowe-

Finally he spotted some people and it seemed to be that Steel Dragon fellow he had harassed months ago. And there seemed to be something going on with that fellow with the test team. Both of these guys were pilots of the new Enacts unlike Nowe who was stuck with his custom GN-XIII. Not that it mattered... he had bested the old man once.

Nowe slipped in to interfere slightly by coming up to the test pilot fellow. "I've been waiting to meet you Lt. We were stationed at the same base for awhile but I never got to meet you. I'm Warrant Officer Triefth and served with the Raven battalion during the last drop operation." Where the woman with the Gundam Throne was he didn't know... He had lost track of them during the battle when he was separated.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nero

-Rena-

"Um... Thanks..." She felt scared for some reason, but couldn't put her finger on why.

"I-Is there a... reason you wanted to talk to me?"
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Natalia-

She could smell the fear and had already established herself as the alpha female in this situation. This was delightful... This girl was innocent and weak which made her giddy with excitement.

"Why you so scared? I'm not going to hurt you or anything. We just haven't talked since you first joined us and I was curious how you been doing. I personally didn't think you would become a rising star here in DC." Natalia was just playing nice as she sweet talked Rena before placing her hand on her back and leading her towards the dock. "So have you had any sort of trouble? I could easily make them disappear since we're friends."
Nero

-Rena-

If not for Natalia's use of the word friends, Rena probably would've screamed right there.

"Um... I've had a bit with Kylern... but nothing much aside from that..."
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Natalia-

She could have laughed right there as she mentioned her absolutely least favorite person. Instead she decided to play around and in a Godfather like voice replied, "So... You want me to off the otherworlder punk? I'll have to charge you depending on your preference. 100 creds for a bullet to the head, or 500 creds for an accidental death." Then she did indeed giggle a little thinking it was funny.

"Nah seriously. What sort of problem can you have with that idiot? Unless you catch him in one of those 'moods' and you wind up like my poor little GN Flag." She smiled even though it made her burn inside. Her first even clenched hard enough to where her nails started to dig into her flesh and draw trickles of blood.
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu VS. Zaraki-

Zaraki came at him with a flurry of slashes. Zangetsu didn't know what to do. 'If I block one the other will hit me. If i dodge he'll keep preshing the attack.'

"What're doing you moron!" said Zaraki as he closed the gap between them.

Zangetsu had no choice but, to block one of the blades.

"Ha, too slow!" Zaraki yelled as he stabbed Zangetsu's shoulder with the other blade and pinned him to the wall. "I know all your moves before you even think about them."

Terror and pain covered Zangetsu's face as he tried to break free.

"You disapoint me boy." Zaraki said as he headbutted Zangetsu against the wall causing Zangetsu's nose to bleed. Zaraki backed away and allowed Zangetsu to slide to the floor. "I wonder why i never took over? With your skills it would've been easy."

Zangetsu quickly brought the sword up in a slash at Zaraki's gut. Which went in a inch or two before Zaraki's insides stopped it.

"Tch, pitifull." Zaraki said as he started to frown. "I'll finish you now."

Zangetsu saw the blades decend at him and dodgerolled to the side.

"Great, now you're defencless. What'll you do?" Zaraki asked as he slowly walked toward Zangetsu with the katanna stuck in his gut.

Zangetsu stood horrified. 'How could i have forgotten to pull my sword out?'
Nero

-Rena-

"Well... Nothing much... aside from the fact that he pretended that he never kissed me right after giving me my first kiss..." It was then that she realized they were at the docks... Then she remembered she didn't know how to swim...

"Um... Are you... going to... help me... learn to swim?"
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"lets hope not."

Gai set out at a run not at maximum speed but enough that the others might be left behind if they didn't follow suit.

He arrived to see Zangetsu cornered and weaponless. He knew one swift attack could stop Zaraki but that would be counter to the point of Zangetsu's actions. yet...Gai was not willing to see Zangetsu struck down, without a weapon, in front of him. Removing the Will Edge from the sheath Gai called out.

"Zangetsu... If you wish to strike him down, use this. If your will is strong enough it can cut through anything. WILL EDGE!"

With those words Gai flung the heavy blade towards the fighters where it spun past Zaraki and embedded itself, though loosely, in the wall behind Zangetsu. It wasn't a suitable sword for a human to fight with, it's wieght and size would make it difficult to wield effectively but it might give Zangetsu a chance which seemed more than he had at the moment.

Strike Zero

- Strike/Xiu -

Even with Gai's sword, Strike wasn't at all confident in Zangetsu's ability to to defeat Zaraki while he had a robot body. He cocked the bolt on his rifle, securing it into place...

"C'mon, you idiot!" Xiu shouted suddenly. Strike looked down at the young girl, surprised.

"What happened to that confident attitude of yours, huh?" she continued loudly. "Don't tell me that after all the crap you gave me, you're gonna let yourself be beaten here?! What, just because you don't have him to back you up anymore, your suddenly defenseless? I know you've got more in you than that!"

She jabbed a finger in the sword-ridden Zaraki's direction. "Get going and kick his butt! Beat him!"
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu VS. Zaraki-

Zaraki turned to Gai. "This is the last time you'll interupt me." he said as he threw one of the kodachi at Gai's head.

Zangetsu quickly pulled the Will Edge from the wall and parried the kodachi in the air. "No more Zaraki! No longer will you threaten my friends!" replied Zangetsu as he ran striaght for Zaraki.

Zaraki responded by running full force at Zangetsu and threw the other kodachi before drawing the katana in his side out.

Zangetsu blocked the second one and then attacked Zaraki. The Will edge bit into the katana forming several cracks before breaking. Zangetsu pushed trough and slashed Zaraki from his left shoulder down to his right hip.

"Tch, you got some never kid." Zaaki said as his eyes started to blink. "I'll be back to kill yah later."

Norman quickly understood what Zaraki meant and sent some of his wires to destroy Zaraki's head, which they promtly severed .

Zangetsu turned to Gai and presented him the Will Edge. "Thanks for the blade........." was all he could get out before he passed out and fell to the floor, the Will Edge standing upright as it peirced the ground.

Norman quickly called the medical teams. Elsewhere on the island unknown to anyone Kayvn's eyes for the breifest moments turned yellow.