Chapter 17: Rescue and Return (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

-Avalon-

Indeed the Zapper Shot did not break through the shields, especially since it had been reduced in power by Kylern's earlier modifications. The Avalon rocked quite a bit but Kylern wouldn't be getting close without trouble. The Avalon opened fire on him with Missiles, a lack of both Minovsky and GN interference meant they would have excellent tracking on the TEMJIN. To make matters worse, if he got any closer, he'd find himself under heavy fire from the CIWS as well as the Missiles.

still they held back the KMFs hoping to weather the onslaught.

Clare Rosewater

She entered the hanger to find Zaine had vanished, he was hiding it seemed but Clare wasn't about to let him get away. He was a loose prisoner and she wanted to finish things personally; the Gun in her hand seemed like cold hard Justice.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

-TEMJIN-

As expected his first shot didn't do anymore than rock the boat but that was its plan. Now that the focus was on him the others could do their job and get that guy out of there. So with Max Boosters at max the TEMJIN charged into the missile swarm as the powerbombs in his hand started to crackle. Kylern had altered its fire type and now they were plasma electric bombs.

So with the missiles swarming in he threw the first on at the group and watched it explode sending a wave of plasma out that started to fire the missiles it came into contact with creating a wall of smoke. The TEMJIN then performed a heel kick and hopped over the thick wall of shrapnal and sparks and was now coming from above where the Avalon was lighter armed. Kylern had seen CG and knew the when the this ship was designed its main purpose was to fight ground foes so it wasn't designed to engage units above it.

So in a new position he fired the second power bomb down onto the Avalon aiming to over load one of the missile launchers with plasma electricity and prematurely detonate them.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Omega

-Zaine-

It seemed the password was correct as he was able to move the KMF now. The young pilot moved towards the catapult giving away where he had hidden as the cockpit hatch closed behind him.

"Thanks for the way out." Was what Clare would hear as Zaine left the Avalon.

after leaving the KMF Carrier, his attention immediately went to a pair of mechs off in the distance. 'Are they...'

With little understanding of the mech, he did his best to get away from the ship, which looked rather clumsy but was still fairly effective.
Strike Zero

- Strike -

"The Lancelot!" Strike growled, catching sight of the KMF speeding out of the Avalon's hanger. Looks like they were going to have to swat some flies before they could rescue Zaine.

He transformed the Delta and opened a COM channel to the Lancelot. "Prepare to be exploded, Federation foo'!" Strike shouted. He powered up his rifle, took aim, and tracked the white and gold Frame with the weapon as it approached.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Strike?! Don't shoot! It's me, Zaine!!!" He shouted, after hearing Strike's voice.
Strike Zero

- Strike -

Strike froze and stared at the oncoming Lancelot upon hearing Zaine's voice. "Zaine? That's you?"

The transmission had indeed come from the Lancelot, there was no denying that. Zaine was flying that thing.

A wide grin spread across Strike's face as he lowered his rifle. "Well, how-dee-do. Nice work there, mate! Get your ass back to the Ceres!"

Strike charged past the Lancelot in the direction of the Avalon. "No prisoner on board... this simplifies matters!"

He proceeded to unload into the enemy ship, sending over half a dozen shots from his beam rifle in its direction.
Sume Gai

Avalon

Kylern would find his attack only sparking across and scorching the surface The tubes had been emptied when they attacked him and had yet to be reloaded. Mean while the CIWS continued to pelt the TEMJIN the V Converting Armor wouldn't last much longer if it hadn't already given out..

Strike's attack smashed into the Shields causing the ship to again rock violently

Clare Rosewater

She Was at first surprised then cursed as she realized what was happening. She rushed over to the nearest KMF, the Tristan in wich hal was watching these goings on.

"Clare? If you're here-"

"Get out! I need the Tristan."

She forced Hal aside and herself into the already running Tristan and prroceeded to charge Zaine who launched beofre she could reach. THe chase didn't end there; In her fury she flew right out of the Avalon straight after him MVS Polearm ready.

"ZAINE! GET BACK HERE! THIEF!! MURDERER!!!!"

She raised the weapon and made a quick Downward Stroke at the fleeing Lancelot.

Claus Rissur

On the Bridge even Claus was getting tense as the White Machine attacked them directly where they had no shields to defend. then something unwanted happened.

"sir! the Conquista is Launching!"

"What is Clare doing?"

as if to answer this question a call from the now mechless Hal Came in.

"Commander Someone Took Clare's machine and she's cashing after him in the Tristan."

it took only seconds for the ship to move from it's previous defensive stance to a full attack stance; all remaining Knightmares were ordered to launch just before Claus left the bridge to ready the Galahad.

-Jason Lancer-

Soon the Mordred lanched and turned it's missiles on the golden Gundam that was keeping it's distance.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Uh-oh..." Strike said as he spotted the Mordred acquiring a lock on him. The enemy nightmare proceeded to unleash an Itano Circus, sending several missiles speeding his way. He transformed the Delta back into waverider mode and sped around and to the left of the Mordred. The missiles attempted to track him but eventually lost steam and burnt out.

"My turn," Strike said as he came about. Long range assault against that thing was useless... he decided to see how it handled close combat.

Putting full power into the afterburners, Strike rushed the Mordred. Once he'd closed to about fifty meters, he transformed the Delta once more and drew his beam saber, continuing his charge at the enemy Knightmare shield-first.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Got it." he made for the Ceres as fast as he could, but he wasn't fast enough as he heard Clare's voice and soon saw the Tristan coming in for an attack with it's MVS polearm.

"Damn it..." He glanced around for a moment and dodged the attack by shooting downwards towards the Ceres.

"I look forward to the next time we meet... you'll get the chance to settle things with me then." After leaving Clare with those parting words, he turned his attention to the Ceres, knowing full well he'd get shot at if he didn't let Commander Ryker know it was him. after a moment, he opened a channel to the Ceres.

"Commander, it's Zaine, can I come aboard?"
Kylern

-TEMJIN-

The enemy was indeed firing at him but would find the bullets hitting air as the TEMJIN had deployed its break field and was absorbing the bullets. Then it made a new move... The machine leaped off its board and sent the beam infused weapon down towards the nearest missile launcher as the TEMJIN went to land.

"Time to bring this little guy down..." The enemy ship was only 200meters meaning it was awfully small for a battleship and wouldn't stand up for long against a pressed attack. As he tried to land the machine hit behind its Breaker Field readying another pair of powerbombs, altered to destroy armor instead of KMFs, to destroy the first CIWS he came into range of.

(Edited for Gai)
Wingnut

- Ryker -

"Zaine?" Ryker wondered aloud, not believing at first that it was him in the Federation mech. However the visual link to the cockpit showed it to be true. There would be some explaining to do on his part about all this.

"Permission granted. Target Dispar missiles on the KMF behind him and fire." said Ryker.

"Roger."

As the port catapult door opened to let Zaine in, a half-dozen missiles were launched at the pursuing Tristan.

((I'm tempted to fire the Tristans at the Tristan, but that's just too bad of a joke.))
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

-Avalon-

The TEMJIN's blade landed in one of the empty missile launchers embedding itself in the ship. The TEMJIN"s Two Power bombs took out two turrets and blew a hole in the ship where Zaine had been only minutes ago the Unconscious cook was blown away.

-Jason Lancer-

As the Delta closed Jason made to evade the delta was faster but the Mordred was more nimble though only barely.

Clare Rosewater

She wasn't about to let him get away; she closed again, polearm spinning deftly, closing to make several strikes at him. Then, without warning, a flash of insight came; She pulled away just in time as a Blast of yellow energy easily large enough to engulf the machine flew through the spot she had occupied less than a second ago. The Missiles impacted the beam rather than striking the Tristan

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

some distance from the main fight Gai on a nearly empty sled and Tallis now flying freely had arrived just in time to see the Lancelot launch and the surprising subsequent launch and attack by the Tristan. Gai working on a hunch asked Tallis to cover the Lancelot which she did splendidly. Had Clare not moved a moment ago she would have been dead already

Claus Rissur

Things had just become hopeless they lost one of their best machines and it seemed their captive in one fell swoop. Claus ordered the Bridge to send a message to the Ceres.
We have lost. I request this battle end as further fighting would only cost us more lives. In return for our safe passage I offer the Prisoner and the KMF he has taken with him
Last edited by Sume Gai on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wingnut

- Ryker -

"Sir, I'm receiving a message from the captain of the other ship." said the comm officer. "They are asking if we would end the battle."

"What? Why?" asked Ryker.

"They say that further fighting would be pointless and that they are willing to let us have Zaine and the machine he took in return for safe passage out of the area."

Ryker thought the matter over a moment. If it were a Fandom ship, he would likely disregard the request and move to destroy the vessel. However, a Federation ship was a different story and Bian wanted to not antagonize them any more than was needed.

"Very well. Signal an acknowledgment and recall our mobile suits. We'll then rendezvous with the Valhalla and return to Aidoneus."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-TEMJIN-

The powerbombs somehow slipped before he could get close enough and exploded taking out some targets. While not as planned he figured he would run with it until the order came to retreat. Of course Kylern had hesitation against this because he wanted to finish the job... This was the enemy and the enemy needed to be destroyed to end the war. But once again he felt held back from doing what he thought was the right thing.

"Fine..." Quickly the TEMJIN flared up as the V Converter spun as fast as it could propelling the TEMJIN down so he could grab his blade and took off using it as the Blue Slider again. Sadly he hadn't seen the poor cook get blown away which might have lifted his mood. But then again one dead Feddie didn't change anything... What was needed where many more dead Feddies. Kylern hadn't even taken notice that his machine had the wing extensions on the boosters clipped off from fire and there was a whole where the cockpit should have been. But then again why should he notice? The TEMJIN by all means was just a toy to be played with so it being damaged was insignificant.
Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Well, alright," Strike said in response to the retreat order. "Our objective is complete, and I don't really feel like fighting anymore anway."

He transformed the Delta back into Waverider mode and hightailed it back to the Ceres.
Sume Gai

Claus Rissur

Inside the Galahad Claus received the message which meant he and his team were spared, at least, form death. The Federation command wouldn't likely overlook this they had lost a valuable weapon to an enemy and caused extensive damage to the ship. Nonetheless He recalled the Knights.

Clare Rosewater

for the few milliseconds before the retreat order Clare was surprised. What just happened; she had felt the danger, not seen it. Then breaking her confusion the retreat orders came; Her rage filled her again as she saw the Conquista, her Conquista piloted by her brother's murderer, flying into an enemy ship. She wanted to follow, knowing it would mean her Death, and made to do so until Claus, calling her name, spoke over the com.

"Clare... Come back it's over nothing will be gained by continuing."

"But Commander they-"

"That's an order."

Hesitantly Clare turned and returned but not before looking over her shoulder and unconsciously sending an icy mental dagger of her rage and grief towards the unsuspecting Zaine; the thought "I Won't ever forgive this" engraved on the blade.

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

Gai was rather pleased at how well things went it seemed that Zaine was back and the group had avoided a large battle, both good things in his book.

"Well all In all that went better than I hoped come on let's see if there's room on the Ceres I know this sled can't make the trip back to the Valhalla"

"Sure after all I wanna make sure Zaine's OK."

With that Gai Proceeded towards Ceres Tallis following it seemed uneventful until the final leg of the journey approached and the sled's Engine began to sputter and went out.

"Crud..."

Gai fired his own thrusters to detach himself as the sled nosedived and splashed into the waters below.

"Ceres I hope you have some room or it looks like I'm swimming home"

Omega

-Zaine-

He noticed the beam easily disrupt the attack by Clare and was grateful to the attacker who just stopped her dead.

A quick glance in the direction of the attacker revealed the black and silver Weissritter.

"Thanks Tallis."

He quickly maneuvered into the Ceres and landed the KMF safely, with only a wince at the mental dagger Clare sent, though he kept the words in mind.

a few moments later, he was out of the knightmare, half exhausted, ended up leaning against the leg.
Kylern

-Kylern-

He set the TEMJIN to autopilot and had it return meaning he no longer needed to be hooked up to this thing. So quickly he took the helmet off and tossed it aside feeling drained. He was also lightheaded and feeling floaty as he tried to recollect himself. Once again he had done more than needed and would have continued destroying if the order hadn't come down to retreat.

"One by one the lemmings jump the cliff..." He giggled as he climbed up onto a crate to see the machines return for another successful operation. His own White Knight stepped into the ship and took its place. Kylern noticed some damage but nothing to much that couldn't be repaired.

"Buddy what would I do without you?" He laughed walking over to the machine seemingly drunk, with the way he acted. In reality he was just so exhausted that he was feeling that euphoric state that came on after lack of sleep.
Omega

-Sophia-

"Um... Y-you are... Major Anne, correct?"
Nero

--Back in Hawaii--
-Zero-

He had heard of the mobile armor that had shown up at Wake Island, and made his way to the hangar where it was supposed to be, and much to his surprise, the MA was there. he looked around for who he was hoping to be the pilot of this monster.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero