Chapter 16: Mountain Hideaway (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Zangetsu

-Daniel Smith-

Dan walked up to Wraith. "Sir when are we to attack the island? If we wait to long the Gundams may return and provide to much to handle."
Nero

-Rena-

The elf like pilot soon had the cockpit hatch all the way open just as Xiu's little scream woke her up completely.

She looked over the hatch and saw the little thief half-buried in pieces of metal.

"Sorry..." She blushed at that little display and hopped out of the cockpit, landing near Xiu. wanting to see if she had her healing power back, she went over to Xiu, lifted her out of the debris, and placed her on the ground laying down. The elf-like pilot then brought her hand to rest on Xiu's ankle and saved the little girl a few days of recovery by finding out that her healing power had indeed returned, though it took a few moments to work and restore Xiu's ankle.

"There... good as new."
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

He noticed the ruckus despite his altered state of conscience and gave a frown. "Stupid kids don't need to be a military vessel anyways. Just another anime cliche..." He muttered walking towards the group because the little thief was throwing a fit over Rena for some reason.

"Not her fault you can't stay out of people's face. Seems to moi like you got what you deserved." His hands were in his pockets and he had a typical uninterested expression on his face. He was almost daring a confrontation because this pipesqueak happened to bother someone had considered a friend. He never even looked at the girl while he spoke and instead walked towards Rena to check on her.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Wraith

Things were ready to begin as the transport crafts arrived, Wraith transmitted his battle plan and boarded the 008 as the six subs surfaced. It took little time for the 008L and 60 or so Mobile dolls to begin their advance on the island.

Behind them the new GN-XIII's ASHes and Zamzah-Zah waited holding position over the subs along with the strange new GN Kampfers.

Von Hawker

aboard a plane circling behind the subs the doctor was monitoring the information from the GN Kampfers fed via laser communications. It' was mere luck Wedge didn't catch a glimpse of the leaving 008L.

"A real battle, yes yes, This is a perfect test."

Sume Gai

It seemed that the battle was over as the enemy ships split and began to fly in separate directions. He checked in with the bridge only to receive bad news.

"In addition to the loss of that merc; we aren't receiving a signal from Zaine. We'll send you his last know location."

Gai was immediately worried and turning towards the location that he had just received. There he found Lowind hoveringover the Huckebein several of it's injuries visible as it floated.

"Lowind what happened here?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Strike Zero

- Xiu -

Both Xiu and Strike stared in bewilderment while Rena mended the thief's injured ankle; they had never seen her healing powers in action before. Xiu wiggled her foot once. Then twice. The pain was completely gone.

"Holy hell!" Xiu exclaimed. "Elf girl's got herself some magical powers!"

She lept up to her feat and performed a back flip, further testing the strength of her ankle, finding that it was indeed good as new.

"Um... thanks," Xiu said, scratching the back of her head. "Don't think I'm letting you off the hook for nearly killing me though.

At that moment, Kylern decided to make an appearance. "Not her fault you can't stay out of people's face," he said. "Seems to moi like you got what you deserved."

A vein popped on the side of Xiu's head. "What was that? All I was doing was checking up on her. You know, just concerned about her since she hadn't gotten out of her Gundam yet. I didn't know that was deserving of a punch in the face and being dropped twenty feet to the ground. But don't worry, I'll be sure to be less considerate next time."

Xiu abruptly stalked off towards the ship's mess hall, shoulders sagging just slightly. "I really need a drink..."

Strike watching her go off for a second before casting a glance at Kylern. "Nice work there, dude," he said before starting after her, realizing that he could use some food himself.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

-Kylern-

He shrugged uncaring what some kid thought of him. Instead he let her speak and then storm off without a word. He figured his words would fall on deaf ears anyways. Instead he turned his attention to Rena where his mood switched immediately and his wall dropped.

"Maybe my words were harsh but that kids the reason for a lot of problems and the fact Bian let her join was a mistake. Kids shouldn't be on a battlefield no matter how mature they might thing they are." His mind instantly went to a project him and a friend had done back home where they tried to educate people on Child Soldiers in the Uganda Civil War. To him this was no different and it disgusted him to no end. "Where I'm from its a war crime to enlist or use underage individuals in combat or support." He just wanted her to know his position clear.

"But its good to see your ok. I was worried you guys might run into trouble out there. Find your Buster Rifle alright?" He offered handing her an energy bar he had kept on him in case she wanted something quick to munch on.
Nero

-Rena-

She could tell Xiu was feeling better as the girl wiggled her foot and did a backflip to test it.

"No problem. And don't worry about it... But please let me sleep next time that way I won't have to do that again, all right?"

Kylern then walked over asking about her new buster rifle. "Indeed it is, just haven't had a chance to use it though." noticing the energy bar, she accepted it and after unwrapping it, took a bite.
Last edited by Nero on Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Wingnut

- Chris -

Seeing the Federation ships retreat, Chris moved back to the Valhalla and landed his machine inside the ship and walked it over to the assigned berth.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Kylern-

"Gah I feel like an a-hole sometimes..." He gave a sigh as she seemed to ignore the fact he had just created a scene with that kid. He gave a look at the Wing Gundam and did indeed notice the buster rifle he had missed before hand.

"Sounds like your ready to start fighting again." Although in reality he didn't want her fighting. He knew what happened to soldiers and he didn't want her turning into that. Hell he was scared he was turning into that very thing himself. The fact he wiped out that ship after it had already gone down... He would have never done if he hadn't been brought into this world.
Lowind

-Lowind-

"Oh, Zaine may have been killed. I did my best to help him, but it still happened anyway." Lowind wondered if his apathetic tone would make him sound like the culprit as the Epyon lowered his altitude slightly to pick up the Huckebein. "The attacker may have had a bone to pick with him. And well, the unit is the Lancelot Conquista."

"The unit looks it can be repaired. Precious hardware should not be wasted." The Epyon headed back to the Valhalla flying as gently as possible in the unlikely case the pilot was still alive.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Lowind's revelation seemed to confirm the worst. Gai followed worried about what to tell Tallis. 'dead? was it my fault?'

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had retuned to her berth soon after Chris which was across from Zaine's. Naturally, she would see the beaten up Huckebien soon after Lowind brought it in

Alex Bloke

Alex soon returned to the Valhalla. He disconnected with the 009GS, causing the same error message as usual. This time taking several minutes of diagnostics to resolve.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Zaine-

The young pilot stirred slightly, but showed no signs of waking right away...

((Time for another nightmare))
-???-

"Huh... Not this place again..." However, something seemed different from last time... Everything still had the blood red tint, but the area itself seemed different. however, he didn't have time to ponder as something ran by, immediately catching Zaine's attention.

What was that? He took a look down the corridor and caught sight of the same thing that ripped him apart in the last dream. A scraping sound soon made itself apparent, which caused him to impulsively chase after the fox as fast as he could, and the sound soon faded... for now.

Much to his surprise, the fox was staying at a steady pace so he could catch up. The creature led him to a large open area where it turned to face him but bore a somewhat friendly look. "Wow... you seem different than last time..." The scraping sound could be heard again, though much louder this time, indicating that it's source is much closer. Zaine drew his gun and turned to face it, unfourtunately, he never saw what was making the sounds as the fox bit his head off.

-Currently unknown place-

The young pilot shot up, slightly confused about the dream he had. "Damn it... not that dream again." Zaine looked up and after a moment came to a realization. "Where am I...?"
Sume Gai

Clare Rosewater

The Avalon was in the clear it seemed. as they had managed to slip out of sensor range while the enemy was recovering from it's bloodied nose. Now it was her chance; she could deal with him. She came to the door to the empty storage room and entered the code. as the door slid aside she found him awake; just as she hoped.

"good this wouldn't be near as satisfying if you were asleep."

their captive, the pilot of the Huckebein and her brother's killer. He was on the carpeted floor; restrained mainly by some rope tying his wrists behind him, the product of limited resources aboard the war ship.

"Alright you brat, let's start with your name"

Zaine would of course recognize his captor as federation from her uniform and possibly guess where he was, if he could remember the briefing and who had beaten him. The Woman clearly bearing some ill struck an imposing figure.

Omega

-Zaine-

"Hm?" He noticed that the woman who entered the room was wearing a Federation uniform, and it didn't take much to figure out that his hands were bound, meaning one thing; he was a prisoner aboard a Federation ship.

"My name... it's Zaine, Zaine Kamiya."
Sume Gai

Clare Rosewater

now the woman looked devilish as she moved to ask him the real question.

"now , Zaine, tell me were you piloting that Mech in Hong Kong, that Huckebein?"

There was clear hatred in her voice; a vemon which could easily kill a weak man.

Omega

-Zaine-

He could tell that this was going somewhere.

"Yeah, I was piloting it." He took notice of the tone of hatred in her voice.
Sume Gai

Clare Rosewater

"So it was you..."

Her Venom seemed to multiply she had found the one she sought the one who had killed her brother.

"I should have know it'd be someone like you who killed Marcus!"

Omega

-Zaine-

His expression seemed unfazed, though he was surprised at her words.

"Marcus?" 'Maybe that was the name of that gundam's pilot' He looked down obviously feeling guilty but decided to ask something.

"Was this Marcus important to you?" A single tear rolled down his cheek.
Sume Gai

Clare Rosewater

"Important? He was the only family I had left! He wasn't the same after the testing; he became reckless and violent but he was still my brother!"

It was then she noticed Zaine's tear which certainly didn't help matters

"Oh now you pity me, save it!"

She grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against the wall. Her eyes remained hard and angry.

"I don't need your pity or any excuses you may have. It was war and It was my brothers own failing that you won. But that doesn't make me feel any better or make me hate you any less!"

She released his collar and turned away.

"You're lucky, Claus saved you from my blade. When we arrive you'll be treated as a prisoner of war and kept locked away till We crush the Fandom and DC but if you resist I won't hesitate to take your life for his."

She turned to leave not noticing the small gold object fall from her pocket as she passed trough the door.

Omega

-Zaine-

He understood her pain, but decided to stay silent since words would worsen his situation or end his life.

after she left, he took notice of the gold object, walked over to it, and picked it up.

'Hm? What's this?' It looked like some sort of key, but he couldn't quite make sense of it. Ultimately he had nothing better to do but sit and wait for an oppurtunity to try and escape.