Chapter 16: Mountain Hideaway (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Omega

-Zaine-

"Lucky you..." He broke off after hearing Gai's order, though he was tempted to disobey and keep on the chase.

The G-Impact Cannon soon departed the Valhalla and Zaine went to meet the weapon.

The rest was routine from the last time he used it, though he chose to target the KMF carrier.

"Here goes..." The weapon soon started charging to unleash a Gravitic Attack on the Avalon.

-Lyon-

She dodged around the three shells and knew that with one arm, she'd stand little chance of beating the Weissritter. She kept up her retreat, knowing she'd get the chance to fix her machine in the hangar.

-Dagger L Team-

The Dagger L units raced to intercept the Weissritter firing on their commander. Hoping to surprise it from behind, One dagger readied it's beam saber and charged the black and silver machine and delivered a triple slash, hoping to distract it long enough for Lyon to retreat. The other Dagger opted to stay between it and Lyon.

-Aile-

At this point, Aile made it back to the ship in one piece.
Sume Gai

???

As the Gravitic energy reached it's peak and was about to fire a sudden attack, a focused stream of black particles, Struck the G-Impact Cannon right in the barrel; this is why she had been told to remain behind. The distortion caused by the Gravitic energy and his G-Territory saved Zaine from the blast, but not his Cannon of which moat of the barrel was ruined.

Zaine cursed his luck and throwing aside the useless weapon began to scan for what had attacked him, on edge and ready for another attack. it didn't take long to locate the White and Gold machine charging from the direction of the Avalon, The Lancelot Conquista. Clare could see whom she had hoped to face; the man she swore to kill.

"I'll avenge you now Brother"

Zaine opened fire with the only remaining long range weapon, the head vulcans, hoping to keep the speeding knight at bay. In responce the Lancelot deployed a greenish pyramidal Shield in front of it as it accelerated. Zaine's bullets bounced off ineffectually as the KMF drew closer and closer faster and faster. In moments she was on Zaine and the green shield smashed into the Huckebien's head smashing it's face in as the KMF rebounded backwards and drew her MVS.

Zaine drew his saber ready to slice at the smaller machine but she was on him in a second; a swift MSV enhanced kick to the forearm and a stab of the drawn blade into the wrist holding the unlit saber caused the weapon to fall fro his grip before he even realized what was happening. Zaine pulled back, looking to put some distance between him and his fierce attacker. He only had one weapon left the, T-Link System, he'd have to use it when she charged again.

He didn't have to wait long. She charged him blade ready only seconds later her attacks were fierce like a wild animal but presicst like a trained professional. Zaine reeled back his good fist and focused his thoughts as the Green field began to flow around it. As she came into his reach he thrust the fist forward, hoping to catch her off guard.

"T-LINK! KNUCKLE!!!!!"

To his surprise it failed; the KMF Pilot juked aside letting the fist slide harmlessly by, the green field only inches from her side, then stabbed her MVS into the arm cutting it from elbow to shoulder and leaving the Huckebein unarmed, almost literally. Clare wasn't done yet though as she dashed past the shoulder she drew her VARIS, spun and let fly several shots at the Huckebien's back pack.

Zaine, too shocked by her evasion of the T-link Knuckle to even react, was suddenly surrounded by warnings of about a dozen kinds as the Huckebein began to fall like a rock. It splashed down into the water, hard, the impact knocking his head into a console and turning his world black.

Flotation gear activated automatically leaving the mech face-up, prone and helpless on the water's surface. As the Conquista descended, she savored this moment, she had done it; he was hers and he would soon be dead. Hovering over the cockpit, she readied her blade holding it back for a two handed stab and aimed the tip at the cockpit. She tightened her grip and stabbed the Crimson shaft rushed towards the cockpit...

Tallis Stenner/Alex Bloke

Focused on her own target Tallis Didn't see the enemy approaching from behind, however, Alex Bloke did. Alex put himself between the two and blocked the slash with a hand held saber; locking blades to prevent the multiple slices. Alex also retaliated by slicing upwards with the opposite work arm mounted saber. Unblocked this attack would cut into the the enemy's chest.

Tallis herself switched targets and modes firing a prolonged Energy Blast at the Dagger L hoping to track it as it evaded.

Claus Rissur

Claus was now aware of what this battle had been about both on the enemies side and someone from his own. Switching from the Private line he had just been using to his team's frequency he ordered a retreat.

"Fall back; we've got nothing left to do here."

Sume Gai/Hal

The Two danced through the sky; The Tristan again showing it's incredible mobility as it tried several times to attack with it's MVS Polearm, the arcing swings a good deal more difficult to evade than they seemed. However this aerial waltz came to a stop as after a final pass the Tristan transformed and made a beeline for it's ship. leaving with a quick message.

"Looks like our time's up Maybe next time..."

-Jason/Jennefer-

Jennefer had no problem evading the shots as she closed her nimble mech proving more than responsive enough. The same held true for the blade from which she pulled aside at the last second dodging both the edge and it's resultant shockwave. Her original intent had been to destroy the mech's odd weapon but with the retreat order she was forced pulled away, as much as she wanted a kill, she wouldn't refuse one of Claus' orders. As she left however she turned and fired the hip mounted Hadron Machine guns for cover; they weren't as piercing as a full on hadron cannon but would damage a mech's outer armor pretty badly

Jason in the meantime was unable to attack with Jennefer so close to his target and pulled out quietly as the order came.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Lyon-

She managed to make it back to the ship thanks to the interference of the Daggers, and hoped they made it back in one piece.

-Dagger 1-

Alex Bloke's surprise attack caught the Dagger in the chest and destroyed the unit.

-Dagger 2-

The Weissritter's attack easily destroyed the Dagger.

-Excalibur-

"All surviving machines are on board, ma'am." Luna heard that and responded. "Good. It's about time we took our leave then." As if in response, the Excalibur soon started moving, in an effort to get past the Valhalla.

"Commander Rissur, we'll be going on ahead since we're not in any condition to continue fighting. Best of luck to you and i apologize for the inconvenience."
SNT1

--Slug-- (gonna have to take liberties here regarding I-fields and energy beams from other universes)

"Wha?" Slug says, seeing the enemy robot also has a transforming capability, lucky for him it's not some sort of more agile beast.

The Cerberus powers up while the Ex-S kept widening the gap. With the sensors blaring about, he sees the glow of the incoming attack. Now! I hope it works. He deploys his reflector INCOMs, and with the speed they're traveling at low orbit, they're more than likely good enough to stay afloat.

Using the quasi-psycommu system Slug didn't have much time, so he simply squares the two wired weapons into the incoming blasts. With the INCOM's positioned, they form a large energy barrier of sorts, but instead of just absorbing the damage, it reflects part of the Terminus Smasher attack right back back at the Cerberus, with the Ex-S safely right behind the formed I-field.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
SNT1

--Taylor-- (I forgot about her)

Taylor simply takes the Colonel's words and nods.

As she entered the room, she sees two others sitting. She wouldn't notice the oddities at first glance, but she first turns to the Innovator and says, "My apologies for getting you involved in the last mess and getting your ship damaged."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
hellbore

(I'm not sure how that'd work either, but I'm gonna run with it)

-Cerberus-

As the reflector INCOMs returned the Terminus energy back at the Cerberus, Sara displays that despite its appaerence, the Form S was no lumbering beast. Dodging left around the yellow stream of energy, Sara pulls the Radical Railgun from its rack and fires three shots at the Retreating machine.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Kylern

-Ceres-

Kylern continued to sit there shaking until he started to feel his fractured self pull back together. He shook his head and let his legs slide back to the floor and once he felt hard ground beneath them he forced himself up. The ship had already left the battlefield awhile ago without him realizing it at first. So when he looked around the hangar from his position he noticed all the machines stolen. He spotted a Gaia from SEED Destiny probably ironically piloted by Stellar. He also saw the Shenlong and he figured only one person would pilot it... it must have belonged to that thieve girl. There were some others too but he didn't care since they weren't be piloted.

His TEMJIN was in the corner, in Kylern's eyes stained red with the blood of that ship he sent to hell. A part of his mind told him that it wasn't his fault because he wasn't in the cockpit. But he knew better... And in reality he knew this sort of psychological counter-attack would happen. He had seen enough Sci-fi to know that because it had been a theme in episodes of shows.

"Get a grip on yourself... Acceptance is just part of the war. Your a soldier now, not some student studying it. Remember what Stalin use to say, 'Kill one person and its a crime, kill a million and its a statistic'. Wait how is that suppose to make me feel better?" He asked himself seeming to perk up at something he actually found funny. It was kind of wrong to consider that funny but he had always been told he had a sick sense of humor and ran with it. Maybe he was destined to be destroyed by his fractured and corrupted psyche.

"As long as I help end this war I don't care anymore. Maybe I'm meant to perish in this world... punishment for my thoughts and actions back home. I can die a true villain rather than just think about it..." His hands went into his pockets as he finished trying to rationalize why he was losing a grip on reality.

-Natalia-

(she never did launch... I need an excuse now)

She had tried to launch earlier in the battle but the hand me down Guarlion refused to start on her. It seemed there had been a problem with it to start with which was why they gave it to her... Seemed like she wasn't getting to fight this battle. Maybe she would take her frustration out on Kylern when she got back home. He always seemed to take it without complaint.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
The Big Zabowski

-Tokyo Three (Heading, Kit, and Jameson)-

Heading nodded and gave a light salute to the Major, which was odd since Heading had no real reason to observe the Federal Hierarchy.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, it was from my understanding that they may have been after us. If you recall the Wake reports and Taipei.. It wouldn't be hard to draw such a conclusion. It should be me that apologizes for costing the Federation some..innocent lives."

Heading looked away and toward the floor at those words, as Jameson picked up right afterward.

"Major, we have reason to believe that the MS team commander for the Ptolemaios may be working with certain agencies within the Federation that may be attempting to undermine and circumvent the authority of the Parliament. This is tantamount to a mutiny in Ms. Heading's eyes, and as such we in the IA believe that it too can surmount to sedition against the Federation."

He then handed the file of information that he had gained from Kit on her reconnaissance aboard the Ptolemy.

"As you can see.. we have good reason to believe that the SNRI may be involved in this sedition as well. Hence why we've brought you here. We need to know that you, the defacto commander of this base know of this plot and are willing to reaffirm your allegiance to the Federation Parliament and Federal Military.

Major Reese, we may be looking at a fracturing of the Federation if this isn't nipped in the bud."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Lowind

-Lowind-

"Eh...? Lowind saw Zaine cornered and about to be finished off. I don't think I am supposed to just stare as a comrade gets killed painfully. The Epyon turned and headed towards the downed Huckebein at top speed, covering the distance in seconds. Let me make it in time.

The Epyon's outstretched left arm came between the MVS blade and the cockpit.
Wingnut

- Chris -

Chris was annoyed that his swing had missed the small target and was almost knocked off balance when the Hadron machine gun fire hit his machine. Fortunately the shots were weak enough to be stopped by the G-Territory.

Seeing the two machines retreat, he chose not to pursue as the objective was only to stall them, which they had been able to do.
Chris loitered in the area for a moment ready to fire on anyone that was still looking for a fight.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

(My big four posted in the same thread individually for the first time, monumental)

--Slug--

"Damn," As he deflected off the blasts from the TE unit, Slug sees that it was a serious attack and the charge remaining on his I-field suddenly drops to a paltry 22%, forcing him to retrieve them back to its pods for a momentary charge. With that Slug resumes for good old evasive action, seeing the three bursts and the distance he had created made him very able to see the incoming shots easier.

By jerking to the left he avoids all three. Slug realizes that the Cerberus is slowing down at a greater degree than he is rather than him speeding up as both units are reaching critical altitudes, and at this point Slug can just keep firing the smartgun and he wouldn't be touched.

Slug is going to beat this guy anyway in terms of speed, so he, instead of retaliating with smartgun and the two reflector INCOMs, sends a message.

"How 'bout a temporary truce? You can't catch me, I can't hit you, and you and the Feds are both claiming to fight for peace. So what's it gonna be?" He holds the smartgun by the barrel, takes it off the generator, and raises it while still pulling away.

--Taylor--

After that cryptic meeting with the Ptolemaios' mobile suit commander the night before, then the all-out Fandom attack the morning after, both being the interviewer and interviewee, and now this info regarding SNRI, it surely made for a stressful 24 hours. "Ah," Taylor thinks, palming her forehead, looks like I could have used a cup of coffee first before going in here.

"Colonel, I pledge myself to the Federation Parliament and no other faction, and you can be sure that the Duskraiders also thinks this."

And that said... she doesn't know a whole lot about the SNRI either, although Rachel Anne had told her about the unusual way that she was promoted, and along with other unconfirmed rumors, but that's all Taylor knew about them.

"What is known about this SNRI? It seems as if even you, Colonel, do not know much about them."

--Johann--

Johann still stood in a business suit, having been recently approved by the Federation to take part in the Pacific Campaign. One Captain was less than pleased after being told that his mission involves dropping the Strike E off in Taipei before heading back to China for their own set of missions. A Colonel stood by Johann and says, "Captain, this is an order."

"But I ain't no cab driver! No way I am taking this pretty boy wherever!"

"an ORDER, Captain."

"Eh, fine. Come on over I guess," The captain reluctantly lets the Sidewinder employee walk in his Pegasus class.

"Won't cause any ruckus, I promise," Johann says (but with a smug voice), "You can drop me off 3 hours from Taipei and go make your way to wherever your mission is, I know Taipei can accommodate me with my battery power needs."

"Yeah, fine, whatevah."

Soon after the ship, ported in France, makes its way towards Asia.

--Rachel--

She quietly finds the tanker flying around in the nearest Federal waters, and is now hooked up with propellant. "Slug, get your ass back down here!" She yells at the radio.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
hellbore

-Cerberus-

Seeing the Ex-S easily dodge around her shot, Sara was feeling quite frustrated, when both she and Jacob were surprised by a transmission from the enemy pilot.

How 'bout a temporary truce? You can't catch me, I can't hit you, and you and the Feds are both claiming to fight for peace. So what's it gonna be?"

Seeing the Ex-S pull up its weapon, Sara in response, lowers the smart gun and spreads the Cerberus' arms out wide in a non-threatening gesture. She allows the Gundam to pull away even more without changing her position, guarding against any treachery.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Sume Gai

Claus Rissur/Clare Rosewater
-minutes ago-

The Epyon would never make it; in his way, the Galahad its Blade bared, floated preventing Lowind from getting closer. At the same time the Galahad prevented Lowind from seeing exactly what took place between the Conquista and Huckebein but it would appear as though the smaller mech went ahead with the gruesome deed before flying off towards it's carrier.

The Galahad keeping himself between the Conquista and Epyon soon followed.

If he reached out his mind, Lowind would find the Huckebein, its cockpit clearly forced open by the MVS, held no feeling of life. In the fading light however it was impossible to see into the crevasse that was the cockpit.

-now-

The team having returned safely were having their energy fillers replaced, ready in case their foes decided to launch a second attack. Claus knew it was unlikely after hearing of the other raid and it's outcome, and had issued orders as such. He had no time to talk directly to Luna and sent her a text-only message detailing his intentions.
I'm sure you know about the raid on our Andes base It's my guess this fight was intended to keep us away from the other battle while they stole our new machines. I'd like us to proceed to the Andes base to provide relief as soon as possible but due to our current positions we need to split up we'll go northwards and you go south avoid any enemy contacts and meet us at the base.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SNT1

--Slug and Rachel--

"Yeah, coming, sorry for the detour!" Slug yells back on another channel, which was Rachel bitching way below him. With his proposal athe Cerberus obliged with, he simply put his smartgun back into its mount, and waves his hands goodbye, and boosts away (in a level altitude.)

As Slug pulled away, his sensors finally dictate what Rachel's been up to. A tanker? "Rachel, did you just accept this mission knowing you can't make it?"

"Shut up, I had this planned all along. The hell where you doing so long up there anyway?"

"That unit chased me all the way up there, until he couldn't aim right anymore," Slug says with half-truth, "it seemed quite loaded to the gills, too."

"Well, we'll talk about it later then, I think Taylor is planning our next move."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
hellbore

-Cerberus-

Seeing the Gundam jet off at high speed, Sara lowered the Cerberus back down towards ground level. With no pressing matters, the descent was slow and measured and would take some time to complete, considerering the altitude they were at.

"You know that they're probably gonna kick your ass about letting him go," Jacob spoke up.

"Meh, it was a stalemate, and it work out."

"This time, you mean. What if he'd attacked? You were completely defenceless!"

"Jacob, it all worked out. There's no need to fret about it."

There was something in her voice that told Jacob to drop it. Looking forward over her shoulder, he saw her furiously fiddling with both the Engine and the machines OS. While he admired her dedication to completing the Cerberus, he was getting worried that it was becoming a bit of an obsession.
The Big Zabowski

-Jameson-

"Well, what, or rather, who we thought as a simple military contractor company didn't pan out as such. If you have been watching the conflict on Luna, you'd see that SNRI in fact had done a hostile takeover of their chief rival. This was after they entered the race for weapons development for the Federation. From the files we've now gathered on them, it seems that they've installed loyal agents to their company within the allocations committee of Parliament as well as paid off several Parliament members.

This, of course, is on top of paying off countless numbers of your constituents in both the Terrestrial Forces and Space Navy. It seems that some within the Federation were eager to sell out in order to see the end of this war from some place other than a wall of iron bars on Mars. This was why I had to ask you and get your affirmations on record."

Heading stepped in, offering her words.

"We've already lost a group of Innovators to their cause. This simply cannot stand.. And it is our conviction, meaning my innovators, Kit's ties to the DC, and possibly Mr. Jameson's contacts, to want to bring this war to a sane end, and return the freedoms that Humanity strives for.

I just hope that there are more within the Federation that wish the same of the Federation. All the while hoping to finally finish the Fandom and this SNRI tumor off, once and for all."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Omega

-Luna-

She recieved the message and gave the order to take a southward route to the Andes Base, which the Excalibur soon followed.

-Lyon-

She made her way to her quarters, clearly worn out by the ordeal while the technicians set about repairing the GP01.
Nero

-Rena-

Xiu's constant banging finally woke Rena, though the little thief might regret it as the cockpit hatch opened, a fist raced out to meet her face.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-

Luckly enough for Zangetsu after carging threw the gate with the breaker field he had forgtten to turn it off. The shots impacted and pushed him a back out the gate. Zangetsu flew up to get out of the mbile suits line of fire but, they just ran out the gate and pursused him into the air.

"Well, well I guess I need to go on he offensive." Zangetsu said as he tunred off the breaker field nd dogde the inomming fire and firing in return. His shots managed to take one down but, the others had guarded against it.

"I think that leaves us with seven mechs, Kayvan?" Zangetsu asked the bird.

"Seven yes. Seven yes." Kayvan responded.

Zangetsu then charged toward the closest one and fired his beam machineguns tearng the suit apart.

"SIX!" Then he fired the burst railguns at the next closes taking it out but, not before it got a couple of shoots off and destroied on of the burst railguns.

"FIVE!" Zangetsu pulledout abeam saber and slash this one in half before it could draw it's.

"FOUR!" He charged the next on dodging the incomming fire and clashed with it's newly drawn saber, before firing the burst railgun into it's cockpit.

"THREE!" The remainng ones groupped togehter to pour as much fire as the could on him but, he activated the breaker field and plowed threw them and landed once again and the courtyard where he saw the most curious thing. Norman and a bunch of prisoniers walking out of the prison toward him. He climbed out of the cockpit and jumped down to the ground.

"So you didn't need my help after all?" he asked.

-Norman-
"Quite the contrary sir, you were my distraction while we took out the guards inside." Norman responded.

-Zangetsu-

"I'm taking you back to the DC with me. The others will be taken on that plane over there." Zangetsu said pointing to the plane still on the runway. An hour or so later they were on there way back to DC HQ.
Strike Zero

- Xiu -

Her cat-like reflexes took over and Xiu leaped back while letting out a yelp of surprise as Rena's fist came barreling out of the opening cockpit. Thus, she was spared the blow to the head.

"Hey!" she cried indignantly. "What's the... big..."

Her voice trailed off as she came to the realization that there wasn't anything that felt remotely like solid ground beneath her feet. Slowly, she tilted her head downward to find that she was indeed standing... on nothing at all, completely suspended in mid-air.

"...uh-oh."

All at once, gravity seemed to take over once more and Xiu plummeted down to Earth like a cinder block.

"YAAAAAAAAAIIII~"

The boxes below did little to cushion her fall. The impact as she landed caused the pile of them to seemingly explode, sending them and their contents scattering all over the hanger floor. Strike, who had been too stunned to move for several seconds, hurried on over to where she lay. "Hey! Are you--?!"

A single hand appeared out of the debris, its index finger pointing in Strike's direction.

"Not. A. Word." Xiu forced out.

She hoisted herself out and landed on the hanger floor, only to cry out in pain and clutch at her left foot.

"Now what?" Strike exclaimed.

"I think I sprained my ankle!" Xiu replied through clenched teeth. She looked back up at the Wing Gundam and began waving a fist at the cockpit. "Darn it! What' the heck is wrong with you?!" she shouted furiously.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.