Chapter 16/17: Lunar uprising (Space)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
dreacon

"Roger that." Dreacon said as he moved to the catapault.
"Big boss will move to intecept Recon unit." he reported back to Ryder."
Generator output, max. Weapon systems ready, Link to GSR system, secure."
He reported his status.
"Big boss, Gundam Ex-Grand Chaos, Ready to launch." he called to the bridge.
He looked over to his left arm again. "What is this feeling?" he whispered to himself. "Its so, nostalgic." he finished then Preceded to launch.
Last edited by dreacon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Sume Gai

The Twins

The Two WildRaubtiers soon returned to the Grey Wolf they showed no remorse even as they exited their respective cockpits and were again constrained by the Emotional Repression Circuits. They not wearing any sort of pilot suits drifted gracefully to the deck touching down with a stiff unnatural grace, even putting aside the fact the hanger was currently exposed to Vacuum.

they made their way to the pilot's lounge leaving the maintenance crew staring coldly and silently at the 'killers'.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Heretic

-Vicinity of Grey Wolf-

The Fandom was retreating so it seemed Mai’s first battle was over. She hadn’t done much. Fighting seemed simple enough, she realized why. Really smart people usually don’t get themselves involved in combat, that just left the not so smart ones. As such, if fighting were complicated, then the smart people would have to get involved. Since she was caught up in the middle of this, it begged the question of where she fit in the intelligence scale.

“New girl,” this came across an open channel from the G-Cannon, “We should get back to the ship.”

“Sure,” Mai replied, “those two pilots, the ones who… Are they from the Grey Wolf?”

“I don’t think you want to get involved with them.”

Mai’s voice was cold, chilling to her own ears, “I just want to talk.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea--”

“Will they be on the Grey Wolf?” Mai waited for an answer, only silence for a long time, “Answer Me!”

“I… I think so.”

Mai flew the rest of the way in silence. After landing inside the Gray Wolf, she demounted from her Jegan. The Hanger techs were whispering about her blood stained suit, notably how it wasn’t a pilot’s suit but a mechanic’s. Whose blood was it again? Mai couldn’t remember at the moment.

She noted those two machines were already in the hanger. The pilot of the G-Cannon has also dismounted, Mai turned on the surprisingly tall man, “Where are they?”

The pilot’s shoulder’s slumped, a gesture exacerbated my his suit, “Probably the pilot’s lounge, I’ll show you.”

Mai nodded curtly and followed the G-Cannon’s pilot. After being lead through the ship, he showed her a door marked pilot’s lounge, she followed him threw and he pointed, “Those two over there.”

(OOC: What do the twins look like?)
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Wingnut

- Grey Wolf bridge -

The scene in the hanger was being played on one of the smaller screens as two men watched with interest.

"Those bitches have some nerve. They didn't even think twice about killing him and now they act as if nothing happened?" the first said.

"Maarek." spoke the second in a softly reprimanding tone. "They are cyborgs, as I'm sure you know and they have a system that suppresses their emotions. You're right that they felt nothing, but it wasn't by their own choice."

"Sorry, Captain. It's just what they did..."

"I know. Sacrificing Captain Smith like that to defeat the enemy is not a policy I can endorse. Have them report to my quarters after they finish cleaning up. As soon as all mobile suits are on board, resume our original patrol course."

"Yes, sir."

((Let them interact a bit with Mai first.))

- Grey Wolf Hanger -

Also sitting in the hanger was something that one of the Heavygun pilots had found on the battlefield and brought back: the GN flare used to allow the attackers to get so close before detection. Study of this flare may yield a way to counteract the effects.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

The Twins

In the lounge, standing still and straight their backs to the wall across from the entrance, the twins waited. Most men would describe them as beautiful, they were tall, well shaped and smooth skinned; they had straight blond hair with cold but mesmerizing dark blue eyes; their clothes, the standard uniform of federation, matched perfectly, the only indication that they were not the same person seen in double were their name tags which read CX-00024 for Maria and CX-00025 for Mellia.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

CheesyErwin

-"Barren Area", near the Federation Lunar Outpost-

"Blitz to Pericles, my sensors aren't picking up anything within range." Erwin filpped on his commlink and reported the situation.

But in a sudden, a fast-moving silouette was seen in a distance, and was closing in.

"Scrap the previous report, now I have visual on hostiles. I repeat, now I have visual on hostiles." Said Erwin, but it stoke him as odd, as he only saw one MS appoaching.

"Jesta, sniping stance."Erwin called into Jesta's OS. Then, Jesta Blitz kneeled on it's knees, and aimming with the beam sniper rifle. Calibrating the ricticule, until the screen showed a "Lock-on" confirmation, Erwin pulled the trigger. A stream of beam glided across the field.

((OOC: I am assuming I saw Dreacon's MS.)
Heretic

Mai walked across the lounge, still in her blood stained mechanic’s normal suit, she had taken off the helmet during the walk from the hanger, letting her long cherry red dyed hair flow out behind her as she moved swiftly towards the Twins. Mai had the look of a spacer, so much mixed heritage that it was impossible to label her any particular ethnicity. Her dark, slightly Asian eyes were hard as she stopped just in front of the two and looked them up and down. Her voice was quiet, “Why, why did you do that?” She didn’t wait for an answer, “Just because somebody orders you to do something doesn’t mean you have to! Think for yourselves God Damn It! That guy didn’t have to… You could have found another way! You’re supposed to be some kind of ace pilots or something aren’t you?! That’s why you have those machines right? Can’t you think of a better way to do things! Well?!”
Sume Gai

The Twins

The two didn't look a bit phased, their faces impassive as they answer maria beginning.

"Our highest directive is to follow any order given by a superior officer..."

without pause Mellia continued

"that is what we were built for. There may have been a way to save him..."

through out this whole proceeding their voices didn't waver, they showed no hint of emotion.

"but doing so would have let the Fandom pilot escape which he ordered us not to allow."

Heretic

“Damn it! You don’t follow stupid orders! People die when you follow stupid orders! That’s why Mobile Suit’s have pilots! Because they can’t think on their own!” Damn these two, what the hell were they, how could they say such things, how could they be so cold… And then it came flooding back to her. The smell of the blood coming from her suit filled her nostrils, Jessica’s blood. The image of the mechanic from the Ebinshire filled her mind, half her young face missing, blood everywhere…

Mai clutched her head in her hands, “It’s wrong, it’s all so GOD DAMNED WRONG!” Mai sank to her knees, sobbing quietly, “It’s all wrong…”
dreacon

The High heat indicators on his monitors flashed in bright red. and less then a half second later 3 of his fin funnels detatched and quickly aranged themselves in a triangular patern forming a Beam shield color flashed across his face as the beam slamed into the shield and dispersed.
His sensors quickly locked on to the new machine.
He launched a fourth funnel and sent them twards this would-be Sniper.
scatering them in all directions, he set them to to spiral him around and close in at high speeds. at the same time he began charging the Tri Beam cannons in his right arm.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
CheesyErwin

"Don't think being a Newtype has the advantage!" Erwin spoke to himself, with his cover being blown, he knew that the sniper tactics had rendered useless now.

"Jesta, Gunfighter stance!" As soon as Erwin called for the voice command, Jesta Blitz retracted it's beam sniper rifle into the backpack. Then unholstered the two other weapons, the beam rifle and the light beam carbine, each armed on a hand. Meanwhile, his optical sensors picked up the funnels closing in. Erwin appoached one of the fins through tactical manuvers,envading some shots from the fins, then targeted and fired rapidly upon a fin, destroying it.

"It's just like skreet shooting!" Erwin whispered to himself, and started to appoach another fin.

((I took my liberty to kill one of your fins, hope that's fine.))
dreacon

"Exactly as i saw." Dreacon whispered.
While his game was off playing with the fins Dreacon manuvered himself behind the bogey. Almost close enough for the Heavy claymore, but just out of its effective range. The hatches on either shoulder opened. at this rage however, it wasent going to produce a killing blow, but instead limit his oponets manuvers to either jetting up, forward, or back. he launched another bit to replaced what he'd lost in the event his target burst up, it would fire on him, as would the 3 that were acting as a decoy. the tri beams in both is arms would handle his posible Front/ Back movement.
He opened fire with both the Tri Beams in his left and right arms, creating two purple flashes ripping across the lunar surface. and fired a massive baradge of bomblets from his Claymores.his Atack funnel moved in case he moved up, and he maintained more then enough control over the other 3 to change their tactics should the need arise.
CheesyErwin

"What the?" Erwin noticed the claymores exploded behind him. Taking a 180-degree turn, noticed the bright red beams coming at his way. Fortunately, with Jesta Blitz's manvuerbilty, Erwin dodged them without too much problem. Erwin fired upon the enemy MS, but that was mostly a suppression attack.

Another funnel fired at Erwin, it hit Jesta's left shoulder, but that didn't cause much damage. Erwin leaps backwards, hoping to create distance between the enemy.

"Blitz to Pericles, I request some back-up on my position, I repeat, I request some back-up on my position." Erwin requested help from Pericles, at the same time, Erwin placed supression fire sideways on the fin funnels on his left and right, destroying one funnel in the process.
dreacon

Pericles--
As soon as the word was given Kathryan's mobile suit was launched. she set her course to aid her comrade in his battle with the Gundam.
"That must be the Machine i read about in the reports, the one that came from another dimension." she said. "It looks difent then the reports though."
she increesed her speed when she felt the Gundam's next move....

-Dreacon-
"Your not bad kid, who knows, if you haddent have met me, you may have had a carrier named after you." he said. as he closed with the Jesta.
"But i've gotten tierd of you already. i've gotten the data i need for now, so i'm going to end this."
He burst at full speed forward, at arms length he reached out and grabbed the jesta and in a few simple motions he maintained his speed. with his gundams free hand he pounded the lower torso with right jabs that would put mike tyson to shame. He bust up still holding onto the jesta. at 90 meters he stoped in place.
"What is this." he said outloud. a sickness seemed to wash over him.
a feeling he couldent shake... what was it? who was it?
a warning came on, but he couldent hear it, he could see the warning but felt nothing of it.

The next instant he was rocked to his sences as a beam tore through the left forearm. the strange almost pink GMish suit caught the jesta as it fell and aided t n its land. Dreacon quickly turned his tri beam on this new suit but couldnt bring himself to fire. the feelings he couldent shake wouldent seem to let him.
finaly he spoke. "I know what your saying Ex, its her isnt it..."
Sume Gai

(I''m hoping you don't mid if I burrow Mr. G-Cannon for a sec)
The Twins

The two stood there their eyes focused for a few moments on the crumpled figure before returning their gaze upwards ignoring the Pilot they did not register as being Federation.

The G-Cannon Pilot who'd been watching from afar to ensure the twins didn't hurt the girl Moved forward to help her to her feet, avoiding eye contact with the twins save a quick cold glare before turning to help the girl out of the way.

"I didn't think they'd listen after all they're only human in appearance."

soon afterwords an MP, sharing the same distaste as so many others over the event that had just occurred, entered to request that the two report to Rawn.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Aiden moved out into space with the Phantoma. He pushed on the throttle and he moved towards the combat area with the Gundam pilot. After reaching the combat area Aiden sees the Ex-S Gundam wounded and two enemies nearby, one that seemed out of commision and another that looked like it was recovering the suit.

"Excuse me, Gundam pilot, but I think you should move away from the fight for a little and recover. I'll hold the enemy off." Aiden moved the Phantoma into a firing stance and let a few bursts of blue Laser MG fire into the direction of the enemy units.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Heretic

(OOC: Thanks Gai, I got a little stuck there. Wasn’t sure where to go.)

Mai let herself be lead by the G-Cannon pilot for a second before saying, “Washroom, I think I’m going to be sick…”

The mad rush to the nearest washroom passed by in flashed before Mai’s mind, somehow they had collected a female crewmember who helped Mai the rest of the way into the washroom and held back her hair once the wrenching started. After everything Mai had eaten for the past few hours left her system the wrong way, the crewmember, a woman who looked to be in her late thirties said, “We should get you cleaned up.” And unceremoniously stripped Mai out of her blood stained suit and shoved her into a shower stall.

The water was cold at first but it quickly warmed up, easing Mai’s shaking and taking away the smell of blood. It felt good to be clean.

When she came out, a fresh set of clothes were folded neatly on a bench waiting for her. Mai quickly got dressed, only to realize she was putting on a Federation uniform, no rank or unit insignia. Grey pants and tunic, they were just slightly too big, so they hung loosely on her but were comfortable. She was still trying to dry her hair when she stepped out of the washroom and into the corridor.

The G-Cannon’s pilot was waiting, leaning against the wall beside the door. “Doesn’t seem to fit.”

The woman was standing near the opposite wall, “Hummm, maybe I could take it in a bit.”

“Or maybe she’ll grow into it.” This seemed an odd comment to Mai. She was hardly short, then again the G-Cannon pilot was easily Six and a half feet tall. “I guess introductions are in order,” He said. “Name is Gavin Rend, Chief petty officer, only surviving member of Vector Team.”

“Does the quartermaster have needles and thread? I think he does, I mean you’d think he’d have that sort of thing handy…” The woman started down the corridor continuing her conversation with herself.

Gavin gestured towards the woman, “And the Ensign fretting over there is Martha Kite.” The woman waved before turning a corner.

“Mai,” she introduced herself, “Mai Ceda Thyrad. Civilian.” Gavin quirked an eyebrow at that.

“Spacer right, like your parents? And probably their parents?”

Mai Nodded.

“So piloting and such must come naturally to you, right?”

“Yes,” Mai said, “Also mechanics, my mom taught me about machines and engines growing up, my dad showed me how to fly a ship and construction equipment.”

“Well, I’d love to hang around here listening to the story of how you got to be here,” Gavin said, “But I’m sure the people running this ship need to hear the whole thing, so lets head towards the bridge.”

Mai nodded and followed Gavin as he lead the way.
hellbore

(OOC: I really like how I've lost control of my own ship... Anyways...)

-Pericles-

On the bridge, the radio called out to Krager, "Sir, the scout reports activty. He says he's engaging enemy units"

Slamming his fist on the arm rest of his chair Krager was... less than pleased at this outcome. "Damn, this was a recon mission not a combat one. Cover Kesvig with fire from the main guns and order him to withdraw. We're going t.."

"Sir!" came the cry from the operator, "Lt. Rhinoah has launched without permission. I couldn't stop her."

"GOD-DAMMIT! This is what happen when I get get newbies assigned to my ship. Fine launch the remaining ReZELs and the ReGZ to cover the idiots."

"Yes sir."

-----

-MS Teams-

Soon after, all 10 ReZELs had launched and Ayin Tollah was next. Cranes placed the BWS equipped MS on the catapult and the pilot was given the all green for launch.

"Ayin Tollah, ReGZ, going out!"

As the catapult energized and flung the plane look-alike into space Tollah joined his fellow pilots in formation. Four of the ReZELs had beam cannons equipped instead of beam rifles and they, plus the BWS mounted beam cannon on the ReGZ fired at the gundam engaging the lone Jesta.

(Maikng 5 beams cannon blasts altogether)
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
CheesyErwin

-"Battlezone"-

"Arghh..."

The enemy MS thrown Jesta on to the ground. Hopefully, a pink-coloured Windam came and caught before it hit the ground hard.

"Thanks for helping me out, Lieutan... Whoa..!" Before Erwin can fully deliver his graditude to Kathryan, a barrage of beams came at his direction, Erwin backflips and dodged the shots narrowly.

"Captain! Where the hell you aiming at!?" Erwin cries to his commlink to Pericles

On the next moment, he saw friendly ReZELs coming to aid him, then he finally realizes what was happening.

"Captain, this is a trap! This one enemy MS is merely a divertion, recall the MS squads before it's too late!" Said Erwin, while dodging some other shots from the enemy's funnels.

((OOC:How come my character can dodge shots at will? Heh.))
Kylern

-Wolf Pack-

(Oh yes its a trap... Now to release the hounds of hell)

They had narrowly avoided detection by the squad of ReZELs and were now in position to attack the enemy ship. Without warning the Pericles was swarmed with missiles fired from the FAST pack of the four black colored VF-11Gs.

Then another machine appeared... The heavily armed figure of the VF-25S with its wolf logo stretching down the fuselage. It charged upwards at the enemy ship from below unleashing a fury of 25mm beam machine-gun fire as well as its quantum beam gunpod. Behind it three somewhat smaller plane like devices (Ghost fighters) split into a triangle formation around the fighter and unleashed hell from their four powerful pulse energy cannons at the underbelly of the enemy battleship.

The Thunderbolts started to move into position to entrap the enemy battleship like a pack of hungry wolves.

-Salvation-

The stealth frigate took advantage of the controlled confusion and started to make its way along the mountain level. It was heading for an area without Federation patrols so they could regroup later on. Aboard the ship were still three heavily armed Cheyenne II defense units and the Konig Monster sitting on the deck with its battleship grade railcannons loaded with anti-ship rounds ready to bombard the enemy ship with artillery fire should the Salvation's position be revealed.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG