Chapter 15: Trouble in Tokyo

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Strike Zero

((OMG, it's Marlene and the Nova Prince?! Oh, yeah. figured I might as well post this now after putting it off for so long. You better enjoy it--it took me forever to finish writing this thing!))

- Unknown Space -
- Fandom Heavy Capital Ship Iron Lucifer -

The docking clamps locked themselves around Marlene’s Bawoo, firmly securing it inside the hanger of the Iron Lucifer. As she waited for the procedure to be completed, she took a moment to study the mobile suit‘s surroundings. Compared to the one belonging to the Mother Wind, the hanger on this ship seemed exceptionally large, and rightly so. The space had been specially modified in order to appropriately accommodate the sheer size of the Nova Prince’s R-Gun Rivale, which too was being settled into its place in the hanger. So tall was the massive machine, that it had to be stowed horizontally within the belly of the great ship rather than in the usual upright position. Despite this, there was still plenty of room for the squadron of Royal Guard mobile suits that lined the hanger walls.

As soon as the hanger doors had been sealed and the room pressurized, work crews began appearing out of various entrances and quickly moved to service the two machines. Marlene herself opened the Bawoo’s cockpit and removed her helmet, taking in a deep breath through her nose. After tasting her suit’s filtered air for nearly an hour, the sensation turned out to be especially refreshing.

Marlene quickly unbuckled the harnesses securing her to the seat and drifted down towards the railed platform below her. Once she’d touched down, she turned towards the Rivale and stood at attention, waiting for its pilot to disembark himself.

The cockpit hatch slid open, and the Nova Prince emerged out from the belly of the dark machine.

As far as soldiers went, the Prince was nothing short of a beast of a man, claiming a height of seven feet and possessing a body with a broad frame. The decorative armor he wore on his arms, legs and torso was colored a dark, deep purple, matching the armor of the Rivale, and the cape that flowed over his shoulders was of a deep indigo hue. Orange-red hair flowed down past his neckline, and over his face he wore an iron mask with a trident-horn and but a single horizontal slit for his eyes.

Marlene lowered herself into a deep bow. “My Prince…”

With a slight wave of his hand, the Prince gestured that she be at ease.

“Come. Let us take a walk,” he rumbled in his deep tone.

Marlene had to admit, though the ship seemed large on the outside, it felt even more so from the inside. The great hallway that led to what she assumed was the Prince’s quarters was nearly three meters high, and the walls were lined with golden trim and several paintings; artist’s interpretations of several conquests the Fandom had made over the years, like the first Earth drop operation and the battle of the Shoal. It was the first time Marlene had ever seen in inner ways of the Iron Lucifer. In fact, she was quite confident she was the only knight to have ever witnessed so, a fact that she secretly allowed to fill her with pride.

“Tell me, Marlene,” the Prince said without breaking his long strides. “What do you feel for the Gundam pilots?”

The question surprised Marlene. The Prince was curious as to how she felt? She took care to choose her words with precision before answering. “They are a worthy group of adversaries. Talented and powerful… they’ve every right to the title of Earth’s strongest.”

“Indeed,” The Prince said. “However, that does not answer my question.”

Surprise flitted over Marlene’s face. The Prince continued. “That is merely an expression of the respect you hold for them as pilots. However, one individual can respect another, yet still hold any number of various feelings for them. This is what I wish to learn from you.”

“So, I’ll ask you once more. What do you feel for the Gundam team?”

Marlene found herself momentarily at a loss. She had never really considered it before. “I…”

Her gaze to drifted down towards the decorated floor. She reminisced on the encounters she had had with them. The fierce battles which had all ended in failure… the defeat she had experienced at the hands of Strike Zero. Almost unconsciously, her hand clenched into a fist. “I…”

She took a deep breath. “I hate them. I hate them with all my heart and soul. Not only for killing our comrades… their very existence disgusts me to the core. This Earth is not their own. They should not even be here in this universe fighting for it, and yet here they are, interfering in our battles, our war. It’s just so… so…”

“Unfair?”

The young knight bit her lip. “Yes… that’s exactly what it is…”

“No, it is not.”

Marlene looked up, startled.

“You of all people should know, Marlene. Nothing about war is the least bit fair. Not in the slightest. The Federation saw an opportunity presented to them, they took it, and it thus worked towards their benefit. There’s nothing at all unfair about that, wouldn’t you say?”

The two stopped in place as they arrived at a pair of double doors emblazoned with the Fandom emblem.

“Just as there is nothing unfair about taking the opportunities that are presented to me.”

The doors slid into the walls, revealing a large dome-shaped chamber beyond. The walls were made of curved, dull silver panels and placed in the center of the room was a steel pedestal, resting on top of which a strange device that Marlene didn’t recognize. Although, ‘resting’ wasn’t the proper term, she realized as she approached the center; the device was actually floating a couple of centimeters over the pedestal’s surface.

Was this not the Prince‘s quarters, as she had originally surmised? What was it then, she wanted to ask, though she found herself unable to venture the question.

“Witness, Marlene,” the Prince said, “What few have ever been granted the opportunity to witness.”

The Prince strode up to the pedestal and extended a hand over the unusual device. This triggered something immediately. The room grew pitch black to the point where Marlene could no longer see the floor she stood upon. For some reason, however, she and the Nova Prince themselves were still visible, as were the pedestal and device, which were now glowing from within with a crystal-green light. Marlene was mesmerized by the aquamarine glow until something else managed to capture her attention. Slowly, amongst the darkness, tiny pinpricks of light began to appear. Hundreds, thousands, millions of twinkling lights surrounding the pair. Eventually, Marlene was able to pick out other objects; swirls of various sizes and color scattered amongst the lights.

When she finally realized what she was looking at, it was with a measure of shock. Stars. These objects were none other than the millions of distant stars and galaxies.

“What… is this?”

“This….” the Prince replied with a hint of reverence in his voice, “is the Luminous Eye. It is a device that came into my possession several years ago, and has since become my window to space and time. When I combine its power with this artifact here,” he gestured towards the floating device, “The Eye allows me to peer into the depths of even the most remote corner of this universe. All things are laid bare before me… save the hearts and minds of human beings.”

“So then… what we’re seeing here…” Marlene breathed.

“Yes. These are the stars that make up our own Milky Way galaxy. And this…” the Prince flourished a hand. All at once, the stars began to move past them at breakneck speed, their ‘location’ shifting. This continued until an all-too-familiar blue and green planet presented itself before them.

“…is the planet Earth,” the masked man finished. “Humanity’s cradle… and our ultimate objective.”

Marlene took a few shaky steps towards the planet; though she could feel the ground beneath her feet, the feeling of vertigo that came with floating amongst a sea of stars would send any person unfamiliar with this place off balance. She reached out a hand and coursed her fingers through the representation of the Earth. As they passed through the ethereal image, it didn’t flicker and degenerate into pixels as it would normally, but instead remained solid and even cast a brighter glow as if reacting to her touch.

“Incredible…” Marlene breathed. “I’ve never seen a holographic system such as this before…”

“Holographic? Oh, no,” the Prince chastised lightly. “This is far different from any hologram, Marlene. What this is…”

Marlene turned to the Prince and waited for him to continue. He didn’t. The man merely gazed into the shimmering blue planet before him. Then he too took a few steps closer. “You know, of course, the single solitary obstruction that blocks the path to our ultimate conquest. That obstruction, is the Gundam team.”

At the conclusion of his sentence, window suddenly materialized in front of them. On it was the projected image of a long, submarine-like warship resting in a ship dock next to another ship, one Marlene immediately identified as the Ceres. So this was also a ship belonging to the Gundam team? At the base of the vessels, she could see tiny objects moving about--technicians, tending to their duties, even a few people that seemed to be pilots…

The young knight gave a start as she realized the implications of what she was seeing. This was not a still image, but a video… surveillance footage transmitted in real time from earth to the Iron Lucifer, despite them being several thousand kilometers away. Not just any surveillance footage either--an image captured from within the enemy stronghold where they should never have been able to reach. It was no joke--the Prince had not exaggerated when he said “every corner of the universe”.

So this is the way he gathers all his information…

“For the time being, the Gundams seem to have taken a third-party stance towards this conflict, engaging both our own forces and the Federation’s alike. Normally, such a stance would prove to be an utter waste of energy. However… so long as they carry the backing of the traitorous Divine Crusaders, the chance for them to prevail is not inexistent…”

A second image appeared, this time of the Aideonius Island proper, an exterior view of the place the Gundams resided. Marlene studied this image with interest. “What is the DC’s objective? I know they were originally part of our ranks and seceded, but beyond that…”

“Bian Zoldark, is a deluded idealist,” the Nova Prince replied, squaring himself towards the new image. “His dream is certainly a noble one--to create a united Sol, one in which that all humanity can live in peace. It is also a dream he will never live to see fulfilled, for his fate ever remains nothing short of death at my hand. When he departed from our ranks, he took along with him my Valsion, robbing us of its great power. Such a treachery is something that will not go unpunished, and his execution will come in due time.”

“But for now… our attention must remain elsewhere.”

More images appeared, one of the Federation ship Macht floating in space, and one of the Salvation that hosted the Wolf Dragoons. All of them were ships belonging to the Divine Crusaders, and each of them were currently home to at least one or more members of the Gundam team.

“Many have expressed doubts of us dispensing so many resources to dispose of the Gundams. They feel that though they are strong, the mounting toll our conflicts with them have taken is unwarranted. However, nothing could be further from the truth. It is true that the Gundam team is a threat… but that is not yet the heart of the matter. In truth… over the course of their journey, the Gundam team has come into possession of a great source of power… one that is very important to me… and the completion of our plans.”

“A source of power?” Marlene asked, puzzled. “What is it?”

“That shall be revealed, Marlene, in due time. All you need know is that a disturbance surrounds the Gundam team--one that threatens to channel the destined flow in another direction, one away from our ideal future if left unchecked. This is something we must prevent at all costs.”

Disturbance? Destined flow? Marlene didn’t understand. However, once again it didn’t seem as though the Prince was going to elaborate. Yet another silence fell over the pair until Marlene finally mustered up the courage for her to speak instead.

“My Prince… if I may be so bold… why are you telling me all this?”

The Prince turned, but remained silent.

“I am grateful and honored that you would decide to share all this with me… but I must know… for what purpose have you brought me here?”

The towering man waited several seconds before responding. “Because I merely wished to have a… heart-to-heart with you, my fair knight. Speaking plainly… I am concerned that you have lost sight of our goals.”

Marlene’s eyes widened out of shock. “No! I would never!”

“Are you so certain? While the Luminous Eye cannot read the minds of people… it is a simple matter for me to read the heart. Yours has been misplaced… stolen by another.”

Yet another window appeared, this one showing a young man with short, dark hair, who Marlene immediately identified as Strike Zero. He was currently, he was chatting with a younger blonde-haired girl. At the sight of him, Marlene felt most of her muscles inadvertently tense.

“Even now, you are telling me everything I have come to suspect. Your heart has been consumed by him… filled with an ever burning desire. To kill him, perhaps? Or something else? In any case, it would seem that he has become your reason and vindication for which to return to the battlefield.”

Through all this, Marlene made no movement, not the slightest sound.

The Prince peered down at the young knight intently. “Will you tell me that it is not true? That I am mistaken?”

Still there was silence, as Marlene struggled to find how to respond. Then, slowly, she shook her head. “No.”

“It is true. I want to kill him, with all my heart and soul. This man… who made a fool of me… who killed Leon… I want so badly to deliver my judgment on him, I can barely sleep for dwelling on it. The vision of my saber burying itself deeply into his machine’s cockpit fills me with such joy and satisfaction, I can barely contain myself for it. Yes… there is nothing I’d like better than for him to die at my hand.

“But… you say that this that my reason for fighting? For you? For the Fandom?”

At this, Marlene shook her head surely. “No. Here, my Prince, you are mistaken.”

The young knight took a deep breath. “When I was younger… I couldn’t do anything. Despite my powerful lineage and rich upbringing, I had no talent in anything I did whatsoever. My parents deemed me a failure. My so-called friends in school ridiculed me for it. It seemed to me as though I would never amount to anything in this life.

“But, finally, when I turned sixteen, I found something I could be good at. I applied for the Fandom piloting academy, and passed the entrance exam with flying colors. I went on to excel past everybody in my class, and graduated early with full honors. And as I did so… such praise people had for me along the way. I had never felt such elation before in my life.”

She held her hand out in front of her and balled it into a fist. “To excel. To succeed. To surpass all others and prove myself. That is why I fight. Why I push so hard. And that is the true reason I want to defeat that man… who has displayed skill above mine. I will defeat him, surpass him, then I will have truly become the greatest.”

Silence filled the chamber. Slowly, she turned and looked at the Prince, waiting for his response. His mask and solid demeanor prevented her from reading his reaction. Eventually, tilted his head slightly upward.

“That is a good answer.”

The Prince took two steps towards the young knight. “When one fights for vengeance, the object of their obsession becomes everything they are. And when they succeed in destroying it… they are left empty and worthless. However… when one posses a motivation of their own spirit… that is when one truly becomes unstoppable.”

“I have long since seen this desire within you, Marlene. That is why I granted you a position among my Knights. I merely wished for you to see it as well. For it is only when you remember that desire that will you be able to face your rival and emerge victorious.”

Despite her efforts, Marlene could not mask her surprise and shock. “My… my prince…” she managed.

“Of course… the possession of additional power would be of assistance to you, now wouldn’t it?” The Prince said, changing the subject abruptly. “About the GN Drive you have been carrying around in your flaship…”

Marlene started out of her trance, realizing the implications of the Prince’s statement. “I… I’m sorry… I should have reported it to you… but I wanted that power for myself so that I might grow stronger…”

The Prince raised a gauntleted hand. “You are not going to be punished, if that is your concern. I could not think of a better tool for your conquest. Rather… I merely wished to address how you are to put it to use.”

“If it‘s that,” Marlene said. “I have already come up with a design for a mobile suit compatible with it. It is only a matter of time before it is finished…”

“There is no need for that,” The Prince replied. He reached behind him and produced a data pad. The device was made to appear small in the man’s gauntlet. “I myself have taken the liberty of designing something you may find most appealing.”

Marlene accepted the data pad and powered it on. What she saw caused her mouth to drop open. “This… this is…!”

“You will find that it is by far superior to the machine you have been constructing. Each part has been custom crafted and optimized to take advantage of the GN-drive’s unlimited power, even more so than its original holder, the Gundam Dynames, could have ever achieved. In sooth, this mobile suit is an easy match for any Gundam currently in existence, and I am granting this machine, and its power, to you.”

Marlene looked up into the Prince’s eyes at an utter loss for words.

The Prince gestured with a hand. “Go now, and use it to lay waste to the Gundam the next you meet. The unit has been completed and is already in transit to the Mother Wind. When you return, you should find it ready and waiting for your use. I’m sure you wish to return to test out its capabilities?”

Marlene nodded shakily. “Y-Yes…” suddenly, she dropped down on one knee and bowed down before the armored man. “Thank you… thank you, my Prince. I absolutely will not fail you.”

“I certainly hope you don’t, for if you did, it would serve to shame us both.”

Slowly, Marlene rose and turned to leave. As she neared the door, the projected space faded and the room appeared back in its original state, allowing her to pass through the door once again. As she did so, she wore an expression of fierce determination of which she’d never had before.

Watch me, your majesty. This power you have bestowed upon me will most certainly not be wasted.

The Prince watched his loyal knight go off.

A strong spirit. It’s truly a pity she won’t live to see our path through to the end…

His thought was interrupted by the sound of another voice, just above a whisper. “Are you certain that is wise, my lord?”

The Prince turned and looked up towards the source of the voice. From the shadows above emerged the masked form of the dark knight Cain who was now, somehow, standing upside down on the roof of the circular chamber.

“Entrusting that much power to the reckless young girl? I have already seen it—no matter how hard she tries… her strength is not enough to cause any alteration in the flow. Any action she takes from here on out will be utterly fruitless.”

“Your power of sight must be weakening, Cain,” The Prince admonished. “For on the contrary… I have seen that she will in fact play a vital role for us during the final stage.”

“Oh?“ Cain replied. His tone remained the same--only a slight change in posture betrayed the surprise he felt towards the declaration. “And what of the Innovators? The power they posses is also beyond measure. What do you have planned for them?”

“Ah, the Innovators… their role in our plans has long since passed, though the extent of their future usefulness remains to be seen. The only reason they still live is because, despite their power, the threat they pose to us is but a trifle.”

If Cain’s face were visible, it would have furrowed into a frown. “And the Gundam’s threat is not?”

For the first time since he had arrived, the Prince chuckled. “It would seem you are concerned for the future, Cain. I am glad for it. However, you need not worry yourself too much.” The Prince turned, and the room darkened once more, the image of the luminous Earth appearing once again. His gaze seemed to become lost within its glow.

“All things continue to move according to the destined flow. And once the Gate of Magus is activated… everything will be over.”
Last edited by Strike Zero on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Zangetsu

-Zangetsu-
He had searched through many files on the Gundam Team and had a difficlt time siftting it to find Norman but, eventually he did. It had seamed Norman had escaped with the rest of the original crew of the Liberator.

'Well I knew that much. It wasn't till we got to the Moon I had him make Zaraki.' thought Zangetsu who then skimmed through the rest of the article until he found the latest entry. "What's this? These men have be found guilty of aiding Federation deserters, who stole high powered Gundam units. They will be exectuted shortly following a trial to affirm the charges."

Zangetsu imediatly got up and ran from the room, with Kayvan tightly clutching his shoulder. He reached the hangar in momments and jumped into the Sonicscream. The startup process finished as he aproched the hangar gate.

"Gundam pilot you do not have clearence to launch. Please disist." said someone over the intercom.

"Sorry buddy but, I have a friend to save." Zangetsu said as he raised both the burst railguns and forced the door open, acelerating quickly as he exited. As he gained altitude two Lions flew close to him and began to open fire. "I said sorry ya know." Zangetsu said as he fired shots to disable both Lions causing them to harmlessly crash into the Ocean. Zangetsu quickly fired off a message to Bian explaining his actions and let a Newtype pulse go out to alert all those who could fell as to his predicament.

Bian's message read as follows-
Dear Bian,

I am sorry to have forcfully left without consulting you but a friend of mine could be exicuted by the Federation at any time and I must quickly go to his rescue. I apologise for the damage I caused and will take full responsability when I return.

Signed
Zangetsu.
Wingnut

- Bian -

"A mobile suit factory producing Gundams. You wouldn't happen to know where this factory is and exactly what machines they are building there would you?" Bian replied, clearly worried about the Federation possibly mass producing Gundam class mobile suits.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wedge14

-Fourteen-

His vision was blurred and slowed. Infront of him was Doctor Von Hawker, and a few other men and women he didn't recognize. They had strapped him down to a bed. Wedge felt numb and delirious he tried to call out but nothing came.

The doctor and the others ignored him. Talked about him like he wasn't there. They talked like he was dead.

"I'm troubled at the loss of the prototypes, but even moreso about the loss of the three pilots."

"I think Raven is going to be more interested in the results from the tests, Doctor."

"yes, yes, But still we could of achieved similar results without so much Death and destruction."

"Well atleast we recovered one of their bodies. Has anyone contacted the families?"

"Haskins and Rollins families have been notified. But Fourteens..."

The Doctor interupted. "His immediate family was lost in an immediate attack in the war. Well thats what I read in his dossier."

The other doctor in the room a pathologist, sighed.

"Well...I guess he's with his family now..."

Von Hawking nodded, "Yes, yes....say would you mind if I sat in during the autopsy?"

The nurse tilted his head, it was such a strange request. Doctor Von Hawker was not a medical doctor so why would he have any interest?

"why, yes Doctor we were just waiting for you to leave, but I guess we can get started."

The Nurse and his team all walked towards the corpse of Lt. Wedge Fourteen. He was still in his pilot suit, which was badly burned most likely melted to his skin. His face was luckilly completely intact.

"He's lucky they should be able to have an open casket." The nurse said to the doctor slightly amused, before reaching for a scalpel.

"No point in trying to get the flight suit off..." The Pahologist said as he began to bring his scalpel to the area right below the shoulder.

He and the rest of the Medical team screamed in sheer horror, when Lt. Fourteen quickly grabbed his wrist and sat up.

Doctor Von Hawker confidently smiled without an ounce of shock on his face.
Last edited by Wedge14 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Heretic

-Space-

Mai had been practically adopted by the mechanics of the ship that had rescued her from the events that had clamed her salvage ship. She worked, earning her keep on the Clop Class ship Ebinshire. With how short handed the ship was, Mai’s help was appreciated and it gave her an escape. She had buried herself in her work, forsaking most if not all human contact in order to work with machines, Machines were better company in her eyes, easer to fix than people…

It was one of the rare times when Mai was finished her shift but wasn’t dead tired, and so, after grabbing a handful of ration bars that she stuffed into the pocket of her coveralls, Mai made her way to the MS hanger.

Mai’s Jegan, hers because salvage laws dictated that it was until the Federation bought it from her, was at the back of the hanger in a maintenance alcove. The Ebinshire and its battle group hadn’t seen combat since Mai had been picked up, so little maintenance for the other MS was needed. Mai had spend every scrap of free time working on her Jegan and today she was going to try tackling the fault in the main computer’s movement control protocols one more time. For some still inexplicable reason, the left leg kept twisting radically when taking a step. After checking and rechecking the mechanical components, she had tracked the problem to something in the control system, but it was proving elusive.

From inside the Jegan’s cockpit, Mai opened an access hatch to the main computer situated above the seat. She was going to have to try following the command paths from the computer all the way down to the leg. She pulled one of the ration bars from her pocket, unwrapped the end, took a bite of the bland tasting food supplement then set to work.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Nero

-Rena-

"'I'd have to lead you there as it's at the base I came from... but as for what they're building, I've seen six models that are obviously one-of-a-kind, along with an old GAT-Series Prototype.

In detail, there was this red-looking model with two beam cannons on it's back, a model that seriously looked like it has a Fighter for the back, a greenish-looking one, a black one that looked like a wolf when it transformed, a bluish one, and a model with blue wings... But I remember seeing six of this one blue and grey model that I heard was based off a machine used by someone in a group called the 'Gundam Team'."

Rena tried to remember anything else, but couldn't come up with anything.
"I'm sorry I can't remember more... I hope what i've said was enough to help..."
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
SNT1

--Rachel--

Rachel wakes up four hours later, a luxury being in the front lines in times of war, and it was enough to power her again for maybe another 24 hours. She has taken a nice, hot, shower, although she is a bit worried about this 'calm' they're having.

She looks outside and walks around to see variable mobile suits parked in the hangar, that huge GN... thing, and... more variable mobile suits, with AA towers all over.

Finally Rachel makes her way back to the command center where a hardworking, dedicated Taylor surely must be... sleeping. "Eh..." She sees the other Major still slumped in the computer screen, face on keyboard, glasses aside, with a blueprint of sorts of a black mobile armor.

The snore wasn't loud but it was there, and Rachel just left her alone.

For her breakfast, she always grabs a can of drink and a sandwich and sits atop of her MS.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Terrace

Terrace stiffened as he felt Zangetsu's Newtype pulse.

Ok, buddy, I won't stop you. You do what you have to.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Strike Zero

- Jessie Hunter -
- Transport, en Route to Japan -

"Hey."

The sleeping woman didn't budge.

The plane's co-pilot tried again. "Hey."

Jessie jumped and blinked a few times before looking up at the man standing over her. "Huh...?" she mumbled sleepily.

"We're almost at Japen. We'll be touching down in ten minutes."

The young woman stared blankly. "Where?"

The pilot was incredulous. Is she for real? "Japan. The place we're supposed to drop you and your suit off?"

"Oh," Jessie said. She thought for a few seconds. "Right."

She looked up at the pilot. "You said we land in ten minutes, right...?"

"Yes..."

She slumped back down in her seat and closed her eyes again. "Well, then, wake me up in ten minutes."

The pilot's face fell into his hand and he left, not seeing much other choice. As he returned to the cockpit he thought to himself, Jesus... are all Gundam pilots this difficult?

A sharp breeze caught Jessie's scraggly blond hair as she made her way across the tarmac towards the jeep that would take her to the command building. She lazily brushed back into place with her fingers.

She was supposed to meet with the leader of her new team... what was her name again... Rachel? Whatever. She was still too tired at the moment to care.

"I just hope the weathers always nice like this..." Rachel mumbled to herself, then paused. "Not that I'm going to be able to enjoy it anyway...
Last edited by Strike Zero on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wedge14

Fourteen had made an astonishing recovery and in a few days he was back on his feet. The medics were stunned, and the pathologist who had first declared the pilot dead was referred to as a second rate doctor and put under suspension.

Von Hawker and his team had continued with their tests and were now working on the process of reformatting the Fandom's other units. The GN Leo was considered a success.

The GN leos would pack a surprising punch, that would most certainly catch the Fandom's enemies off guard.

--
Fourteen stood inside the hangar resting on his crutch. He looked pretty good considering he was declared dead a few weeks earlier. He quickly made his way over to Gremio and Nash.

"Lt!" Shouted the young Nash, He was a well tanned individual he reminded some of a stereotypical surfer.

"That was good run you too" Wedge said rather humbly, but in reality the two were quickly shot down by the experimental GN units they were competing with.

Gremio who was somehow even younger then Nash went red slightly. "We do what we can. It's a relief to see you out of the infirmary, sir."

Fourteen nodded. "I'm on orders to take it easy for a few more days. But I should be out of this cast and flying with you guys by the time our next test assignment comes around."

Nash yawned, while Gremio nodded anxiously. "Wow so quickly? Well I guess it'll be good to be at full strength again."

Wingnut

- Bian -

"I see. I do believe that I can figure out what is going on from here, thank you." he replied.

((Nero, I will need the location of this base to proceed. Send the location via PM.))

- Red Eagle -

All of the pilots and machines were soon loaded onto the Land Battleship, which Charles personally thought was a rather odd name for a craft that flew as its primary means of getting around, and the ship made its way towards Japan after signaling Zero's submarine to get underway as well.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nero

-Rena-

"All right." She soon departed the office and went to the hangar where the Wing Gundam was to do some routine maintenance checks on the machine.

-Zero-

"All right, it's time. Black Knights, we're heading out!" All three Ikaruga class ships soon took off along the same course as the Land Ship Major Gordon was commanding.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
SNT1

--Rachel--

As she finishes off the ham sandwich sitting on the upper torso of her Gundam, she watches as crewmembers accommodate the pink Gundam into one of the hangar spots. "Interesting, now we have people trying to park a bright pink unit right next to a gold unit," she says. The nearest mechanic hears her and shrugs at that reality.

--Taylor--

*gasp!*

Taylor wakes up with keyboard marks on her face... "What the..." looking at the time she finds that she's fallen asleep for five hours in front of the computer... "Blah, where was I... oh yeah, the Destroy... I.. yeah, we'll worry about that later." She quickly takes off to shower for a bit---she has a few things to discuss with the current team situation.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Strike Zero

- Jessie -

After a half hour drive--the traffic in Tokyo was terrible, Jessie discovered--she finally arrived at the command center that her team was supposed to be stationed at. She was to meet with them and become properly acquainted and assigned before they departed on their next mission.

She entered the hanger where--sure enough--other Gundams were parked. She approached one that she recognized as a Gundam Airmaster--one of the high-performance mobile suits that had been developed along side her Infinite Justice, which she noted was currently being loaded into the hanger as well.

"Nice..." Jessie murmured, gliding her fingertips across armor of the the suit's foot.

She looked up and spotted another young woman sitting atop the Gundam. "'S'cuse me," she called up. "I'm looking for a..."

Jessie frowned, then pulled out the file her superior had handed to her as she'd walked out. "Rachel Anne and Taylor Reese," she continued. "I'm supposed to be joining their team... or something... I don't know..."
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

A moment later, Morpheus walked into the brig, arms crossed behind his back, and strode through its corridors with a deliberately slow stride --- he was in control of the situation, and no hurry. Hurrying, Morpheus had learned, never did anyone any good, and rushing into a fight even less so; many innocents were killed that way. And if everything went well, Morpheus mused, Zero would prove more useful to him and the DC than anyone would think.

His demeanor remained even as he stopped in front of June's cell, nodded, and raised a small sheet of paper, folded neatly into a square --- people underestimated the power of snail mail nowadays. No hackers.

"It's time," Morpheus simply said, and June's cell opened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pod that sat in the underground harbor in Aidoneus Island, on one corner of the shore, was a rather plain, unarmed one-seater --- perfectly harmless to the Divine Crusaders in June's hands. If nothing else, however, it was fast, and that was how Morpheus wanted it. The sooner June was away from Lune and Aidoneus Island, the better --- and the sooner Ishikawa Shigetaka would be gone from Morpheus' troubles. The submersible pod rocked gently as small waves cradled the pod around the shoreline, little more than an underground crevice and a submerged tunnel leading outside, into the ocean.

Standing some ways to its starboard side, beckoning for June to climb in, Morpheus waited. Even then, his expression didn't change, there was no crease of worry or any sign of it. For Bian and the DC, Morpheus had to be that way almost all the time, after all...

"This is as far as I can take you, June Uzuki." Morpheus simply said. This was goodbye, and after that, Morpheus had bigger fish to fry. "From here on, it's up to your Lord Zero when and where to pick you up, but do so near Aidoneus and it's his own death warrant --- naturally. Remember your end of the bargain."

A pause.

"And think on my words --- you and Zero."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wedge14

The doctor laughed with delight, as he thumbed through some test results, he had gotten back from the lab. It was unbelievable, he had seen nothing like it. The cellular structure contained many irregularities, alot of synthetic man made elements. Most alarming were the inclusion of some materials unknown to anything the Fandom had ever seen.

It was the discovery of a lifetime. And if anyone was going to get credit for it, it would be the esteemed doctor himself.

He quickly logged onto his computer and typed up a quick and efficient email. Detailing not only the preliminary GN conversion tests, but also acknowledge his discovery. Even suggesting that it would be moved into further testing.

With the evidence he had gathered, It was apparent that, Lt. Wedge Fourteen was some kind of Bioroid. Not only that but he was designed by some alien technology unknown to the fandom.

Making sure noone would take credit for his discovery he sent it straight to the inbox of Raven Sterling.

The Big Zabowski

-Enlight-

"Hmm, it seems that I've underestimated you Federals..."

Wish a shake of her head, she hopped into a small car, and was soon screaming out of the parking lot to the tune of screeching tires.

"Heading, you were a fool to kill Zabowsky. You may have signed your own death warrant and that of your 'plan'; but we shall still see the fall of both sides soon enough and the rise to our original goal."

Enlight giggled slightly as she mused to herself, driving along in a small black coupe similar to a Miata. Her giggle soon turned into outright laughter as she sped down the motorway back toward base, the Ptolemaios being seen departing the Base itself and headed toward the main complex.

-----
Minutes later
-----

"And why did they decide to move the ship here?"

"The Federal officers on base requested the ship be kept here for..security reasons."

"And did I authorize the transfer?"

"No, but it was a wise choice in the end. Sensors picked up something strange out west. A GN signature.. Tau-"

"Fandom.."

"That's what I thought, Ma'am. But we really couldn't ascertain whether or not it was indeed a Fandom GN signature or a DC signature. Remember that there were reports of captured GN drives being posessed by the DC."

"Well, keep this on the DL for the moment.. Once the Feds pick up on it we'll give them some tactical..'advice' on the Tau drives."

"Aye, ma'am.."

With that, the ships engineer, Lt. Magnus smirked slightly and turned back to the gangway to head back into the Ptolemaios.

"So naieve, Heading. And to think that you'd be able to get away with a mutiny so easily. Foolish priss.."

Meeting him at the doorway, an innovator technician confirmed Enlight's meeting with the Federal majors that had joined them on the flight back to Taipei. He pulled out a small stick shaped object and squeezed his thumb and forefinger on the top of the device, speaking into it in a hushed tone.

"Oksana.. I take it the discussions went well with Reese?"

Unfortunately they have grown suspicious. Maybe the Ptolemaios would have been a better choice of a meeting place.

"You knew the risk of having two humans aboard.."

Then move the ship into mooring along with the other Federal land vessels. I've contacted tower control for you..

"..And you think Heading would let this go over her head? Moving the ship without her authorization into Federal ranks? She's already angry about moving the ship from the airport."

Just do it, otherwise I'll find someone more..dependable to assist us.

"...yes ma'am."

Magnus then nodded to the innovator who disappeared inside the ship, the gangway retracting and the ship taxiing from it's spot on an inactive taxiway toward the line of Federal airships in the center of the base.

"Federal Tokyo control this is Ptolemaios confirming clearance to dock."

-----

-Kit-

"So she's ready?"

A Technician looked up from his tool chest at the buxom Kit as she rested an elbow on the chest, leaning slightly as well.

"Wha..watch it! The wheels don't lock! And yes, for your information the Bawoo is ready for a test flight. You have clearance from tower control for this, right..?"

Kit just smiled and batted her lashes at the poor man.

"Aww, but what would be the fun in that? Nice to know you didn't blow it up in the process."

"Hey, the only shit that got broke was what that dumbass pilot boyfriend of yours did. 186 hours straight of overhauling and rebuilding.. we aren't f**king robots like him for christ-"

As he turned to look at Kit from the Bawoo that he was balking about, he noticed a fire in her eye followed by a right hook to his temple.

'OOF!'

The mechanic bounced hard on his tool chest and onto the floor, blood coming from a broken eye socket and cheek bone as he lay unconscious on the floor.

"You sumbich.."

Kit kicked his tool chest out of the way, the roller chest sliding to a stop against another mech's foot and toppling over. The clatter of tools rung throughout the hangar as a result, drawing attention to the bloodied mechanic and his assailant.

With a cross look, she barked at the other mechanics that stared at her.

"Well, get a medic team in here! I don't want to file harassment reports on you sorry bastards too, ya know! ..Or do I?"

It could be said that the mechanics nearby soon had their shorts lit on fire by the way they moved to clean the place up. The sight would probably be quite amusing to the GT pilots and other DC pilots who shared a sense of morbid humor.

Kit was just enraged as all hell for the technician's berating of her deceased confidant.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

- Raven Sterling, Dominance, entering Earth orbit -

It was just before the operation was scheduled to commence when Raven got the message about Dr. Von Hawker's discovery concerning the true nature of one Lt. Fourteen. While the data was certainly of interest, it would have to wait as she had more important matters to attend to.

The assault on the Tokyo base, and more specifically the Ptolemaios XIII, was about to commence and Raven had decided to see this new ship and mobile suits for herself.

Thus, a few minutes later, she along with Johann and Nena launched and took up position to enter one of the 4 suit drop pods where the GN-XIII of one Nowe Triefth was just entering as well.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

--Taylor-- (4 hours before the battle)

As Taylor walked out of the bathroom (in full uniform) there was a lower-ranking officer waiting just outside the door. Taylor shrieks uncharacteristically, and the man shortly apologizes.

"What," Taylor asks. "Major, there has been some Fandom movement detected across the Pacific," the man said.

Taylor, in turn, tunes it and leans closer. "...and?"

"It seems to be heading west, and it might be heading to either here or Taipei."

"...alert the soldiers here, and let me jump back to the computer so we can see if they're actually heading here."

As she walked back in the command center, she immediately attempts to decipher the Fandom presence. It seemed like they were heading this way. "Send a signal to the guys at Taipei and see if they would be able to send some help here," she commands. "Also, move the base status to 'high alert.'" In the end, she was micromanaging everything, including the Ptolemaios' clearance.

From Hawaii eh? Isn't that their Pacific stronghold? This could be something.

--Rachel--

"I'm Rachel. Welcome to the team then, just try to help us kill the designated targets in the battlefield and you're peachy!" Rachel didn't care much about the specifics, nor she needed to know.

Her PDA suddenly alarms, with a message from Taylor herself, and her careless mood turns serious. "Well, looks like you arrived just in time... Major."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Nero

((I'm gonna go ahead and wrap this up if you don't mind...))
-June-

She closed and put away the book before walking out of the cell and to where Morpheus guided her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When she saw the pod, she giggled at it's simplicity, but it likely had speed on it's side. Once she strode over to the pod, she said something to Morpheus as she took the letter from said person.

"Should Lord Zero change from the man I... know... I may consider reporting the Black Knight's activities as well..." She soon climbed into the pod and closed it's hatch and departed Aidoneus, and once outside DC airspace, June activated a Fandom signal while moving further away from the airspace where her likely worst mission was.

-Highwind Bridge-

"...? Lord Zero, come take a look." The masked man strode over to the terminal where the radar officer was and examined the signal.

A Fandom Signal...

"Send a message to Major Gordon and let him know that the Highwind is breaking off to investigate a Fandom Signal heading away from Aidoneus and that we'll be a little late to the battle."
The Highwind Com Officer did as told and relayed the message to Major Gordon before sending different messages to the other ships, ordering them to follow The Landship as the Highwind went in the direction of the signal.

~Half an hour later~

The Highwind soon located the source of the signal; a pod with the DC signature on it, yet it was broadcasting the Fandom signal.

A Burai went to retrieve it and brought it up to the ship's hangar and placed it down near the hangar entrance.

June soon opened the pod and was greeted by no less than five SMGs pointed at her. she almost panicked, until she heard a familiar voice...

"Stand Down! She's one of us." Zero beckoned, and the officers soon complied. June was almost ecstactic to see Zero and rather quickly ran to and put her arms around him.

Zero guided June to his quarters and asked her the results of her mission.

"Sadly, I wasn't able to aquire the profiles of the Gundam Team's pilots, but I have a consellation if you want it..." She held out a letter and a disk for Zero to accept, which he did as he opened a line to the bridge, ordering them to resume their course towards Japan.