Chapter 15: Trouble in Tokyo

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Chapter 15: Trouble in Tokyo

((No separate space and earth thread for this chapter as space activity is likely to be at a minimum for the duration of chapter 15.

Continue where the last chapter left off.))
Last edited by Wingnut on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Omega

-Zaine-

The Mk. II arrived at the Valhalla about half an hour after the incident with the spy... though the cockpit would look different to the technicians since Zaine had brought the upper part of the pilot seat down to give Tallis some breathing room. Before climbing out of the cockpit, (and taking advantage of the hatch still being closed) He switched off the speakers and asked a question explaining what he did. "Tallis... have you ever... let anyone kiss you?" he'd be rather embarrassed as he asked.

-Lyon-

Lyon had arranged for a meeting with the rest of the team, though Cassan would be excluded due to being in the infirmary recovering from his injuries. The GM Custom Pilot would be there along with the surviving Dagger L pilot... but one person was missing.

"Agh... where is she?" Lyon asked with the GM pilot responding. "She asked me to tell you she'll be late."
Kylern

-Cassan-

The Testament was under repair after its battle with the ultimate Metal Armor. Its pilot was also sleeping off a slight concussion meaning he would be excluded from things right now. He would be ready for the next round of events though since the injuries were minor at best.

-Kylern-

After a short nap and the banadages unwrapped around his head after Rena beating the crap out of him, he started to get up. The Doc had left some migrane pills and a glass water for him which Kylern took eagerly. Next on his list was getting dressed and finding something new to get into.

"I feel better now." He stretched out ready for a new set of events and hopefully getting to join the rest of the group when they went out again. So once he was dressed he headed for the base proper to see not only his TEMJIN but to find something more productive to get into.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

the ride back had been a lot smoother than the test thanks to Zaine's courtesy. she was ready to get out when suddenly Zaine asked her a question she had not expected.

"What? n-no. why do you ask?"

She blushed with embarrassment; even she had a guess about why.

Sume Gai

after receiving no response Gai left Emily to what ever she was doing hoping to find Kylern on his own, still unaware of what had transpired while he was away
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

-Kylern-

After Bian had ordered that Kylern was joining the regular forces the TEMJIN was brought up to the main level hangar. This was were he found his machine standing there gleaming white.

"I've gotta thank Rena sometime for picking you up. Now to test the Doctors ideas." Underneath his armpits was the VR Direct Image helmet which was placed over his head. A button pressed and the device activated also causing the TEMJIN to boot up.

M.S.B.S. initialized... Target mind located... Activating test phase...

The sytem link was achieved and the TEMJIN stated to lift its arms in response to the remote control of its pilot.

"Alright tests begin." First Kylern clenched his fists while the TEMJIN started to do the same thing. Timing was off though as the machine was slightly late in responding. "TEMJIN initiate feedback test. Re-synchronize waves to match mine."

Feedback testing in progress... Progress... Progress...
Terrace

Terrace was now leading a group of MPs and doctors on a merry chase through the base, stark naked. He turned a corner and saw Sume Gai.

"I can has Lolcat?" was all he said before he was tackled and handcuffed. A doctor draped a blanket over his body, preserving what little modesty he had left.

"I am the Lizard King!" he shouted before he was dragged off to the infirmary to sleep off the intoxication.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Cybaster

-Emily-

At that, Emily shrugged; She didn't even want to think about that, because Kylern seemed to radiate Chaotic alignment from his pores right about this moment. He's almost like a Slaad except, y'know, without the given blatant insanity. "I dunno, Gai. He's Chaotic Good, I think...Good, but still Chaotic, and bordering on Chaotic Neutral, so..."

With that, Emily waved goodbye to Gai and walked back into her room.

-Morpheus-

Morpheus did not respond until he and June eventually reached a small door deeper into the base, and for a moment, the Light Warriors' CO paused, standing still; After a small breath, Morpheus raised his hand and keyed in a series of numbers on the keypad next to it, and seconds later the door hissed open, revealing what seemed to be a small workshop of sorts, piled with various gadgets and hardware but otherwise empty.

After Morpheus and June stepped in, the door promptly hissed behind them, and Morpheus turned around, keying the same sequence into the keypad; The doors locked firmly with another hiss of jetting air, and after reaching upwards and seemingly pulling a power cable from the security camera hidden directly above the door, into the wall, he finally turned around. His gaze at June, as ever, was unreadable, as was his manners.

Nonetheless, they were alone. Where Morpheus wanted her.

"I'll be blunt," Morpheus took a deep breath, his voice collected and neutral. "Your Lord Zero wasn't very subtle in his threats to Commander Zoldark earlier, and it was easy to predict that there would be a spy after his ultimatum. Via-a-vis: you. Dark Arcanum was a nice try, I'll admit, and probably would've worked on anyone else but me. But what I'm saying is...getting to Bian using Lune has already been tried, and found wanting, Miss Uzuki. Before you and Zero, there's been no less than three attempts on either of their lives. Raven Sterling knows this --- she might be growing desperate, but she knows this nonetheless.

"And yet she persisted in sending you and Zero.

"Basically, I want you to be aware that you and Zero hence are effectively being sacrificed as a show of force, a distraction from something bigger, Miss Uzuki. Your current mission will only fail, if you persist. Zero will fail. The Divine Crusaders will see to that; he will be found eventually, and he will be killed. That's probably what Raven is counting on to keep the DC's eye busy from a major counteroffensive or to keep us from interfering while they deal with the Federation --- what the Dark Star Knights are, even, to remove competition." Morpheus paused sternly, letting the words sink in with June. "So if you still want to try that mission, you and Zero will have to get in line."

Morpheus took a deep breath.

"So I'll make a deal with you, Miss Uzuki. If you agree, I'll let you leave Aidoneus Island alive and intact; I'm aware of your loyalty to Zero, so I won't ask you to betray him, either --- Your end of the bargain, rather, consists of three things. One: You'll deliver a letter to Zero from me directly. Two, and this is the important part, Miss Uzuki --- I want you to act as a double agent and report everything else about what the Fandom, outside of you and Zero's group, is doing. Your mission is a distraction, and whatever it is exactly you and Zero are being made to cover, well, I want to know what that is.

"And three --- I want you to assassinate someone within the Fandom for me, Miss Uzuki. You almost got to Lady Lune, so he shouldn't be a problem for you, but he's been a pain in the butt and the first person who's gotten the idea you and Zero did." Morpheus raised his right hand and, in a fatal implication, drew it across in front of his throat in a menacing gesture. "I want you, Miss Uzuki, to assassinate Commander-in-chief Ishikawa Shigetaka for me, by whatever means you see fit. I don't care how you do it --- I just want him dead. So, after all that, Miss Uzuki...what do you say?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

saying he was surprised to see terrace Naked was an understatement. Gai forced himself to look upwards to avoid seeing anything he shouldn't his focus on that task was so strong he barely registered what Terrace said till he was tackled by a throng of MPs and a doctor who covered him.

"what the ZOINKS was that about?"

A doctor, looking exhausted, turned to answer just as Terrace shouted about the Lizard King.

"Frankly we're not sure; He ran though about half the base before we caught him. I'm going to need something strong when I finally get off between him and Wonder Boy and the dozen reseach projects going on our plates are too full."

"Wonder Boy?"

"that first guy we brought through our own portal. Kylern or something."

"why do you call him Wonder Boy has he gotten that good?"

"Hah, no, as in it's a wonder he isn't dead yet; I'd love to stay and chat but I got work to do"

the Stress on the last words told Gai the scientist didn't want to talk at all. Gai Went his own way as the scientist left; renewing his search for Kylern a search which eventually led him to the hanger.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kylern

-Kylern-

Feedback complete... Re-booting M.S.B.S. ... Re-boot completed... Continuing with tests...

"Good now lets get this right." Once again he clenched his fist and the machine responded at the same instant. "C'est perfection. Now something a bit more difficult." With that he fell back into a backstance with his hands in a mid-block. After a couple of breaths he swung his leg out in a roundhouse with the TEMJIN doing the same action with relatively decent balance. Of course the machine wasn't built for those kind of precision actions.

"Still looking good." He planted his foot down and and delivered a straight punch with the opposite hand testing the TEMJIN's balance. The machine still kept up but it was having some difficulty with the martial arts. But it was still good enough for his level of skill. Carefully he stepped back into a ready stance and pressed his palms down similar to ending a form in Tai-chi.

The helmet came off and he looked around feeling as if someone of interest had entered the hangar. It seemed to be Gai coming in... he could tell by the odd appearance it was that guy and gave a wave as he left the helmet on a crate near the TEMJIN.

"Whatcha looking for?" He asked with a smile even as his head started to pick up its pounding again.
Wingnut

In space Raven Sterling was putting into motion a plan that would hopefully eliminate the threat of the GN drive Federation ship and the Tokyo base in the process.
It was a clever plan that hopefully would overwhelm the ship and her pilots to the point where they would make fatal mistakes.

It would involve a few hundred mobile weapons and craft to deploy them, but the manpower requirement would be much lower thanks to the fact that most of the machines would be older mechs outfitted with the mobile doll system.

Many transports were at this very moment making their way through re-entry to Earth carrying the needed equipment to outfit all of the machines in the operation. In addition, there would be another battle group that would be dropped directly onto target from space as there was no shortage of older machines there either.

Raven wasn't too concerned with collateral damage to the surrounding area either as in her mind the locals deserved whatever they got for helping the Federation after the DC raided the area for the Fandom portal stationed there earlier in the war.

- Red Eagle -

Also at the moment, Charles Gorden was roaming the base looking for others that would be able to join him in the hunt for the Ptolemaios XIII, in particular the pilots of the heavy GN drive equipped mobile suit and the "orange popsicle", as the ground crews were calling it, mobile armor.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"I was looking for... you. I need to test something and it requires someone with a break field; the Stronger the better."

Gai could tell by looking that Kylern had not had the best of times while the Gundam team was away. He was still bandaged and bruised in several places.

"but first what the heck happened to you? You look like someone spent their off duty time wailing on you with a 2 by 4."

Kylern

-Kylern-

"You'd be surprised..." It was an uncomfortable laugh as he probably looked like a mess. He started to walk towards Gai since it was made clear he needed him for something. And a test no doubt... Hopefully this one didn't involve dismembering him since that was proving rather old by now.

"But a breakfield? The stongest one is probably the sonic breaker mounted on the Astelion... Though its still missing an arm from some battle I don't even remember." He had caused the damage but he wasn't lying about not remembering. That whole day was a blur.

-Nowe-

It seemed Raven had another operation planned and Nowe worked his way into the battlegroup. His custom GN-XIII was loaded up with him there as well. This was going to be fun... He couldn't wait to dismember someone with his new sword.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"a battle? you don't remember?" Gai then realized Kylern Was acting oddly his usual aggression was absent not that he minded that but it did worry him a bit. 'perhaps the doctor can explain it'

"Well as long as it can fly and use it's Sonic breaker that should be enough; though if you don't feel up to it you don't have to; I'm sure i could find a Gaurlion Pilot around."

Dr. Von Hawker

"For Now? I'd like, yes yes, Prefer you to act as an aggressor. Using the assigned unit to attack, yes yes, fight some of our other units in mock battle. Do you have any objections?"

Wedge14

Fourteen shrugged rather lazily.

"As long as it's not live rounds I don't really give a damn." He said with a artificial smile.

Wedge uncrossed his legs and stood up rather rigidly. "Now, Doc If you'd please i'd like to take a tour of the facility and have a chat with the other men on the project."

Wedge forcibly shook the doctors hand and left his office.

He would prove admirably well in the tests. Exceeding Dr. Von Hawker's expectations.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Kylern

"I guess I could do it..." He offered wondering if he really wanted to. This seemed like it would offer no redeeming value for him expect another probably trip to the ER.

"Just explain to me what you need first. Can't way I'm willing to disembowl myself unless its for good reason." His hands went natually into his pockets as he shook his head trying to get a few strands of hair out from his eyes. The Astelion was over on the other side of the hangar still looking as it did when it ran into the Huckebein. Then he looked at the TEMJIN hoping it didn't mind him piloting another unit for the time being.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"well Kayla Ryder came back with a giant mobile armor with some nasty barriers and I'm looking for a way to break them. I think I've found a solution but I need to test it first. If it works all that will happen is the breakfield coming down for a few seconds if it doesn't well nothing would happen."

Kylern

-Kylern-

"I've heard she's back..." Of course he hid the fact that he knew the moment she was back because that was the instant his memory went blank. She had done something to him mentally that had ruined his existance and caused him so much pain since.

"Well there are several ideas that come to my mind. A mono light-wave barrier, solid GN blade, anti-beam melee weapons, or... what else?" He scratched his head thinking through everything he could before his head start to hurt to baddly. "I don't think its possible to overpower her mobile armor head to head. Even the Twin Tesla Drive equip Astelion would be overwhelmed. I say cut through it..." He offered his opinion and then sat down to shake the dizzyiness that had overcame him.

"But if you have other plans yourself I'll meet you outside with the Astelion and we can run whatever you want. Just lay off if I don't respond please because I haven't been holding up well here lately." Wasn't that an understatement. But there was no way he was telling Gai that because of Kayla he was clinging to life barely.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"thanks I'll be there but don't force it if you aren't feeling well"

with that Gai left to set things up on his end. If Kylern showed up he might be surprised to see that rather than being in his own mech Gai, in E-quip Mode, stood atop the robot lion Galeon.

Kylern

Luckly they techs hadn't reprogrammed the locks on the Astelion as he was still able to access it. His experience with this machine had been limited and remained so as it had been just something to fill his time after Natalia went ape-shit on the TEMJIN.

Now he was back in the unit and starting up the TTD. The unit lifted off the ground and weaponless launched from the hangar with its pilot looking slightly green under the collar.

As he arrived at the location he saw something he had never seen before. Of course the first thing that came to his mind came out of his mouth. "Who are you suppose to be, one of the Votron pilots?" The lion thing reminded him of the little connectable lion things from the Votron he had as a kid. In all actuality he had no idea what that thing was since he wasn't familiar with its universe.

"I'm guessing it transforms though, right?" He assumed it would since nobody would go into battle with a none-transformable animal mech like that unless they were a Zoids pilot or something.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai merely chuckled at the Voltron question before answering the real question

"yes he can transform but that's not why he's here right now. so all I need you to do is charge towards me, not specifically at me, with your Sonic breaker nothing fancy."

nearby several scientists with a myriad of equipment and sensors watched. most of them seemed rather dispassionate about this whole state of affairs. Several even wore 'this is never going to work expressions as the glared at either mech.